Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]

Go down 
+18
David Jundt
Mick Chapman
Richard Coxon
Pascal Mikula
Jukka Närhi
Dave Miller
Jason White
Bruno Chacon
Steve Parker
Raymond Riddall
Honza Mild
Jacob Fredriksson
Juha Bos
Richard Wilks
David Sabre
Matthias Weber
Anders Nilsson
Jonatan Acerclinth
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]   Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Dec 2019 - 21:58

I got some really sketchy bug in heat 2: I was told I was driving the wrong way and the other cars were lagging like hell (without any ping looking bad), so I quit so I wouldn't mess anything up for anyone else.

I think it was on my end since I couldn't hear any starting lights in both heats either.

Too bad, since I wasn't THAT far off this time. Best finish of the season with 5th.

:smil20:
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]   Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Dec 2019 - 22:05

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
I was told I was driving the wrong way and the other cars were lagging like hell (without any ping looking bad)

I got the weird lag as well, but instead of wrong way got cut track warnings and blue flags  scratch
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]   Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Dec 2019 - 22:10

Well.. not enough practice + an unstable car = mess?

Race 1: crashed three times, went to repair three times, didn't have enough fuel.. aaaaaaaand finished 3 laps down.

Race 2: Went somewhat well, considering I started 14th. Then I overtook Jukka in the hairpin (I admit it was sort of a divebomb but as I said, the car is just so unstable especially under braking) and then coming to the north turn he hit me in the back, basically having me then do a John Winter and bury my car in the wall. Although I very much assume he wasn't expecting me to brake sooner than himself, so I don't blame him much.

Also i had some weird thing happen to me, I loaded my setup to get into race 2 and it just..defaulted to the default setup except for the steering and fuel settings. Default gearing (which i noted right away because I just couldn't get my ass out of gear out of the hairpin), default diff settings, default everything.
Strange... but well..
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]   Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Dec 2019 - 22:19

Pascal Mikula wrote:
coming to the north turn he hit me in the back, basically having me then do a John Winter and bury my car in the wall. Although I very much assume he wasn't expecting me to brake sooner than himself, so I don't blame him much.

It looked like you braked quite early there; I was just about to move off-line to try and get past but hit your rear bumper instead Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Victor Alcocer
Club Driver
Victor Alcocer

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2012-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]   Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Dec 2019 - 22:51

Good quali not my best lap so far but not bad,seems that the first flyying is always the fastest on the hairpin..

Race 1 was not good by my part,had to avoid some cars on the chicane and go straight on the ad brick,nearly wreck my car :hihi:

Then i assumed (after )that was most my fault with the Mathias incident,i turn like he was not there and then we go to a contact,then at the end of the race,make a mistake on the chicane and went out,finishing the race without front wing...

Race 2 was wondeful,like always i struggle on the start but stayed on 12 th after the hairpin,lap 2 i make the inside to pass a car and nearly touch a Nissan (in fact that was Pascal who did it :D )

Then i was really pushing,doing few mistakes and pass guys lap after lap , and become 5 th after some mistakes on the front,had a really great battle with David,always close the inside at the hairpin,and taking the most insidest trajectory on the last turn ,seems my Mondea had a great traction and a good Vmax that help me a lot,and i was trying to let Richard rejoin us,to have a battle with David and let me have some breeding,and that works !

Richard was closer lap after lap but finally i finish 5 th ! Best result ever on HSO ! only 15 runners but the greatest one so im very proud :yaa:

Like a victory for us like said a great philosoph :D

Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]   Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Dec 2019 - 23:09

Qualy: I trained very little and always looking for a comfortable fit, especially when braking.
Race1: It was a really cool race, good disputes with Mick and Simon and a 9th place finish without making any big mistakes. My apologies to the driver of the car that I hit the side, I did not see who was and was not intentional.
Race 2: I made a big mistake. I misjudged the fuel consumption, and although I made a very good start to the race, I lost all motivation when I realized that the fuel would not be enough to finish the race at the pace I was running.
Without motivation and saving fuel, I lost concentration a few times that led me to make mistakes. A pity, because I think I would get a better placement.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]   Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Dec 2019 - 23:22

Results and Points are up.

The fight for 3rd in the championship is certainly on with, mathematically, 12 drivers could take 3rd place in the overall championship.

But, happily for me, the championship title is decided, with 80 points to play for, my points lead is unassailable :champ: :first:

Never thought a year ago that I'd be so close earlier in the year and now securing a title, this is an awesome feeling, I'm really, really happy :banane:

Race report to come tomorrow I think unless I am able to sit down before going to bed tonight but either way, thank you to everyone who showed up for this round :drink:
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]   Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Dec 2019 - 23:45

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
Results and Points are up.

The fight for 3rd in the championship is certainly on with, mathematically, 12 drivers could take 3rd place in the overall championship.

But, happily for me, the championship title is decided, with 80 points to play for, my points lead is unassailable :champ: :first:

Never thought a year ago that I'd be so close earlier in the year and now securing a title, this is an awesome feeling, I'm really, really happy :banane:

Race report to come tomorrow I think unless I am able to sit down before going to bed tonight but either way, thank you to everyone who showed up for this round :drink:

Congratulations Jonatan!
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]   Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Dec 2019 - 10:33

Race 1, I managed to avoid all of the trouble and had a clean drive to finish 4th. Very Happy

Race 2, I was hanging to the leaders for the first few laps before falling back a bit and having some battles with Richard and Victor. I'm not sure what happened with Richard, we were running side by side into the chicane and when I back off he went through the chicane at a tight angle and hit the barrier. I managed to hang to Victor but I couldn't find a way past but I had some very close attempts pale .
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]   Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Dec 2019 - 11:25

I apologize for the yesterday race guys, I have a big Christmas order in my company and I will be till 20.12. out. I work about 14+ hours a day now...
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]   Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Dec 2019 - 17:11

Honza Mild wrote:
I apologize for the yesterday race guys, I have a big Christmas order in my company and I will be till 20.12. out. I work about 14+ hours a day now...
That's fine mate, Real Life comes first.

I hope you'll have time to enjoy a bit of time with your family and having a chance to rest yourself the hours you're not working Shocked
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]   Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2019 - 9:44

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
Honza Mild wrote:
That's fine mate, Real Life comes first.

I hope you'll have time to enjoy a bit of time with your family and having a chance to rest yourself the hours you're not working Shocked

After 20.12. i will be at home with family and friends and i will go back to work at 6.1.2020 Smile thx
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]   Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2019 - 14:24

Well, no matter how I look at this event it was not as easy at it may have seemed.

Appologies to begin with, for the bugs that cropped up during the event, we did work on the track but for some reason the issues didn't arise during testing, nor during the week leading up to the event, at least it wasn't braught to our attention if anyone found issues until yesterday, at which point I did what I could to avoid too big of issues to occure.

But, anyway;

Practice:
During the week leading up to the event I was pretty confident that the Nissan would suit the track, simply based on the fact that Nissan scored a win in the Real Life counter part in the hands of the late-great Keith O'Dor.
But later, earlier this week, I saw that Steve was flying in his Bimmer yet again. Therefore I sat down during yesterday and tried to find a bit more pace and I was able to find it along with David Jaques having a few inputs on what could be done while I was trying to help him get settled in and ready for a possible event entry, sadly other things must have gotten in the way.
Consistent low 1,54's I was happy with and the confidence was somewhat back going into the evening.

Qualifying:
Despite missing a few drivers that has kept me honest earlier in the series, I was kept on my toes in qualifying by others, such as David, Dave, Ray Pascal and Ricardo, and I was constantly worried about not being able to secure another pole position in this championship.
But in the end, non of them were able to get down and faster than my 1,54,1xx and I was able to be on pole for the sprint race.

Sprint Race:
23 laps around the AVUS circuit may not seem as a tough prospect but the narrowness of the track in terms of the barriers being right beside the gray stuff, and there not being many overtaking opportunities, means that it was going to be a tough one.

Thought I had a decent enough start but then Pascal came flying from 3rd on the grid like he was shot out of a cannon and soon a lot of drivers were snapping at my heels looking for a way past at the Südkurve and I lost out on the exit as I had a bad one.

A few laps into the race I made a bit of a mistake at the Nordschleife; which consisted of me running wide and onto the grass and nudging the barriers; which meant I was slow on the run to the Südkurve and I lost a couple more positions on the exit as I didn't feel like running into the chicane 2 or even 3 wide. Sorry to Jacob who I think got affected the most by me checking up slightly to not end up running in there side by side with anyone.

Tried to make my way up the field and managed to climb a couple of positions but then Pascal said something that made me worried about there being trouble ahead but made a mistake on my own in the chicane by running in there a little bit hot and ended up in the barriers and had to wait to get back going again.
Yet again it was time to try and climb but not before I reminded myself that all I needed was to manage a decent finish to score and open the gap enough to not be in danger at the final round of the championship.
I can't remember in what position I rejoined the race but I do remember passing one or two Audi's (Mick? and Simon?), I think I passed Bruno but I do remember passing Matthias and I don't think he made it difficult for me to pass him and I was then able to pass Andrew late in the race for the 3rd time during the Sprint Race.
There were sadly not enough laps for me to get up into the top 5 but I was sufficiently happy with 6th seeing where I was about halfway and 15 points added to my points total.

Big congratulations to Ray who, from the sounds of things and from what I saw, drove a stonker of a race as well as David who kept up and harassed his BMW compatriot the whole way and to Dave who got that Opel further up than I think it ever got near to in real life.

Feature Race:
Starting the longer race in 6th with AWD and RWD cars all around me I had my suspecions that I'd be outstarted but managed to get the bite point of the clutch quite well and got away cleanly and then went around the outside of Südkurve and came out the other side I think in 3rd or 4th with Ray, David J and Dave M in the nearest positions.

What then ensued was a big jostle for the top 4 positions in the race with Dave, if I remember correctly, outbraking me and getting a better drive out of Südkurve on the second lap.
Then on Lap 3 Ray and David were 2 wide going towards the Chicane and Ray had a bit of a moment trying to hold onto his lead, went over the cerbs and dropped back as he lost momentum, David lost momentum as well which saw Dave sneak up into the lead on the run down to the Nordschleife.
David had a go on the next lap into the Südkurve and I couldn't make anything of it but saw that I may have a chance in there since David was a bit too quick for me at the northern end of the track and on the next lap David had a run on Dave while I had a small run on David and Dave went to defend the inside. David tried to outbrake him around the outside and I took an even wider line to try an over'n'under move and was able to cut underneath David on the exit and outdrag his Bavarian machine to the Chicane.

Later on that lap I had a run on Dave coming out of the final turn and he again defended the inside and seemingly easily outbroke me down at Südkurve. He then proceded to make the tiniest of errors by mounting the cerbs at the Chicane a bit too much and was slow on the run down to the Nordschleife and he again defended the inside so I went in there looking for the cutback and just about was able to find a Nissan sized gap on the inside of his Opel and off the grass and we then had a drag race down to the opening turn which my Nissan won with a bit more power and a sleaker body in terms of drag. Still had to work for it under brakes but was able to hold on and then I could open up the gap.

In the end I was able to win by about 13 seconds, much thanks to the fact that Dave and David continued to fight and me being able to keep the speed up despite the tires shouting at me to give them a break.
So another 60 points added to my total but because Richard finished I didn't want to take it for granted and had to wait until I had calculated the new points standings but those additional points secured me the title, I was sooo happy when I saw it. :banane: :drink: :first:

Now, when I'm done with the bits of work I have to do I think I'll have a celebratory drink, see you all on Sunday and let's all enjoy the final round of both the CART's and the STW and let's see what the 3rd position fight in the STW will look like, with so many drivers still in with a chance to take 3rd Smile
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]   Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2019 - 16:24

Well done on taking the championship Jonatan. :top: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]   Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2019 - 16:49

Congrats Jonathan Smile :drink: its good to see you doing so well in cars that you love. Don't expect to get a very quick car next year in ISO though :hihi:

Made a massive mistake on my start in the first race, which basically ruined my "weekend". Shame, because i think a podium was within reach with the audi.
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]   Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2019 - 17:54

Well done Jonatan Very Happy

You have a knack for tin tops :top: good job!
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]   Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Dec 2019 - 16:14

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Well.. not enough practice + an unstable car = mess?

Race 1: crashed three times, went to repair three times, didn't have enough fuel.. aaaaaaaand finished 3 laps down.

Race 2: Went somewhat well, considering I started 14th. Then I overtook Jukka in the hairpin (I admit it was sort of a divebomb but as I said, the car is just so unstable especially under braking) and then coming to the north turn he hit me in the back, basically having me then do a John Winter and bury my car in the wall. Although I very much assume he wasn't expecting me to brake sooner than himself, so I don't blame him much.

Also i had some weird thing happen to me, I loaded my setup to get into race 2 and it just..defaulted to the default setup except for the steering and fuel settings. Default gearing (which i noted right away because I just couldn't get my ass out of gear out of the hairpin), default diff settings, default everything.
Strange... but well..

So many free cars, and you choose the one with which you have the most problems?
Thanks for race 2, have to quote Mr. Vettel: "Mein Gott, muss das denn sein?

But even after that without rearwing and damaged suspension my car was not much worse than normal. Don't even know why they put that rearwing on the car, gained not 1kph without it and even with sleepstream (20cm behind Mick) I've been 5kph slower than anyone else.

Congratulations to Jonatan, you dominated that season and made few mistakes, well deserved.

P.S.:
Just thinking what a bad driver I am, not gaining anything with the "same" car in the last season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]   Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 7 - Int. ADAC AVUS-Rennen - AVUS [Dec 4th]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2