Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]

Go down 
+22
Andrew Griffiths
Oyvind Andersen
Mattos Maul
Jukka Närhi
Anders Nilsson
Richard Coxon
Mick Chapman
Honza Mild
Jacob Fredriksson
Victor Alcocer
Dave Miller
Matthias Weber
Steve Parker
Raymond Riddall
Grant Riddall
Cezariusz Czlapinski
David Sabre
Michael Griffiths
Jason White
Bruno Chacon
Juha Bos
Jonatan Acerclinth
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Andrew Griffiths
Rookie
Andrew Griffiths

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2019-09-04

Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Nov 2019 - 15:49

Yes, sorry, I will be there.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Nov 2019 - 18:42

The server is ready for the first race of the evening.

I'll be watching my favourite team try to re-qual into the highest soccer league in Sweden so that's why I decided to set the server a bit earlier tonight, will simply jump to qual if there is Practice time left at the time we should start Q.
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Nov 2019 - 20:19

Screw this, my controls have gone wonky, can't be bothered to try and fix them tonight Rage
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Nov 2019 - 20:20

Sorry guys for the late notice, something has come up that I cannot avoid and im not going to be able to make this one.
Back to top Go down
Simon Wattman
Experienced Driver
Simon Wattman

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Nov 2019 - 20:24

Not able to race today :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Nov 2019 - 21:48

The server is open for race 2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Nov 2019 - 21:54

Mattos where are you for Race 2?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Victor Alcocer
Club Driver
Victor Alcocer

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2012-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Nov 2019 - 23:09

So much sorry Ray,i ve be too greedy on the hairpin, bump on the kerb and make you rolling :doh:

purely my fault pale

Its a shame because that was 2 good race,i didnt do a good lap in quali,5 ten behind my best lap.

Race 1 was good,but Ray and Cezar were pushing like hell behind me and i ve already punishing too much my tires,and triying to catch Ray i ve be too much on the kurb on the final chicane and lost 15 sec,luckily the 10 th was far behind so only lost 1 place.

Race 2,i make my messy braking on Ray....,after that surprisingly some guys in front lost time and i was able to up in 6 th,managing my tires.
I was in a fight with Juha and Cezar,and Juha pass me after a little mistake i made,he pass Cezar fastely then, who was struggling a lot,then i pass him in the first corner,good feeling  :conduit:
Making a little mistake and he was once more just behind me,with Andrew and Dave not far,but in the end with a good managing of the tires,that was enough and i finish 7 th,my best result here on HSO .
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Nov 2019 - 23:37

Results and Points are up.

Will write a short summary of my two races tomorrow, start work early :aie:
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Nov 2019 - 23:37

Sorry Steve, things got a bit hectic there at the final lap Embarassed

Still, great racing. :top: that BMW was a demon down the straights!
Back to top Go down
Michael Griffiths
Club Driver
Michael Griffiths

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2018-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Nov 2019 - 23:57

Qualified 3rd and finished 3rd. My first podium! (So what that half the field was missing! And it's a FWD circuit (apparently, Al). :D) Was getting worried that Dave was catching me at the end. Suddenly the corners seemed different and the chicane was scary. Glad the flag came when it did.

R2: Bit of a bad start, 6th (?) into T1. Chased Matthias, with Juha closing (that must have been some start?!) Matthias did a 2 wheel spectacular at the chicane, I went up the inside.....and so did Juha. Crump! Sorry about that Juha, if you feel aggrieved - I haven't had a look at replay, but very sorry if I caused you to go off.

After that Matthias kept closing up a bit, but I think he made a mistake somewhere and I could relax a little, though he was always closing up a bit and again, at the end the corners just seemed that little bit sharper, and the chicane a little more frightening. :D

My best HSO event. Thanks all! Congrats winners!
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Nov 2019 - 23:58

Making race 1 was never really on, but glad I could make it to the feature.

Not a lot of practice, but I know every single cranny of the 4x4 Mondeo by now, on a track that I've done many warm-up laps (before heading onto the Nordschleife) on before. I got more comfortable with every lap, as expected.

I especially like corners, or sections, that are like falling down a flight of stairs: if you control that fall and land on your feet, it's not really a fall. The Esses and the Dipper at Bathurst is the best example of that; the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca another. What's very much underrated is the Valvoline-Kurve and Ford-Kurve here (the 2nd esses). A lot of fun! I felt like I gained half second on everyone every time through there, great piece of racing track that.
Back to top Go down
Michael Griffiths
Club Driver
Michael Griffiths

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2018-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Nov 2019 - 0:07

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
The Esses and the Dipper at Bathurst is the best example of that; the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca another.

Funny, those are parts I really don't like.  I much prefer going uphill, if anything (it's easier for one thing).  And you don't need big balls to go uphill, as they say.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Nov 2019 - 8:44

Michael Griffiths wrote:
R2: Bit of a bad start, 6th (?) into T1.   Chased Matthias,  with Juha closing (that must have been some start?!)   Matthias did a 2 wheel spectacular at the chicane, I went up the inside.....and so did Juha.  Crump!  Sorry about that Juha, if you feel aggrieved - I haven't had a look at replay, but very sorry if I caused you to go off.  
From 15th to 7th in 2 turns, one of my best offerts of the year I think, although Jonatan's start was just as good.

My car was slightly unbalanced from taking the kerb, and then yours appeared in my path and it just tipped over. Too bad, still had some fun after that.

My first race was a disaster, wiping out Jonatan when our different lines at the Ford turn led me to smashing into his side. I waited for him, climbed back into the top 10 only to retire after hitting the pit wall, due to turning in too early for the final turn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Nov 2019 - 17:13

Well, I'm a bit dissapointed in the lack of drivers for this event but I know it happens from time to time.

For myself it ended up being a decent round, especially seeing as Anders weren't able to race so I could, yet again, extend my championship lead by a few points.

Practice:
Spent quite a few laps around here, trying to get the car down seeing as I were unable to get the car to work well enough at Hockenheim.
Were able to get into the low 49's to begin with and then were able to fine-tune the setup to allow me to run high 48's if I nailed my lines.

Qualifying:
Spent most of Qualifying watching the final bits of my teams game, they were able to win 0-2 in their away game, so spirits were high heading into Qualifying.
Took a couple of laps to get a lap together but finally managed to nail my lines and were awarded with another pole position, some really good pace from everyone made me a bit worried though.

Sprint Race:
Had a so-so start, dropped down to 3rd behind Steve and Richard.
Placed myself behind Richard waiting for an opportunity and it came going up the hill to the Veedol-Schikane and were able to outbrake him but because I made contact with his car under braking I felt I were in the wrong and tried to let him by, ended up allowing Michael and Juha through as well.

Made a late but good outbraking manouver on hm down at the Castrol-S but then he wanted to try and retake the position. i
Juha tried up the inside at the Valvoline Kurve but I didn't think he would be up beside me so turned in on him. On the short shute to Ford-K our different lines, styles and techniques came into it and Juha, without looking for it, got up the inside while I turned in thinking he wouldn't be there with contact as a result.
It sadly flung my car onto its roof and I skidded off into the barrier on the outside.
Sadly for me, I picked up a puncture and asked Juha to go since I wouldn't be able to make use of his waiting anyway, but thanks for waiting mate!

Pitted and ran at a red-hot pace with a damaged front and rear from the contact with the barrier but I were still able to slap in a low 49 which seem to have been the fastest lap of the race.
Sadly I couldn't make up any extra positions and I finished 13th.

Feature Race:
Knowing that I had AWD and RWD cars all around me for the start, I would have to make a stonker of a start to be able to make anything happen.

Thankfully for me, I found the bite-point of the clutch very well and had near enough no wheel spin and just blasted out of the blocks, even beating the usually quick starting Juha.
With an outbraking manouver into the Castrol-S and a mistake from one of the drivers in front I were able to make my way up into 6th, barely ahead of Juha who I were now ready for when we got to the Ford-K.

A couple of laps into the race I were able to get past Matthias at Veedol through an outbraking manouver.

Another few laps later I were past both Michael (can't remember exactly how it happened) and Dave (outbraking at Veedol).

When that happened I was fairly sure I'd be able to catch up to Richard and Steve but it would be a difficult proposition.

With around 7 laps left I had caught up with them but I couldn't find a way past, had a couple of stabs but decided to just take it a bit easy with 5 laps to go to cool the tires (had found in practice that more than tire-wear, tire temperature was the killer around this place) and then came flying in the last few laps and put the pressure on.

In the end I had a bit of fortune when Steve and Richard had a bit of a coming together at a couple of times on the last lap and then it looked like Richard outbroke himself at the hairpin and tried to shortcut to avoid Steve but unfortunately that didn't happen and both of them ended up sideways out wide and I could sneak past to take a, for me, unexpected win looking at it before the start.
Back to top Go down
Mattos Maul
Rookie
Mattos Maul

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2019-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Nov 2019 - 19:41

had a bad night last night....first race Mr Shunts? lol

sorry for not making second race, had bad weather here, my internet crashed five mins before second race, and didn't come back on until half way through race which was annoying so no points for me this race.

had a good start in race one but again fell pray to someone else ruining my race by barging me off lol next time ill nudge back Wink
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Nov 2019 - 21:18

Car felt really good, thx for the setup hints Jonatan!

Sadly I've been slower than expected and my tire advantage wasn't that big at the end of each race.
Just had some short fights after start of the races, after that just driving solely to end and could not put any pressure to the guys in front of me.

Really sad to see Dave flip over in R2 on a podium spot.... Maybe next time, mate!

See you in the next race, next two events will be really annoying for me, but hey, perhaps I can find someone to fight against.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Nov 2019 - 22:05

1st race was good,had great start and took the lead and stayed there for the rest of race.
2nd race had good start again and led first 21 laps then Richard got it wrong and took me out with him,and gifted the race to Jonatan, other than that it would have been a double race win.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Nov 2019 - 12:31

Hi all,

the track comes with 4 layouts, two long and two short layouts.

The DTM88 layout works perfectly.

The three others however fail to load. I get the same Gmotor2 error for all three: ""STARS02 for SKY material failed to load."

I guess it may just be a file that I have to copy over from the DTM88 layout-subfolder to the other subfolders, but I frankly do not have a clue. Any ideas?

Timo
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Nov 2019 - 9:52

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Hi all,

The three others however fail to load. I get the same Gmotor2 error for all three: ""STARS02 for SKY material failed to load."

I guess it may just be a file that I have to copy over from the DTM88 layout-subfolder to the other subfolders, but I frankly do not have a clue. Any ideas?

Timo

Thanks for the abundant feed-back guys... Truly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Nov 2019 - 13:33

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Hi all,

Timo

Thanks for the abundant feed-back guys... Truly appreciated.
My sincere apologies Timo, I saw your reply while at work and didn't have time to respond then and it later slipped my mind because of what happened during the day.

Will put it forward to the modders, my knowledge is very lackluster.
The reason they probably haven't seen your post is because they are busy working on the last few tracks for this season.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Nov 2019 - 15:21

Timo we missed your question because this is an older race and we are busy with other stuff, next time please use a PM to call our attention. If we do not reply, even if like Jonatan to say we do not know, it's because we have missed the post. 

As for the main question: I have checked the SCN file of all versions and they all use the same MAS files (Those contain the 3D and textures), so I don't know why that STARS02 (A texture likely) is missing.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Nov 2019 - 15:26

The scn files for the other versions need updating to use the AMS sky that was added for the touring car race. I think scratch that everything else should be ok. I'll look into it. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Nov 2019 - 20:18

No worries guys. I overreacted in the previous post. My bad really.

David, don't waste time on it. Now that I know the scn. files are the place to look, I'll see what I can do. Comparing and copying over from the DTM88-layout to the others should get me on the way.

Will keep you updated.

Timo
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Nov 2019 - 22:04

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
No worries guys. I overreacted in the previous post. My bad really.

David, don't waste time on it. Now that I know the scn. files are the place to look, I'll see what I can do. Comparing and copying over from the DTM88-layout to the others should get me on the way.

Will keep you updated.

Timo
Don't waste your time doing that as I've also found out that we removed the fast chicane from the gmt therefore I'm adding it back in for the fast version of the track.
Also the track and grass surface textures were changed to look better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]    Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]   - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 5 - Eifelrennen - Nürburgring [Nov 6th]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next