Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]

Go down 
+22
Brian Janik
Dave Miller
Jan Kowalski
Jason White
David Jaques
Jason Fitch
Petr Hlavac
Richard Wilks
Adam Hackman
Thiago Canola
Raul Jereb
Grant Riddall
GĂ©rard Ryon
Lewis Stephens
Raymond Riddall
Jason Whited
David Sabre
Bruno Chacon
Jonatan Acerclinth
Karel Marciniszyn
Pascal Mikula
Juha Bos
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]    Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jul 2019 - 23:04

Excellent debut for me with the Cosworth engine, even being hit 2 times behind which cost me 200 seconds standing in the pits once I lost the rear wing on the first yellow flag. This cost me 1 lap behind the leaders and maybe a top-10 finish.
I made no mistakes and I did a fairly regular race and always avoided the accidents.
Congratulations Canola, Jaques and Jundt for the top 3.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]    Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jul 2019 - 23:12

My sincere apologies to Juha and Mick..
to be honest, I dont know what happend..
I was following Juha quite close, and at one moment I was sure you were going to keep the inner line, maybe I braked just a blink later, or you maybe a bit earlyer, and somehow you were in front of me..
It was painfull to watch.. And Mick was really just a collateral..
Im very sorry.. I didnt mean to crash you both!!
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]    Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2019 - 8:49

Why would I move to the inside line in the narrowest turn where it's just about impossible to overtake? When did you expect me to brake? All you had to do was stay behind and use the slipstream on the back straight.

I can't say this is the greatest of championships for me so far. 4th place at Long Beach was fine but except that disco at Indy I either crashed or got crashed into in every race.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]    Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2019 - 11:59

Juha Bos wrote:
I can't say this is the greatest of championships for me so far.

You and me both!

Had some great battles with Thiago, I upped my wings for the race which in hindsight seemed to of been a mistake. My times were slower than if I left them lower but for stability I increased. I gave it absolutely everything last night but I couldn’t do much against Thiago. A lap down and coming back to win. Man that incredible cheers gutted I lost it with 2 laps to go. My rears were shredded and a mistake i should have avoided. But live and learn!

Great racing. Only aspect I was a bit curious off was seeing people go around with 3 wheels. I mean do people seriously think driving with 3 wheels on a street circuit is a good idea? Suspect

Thank you for the broadcast Jonatan
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]    Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2019 - 13:48

First off, apologies to Richard Wilks. I wasn't quite sure during the intense moments of the race, but after watching the replay I realized in that last 10 lap or so shoot out at the end, I squeezed way too hard at the hairpin in one particular instance. I was defending with all I had (with a car that had some suspension damage) but I did not intend to dive in and squeeze you into the barrier like I did. Had I realized it fully in that moment, I'd have moved over in the following corners.

As for the race... Shocked
That was intense. And, besides a few small things, mostly clean from my seat. Hard racing, everything moves so fast...hard not to make the odd mistake here and there.

Personally, I had a blast.
Sitting in a super cool room with a big A/C unit, yet I was sweating like I was out in the hot sun working manual labor. cheers

Restarting in P2 (knowing my car should not be there) near the end...that was absolutely terrifying [and I loved every damn minute of it Laughing ]

Great battle up front. Outstanding effort from Thiago, congrats!
Broadcast was great, per usual. :hello:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]    Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2019 - 17:57

Well, my comeback race (after F3) was rather eventful too.
First off, I'd like to apologize to everyone and anyone I may have caused any trouble too, especially as far as lag and blinking is concerned. I noticed many times that cars around me were glitching and sliding but it turned out to be only me, so I may have caused more brown moments than I'd like to admit.

Now, I was fast. I was doing well. I was up into 4th or so when I slid and hit the wall. So that put me a lap down.
Then I pitted under yellow when I was almost out of fuel, thinking I was still on the lead lap. Boom, drive-through.
I went to serve that drive-through, not knowing that serving a drive-through doesn't count when the green is just about to come out! So..a second drive-through it is.

In the end, finished 9th. I wanted to catch up to Raul, as I had the pace to do so. He was so far ahead, he was behind me, but I was still up to about 40 seconds behind him when the last couple yellows dropped, so I never could get him. Sad, but 9th place is better than no place.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]    Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jul 2019 - 19:54

Richard Coxon wrote:
Results will be up tomorrow guys.

Results are now up :flag:

See you all after the summer :drink:
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]    Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]   - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jul 2019 - 14:28

Very scared of this one.

I had tested different setups trying to think about racing strategy and a low wing setup seemed to be the best in this case. I ended up using high downforce setup in the qualify and low wing for the race.

There wasn't many mid speed and high speed turns where I would need more downforce so I decided to rely in mechanical grip only to do the job. The good thing was being able to reach 300km/h in the straight what made very easy to not get stuck behind some drivers who could not have the same pace.

In the start of the race, I was daydreaming and forgot to tune the boost up, that's why I had such a bad start. I had not tested the car in traffic and I was curious how it would perform in the field. After the 1st pitstop Jaques had a moment chasing Raul so I had to slow down and Miller tapped the rear of my car damaging the suspension. The car was oversteering a lot and the steering wasn't straight anymore. I decided to stay and wait for another yellow to come so I could fix it. The yellow came but only fixing the body didn't fix the handling problem completely. I drove a completed of more laps and another yellow came so I decided to "repair all" instead and it took 170 seconds putting me a lap behind the leaders.

In my mind the race was set, top 10 maybe would be realistic at that moment. But fixing completely the damage brought the performance back and I could be very very fast and I saw a possibility to unlap myself. I got it just a few seconds before another yellow. Now I was hoping for a podium again, I knew the car could do it. In the restart Jaques missed the braking point meanwhile I was overtaking Grant at the hairpin.

I know Grant, he would never let it go. He had a lot of pace in some areas of the track where my car was struggling and I had to chose a defensive line sometimes. It was an incredible battle even more intense if you have to tip toe with a low downforce car in tight corners and heavy braking zones.

It was incredible, I couldn't be happier with the performance of Dick Simon's team who worked a lot in this setup and gave me multiple choices.

Congratulations to Jaques and Jundt for the podium!!

Thanks Jonathan for the amazing broadcast!!!

Have a nice break guys!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]    Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]   - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 8 - Molson Indy Toronto [July 21st]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3