Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th]

Go down 
+18
Petr Hlavac
Brian Janik
Oyvind Andersen
Grant Riddall
Mick Chapman
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Bruno Chacon
Richard Coxon
Matthias Weber
Michael Griffiths
Honza Mild
Raymond Riddall
Thiago Canola
Peter Blom
Dave Miller
Jason White
Juha Bos
Jonatan Acerclinth
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th]   Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2019 - 19:45

Sorry guys. I'm out for tonight I have an issue with my brake pedal.

Good luck and have fun
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th]   Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2019 - 21:00

Traffic and something unexpected after that prevented me from being in the race, sorry for not warning on time Neutral
Back to top Go down
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Club Driver
Cezariusz Czlapinski

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2017-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th]   Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2019 - 21:42

My worst race so far- at the R1 I hit Petr Hlavac Volvo's when braking on the dirty side to Druids. Very, very sorry mate- all I wanted was to keep the inside line to prevent any dive bomb attack. As I wrote on the AMS chat- that wasn't any attack to gain position pale

On the R2 I managed to start well and get as high as 6th only to lost it all when car became sideways at T1. I could swear that took this corner like hundred times before, the only difference was that Nissan felt like to dance this time:)
After some hammering and welding in the pit stop I've rejoined the race, but couldn't find the pace. When thankfully Thiago avoided my bent car when lapping me for the second time I made a decision to retire from the race as my driving was far from safe.
I feel like Andy Rouse would kick me out after a season like that :doh:

It was great pleasure to race at HSO for the BTCC 1996 season. Thanks to all competitors  :hello: , hope for more in the upcoming races and seasons Wink

And if my calculation is correct, congratulations for the Peter Blom for winning the championship :top: :clap: :champ:
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th]   Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2019 - 21:58

Massive mistake on Race 2, i'm very sorry Oyvind!  Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 3108518133

The most frustrating thing on that error, it was the same mistake as in the very first race against Steve Parker.
:doh:

Speed was very good on this track. Completely messed up the start of race 2 so a better result wasn't possible.

Great racing guys, but the collision physics are not good. Some minimal touching and cars almost flipping over.
As we had the same thing on rf1 i don't think it is an Automobilista problem.

Congratulations to the winners. All in all a great championship.

Still don't know if i'm driving any longer. Have some strange audio bugs in AMS which i couldn't fix and graphics look worse than rf1 in my opinion.
So let's see what comes next, good night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th]   Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2019 - 21:58

Race number 100 for me.
Very sad to get the DNF for loss of connection in the second race.
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th]   Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2019 - 22:03

This cars made me sweat my mustache.
A lot of fun, Jonathan domination! Dude, the overtake you did over Peter was a masterpiece!!!Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 3108518133
I got the best seat to watch that.

Congratulations Peter and Peter for the championship!!

Thanks HSO for the fun again!!

Last edited by Thiago Canola on Thu 11 Jul 2019 - 16:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver
Oyvind Andersen

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th]   Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2019 - 22:24

Dave Miller has set new point record Smile
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th]   Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2019 - 22:25

Sorry Dave Miller, tried to be a good teammate, but no match for Juha in race 2
Not sure how he won the independents championship since it says you scored 273 points today! :regl:  :champ: lol!
Oyvind Andersen wrote:
Dave Miller has set new point record Smile
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th]   Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2019 - 22:33

Thiago Canola wrote:
A lot of fun, Jonathan domination! Dude, the overtake you did over Peter was a masterpiece!!!Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 3108518133
I got the best seat to watch that.

Left quite some room there I knew you guys were so much faster around here so no use to fight with knives  :hello:

Thx all for the congratulations! Never expected to win this championship when I arrived late for the subscription seeing all the fast cars already being taken.
I then had a look to what's left and I fell in love with the nice colours of the red Pegeot so I took that one never expecting winning races in it.

1st race weekend I was nowhere but thanks to Honza I received a decent setup which I used all season long while only changeing gears and brakes.
I had a very good results mid season which gave me a giant lead in the championship.
There were only 2 tracks where I could dominate in my Peugeot: Silverstone and Snetterton. I like tracks with wide smooth surfaces and fast corners and happily it suited the Peugeot as well. On the shorter narrower tracks I was mostly outclassed by others and had a hard time.

I enjoyed racing many good drivers in this championship, most battles I did with Jonatan, Grant, David Jaques, David Jundt, Richard Wilks , Petr, Thiago and Jan.

I believe Jonatan was unlucky in quite some races, especially in the middle of the season, he came back strong in the last races, I could not really compete with him there in my Peugeot.

This race weekend:

1st race: Had a good start and to my surprise I could take the lead with a little nudging and kissing :rigol:  After some laps I knew Thiago and Jona were much faster and it was not a good idea fighting them too hard so I fell back to 3rd eventually which was enough to clinch the

1996 BTCC Championship :first:

2nd race: Again 3rd on the grid, really wanted to take pole but Jona was 0,1 secs faster. Had a good start but this time I was in 3rd all race long with no real pressure from behind.

Gratz Jonathan for another dominant weekend. Shame Tom Walkinshaw could not win the Constructor's :antoine:

I want to dedicate my championship to Niki Lauda (RIP Legend) and Honza Mild (for the setup :hihi: )

Thx admins for your good efforts and gratz to Juha for winning the Independents Total Cup :drink:

Last edited by Peter Blom on Thu 11 Jul 2019 - 10:04; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th]   Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2019 - 22:33

Dave's points have been corrected. :D

All results, points and replays are on the website.

Thanks for joining us in this championship, and see you in the not too distant future for more Wednesday touring car racing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Dave Miller
Experienced Driver
Dave Miller

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th]   Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2019 - 22:39

Thanks for you help tonight Brian, that last race basically came down to whoever came first out of me and Juha, so nothing more you could have done.

Thanks and Congratulations to Juha for a great fight all season, It's been an absolute joy to be a part of it.

Thanks to everyone who made it possible :drink:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th]   Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul 2019 - 7:07

Thanks for the season-long fight Dave. It was a pleasure and you were a worthy opponent. :top:

I went into the last round with a 4 points lead, so I still had to beat Dave at least once. It started off badly when I let the car roll downhill on the grid and got a Drive Through. I was never able to catch the guys in front so my 4 point lead turned into a 3 point deficit.

The target for race 2 was clear: I had to finish ahead of Dave. On equal points the tiebreaker would give me the championship with 13 wins against 9 for Dave. This time I took more care on the grid and Dave led into Paddock. Our fight was cut short at Graham Hill bend when Matias collided with one of the Vauxhalls, which sent both of us off track. I recovered faster than Dave, took a 14th win in 22 races and more importantly, the Independents Cup.

I'm looking forward to another Supertouring series, but I'll try to go for overall honours this time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th]   Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul 2019 - 7:54

About Race - i had wrist injury from gym, fixed and bandaged, but every right corner hurts me. And BH is still to the right lol! Pain grew up every lap and at the second race it was "fight for survival"  Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 1623587389
But 8. and 9. place was good for me and with this condition best as I could.

Summary of this season BTCC.

At first - thank you HSO for your great organisation, thank you for this absolutely great mod, it was amazing fun!

Second - Thank you all opponents for great and hard fights, though occasionally unnecessarily hard, but it is BTCC racing. Sorry if my racing was too tought.

Third - congratulation Peter Blom, Jonatan Acerclinth and Richard Wilks for championship podium, Juha Bos, Dave Miller and Bruno Chacon for independent championship podium! :champ: :top:

Fourth - my participation was simillar as Petr said, when i saw that only Peugeot is free I was panicked :D but every race i started in this car i like him more and more. So sometimes races was good, sometimes not and sometimes other drivers caused bad race for me. But every race was fun for me! 8. place in overall is great for me. Of course one race i missed and lost points, but who knows what would be the result of this one. Thank you Peter for you kind words, and it was my honor to be your teammate. I am happy that my setup was good enough for you. I did my best to bring some points to constructeurs championship. Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 3108518133

I am looking forward to another BTCC series! Wink

Last edited by Honza Mild on Thu 11 Jul 2019 - 8:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th]   Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul 2019 - 8:23

Congratulations Peter :first: you understand/suit tourers quite well

Well done too to Jonatan :top: not just for second place but also for the organisation!

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th]   Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul 2019 - 22:46

Well, I got to say to begin with, congratulations Peter, the best overall driver won this season :clap:

Secondly, I am very happy that I could put together some pretty good events towards the end of the championship when I needed to, especially this one where it looks like I completely swept it with 2 Poles, 2 Race Wins and Fastest Lap in both races and, apart from this event, 1st, 3rd, 1st and 2nd in the previous four races... :banane:

Practice:

Honestly didn't practice that much for this event since I knew, from the previous event at the Indy layout, the Volvo had an inherent advantage in the opening sector of the lap.

It turned out to be so still (I think...) but I did a few small tweaks to the car with the experience from earlier in the season and managed to improve my PB by a little bit ahead of the event.

Qualifying 1:

Q1 was pretty tense since I was still in with a shot at the title. Drove the wheels off the car and set a very good lap for it to be eclipsed by both Peter and Thiago.

Went back out later in the session and managed a near perfect lap (only Graham Hill Bend could have been a little bit better) resulting in Pole.

Race 1:

The race got underway and I managed to bog down similarly to an abduptly woken Newfoundland Dog, and was able to hold on through Paddock Hill but then got croweded out at Druids being sandwiched between Thiago on my outside and Peter on my inside so dropped to 3rd.

Spent a few laps behind Thiago and Peter and I quickly felt I was quicker than both of them but I weren't able to find a way past until Thiago made a small error at Clarke Curve (T Last) and I was able to pull past down the front stretch.

Spent another few laps behind Peter looking for a way past and found out after a couple of laps that I was a lot quicker from Clarke to Druids and especially braking for Druids.

Finally got the run I wanted out of Clarke and had a good run through Paddock despite having to go on the brakes for a second time to get the car turned in like I wanted and went for it up the inside. Thought I had ran in a little bit hot but was able to pull it up and with Peter leaving a little bit of extra room, no contact was made as we then ran side by side down the hill to Graham Hill where I went around the outside and had the advantage going into Surtees where Peter backed out and allowed Thiago up the inside where he then outbroke himself slightly, just like me, and we made tiny contact with Thiago being slowed down and Peter went up the inside and past Thiago but I were able to check out.

Built my lead from then on but couldn't pull out as big a gap as I would have liked to Thiago, he kept me honest the whole way, but I was able to build enough of a gap to be able to keep it calm going past traffic (thanks for making it easy guys) and take the win in the first race.

Sadly for me Peter was able to stay on the road well inside what he needed position wise and secured the title.

Here is a video of that pass for the lead:

Qualifying 2:

The second Qualifying was far harder work than the first one. I were struggling to find my grove and both Thiago and Peter had found their grove during Race 1. Thankfully I were able to finally get a lap together and set a new PB for myself I believe which secured the second pole of the event.

Race 2:

The second race got underway and this time I managed to avoid bogging down and was able to hold on to the lead through Paddock and Druids and from there on it was just a question of driving at my pace.

During the whole race I think I only droppoed below 1,5 tenths off my own best lap on 5-8 occasions, all of them when getting past traffic, again thank you to everyone for making it easy to get past.

A lights to flag victory in Race 2 but sadly not enough to clinch the drivers title but it was enough to secure TWR Volvo Racing the Teams championship together with Petr which was a great way to cap off the championship for myself personally :champ:

I'm really frustrated that my Game Crash at R1 at the Brands Hatch GP was where the championship was more or less lost. Had I won that race it would have been a completely different thing going into these last few rounds but oh well, I'll happily take second in the championship, first time during my time here at HSO that I've had a proper chance at a championship :second:

An overall championship rewind from an organisation to come during the weekend, time to head for bed.

But THANK YOU to everyone who took part in the championship and making it a great experience from my point of view :drink:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th]   Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 13 - Brands Hatch Indy [July 10th]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2