Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]

Go down 
+26
Grant Riddall
Michael Griffiths
Jonatan Acerclinth
François Remmen
Jason White
Alberto Iquino
Filippo Marazzi
Brian Janik
Pascal Mikula
Arturo Pereira
Mick Chapman
David Jaques
Jason Fitch
David Sabre
Sam Smith
Lukáš Vydra
Juha Bos
Alberto Ibañez
Thiago Canola
Raul Jereb
Richard Wilks
Jason Whited
Austin Johnson
David Jundt
Bruno Chacon
Richard Coxon
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jun 2019 - 19:42

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Raul spun me in the last turn

Alberto, I want to appologise for that contact.. You slowed down dramaticly before that turn, and I think one of the Ridalls was right behind you, I just avoided the contact with him and I though you will remain that slow and let us pass... I trully though you had some problems with the car and you were making space to pass you..

Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jun 2019 - 19:51

and now taking over from sabre, count down as normal, as soon as it says "go go go" the game crashed "automobilista has stopped working". so me and my pc have taken out 2 cars while leading. guess its time i took a break.

so sorry sabre and miller, you both drove amazing stints, deserved a great result.

sorry jundt for not even getting a chance to drive the c100

dave.... OUT!
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jun 2019 - 19:57

So depressing to DNF due to a driver change. Sad
I can't think of anything that we did wrong. Its strange that you got the same as what happened to me in our warm up.

Its not your fault David J, sometimes this happens.

It was a great lead from Dave Miller :top: I was just cruising.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jun 2019 - 20:04

You guys must've had a great set, I couldn't follow you at all Shocked

Felt a bit left out of the Daves Razz

Too bad about the retirements, but that's how it goes sometimes.

The only thing I wonder is how it happened to David, overheating PC or some other issue?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jun 2019 - 21:16

Sorry David, Adam. Braking too late. Broken left front wheel. Driving at night is not easy. :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jun 2019 - 21:46

David Jaques wrote:
guess its time i took a break.

I hope you find the solution. The only bright side is it’s not your driving ability but a technical shit storm of some kind. You’d leave a huge gap here if you did take a break so I really do hope there’s a solution on its way Neutral
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jun 2019 - 22:03

David Jaques wrote:
race was going fantastic, just 5 laps from the end of my triple stint and stutters started in turn 1, by the time i got the esses it was 1 frame every 5-10 seconds.  same crap that was happening the end of last season.  i have record replays off, what else could be "building up" that it only seems to happen after a long session with many cars???

I wish I could offer help, but dont know.

But AMS guessing game starts with
- Too many visual effects? such as smoke, dust in air OR perhaps the change of daylight to night? All those Headlights being turned on at a similar time with so many cars?
- Track buildup using memory? (could be similar to recording replay??)
- Data acquisition?

Sorry man
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jun 2019 - 22:31

Endurance racing, virgin here!
That was a really cool experience. Having actual teammate, responsibility, communication, concentration, night time, headlamps, headsets, teamspeak etc.

Jonatan had great pace in his opening triple stint
I felt not so fast or consistent in my finishing triple stint.
We both had a damage inducing error along the way which we'd love to have back, BUT Very happy to finish and bring the Not so Nimblerod home in 7th.

Apologies if I was difficult to lap a few times today. Car was quite quick down the straight which would remove the blue flag and then be a handful in corners. If I misjudge the distance to chasing car and leave room entering corner it didnt help, or turn in normal it was committed to stay on line and block. Embarassed

Congrats to podium and all finishers
Great event HSO
Really cool mod.
Fantastic, immersive, physics!!
:clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
Michael Griffiths
Club Driver
Michael Griffiths

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2018-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jun 2019 - 23:07

Folks can watch replay as broadcast (for first few hours) here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/436656325##

I did the warmup too, so actual race starts at about 49 mins.

Interesting to do cams for broadcast instead of racing. Thanks for racing guys, was fun. :D Well done everyone!
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 4:02

What a fantastic race! :clap:  I am whooped, arms are jello, took an ice bath still sore.... tomorrow's work is going to suck  :urgence: :aie:

I want to thank my Teammate Thiago Canola! He's one hell of a great guy and knows his stuff. I wouldn't have been in any position to score points or have had the outcome I wanted if it wasn't for him. This was my first endurance race I have yet to run ever, by him coping with my crazy american sideways driving style and coaching me along the way.....All I was thinking about is was what he said in just being "patient" and that's the only way I was able to make it to the end of the race was because of this Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 3108518133 :chinois: :third:
Hope to see this friendship continue into 2020  :antoine:  Cool

I want to thank the Organisation for putting on yet another great race.

These cars are amazing and I love driving them. 12 out of 10 MOD :banane: :clap: :drink:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 7:11

This was really something else. Big thanks to Raul who worked out a great drivetrain setup that saved us tons of fuel. He also managed to extend his stint 6 laps so I could go for broke in the second half of the race. Unfortunately, an unscheduled pit stop and a couple of spins by me meant we couldn't challenge for the podium. In any case, this was a fantastic challenge and it was a joy working with Raul!

'til next time. :hello:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 8:20

I can only echo what Brian has said, was a pleassure racing alongside you for this event mate and I hope we'll be able to team up again if the opportunity arises.

In terms of the event, it went nearly flawless, only a couple of spins put a bad taste in my mouth.

Early on in the race Raul was holding us all up but I felt that I was the quickest out of the Group that was sitting behind him but some aggressive driving from a couple of others saw me try to take it easy until I had a run on Jan who closed the inside lane a bit too late for me and, as Jason mentioned, he had a front row seat as I scraped along the pit-wall. Luckily no major damage done to the car (although it said that the car had a little bit of damage in the in-game information.

Dropped back behind Jason in the Rondeu and that was a horrid rear end to look at, that's for sure. Good thing I had the V8 Aston Martin Engine behind me to keep me Company and help me concentrate on other things than the horrid looks of that Rondeu, it sure is one ugly thing...

After a few laps I had a run and I knew that Jason proabably wouldn't put up too big of a fight and I was able to sail past going into Turn1.

Later on in the 1st stint I was catching Jan (I'd assume your tires bit the dust?) and by the time I made my pitstop a few laps after Jan, I had attained 12 or so seconds to Lukas who had jumped into the car.

Spent most of the 2nd stint trying to pull out the gap to Lukas and I was doing a decent job at it. Had 28 seconds when the stint was over and I headed into the pits but sadly I came in a bit too hot and picked up a drive through.
So went from a 40 second gap to Jan to about 8 seconds.

He soon ate that up...
Tried to drive my own race but in the end the slight fatigue was felt as I missed the apex of the last turn, ended up in the gray, tried to feed in just a bit of power to stay clear of Jan but the rear end slowly got away from me. Made the split second decision to let the car go to the inside instead of locking up (the would've ended up there eventually anyway) but unfortunately Jan must have been looking further up the road or not quite being able to read the body-language of the Nimblerod ahead so unfortunately we made contact.

I'm really sorry to have messed up both our races with that one Sad

Spent a few laps without my frontend trying to figure out which was the best of two evils and in the end we decided to pit early and repair the damage at the same time as we swapped over so Brian would take the car from there on.

Brian did a brilliant job. Apart from a slight hichup (that word is spelled in so many ways I'm bound to get it wrong.... xD ) coming out of the first corner picking up a little bit of damage, there were no trouble to be had.
Sadly my driving early on meant that Brian had to cope with slightly faded brakes and running cold (as he told me, he thought the race started the normal time so 10 laps before the end of my second stint he joined up hehe).

Overall very happy but we should have been up with Jason in the Lancia fighting for the last points without our two repair stops so a little bit dissapointed but I really enjoyed driving the Nimrod (it may not have the speed of the GE cars but it's the only car of those available here that I comfortable ran right on the edge, on a slide, within the fuel limit, without any hessitation and barely any issues) and, to be fair, that Aston Martin song will put a silver lining on any and all issues :papy: :banane:

So a big thank you again Brian for teaming up with me and for being ok with running the Nimrod, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did :drink:
Thank you to HSO for organising this one, I can't say I enjoy the Johannesburg Circuit but it was really good run running an endurance race once again, was a while since I last ran an endurance race and actually felt at home with the car and relatively competitive :aie: :D

Now to make final preparations for Oulton Park Fosters, hopefully I'll have a good time there as well, despite my fueltanker of a car for that track What a Face
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 8:44

Raul Jereb wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Raul spun me in the last turn

Alberto, I want to appologise for that contact.. You slowed down dramaticly before that turn, and I think one of the Ridalls was right behind you, I just avoided the contact with him and I though you will remain that slow and let us pass... I trully though you had some problems with the car and you were  making space to pass you..

Yes I was letting people pass as I had just exited pits and was on very cold hard tires and with a weird setup (For some stupid reason game did not load mine), and it was quite hectic at that small area. I had made some room but then you did not pass, then I go inisde and you dive then, bad timing on both of us Laughing

No harm done, I just was reflecting that bad luck was bound to strike with such bad omens. I'm sorry mostly for little Al, he had some pace and was enjoying the ride, but next one he will need another team mate unless we pick a group 5 car pale .
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 9:04

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

(For some stupid reason game did not load mine)
The game carries over the setup from the car. So you wouldn't be able to have 2 different setups.

Thanks to everyone who showed up to make it a great race, thanks for the battles. Hopefully we can do it again soon :top:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 9:05

Humm in rfactor I certainly could load my own setup. :hum:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 9:09

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Humm in rfactor I certainly could load my own setup. :hum:
You certainly couldn't. A car has the same setup with which it starts until the chequered flag.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 9:15

But I remember pretty well I could have my own steering wheel lock despite sharing car with someone else :hum:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 9:40

I was really looking forward to this race. In 2016 I scored my first HSO podium in the very same event, sharing the #8 Joest 956 with Michael Drechsler, so I was definitely after a repeat. That race wasn't an economy run though, more a flat out blast between Porsches.

I was glad Richard Conxon wanted to team up with me. The only time we race together was in the Fuji 1000 km's in 2017, where we finished second in a C100. Second is also the place I seemed to have a subscription to in endurance races, having taken second place at Monza, Silverstone, Spa and the aforementioned race at Fuji, not to mention I came within seconds from winning a CanAm race at Laguna Seca and F1 91 at Monza, and score more distance second places in F1 71 at Mosport and Formula Ford at Snetterton.

So, would Kyalami finally bring me the top step of the podium? I supplied a setup and Richard scored pole with it, which was a good start. Being the faster of the two, he was our starting driver. Not that it helped much as he was immediately swamped by other 956's on the opening lap. He exchanged the lead with Dave Miller on multiple occasions, but then it was my turn and I had neither Richard or Dave's turn of speed so I quickly dropped half a minute.

The Kreepy Krauly car was then handed over to David Sabre, against whom I again failed to my any inroads and the gap remained at around half a minute. The good news was that David Jundt and friends in the #18 956 weren't really getting any closer. I had dropped back behind a few more economical cars which were stopping less, but I knew the 956 had enough speed to get ahead again.

Having uncharacteristically managed not to spin or hit a wall at least once during any of my three stints (I was that slow it would have added insult to injury if I had), I handed the car over to our star driver whose target as to challenge the Dave³ 956 for the lead. Unfortunately they dropped out so all he had to do was finish ahead of the Sauber and Urd.

Richard created some additional excitement towards the end, first by spinning near a wall which I'd been consistently clobbering in practice, and then going for new tyres, but he made it home safely.

So I finally get to see my name at the top of a results table, I was thinkig it would never happen. :D

My stats say this was my third win, but the others are class wins so they don't really count in my eyes. I'm happy it occurred in HSO's 1000 race too. Thanks to Richard for the cooperation, really enjoyed it, and well done to those who finished.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 9:51

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
But I remember pretty well I could have my own steering wheel lock despite sharing car with someone else :hum:

I think steering ratio and lock you can change, last night me and dad ran two different ratios and locks but setup wise we were locked.

Last night was great anyway!

I’m not one for endurance’s races but that was epic. Setup wise we had to meet in the middle, Dad likes his car planted and mine, well not so much so was tricky finding a sweet spot but we managed it.

The start we planned for me to start and decided to go hard in the first stint to get our position and work on it. Which went straight to plan. A hard pushed first stint of 59 laps by me then a double stint by my dad. This however is where we found a huge issue. We switched and Dad instantly found himself 1.5 seconds off his pace. Could not find the reason for it. We thought maybe the setups didn’t switch but disregarded this as the gears were the same. 20 laps went by loosing 1.5 seconds a lap. Luckily we both raced at the same house so I noticed his throttle was severely sticking. So out comes the electrical spray and when down the start finish line I quickly done some mid race repairs Laughing

After that his pace was back on schedule but nearly 30-40 seconds lost. After Dads double stint I then reenetered for the last 90 laps and pushed as hard as I could. I knew it would be an uphill battle to catch Austin but as luck (for myself) would have it I believe he had a moment out of the last turn and I was right behind him. The grip of the Sauber made it possible to go by and pull enough of a gap to maintain 2nd.

To start 8th and have only Lancia’s and Porshes’s ahead and to come home in 2nd feels amazing. I expected a 5th or a 4th but strategy for us was spot on so a great result for us Very Happy

Seriously well done to Richard and Juha. That was some incredible pace whilst fuel saving. We initially wanted the Lancia but had to switch away as I was just not able to manage that fuel so great work guys!

Well done to Thiago and Austin too for the podium :top:

Thanks HSO and well done on 1000 races cheers
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 13:18

The results table Smile Jan Kowalski's points are still missing on HSO website, as well as Raul's and Bruno's ones for some reason.
Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 BLnm
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 14:15

What a fun race!!!!

Starting in 16th and being very conservative in the start. I had followed Jason White for a couple of laps, it was hard to get by him because of his straight line speed advantage. I found and opportunity using a backmarker as a shield in turn 1. Had some fight with Jonathan too, but he had a spin in turn 2.
After that there was pretty much Porsches, C100 and the Sauber ahead. I tried to delay them a little by defending but not being too off of my pace. They would be direct competitors once the pit strategy started to play.

We were in the lead in some occasions because of fuel strategy but nobody was match for the 956s, C100 and Sauber.
Our objective was zero mistake/damage race, it would be the only chance for us and I'm really glad it worked out. Austin did a fantastic job in the second half of the race being fast and keeping his head down doing our own race.

:third: 3rd place, feels like a win!
Congratulations to all the finishers, it was a big accomplishment. Also congrats to Richard/Juha and Grant/Ray for the well deserved podium. :top:

Thanks HSO for providing such good moments. Be able to drive old school endurance is magic.

Austin, I'm really glad to help and it was a honor. I hope we can repeat this in the future.

Last edited by Thiago Canola on Mon 10 Jun 2019 - 17:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 14:19

Thiago Canola wrote:
I tried to delay them a little by defending but not being too off of my pace. They would be direct competitors once the pit strategy started to play.

I was wondering why the hell were you making so hard to overtake when I was clearly faster. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 14:27

Endurance racing is what brought me to this great community, so when it's on, to say I get excited might be a grand understatement. And coming fresh off the heels of a 24 hour Le Mans race only amplified that.
I enjoy racing modern, BoP'd cars at times, but for me running these cars as they should be from days gone by is where it's really at. And one won't find another racing community where there is such interest in such cars. Most (at other leagues) only care to find "the fastest car"....makes things easy, makes things simple. I don't like simple, I like challenges, I like frustration. I like to curse when I drive, and I like to drive angry :D

The Lancia provided all the above, and then some.
Finding a way to preserve fuel, yet go fast enough to be somewhat competitive somewhere in the pack was definitely a challenge. Early testing showed the Lanica to be a fuel guzzling beast when driven hard. Absolutely no way to make the fuel requirement without some serious efforts.
To add to the complications, the team myself and Bruno formed was quite imbalanced in terms of raw speed. (Jonatan nailed it on the broadcast when Jason asked if it wouldn't be better for a team to just run a balanced boost in a sort of fuel saving mode throughout the race. ...ie, this was not at all viable, or fast, for this particular team)

So decision was made to start in absolute fuel saving mode. 2 stints like that, then the final 150 laps I would take the car and try to make up time lost.
After some laps, Bruno discovered that under race conditions, fuel burn was even more severe than it had been in testing, so what we thought would be his basic pace didn't happen. To savor fuel, and for driver comfort reasons, we backed off even further. We lost quite a few minutes because of this.

I got in the car, started pushing it a bit. Was an interesting experience, flying by leading cars and pretty much all others on track. Not something one gets to do legitimately most times, so that was a blast :yaa:

Then came a really scary moment on my first pit stop. Stop went fine, but I'd shut the engine off during the stop and when I tried to refire it, nothing happened Shocked
I'd had this issue twice in practice. I'd stalled on track, then couldn't refire the car...starter simply wouldn't work. Those two times, I did not find a solution and had to escape out to fix the issue.
So I'm scrambling around trying to figure out how to restart the car....finally calmed down for a second, turned on ignition...starter...nothing. Ignition again, starter, suddenly she comes to life Suspect
No idea what happened, and wasn't happy about the 30 or so seconds I lost fiddling with it, but leaving the pits I'm thinking, "damn, that was sort of cool. Replication of a real life electronics issue. Can't beat that, even if it is a pisser"! ...onward I went.

After pressing through 2 fuel stints, I realized just how much fuel I'd been burning and it was a lot.
I started calculating, and realized it was going to be tight without the need for a splash and dash. I started fuel saving and the times dropped off, no more flying by others Sad

By that time, unfortunate things had happened for a few top 5 cars, so we were gifted P5, which of course, we gladly accepted (I still say it sucks, taking position because of technical issues. But you take what you can get so...)

Lots of other little tidbits, but I'll spare you all. :rigol:

Suffice it to say, I'd easily vote this mod as potentially the greatest AMS mod EVER! And easily one of the best mods for any sim, PERIOD! So much depth, so engaging, fully immersive. Tops for sure. So, thanks Richard, and anyone else involved in that creation that may read this. Absolutely outstanding!

Also a big thanks to Michael Griffiths for streaming. Helped me keep up while I wasn't in the car (language barrier prevents Bruno and myself from verbal contact during these races, so it's always a bit more challenge when we do this sort of thing together)

Another big thanks to Mr. Jason White for his stream, and to those that joined him. (I sat listening to the broadcast yesterday thinking just how much it'd be missed if Jason did not sacrifice his time and efforts to that cause. It's become a staple here and really adds something to this imo) .....same can be said for Jonatan and his efforts as well!

And as always, a huge thanks to HSO...any and all admin involved in making this happen.
Thank you all very much for making this happen ....the time and work, the many hours you surely sacrifice so we can all enjoy this sport we have a shared passion for. Without niche places like this (niche because only the hardcore come and stay here Twisted Evil ) sim racing would not be what it is for me. I can say that with 100% certainty. I love this place, and I thoroughly enjoy sharing the track with each and every one of you.

Here's to many more future fun times :drink:

Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 15:08

The race for me was tedious and challenging at the same time. I had a rocket in my hands and could not use it.
Our strategy was simple, I would do 94 laps saving the maximum fuel and avoiding the accidents so that Jason could fly with the car.
It was not easy, with each resumption of speed Lancia burned a lot of fuel, forcing me to use a very low turbo boost and changing the gears in low turns. My pace was not expected due to the higher consumption in the traffic, but I could do the laps spending only 2.15 liters per lap and trying to walk as fast as possible within that limitation, making the turns around 1:19 to 1:20. The result was that I was able to fulfill my mission, saving an extra 3 liters and making the pit stops in 117 seconds.
At the end of my shift, I handed the whole car over to Jason.
It was fantastic to see Jason flying on the track, including making the best lap of the race. So all this justified my frustration at having to be the team turtle as I am aware of my limitations but could be much faster than I was but would not spare as much fuel as I spared.
Thanks Jason for trusting me, I hope I have done exactly what I was expected to do.
I want to thank the HSO for the great competence and professionalism in the administration of this and all the events. For me, the best place to run, because I know I'm competing with the best riders and the best mods on the planet.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 15:52

Juha Bos wrote:
The good news was that David Jundt and friends in the #18 956 weren't really getting any closer.

That's because there were several cars that decided to spin right ahead of me, giving you at least 5 more seconds to play with that I had catch back up.

But for some reason, I could never match the other two Porsches at all. I can't tell why...

Also Juha, you forgot the real leader was the Ford C100 Razz

Before it's demise, it was like a minute ahead of Sabre, thanks to "Canadian David's" great driving. Too bad his game decided to hang up somehow 5 laps before the swap.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next