Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Porsche Indy car interest cooling off :(

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Porsche Indy car interest cooling off :( Empty
PostSubject: Porsche Indy car interest cooling off :(   Porsche Indy car interest cooling off :( Icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2019 - 19:46

https://racer.com/2019/04/26/porsche-cooling-on-indycar-interest/
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Gabriel Legnini
Rookie

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2019-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Porsche Indy car interest cooling off :(   Porsche Indy car interest cooling off :( Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2019 - 2:36

Never heard that Porsche was actually interested in joining Indycar before that article. It was always said that Ford was the 3rd manufacturer courting with the idea of joining Indycar.

Porsche has an unfortunate history with the Brickyard and the two programs that were put together trying to win the 500. I don't believe they are interested in rectifying that.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Porsche Indy car interest cooling off :(   Porsche Indy car interest cooling off :( Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2019 - 4:09

I'm not surprised. It was rather a shock to hear that Porsche might have anything to do with Indycar. But Ford is a long shot, too. However, the third manufacturer might be a big one. Several people reported it will be a German one and guess which one makes the most sense - BMW. That would be huge. I've already been a devoted fan of Indycar but bringing my favorite car maker to the series would make me jump with joy :banane:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Porsche Indy car interest cooling off :(   Porsche Indy car interest cooling off :( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Porsche Indy car interest cooling off :(
Page 1 of 1