HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 Mod F1 1982 for rFactor

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16234
Age : 46
Location : Valencia - Spain
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod F1 1982 for rFactor   Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 3 May 2019 - 22:19

Quote :
I guess "Translate" means relocate

Yeah fuck, "trasladar" in spanish is "relocate" so it's one of those false friends in languages  :doh:


Quote :
Alberto you are sent by the heavens. THANK YOU! HOLY SH*T!  


I get that usually from women, but I'll take it from you anyway  :D

_________________
"There are two kind of oval racers, those who have hit the wall and those who will hit it" - Mario Andretti

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Image
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Pro Driver
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 933
Age : 18
Location : Berlin
Registration date : 2016-01-04

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod F1 1982 for rFactor   Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 3 May 2019 - 22:30

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
I guess "Translate" means relocate

Yeah fuck, "trasladar" in spanish is "relocate" so it's one of those false friends in languages  :doh:


Quote :
Alberto you are sent by the heavens. THANK YOU! HOLY SH*T!  


I get that usually from women, but I'll take it from you anyway  :D

lol! lol! lol!  Well I'll try to contain my joy at getting something to work after literally hours of trying next time  :rigol: :rigol: :rigol:

_________________
Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 739

2016 1000km of Kyalami Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 WEC1983_pAG1
2017 Grand Prix of Italy Winner!  Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 ASenna_01
2018 Indianapolis 500 Pole Position Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 USAC74_14
2018 Can-Am Challenge at Riverside Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 7McLaren
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/GrandPrixracer100
Pascal Mikula
Pro Driver
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 933
Age : 18
Location : Berlin
Registration date : 2016-01-04

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod F1 1982 for rFactor   Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2019 - 14:23

Checkpoint

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Unbenannt-1
It's been really silent now yesterday, and today will be no different.

Fact of the matter is that I've put together a first version of the mod, but I can't get it uploaded anywhere because of my slow upload speed. Dropbox, Google Drive, they all time-out after ten minutes.
I'll most likely only get this uploaded at the end of the month, but i'm not sure. 

Besides, I'm still trying to find archives and data, authentic data for certain race engines so I can recreate them for rFactor. 
Plus I wonder what the Compression parameter is in the engine file. But that's something I can easily research.

To sum it up, the reason I've been so silent:

  • Trying to upload a first dev version of the mod but my own Internet speed stops me from doing so
  • Trying to start recreating the physics but I can't find resources to base my data on



I've also found this little guide here, maybe it helps me as well with the development: guide
Cheers!

_________________
Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 739

2016 1000km of Kyalami Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 WEC1983_pAG1
2017 Grand Prix of Italy Winner!  Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 ASenna_01
2018 Indianapolis 500 Pole Position Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 USAC74_14
2018 Can-Am Challenge at Riverside Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 7McLaren
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/GrandPrixracer100
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2037
Age : 35
Location : Portugal
Registration date : 2015-01-07

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod F1 1982 for rFactor   Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2019 - 15:34

Try uploading it here: https://uploadfiles.io/

_________________
Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 700
Back to top Go down
Online
Pascal Mikula
Pro Driver
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 933
Age : 18
Location : Berlin
Registration date : 2016-01-04

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod F1 1982 for rFactor   Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 5 May 2019 - 21:54

Richard Wilks wrote:
Try uploading it here: https://uploadfiles.io/

I'm trying..first time I tried it went all the way up to 180 MB upload, then restarted. Now it won't go past 25 MB before restarting..  :doh: :doh: :doh:

I may be able to do it tomorrow as my mobile data plan gets reloaded with 1 GB high-speed but god dammit

_________________
Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 739

2016 1000km of Kyalami Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 WEC1983_pAG1
2017 Grand Prix of Italy Winner!  Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 ASenna_01
2018 Indianapolis 500 Pole Position Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 USAC74_14
2018 Can-Am Challenge at Riverside Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 7McLaren
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/GrandPrixracer100
Ashar Firdaus
Club Driver
Ashar Firdaus

Number of posts : 90
Age : 19
Location : Indonesia
Registration date : 2018-06-01

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod F1 1982 for rFactor   Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 May 2019 - 3:11

Try uploading it from mediafire

_________________
I'd rather try and fail than not try at all,as they said
-Bobby Rahal
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Pro Driver
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 933
Age : 18
Location : Berlin
Registration date : 2016-01-04

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod F1 1982 for rFactor   Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 May 2019 - 12:44

Ashar Firdaus wrote:
Try uploading it from mediafire

I tried that already, too. Timed me out after ten minutes. 

But I'm uploading it to UploadFiles, like Richard suggested. It's already more than halfway uploaded, so expect this mod to be available tonight!

_________________
Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 739

2016 1000km of Kyalami Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 WEC1983_pAG1
2017 Grand Prix of Italy Winner!  Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 ASenna_01
2018 Indianapolis 500 Pole Position Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 USAC74_14
2018 Can-Am Challenge at Riverside Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 7McLaren
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/GrandPrixracer100
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16234
Age : 46
Location : Valencia - Spain
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod F1 1982 for rFactor   Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 May 2019 - 12:58

Quote :
t's been really silent now yesterday, and today will be no different.

Fact of the matter is that I've put together a first version of the mod, but I can't get it uploaded anywhere because of my slow upload speed. Dropbox, Google Drive, they all time-out after ten minutes.
I'll most likely only get this uploaded at the end of the month, but i'm not sure. 

Besides, I'm still trying to find archives and data, authentic data for certain race engines so I can recreate them for rFactor. 
Plus I wonder what the Compression parameter is in the engine file. But that's something I can easily research.

To sum it up, the reason I've been so silent:

  • Trying to upload a first dev version of the mod but my own Internet speed stops me from doing so
  • Trying to start recreating the physics but I can't find resources to base my data on




I've also found this little guide here, maybe it helps me as well with the development: guide
Cheers!

Since you have a slow internet connection and this is still a WIP mod, I suggest you divide it in:

1) One archive with the common core of the mod
2) One archive per team or car

This allows you both to upload all parts easily, but also and more important, to slowly update the mod without having to upload each time a big file. You would just reupload the archive(s) affected.

You can create a mediafire account for that and group all of them in the same page like this:

1- Common base files
2- Ferrari
3- Renault
4- Williams

and so on.

So if you need to update the Ferrari for example, you delete the old one and upload "Ferrari_v2" instead

Anybody that accesses the page will always find only the latest files, and can easily check if any of them has been updated by looking at the version number in the name.

_________________
"There are two kind of oval racers, those who have hit the wall and those who will hit it" - Mario Andretti

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Image
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Pro Driver
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 933
Age : 18
Location : Berlin
Registration date : 2016-01-04

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod F1 1982 for rFactor   Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 May 2019 - 13:35

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
t's been really silent now yesterday, and today will be no different.

Fact of the matter is that I've put together a first version of the mod, but I can't get it uploaded anywhere because of my slow upload speed. Dropbox, Google Drive, they all time-out after ten minutes.
I'll most likely only get this uploaded at the end of the month, but i'm not sure. 

Besides, I'm still trying to find archives and data, authentic data for certain race engines so I can recreate them for rFactor. 
Plus I wonder what the Compression parameter is in the engine file. But that's something I can easily research.

To sum it up, the reason I've been so silent:

  • Trying to upload a first dev version of the mod but my own Internet speed stops me from doing so
  • Trying to start recreating the physics but I can't find resources to base my data on




I've also found this little guide here, maybe it helps me as well with the development: guide
Cheers!

Since you have a slow internet connection and this is still a WIP mod, I suggest you divide it in:

1) One archive with the common core of the mod
2) One archive per team or car

This allows you both to upload all parts easily, but also and more important, to slowly update the mod without having to upload each time a big file. You would just reupload the archive(s) affected.

You can create a mediafire account for that and group all of them in the same page like this:

1- Common base files
2- Ferrari
3- Renault
4- Williams

and so on.

So if you need to update the Ferrari for example, you delete the old one and upload "Ferrari_v2" instead

Anybody that accesses the page will always find only the latest files, and can easily check if any of them has been updated by looking at the version number in the name.

Yeaahhhh...I'd do that with the next version. Right now I'm almost 2/3 done with uploading the first version and I don't want to cancel that now, as you can imagine. :rigol:

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Unknown

:papy:

EDIT: Seems like it just decided to lose connection and loop around the whole "Trying to reconnect" bullshit for two hours.

I'll upload the parts, as Alberto suggested, to Mediafire. Links will be up later.

_________________
Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 739

2016 1000km of Kyalami Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 WEC1983_pAG1
2017 Grand Prix of Italy Winner!  Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 ASenna_01
2018 Indianapolis 500 Pole Position Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 USAC74_14
2018 Can-Am Challenge at Riverside Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 7McLaren
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/GrandPrixracer100
Pascal Mikula
Pro Driver
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 933
Age : 18
Location : Berlin
Registration date : 2016-01-04

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod F1 1982 for rFactor   Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 6 May 2019 - 20:58

CHECKPOINT!
Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 GRAB_001
06.05.2019 21:54:25


After a long struggle with my internet, I'm proud to announce the "release" of my first version of the F1 1982 Season mod!

What it is, is basically the Varjanta LE v0.95 with some graphical improvements, sound improvements and a little nudge towards organizing and ordering everything to be as accurate as can be.

Long story short; here are the download links!


F1 1982 for rFactor

(don't ask me why there's adfly in there; i literally copied the mediafire link over to the thread)


The mod is devided into two parts: Core and Vehicles.

In the core part are the sounds, talent files, shaders, and basically everything you need to get the mod running. Without the core part, the vehicles won't work. Without the vehicles..the core part will still work, but you'll only have the two safety vehicles and the temp car.

In the Vehicle parts, there's an archive for every vehicle currently in the mod. From Alfa to Williams, everything's there. Things will be updated, added, and removed and when that happens, the files will get updated and I'll notify everyone here.

For now, I'm looking forward to the first "impressions", for suggestions, and most of all, criticism. 

Cheers!

_________________
Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 739

2016 1000km of Kyalami Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 WEC1983_pAG1
2017 Grand Prix of Italy Winner!  Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 ASenna_01
2018 Indianapolis 500 Pole Position Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 USAC74_14
2018 Can-Am Challenge at Riverside Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 7McLaren
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/GrandPrixracer100
John Fuqua
Club Driver


Number of posts : 58
Age : 56
Location : U.S.
Registration date : 2014-04-16

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod F1 1982 for rFactor   Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 7 May 2019 - 0:35

Ok Pascal, since you good enough to help me with USAC 73' I'll offer my first impressions...it's a good start, everything worked seemingly fine, did several laps in the Lotus and Alpha, same as the Varjanta version from what I remember, couple things I've wondered, in external view is the drivers head actually that high in the cockpit ?, inside driving the view is fine, but externally looks like he's driving a go kart, also to set your version apart from the earlier version I'd make the wheels chrome on the cars that had chrome wheels, they were chrome in real life so I'd make them chrome here, good start bud, look forward to the updates.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Pro Driver
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 933
Age : 18
Location : Berlin
Registration date : 2016-01-04

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod F1 1982 for rFactor   Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 7 May 2019 - 1:21

John Fuqua wrote:
Ok Pascal, since you good enough to help me with USAC 73' I'll offer my first impressions...it's a good start, everything worked seemingly fine, did several laps in the Lotus and Alpha, same as the Varjanta version from what I remember, couple things I've wondered, in external view is the drivers head actually that high in the cockpit ?, inside driving the view is fine, but externally looks like he's driving a go kart, also to set your version apart from the earlier version I'd make the wheels chrome on the cars that had chrome wheels, they were chrome in real life so I'd make them chrome here, good start bud, look forward to the updates.

I did actually add a 0.93 engine file to Andrea de Cesaris' Alfa, so that might feel a little different. But I'm glad everything works.

I did not change any of the head/helmet/camera positions (except T-cam, since they were a little messy), so if you feel they're off, please provide me with images of the drivers from the Swingman camera. But from what I know, the drivers didn't have that lying-down position until the profile of the cars got lower, starting with the Brabham BT55 from 1986.

I'll check the claim about the chrome wheels, too. I think that'd mean reworking every single tire/wheel so that may take a bit. I'm going for the accuracy here, so if I find that a car didn't have chrome wheels, I'll keep it the way it is now.

Cheers!

PS: I dug a little around in the 0.93 files and I found some interesting suspension files, namely for the Ligier JS19 and the Williams FW08B; they were all set apart from the usual williams.pm and ligier.pm - Oh boy that's gonna be some digging here. I hope I can make the middle axle rear wheels on the FW08B their own entity there, too.  :jp:

_________________
Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 739

2016 1000km of Kyalami Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 WEC1983_pAG1
2017 Grand Prix of Italy Winner!  Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 ASenna_01
2018 Indianapolis 500 Pole Position Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 USAC74_14
2018 Can-Am Challenge at Riverside Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 7McLaren
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/GrandPrixracer100
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 834
Age : 38
Location : Netherlands
Registration date : 2012-12-22

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod F1 1982 for rFactor   Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 11 May 2019 - 15:08

next to 91 this is the other mod i realy addore
so sad the guys are just trew it away
i did some atempts to contact JC Case the physics createor for you pascal but he is off the radar and cant get in touch, i remember he had also a bad health of back problems, so i hope he is still around us somewhere
this mod uses the old credit list , you guys properly dont know but this mod i ( Flying Dutchman) test close with JC Case
hunt the shunt and more guys from the list were involved , as we did many test races online back
in 2012-2014. mainly because i was looking for a new group modders since f1sr left everything behind what was related to 91HE :grrr:
i was there to improve the stage from 0.93 to 0.95 till 0.98 but the latter is never been released
the cars behavior as even greater under the latest development and as you can notice already now quite simular on tv the porpoising under bumbs and curb is what these cars dont like, also you realy steer them with the throttle as i think JC improve the tires aswell for v0.95
JC wrote a guide of how install your ecuipment and many other tricks to improve and mostly benefit from the mod itself
till this day i use his setup guide!
tis mod is a and was a real rfactor gem in progress and i hope this will be finished in full gllroy, apart form some graphics detailes and new lick of paint, new backfires and sounds the mod will shine
even more!


in the future i can help on new tires animations and textures becasue at this moment i finaly create them and have it working in rfactor many mods using only 9 tire textures like too many mods around here but now i have them by watching example form rf2 and asetto and to get that realistic spin of a tire, you need ..35 seperate dds files!!!!!!! :D :D

_________________
Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 617
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Pro Driver
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 933
Age : 18
Location : Berlin
Registration date : 2016-01-04

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod F1 1982 for rFactor   Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 11 May 2019 - 17:19

François Remmen wrote:
next to 91 this is the other mod i realy addore
so sad the guys are just trew it away
i did some atempts to contact JC Case the physics createor for you pascal  but he is off the radar and cant get in touch, i remember he had also a bad health of back problems, so i hope he is still around us somewhere
this mod uses the old credit list , you guys properly dont know but this mod i ( Flying Dutchman) test close with JC Case
hunt the shunt and more guys from the list were involved , as we did many test races online back
in 2012-2014. mainly because i was looking for a new group modders since f1sr left everything behind what was related to 91HE :grrr:
i was there to improve the stage from 0.93 to 0.95 till 0.98 but the latter is never been released
the cars behavior as even greater under the latest development and as you can notice already now quite simular on tv the porpoising under bumbs and curb is what these cars dont like, also you realy steer them with the throttle as i think JC improve the tires aswell for v0.95
JC wrote a guide of how install your ecuipment and many other tricks to improve and mostly benefit from the mod itself
till this day i use his setup guide!
tis mod is a and was a real rfactor gem in progress and i hope this will be finished in full gllroy, apart form some graphics detailes and new lick of paint, new backfires and sounds the mod will shine
even more!


in the future i can help on new tires animations and textures  becasue at this moment i finaly create them and have it working in rfactor many mods using only 9 tire textures like too many mods around here but now i have them by watching example form rf2 and asetto and to get that realistic spin of a tire, you need ..35 seperate dds files!!!!!!! :D  :D


Too bad JC seems to be off the radar for now, since that'd be a huge help if I could get a hand to help with overhauling the physics. As you know, the 0.95 is only an LE, so i'll have to take all the 0.93 HE physics and adapt them; but at the same time I'm taking a look at them to improve them.
I never knew about a 0.98 version, but as you said that's never been released anyway, so I think that's not something I should consider for now. 
As far as I'm concerned for the cars that are implemented as of now, their graphical part is finished. I'm not talented enough to get better skins or to make them more FPS-friendly (my estimate of 45,000 polys was very low, e.g. the Williams FW08B has over 60,000) so the only graphical updates I'll still do is renaming the skins that are there for now, and include the TrackLivery variable in the vehicle files. Other than that, my main focus is now the physics. And that's going to take a whole while.

I mean I've been notably absent for a few days now, which is because I'm currently still going through graduation and my last final exam is next week, so I'd rather study and prepare myself for that.
Other than that, I've still been trying to find data on the Alfa 182 since it's the first car in the list and I'd like to have things really finished with that car before I start work on another car, because I don't want things piling up on me.

About the tires, I see that the 0.95 tires are an improvement over the 0.93 tires, but it's still an LE. I have no idea what the 0.95 tires are based on, but I know that given what there is in the 0.93 pack, there are nine different tire files.
Avon, Goodyear, Goodyear Brabham, Goodyear Ferrari, Goodyear FW08B (i mean yeah since the rear tires are different), Michelin, Michelin Alfa, Michelin Alfa 182T and Pirelli. Given that I have close to zero knowledge of what all the numbers in the tire files about the slip curves and all that stuff are, you can rest assured that my estimates of an HE "release" at best in early 2020 was not an exaggeration.
And I'm not even talking about the different engines.
Ferrari, Alfa, Renault, BMW, Hart, Matra, Cosworth and even ... Cosworth_old?
Yeah, it's gonna be slow.


And then there are the hdv. For now, I'll have to use the 0.93 hdvs for the cars, for testing purposes, but as I said earlier, I'm not going to just keep them in there without making changes to them, since they're all a little off here or there; at least compared to data I've been finding and receiving about the different cars.

_________________
Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 739

2016 1000km of Kyalami Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 WEC1983_pAG1
2017 Grand Prix of Italy Winner!  Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 ASenna_01
2018 Indianapolis 500 Pole Position Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 USAC74_14
2018 Can-Am Challenge at Riverside Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 7McLaren
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/GrandPrixracer100
Pascal Mikula
Pro Driver
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 933
Age : 18
Location : Berlin
Registration date : 2016-01-04

Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod F1 1982 for rFactor   Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 14 May 2019 - 20:07

Checkpoint?
(idk I sort of lost motivation in the past few days, especially thanks to my Steam client having done a major screw-up while trying to download Workshop stuff but I'm back, sort of)


So I've now started working (slowly) on getting some physics ported over. So far, I've got the 0.93 versions of the Cosworth DFV and the Alfa Tipo 1260 engines in, plus hdv/tire stuff for the Alfa-Romeo Tipo 182.
I'll test those, and see if they feel alright.
Also, I've found out that at least in the 0.93 files, the inertia values in the hdv for the car and the mass are the very same as in the suspension pm files. Is that accurate/true?

If so, then I can also confirm that I've put together provisional physics for the Williams FW08B six-wheeler. Based on the normal Williams hdv (which..I'm not even sure if it's an FW07 or FW08 hdv), I adjusted the weight, inertia, suspension and tyre files, since there really isn't much out there to base any changes on.
For now, this is what I had for the FW08B: https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/spec/689/Williams-FW08B-Cosworth.html
Anyway, still, any help is appreciated. Especially when it comes to the technical stuff - as in understanding all the parameters.
I'll try to update the respective car folders when I get the opportunity to.

Cheers!

/edit: Through testing I've figured out that the FW08B has some problem with lacking grip/downforce at the front. It locks up the front wheels under braking very easily, and at low speeds at least, it's very prone to understeering - given that it doesn't have a front wing, I'll have to get the hdv adjusted to not include a [FRONTWING] section - also the rear tires don't have correct collisions. It seems like the collision detectors for the rear wing and rear tires (only rear-rear, the front-rear tires don't have any collision at all, it seems. they just don't get detached somehow) lay where they would be on the regular FW08. I'm not sure if it has to do with the FW08B_collision.gmt (as that one's correct as far as the points are) or some values in the hdv.

also i'll need to get myself a license for 3DSimEd since my 20-day trial ended already

_________________
Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 739

2016 1000km of Kyalami Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 WEC1983_pAG1
2017 Grand Prix of Italy Winner!  Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 ASenna_01
2018 Indianapolis 500 Pole Position Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 USAC74_14
2018 Can-Am Challenge at Riverside Winner! Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 7McLaren
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/GrandPrixracer100
Sponsored content




Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod F1 1982 for rFactor   Mod F1 1982 for rFactor - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Mod F1 1982 for rFactor
Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: Paddock :: Mods-
Jump to: