Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th]

Go down 
+24
Lennart Groessl
Alberto Ibañez
Petr Hlavac
Bruno Chacon
Timo Vermeersch
Jason Fitch
David Sabre
Mick Chapman
Raymond Riddall
Grant Riddall
Gérard Ryon
Jan Prusa
Austin Johnson
Jason Whited
Michael Griffiths
Jan Kowalski
Adam Hackman
Jason White
David Jundt
Dave Miller
David Jaques
Brian Janik
Lukáš Vydra
Juha Bos
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th]   Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2019 - 21:36

The second heat will start at 22h41.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th]   Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Apr 2019 - 23:49

Provisional final results:

Pos.DriverCarLaps / time
1.David JundtMatra MS 120B100 / 2:05:56.150
2.Austin JohnsonSurtees TS7 100 / 2:06:08.626
3.Brian JanikLotus 72C100 / 2:06:18.228
4.Jan KowalskiLotus 72C100 / 2:07:44.467
5.David JaquesBRM P153100 / 2:07:59.021
6.Juha BosFerrari 312B 100 / 2:08:23.164
7.Jason WhitedMarch 71199 / 2:07:59.333
8.Lukas VydraMcLaren M19A98 / 2:06:55.003
9.Thiago CanolaBRM P15398 / 2:07:24.885
10.Adam HackmanTyrrell MKI98 / 2:08:14.512
11.Bruno ChaconBrabham BT2696 / 2:07:13.718
NCRay RiddallMarch 70196
12.Michael GriffithsSurtees TS994 / 2:06:04.362
NCGrant RiddallMcLaren M7A91
NCJan PrusaMarch 71168
NCJason WhiteMcLaren M14A65
NCDave MillerFerrari 312B55
NCMick ChapmanMarch 70153
NCGérard RyonBrabham BT3352
NCDavid SabreMarch 70149
NCTimo VermeerschMarch 70147
NCPetr HlavacMarch 70142
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Legnini
Rookie

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2019-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th]   Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2019 - 2:31

Watched the broadcast of the 2nd stint, was very fun at times, specially the battle at the bottom half of the Top 10 during the first 20 laps. Interesting watching how drivers had to cope with cars handling very differently. Top 3 were a world apart, but dunno if they were much faster, had much better cars, or simply could prepare the race better. Or a mix of those 3. Drove perfectly nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th]   Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2019 - 11:44

Qualifying went well, I had more time in my sleeves, but was unable to improve in all sectors combined. Pretty satisfied with the result though.

First 50 laps was also good, I had a great battles with Jan Průša, David Sabre, Ray and Petr. But it was very exhausting to me and those were consequences to second half, where I incredibly struggled to keep similar pace. No chance for points, but how can I be not happy for best result so far on HSO? I hope I wasn't impeding any of lapping/lapped drivers, I really did my best.

How scared were you, on the scale on 0-10, when I spun in front of you, Juha? :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th]   Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2019 - 11:52

You weren't the first to falter when my Ferrari got closer so I was used to it by then. :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th]   Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2019 - 12:00

Results, replays and points are posted on the website.

Jan Kowalski's 7 points are not showing, we're working on that.
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th]   Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2019 - 12:35

I did the best I could do with the old Brabham BT26. In qualy I managed to improve in 0.3 seconds my best time in training.
I had good duels with Michael, Adam, Jason White and Gerard Ryon and only Adam was able to overcome me. It was a constant and arduous fight, the BT26 was not fast in the straight and I only had to defend position in the corners. I was very happy with the results, I hope I did not disturb anyone and for the excuse to Jason White for my optimism in trying to overcome in the clamp what made me give a slight touch to the side of his car and for that, fair play was applied.
I think I did fair races, I made no mistakes and no escape from the track. I think my driving and concentration are improving, I just need better cars ... lol
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th]   Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2019 - 14:10

Ignorant mistake on my part. For some reason, I read the briefing as 50 minute races, rather than 50 laps.
Realized that about 2 laps into Heat 1, quite demotivating. ...but knowing that overall time of both heats would determine finishing position, I pressed on until I was forced to stop (tried to savor it a bit, but not nearly enough)
Luckily, only lost a few positions. Took me out of the top 10, but could have been worse.

Heat 2 was fun. Good battle with Grant and a few cars right on my heels at all times.
After the big spin out of T1, I had some slight rear damage...seemed to be in the suspension, so the car was quite slick after that. Another lost of position, but again, could have been far worse.

Overall, entertaining and fair racing. Just wish I'd had a bit more consistency in Heat 2 as I felt like I had a car capable of a top 5 finish, but that's the way that goes.
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th]   Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2019 - 1:46

Enjoyed driving such a good car from the coolest team ever!

Really wanted to try and hang with Austin :second:  and Jundt :first: , but they got away when I flubbed the start on first attempt, and got smoked by Dave Miller on the other. Outbraked myself on lap 1 of second race like a desperate bonehead trying to get back into 3rd. I hope I didnt mess anyone up too bad, I took a little damage but luckily survived.
I will refrain to complain about a double 3rd.

Good racing with Dave Miller in Race 1. So clean and consistent :chinois:
And tough battle w/ Jan Kowalski in race 2! :clap:

J Acerclinth is an Ironman Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th] - Page 3 3108518133

Last edited by Brian Janik on Tue 30 Apr 2019 - 4:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th]   Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2019 - 3:18

That was one hell of race. Dave Miller, Brian Janik you guys made me sweat like literally, I was driving my ass off to stay ahead! And David Jundt my hats off to you sir :hello: your one calm and collective guy, those were the most consistent laps! :drink: :champ: :first:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th]   Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2019 - 9:03

The results table Smile

Some things fixed according to HSO tables:

1) Round 1 was scored as 1-2 hour long race, but as it was changed to 2-6 hours, I change mine too.

2) Gerardo and Michael get points from Round 2 for 4th and 5th place respectively. Both me and HSO probably counted 90% of race distance from these 24 laps to be classified, but there were run actually only 23.

Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th] - Page 3 54b7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th]   Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Automobilista - Gran Premio de la Republica Argentina [April 28th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3