Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]

Go down 
+30
John Cook
Rhys Gardiner
John Thim
Bruno Chacon
Yves Plaçais
Jonatan Acerclinth
Dave Miller
Gérard Ryon
François Remmen
Jason White
Mick Chapman
Steve Parker
Alberto Iquino
David Jaques
Austin Johnson
Richard Coxon
Jan Kowalski
Jacob Fredriksson
David Sabre
Raymond Riddall
Lukáš Vydra
Thiago Canola
Jason Whited
Adam Hackman
Grant Riddall
Juha Bos
Timo Vermeersch
David Jundt
Pascal Mikula
Alberto Ibañez
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2019 - 19:39

A reminder from the rules thread, as there seem to be a lot of smoke signals around Monaco:

Quote :
Any car that is leaving a smoke trace will be called to the pits to fix it. Failure to comply or to fix it will mean disqualification from the race.

Regular engine smoke trace is dangerous for everyone and, as in real life, will mean the need to go to the pits to reduce grille tape and stop it.

Limping to the pits for repairs on a damaged car is permissible only exercising the utmost caution and ensuring no interference with the other cars that are still racing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2019 - 19:46

David's car, please!
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2019 - 19:49

OK. :top:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2019 - 19:58

Practicing my ad-libs and oh-nos for today's broadcast  Laughing  
Looking forward to a good show, hope everyone on track and watching on YT has fun!

Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Oii5Cr
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2019 - 20:44

Jason White wrote:
Practicing my ad-libs and oh-nos for today's broadcast  Laughing  
Looking forward to a good show, hope everyone on track and watching on YT has fun!

Was hoping a car would be available, but looking fwd to the broadcast!
Back to top Go down
Rhys Gardiner
Club Driver
Rhys Gardiner

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2017-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2019 - 21:47

I would like to send my apologies to Francois Remmen. Had pace, but was struggling with the rear end and had a couple of spins. The second of those was at the swimming pool, and though I tried to exit the track in time, Francois had nowhere to go.

Was definitely not a good showing from me tonight. Mad
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2019 - 21:54

First time I exit a HSO race because it's just no fun. No fun at all. A demo derby. Two cars in front of me that smokes all the damn time (what's the penalty for that BTW?). Throws blocks all over the place. No racecraft at all. Just piss-ugly driving with cars that breaks the rules.

/rant.

PS. Remove the safety car for the next race, please.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2019 - 22:27

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
 Two cars in front of me that smokes all the damn time (what's the penalty for that BTW?). Throws blocks all over the place.
I assume you mean John and myself. Believe me, it was mostly John who smoked, at every fast point of the circuit. I only smoked occasionally when I missed a gear. Check the replay for that when you have time.
I have to, however, say that the warning for John came really late. Came in lap 23 even though he'd been smoking the whole race..but we'll see.

My race was pretty much behind John the whole time, witnessing the whole fiasco. But I finished 5th after he made a mistake at Harbour Chicane (and then almost took me out while rejoining) but it wasn't the best race I ever had.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2019 - 22:30

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
First time I exit a HSO race because it's just no fun. No fun at all. A demo derby. Two cars in front of me that smokes all the damn time (what's the penalty for that BTW?). Throws blocks all over the place. No racecraft at all. Just piss-ugly driving with cars that breaks the rules.

/rant.

PS. Remove the safety car for the next race, please.

Jacob I know you do not like to be reminded of the Avus incident, but after that move I don't think you can set a token to measure others. There was hard racing, there was blocking, all that is to be expected in a short race with GT cars and I did not see any move I considered unsportive. You are welcomed however to log a protest pointing at any specific one and we will revise it, I can easily have missed something worth of a penalty, as there were 28 cars on track and lots of action. 

As for the smoke, the track temp went up abnormally compared with the other sessions so all cars were heating up more. I rode onboard with some cars and in my opinion it was not hampering vision enough to be really dangerous. It was that, or calling 75% of the grid to the pits, which I found excessive. 

And yes the SC will be out in a patch as well as the smoke, we have already prepared it but did not want to issue it just a day before the race as it could be confusing.

On to Norisring.
Back to top Go down
John Thim
Club Driver
John Thim

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2019 - 22:42

"No respect what so ever"
how am I surprised.

My apologies for Pascal.
It wasn't pretty, the car was undriveable.
You deserved it mate. :top:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thimbro23
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2019 - 22:44

John Thim wrote:
My apologies for Pascal.
It wasn't pretty, the car was undriveable.
You deserved it mate. :top:

Yeah, no worries. I just didn't really like the way you were holding the inside line everywhere and shutting the door in lap... 15-16 or smth when I was next to you. But I figured you had some problems with the car.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2019 - 22:45

I made too many mistakes which cost me time and two positions. But as this was a last minute entry for me, I don't care that much. And there's one thing I've learnt - it's a real workout. My arms are quite strong (from carrying my 7,5kg baby   Wink  ), but there are some muscles on my back that I didn't know I have Very Happy  I can really feel it. I can't wait for long beach!

PS: Thanks to Lukas for the alert about the free car :top:

Last edited by Petr Hlavac on Sun 10 Feb 2019 - 22:47; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2019 - 22:47

I was doing a 6 Hour race alone and wanted to finish it, even if probably getting DSQ'd for it :D

Wrote the message while being in the pits.

Hope you had fun Petr Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2019 - 22:51

Petr Hlavac wrote:
PS: Thanks to Lukas for the alert about the free car :top:
You're welcome :hello:
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2019 - 22:59

Survived!!!! cheers

One month after the Donington, totally forgot how was reliability for this car. Barely used the rev redline during the race afraid of blowing up the engine and producing any smoke and be punished. (not everybody showed the same smoking concern and still got away with that):cowboy:

It wouldn't change the result anyway, 3rd place was a great result!!

Race....
Clean start, small tap in the rear in turn 1, held the car away from the guardrail. Full yellow, after it went green I made a decision.
I knew Austin is even faster in the first half of the race, there was no reason to hold him so I let him by so Grant could have some fun and not get bored. :langue:

It was a intense race against the track, I had a lot of fun and I'm grateful I finished.

Congratulations Grant and Austin and everybody who finished this challenge.

Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2019 - 23:01

the victory is , i solved the disco connection  lost cheers
( just portforward it and voila)

still so much down of pace compare to rf1

was very confused to see the pacecar hit the track but im sure was'nt the only one
after i knew after 2 laps i was still online the only mission was to  bring the car to the finish which i did
@rhys np just could step of the throttle abit more under yellow but you were in the middle of the track stationairy, its a nasty situation to be stationairy at the swimming pool behind the blind corner.
i was low in rank so tbh i dont blame it that hard

Alberto pls delete the track link mate :papy:

Last edited by François Remmen on Sun 10 Feb 2019 - 23:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2019 - 23:03

All done Francois, thanks again  :hello:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2019 - 9:02

Ref the results page: as it would appear that I am the only one to actually have covered the full 28 laps... I should have won, no? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Timo
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2019 - 9:17

The results table
Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 4wnW
Back to top Go down
John Thim
Club Driver
John Thim

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2019 - 9:34

BTW Garçon
- Where you trying to run your little scooter up the inside at Massenet? Where exactly was that gap?

and Avus.
'Crash test dummy award' goes to... :first: :aie: :top:

Waiting for that apologie.
Man up for once!

(Did'nt think so)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thimbro23
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2019 - 9:45

John Thim wrote:
BTW Garçon
- Where you trying to run your little scooter up the inside at Massenet? Where exactly was that gap?

and Avus.
'Crash test dummy award' goes to... :first:  :aie:  :top:

Waiting for that apologie.
Man up for once!

(Did'nt think so)

Ok please any incidents either clear them per PM between the affected drivers or log a protest to the admins also per PM.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2019 - 10:05

First of all, thank you for the broadcast and of course the mod itself

My race wasnt bad at all as i overcome my problems with the G29 and internet connection when playing AMS. Unfortunately i couldnt keep the pace from practice. Tyres were getting too hot when driving closely to other cars. I tapped the wall serveral times too which didnt improve the car. The smoking cars were quite annoying (I think it was Ray in front of Juha in the early stages of the race) as i was short shifting to not get in the yellow temperatures. But i understand the difficulties to enforce rules when 75% of the field was smoking.  
Most of the time i battled with Juha and Dave Miller and finished 13th. We tapped serveral times, i hope everything was okay for you. I tried a hard overtake once or twice and was missing brake points too.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2019 - 10:31

It was Ray in front of me yes.

Your overtaking attempts were fine. I tried to make my car as wide as possible after it had taken a hit on the opening lap. It wasn't the neatest or most sporting driving but it got the job done.
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2019 - 11:18

Tough evening - but it’s always tough regardless at Monaco

I had some good pace and was pleased to off gained pole.

The start was a lot calmer for myself thanks to full course yellows and at the restart I got away well and had some great pace which was hampered on lap 7-8 by my wheel suddenly loosing FFB.. I know some will probably roll their eyes but man!! It was hard without none and for a few laps I was all over the place. Made mistake after mistake until Austin got by after I clipped T1.

After that I had to mentally calm myself and after a few laps was able to start closing back in on Austin. Was a shame what happened at T1 to Austin, I was really looking forward to a great battle.

Very fortunate to of had first gifted to me - overtaking at Monaco’s one thing but overtaking Austin at Monaco is  another!

Great Broadcasting Jason and Alberto!! Thiago and David’s battle looked immense
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2019 - 15:54

Well. Let that one slip away.

Couldn't get a clean run during Q session had to settle for third.

Race started off great after the caution of course. Thank you Thiago for letting me go that was very courteous :chinois:

Made my way up to Grant and seen he had smacked the wall a few times and was pushing very hard so I just sat back and waited for my chance to make a move. Got passed Grant I knew I had to push hard but just save enough for the end and it was working great. Lapped cars did a great job in my eyes and moved clear out of the way but it still seemed to let Grant close in a bit..i still had a decent lead and then of course I wreck going up the hill. I'm still not sure what really happend, I had on a closer look at the replay and it didn't show me hit anything. I guess the curb really didn't like me that lap.

I guess second place is good bit throwing it away like that hurts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]   Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - 38e Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco [Feb 10th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3