Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Procar TimeTrial event

Go down 
+3
David Jundt
Jason Whited
Jim Nobbs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jim Nobbs
Rookie
Jim Nobbs

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2018-11-01

Procar TimeTrial event Empty
PostSubject: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2019 - 0:23

Hi everyone. I have been speaking with the chap who uploaded the fantastic ProCar mod to RaceDepartment about an event we are running this week.

Over at AMSUnofficial.net we wanted to start a time-trial competition with new combinations each week. This week we just could not resist the ProCar and Johannesburg Historic for our first ever time trial event.

The sounds, the sideways action, the feeling you get when you finally nail that lap time!

Please do come and join in the fun. It would be great to see you guys showing us how it's done! All you have to do is join our server that is running all week and set a time. When the session ends the server will parse the log and your time will appear here:

http://results.amsunofficial.net/dedi_comps

The server name is: AMSU Procar Timetrial#JR

Our discord channel (where most of the chat happens)
https://discord.gg/wRqZU6t

Looking forward to seeing you guys set a few times and maybe even joining us in some of our races.

Thanks and all the best from AMSUnofficial.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2019 - 20:19

Hi, Jim.

Been a while since I've had time to race with some of you guys at AMSU. Probably since that old Maserati at Spielberg, I believe it was. ...fun stuff. Have to get back over there sometime when I can.

Just a heads up. Those using the [awesome] Procar here at HSO, cannot participate currently in this time trial.
I was just over on the server, and got an SRS mismatch. The SRS had to be adjusted recently. ..increased maximum cars allowed, I think. I'm sure you can find out easily enough, just wanted to let you know (and wanted to participate :D )

:hello:

:yaa:
Back to top Go down
Jim Nobbs
Rookie
Jim Nobbs

PostSubject: Re: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2019 - 21:12

Ok thanks Jason. I will see if the RaceDepartment download (which I used) is different from what you guys have here (If I can find it).
Back to top Go down
Jim Nobbs
Rookie
Jim Nobbs

PostSubject: Re: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2019 - 21:24

I'm struggling with this one. RaceDepartment download says it is 1.10 version.

On your championship here it says download 1.09 and a patch to take you to 1.10.

So they should be the same.

Is there another patch somewhere I have missed. The 1.10 patch does not contain the SRS series file but I have seen SRS mismatches due to other reasons so it could be sending me in a wrong direction.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2019 - 21:32

There's a SRS file download in the first race thread, did you get that aswell?

Although I am unsure if that's correct or not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2019 - 21:36

The SRS was issued later as hotfix when we noticed the previous was limiting the cars to 27

You can get it here:

--> SRS UPDATE <--
Back to top Go down
Jim Nobbs
Rookie
Jim Nobbs

PostSubject: Re: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2019 - 21:39

Superb thank you. I will try running the server with

"All cars and Tracks" but just the procar selected.

That might avoid the SRS mismatch maybe.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2019 - 21:43

It should, yes. In any case the SRS just added more cars, no physics change or whatever. It would not even have been a problem had we not had broadcasting and race control admins logged in as spectators. That is why we needed more slots.
Back to top Go down
Jim Nobbs
Rookie
Jim Nobbs

PostSubject: Re: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2019 - 21:44

Yes that worked on my test server. When the timetrial server restarts in 20minutes it will be using all cars and tracks but limited to just the procar. Means I can still direct people to the RaceDepartment single download and keeps it simple.

Thank you for all the help.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2019 - 23:59

Thanks, Jim.
I'll get in there and turn some laps next chance I get :top:
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2019 - 13:31

Jim, to partecipate some races, we need to registerto the site?
The races have Europe times?
There is a forum?
The downloads are made by Discord?
Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Jim Nobbs
Rookie
Jim Nobbs

PostSubject: Re: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jan 2019 - 11:50

Hi Gianluca,

Most of our race organisation and information is on Discord so that is the best place.

All the links to downloads, event times etc is all on there.

The website we use for results

We do EU timed races but have just started EST (US/Brazil) timed races. We are struggling to get them off the ground at the moment.

Our EU races regularly get 20+ drivers.
Back to top Go down
Jim Nobbs
Rookie
Jim Nobbs

PostSubject: Re: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jan 2019 - 12:28

Jason try the server again.

I saw you had joined and still got SRS mismatch. Just tweaked it again. Maybe it will work.

Crosses fingers.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jan 2019 - 18:12

Jim Nobbs wrote:
Jason try the server again.

I saw you had joined and still got SRS mismatch. Just tweaked it again. Maybe it will work.

Crosses fingers.

Jim

Came back to this thread to say just that, Jim Smile

Nice observance skills :top:

...couple hours from now, I'll check it out again, see if I get the same.

If I do still get the mismatch, perhaps you could look at the SRS and see what the "max opponents" setting is. I think it's 27 in the d/l that you are using. It was raised here, as we discussed, but I can always go change that value (probably should have done that before)....just now really looked at it...I'll do that, if the mismatch occurs, should fix it.....save you from fiddling with it more than necessary.

:drink:
Back to top Go down
Jim Nobbs
Rookie
Jim Nobbs

PostSubject: Re: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jan 2019 - 22:21

I had problems with the server and stopped and restarted several times. I think it was not running all cars and tracks when you tried and so you got a mismatch.

I tested with both SRS files (the increased max players one and the one from RaceDept). As long as All Cars and Tracks is being used it is fine.

Let me know if still not working.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sterr
Club Driver
Gabriel Sterr

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2018-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jan 2019 - 22:26

Thanks Jim!

Just wanted to give a quick heads up for everyboday interested to join that I could join and run valid laps on the server with what I think is the most recent HSO SRS file, so whatever caused mismatches has probably been fixed.

This car-track combiation is great fun!
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jan 2019 - 0:24

thanks Jim for hosting, its a great car/track combo!

team hso setup posted to the setup share on the main page. could go faster with more tape, but trying to be respectful and not smoking the whole lap.

best,
dave
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sterr
Club Driver
Gabriel Sterr

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2018-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jan 2019 - 18:11

Thanks for the setup, David! Will try this for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Procar TimeTrial event   Procar TimeTrial event Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Procar TimeTrial event
Page 1 of 1