Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]

Go down 
+29
John Thim
Gabriel Sterr
Petr Hlavac
Raul Jereb
Dave Miller
Rhys Gardiner
David Jaques
Yves Plaçais
Gérard Ryon
Cezariusz Czlapinski
John Cook
Adam Hackman
Thiago Canola
Raymond Riddall
Timo Vermeersch
Steve Parker
Mick Chapman
Jonatan Acerclinth
François Remmen
David Jundt
Jacob Fredriksson
Bruno Chacon
Jason Whited
Alberto Ibañez
David Sabre
Grant Riddall
Lukáš Vydra
Austin Johnson
Juha Bos
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 19:49

Unless he does at least one timed lap in qualy, he will have to start from the back. When the server ticks over to race session the grid will be set according to the laptimes set in qualy, if he has no lap set he will have to start from the back.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 20:03

Official qualifying has begun :conduit:
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 20:17

mm cannot join

guess qualify is locked and its fine
can i join in warmup still to race?
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 20:24

yeah, I can rejoin either. says the game is full.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 20:33

I just got kicked and can't rejoin
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 20:33

Do we have to download a srs-file and install it manually?

Timo

Last edited by Timo Vermeersch on Sun 13 Jan 2019 - 20:34; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Sorry that was our fault, server and mod are set for 27 cars which is a leftover from the testing phase. 
We will issue a new file with 40 cars so that there is room for all the grid and the broadcaster/race control. Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 20:37

Here is a download link.

--> SRS UPDATE <--

Just drop into your Automobilista install.

Server is now back up with 30 mins of qualifying left. Sorry all time have been lost.
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 21:37

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Jan Kowalski wrote:
:doh: just saw that i didnt confirm for race. Was too excited of getting a car last sunday and getting all ready instead of confirming first. Can i join for warm up to see whether a car would be occasionally be free?

As if you had not raced here before  :doh:

yeah i should have taken more care. I posted my presence in the rules thread last sunday instead of in the race thread itself. Anyway good luck to John Thim in the #41. Have a nice race all.
Back to top Go down
Michael Griffiths
Club Driver
Michael Griffiths

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2018-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 21:50

Quote :
You seem to be the kind of person.....
I don't see the use of getting personal like that.

Fact is, I put in substantial time and commitment - nearly 200 laps practice - and lost my drive without breaking any of the rules as written. That isn't opinion, it's simply objective fact. You accepted it yourself.

Anyway, no need for any personal animosity. On the positive side, the rules will hopefully be made clearer and I have learned the correct procedure. All good.
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 22:15

problem with blue flags on this track,i was getting blue flag warnings for most of race when leaders were miles away,then when the leader got to within 200yds i got drive thru lol,even though he was not close enough to pass,so i ended my race there rather than take a needless drive thru :bangry:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 22:21

Well,

I dont know if its a mod bug, more likely an game bug..

So, I was getting a message "Step aside for blue flag or youll be penalised" (or something similar), with no actual blue flag as ussual when overlaped, but only text, and no any car behind me.. so its pretty distracting, since my radio spotter warns me all the time.

Then, on the acctual blue flag occasion, I did not stop and let the car pass me, I planed to pick a more convenient place on the track to that, without having to slow down drasticly and risk some accident.. it was with mr. Jason Whited, after he spun at chicane, a lap or two after that.. and then, becose of not stepping aside right away, I got stop/go penalty. Ok, so I enter the pits, but of corse, instead of stop/go, I was getting refueled cheers cheers cheers

Then, full of fuel, I continued the race, and after not getting into pits for stop/go the very first lap out of pits, I got DQd. :hum: :hum:

Soooooo, is there any special procedure to perform stop/go penalties, and something that bothers me more, if we are supposed to move for faster cars it brakes the philosophy of "keep your line and speed - faster cars (drivers) will pass you". Since I am known as a moving schicane, it meens Ill be stop/goed whole the second half of the race...

any suggestions and thoughs?

besides that...

great mod, great driving and great drivers..

thank you all for making this so nice!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 22:22

The blue flags were stupid and illogical, must be a track bug. We will revise the settings or maybe even disable them, and revise the results to eliminate the unnecessary penalties. Results are thus still unofficial. 

Thanks for your understanding.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 22:23

Raul Jereb wrote:
So, I was getting a message "Step aside for blue flag or youll be penalised" (or something similar), with no actual blue flag as ussual when overlaped, but only text, and no any car behind me.. so its pretty distracting, since my radio spotter warns me all the time.
I got that message too, it made me spin trying to read it.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 22:27

Just by way of providing you guys with info.

Same issue as Steve and Raul. But in my case it were drive-throughs, not stop-and-go's. Got and served two of those even if I think I was not particularly hard to lap Very Happy Very Happy .

Timo

Last edited by Timo Vermeersch on Sun 13 Jan 2019 - 22:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 22:27

Arf, désolé, Petr, j'aurai du te laisser passer ! :doh:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 22:28

I had fun tonight. Cheers.

Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 KUJICAM-2019-01-13-22-25-51-developed
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 22:31

As the blue flag warnings was everywere with no actual blue flags anywhere, I've decided to ignore the warnings and was just reacting to actual blue flags. Everything seems to be fine with that approach.

Anyway, it's my first race here on HSO that I finished, so I am satisfied :banane: Hope there weren't any problems with passing me, I did everything I learned over many races as a backmarker.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 22:31

I didn't last long enough to have any sort of issues with blue flags Suspect

I flat spotted the tires early on. Fought with Steve for a while, that was fun...then the flatspots worsened.
I'd been trying to drive them out, hoping they'd fade, but about the time they did, I locked up in the same stupid place, riding the car ahead a bit too close :doh:

The last few laps after that, unbearable. My wheel was rattling like all hell.
Not only that, but obviously flat spots that severe have effect on the car itself as well. It was basically dancing up and down lol!

Last lap I managed, the car became violently unpredictable. I nearly bought it a few times, and given that the field was still packed quite thick, I overshot turn 1, locked the brakes a bit, and when I slid into the gravel I called it a day. Didn't want to take anyone else out. Plus, glad I did anyways, wheel had started overheating quite more than I'd want. Really should have called it before I did, but survived to fight the next one...that's good enough for now I guess. :cowboy:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 22:32

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
But in my case it were drive-throughs, not stop-and-go's.

Timo

Gosh, maybe it was a drive through, and me, a fool of Took, stoped :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 22:34

It was an excellent race, with no mistakes for me, except when someone putting me in a lap of advantage did not have enough patience and touched the back throwing me off the track.
I also had game messages about nonexistent blue flags.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 22:36

Yves Plaçais wrote:

Well, you turned into me as if i wasn't there at all, and then you gassed it and shot me off the track. So yes, you could have waited Wink On the other hand, my race got screwed up at the start, because i failed to engage the second gear TWICE :doh:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 22:51

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Yves Plaçais wrote:

Well, you turned into me as if i wasn't there at all, and then you gassed it and shot me off the track. So yes, you could have waited Wink

Oui, grosse erreur de ma part... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 23:00

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Petr Hlavac wrote:
Yves Plaçais wrote:

Well, you turned into me as if i wasn't there at all, and then you gassed it and shot me off the track. So yes, you could have waited Wink

Oui, grosse erreur de ma part... Embarassed

No worries, Yves. It's no big deal, shit happens Wink
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 23:12

Great Race Grant and Thiago I was using the lowest gear setting and just couldn't get a run the whole time, the game had a massive lag spike and I just locked it up and went off track Evil or Very Mad. Sorry for the rejoin I did not have one car on the screen only till after i watched the Live Stream I cut a few cars off again I'm sorry for that guys pale :doh:

Fun racing guys. Grant :first:. Happy birthday the rest won't be so easy. :antoine:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]   Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - International Procar Meeting [Jan 13th]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next