Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The bugs, glitches and feedback thread

Go down 
+22
Timo Vermeersch
David Jaques
Filippo Marazzi
François Remmen
Martin Lacina
Grant Riddall
Michal Janak
Juha Bos
Michael Drechsler
David Jundt
Jason Whited
Steve Parker
Jonatan Acerclinth
Austin Johnson
Pascal Mikula
Lukáš Vydra
Carl Larrad
Jukka Närhi
Raul Jereb
Richard Coxon
Raymond Riddall
Alberto Ibañez
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 14:26

Raul Jereb wrote:
Jason Whited wrote:
Raul Jereb wrote:
Just a question: Im not able to adjust brake bias from cockipit. Is it something realistic, or there is something wrond with my controler setup.

Might need to remap your brake bias buttons.
I was definitely able to adjust bias in the car last night.  

Hm, must have been something with the game itself.. I have the same buttons mapped for both rF and AMS, in rF all works fine, and AMS nothing happens.. ok, thanks, have to check it..

Make sure you don't have those same buttons mapped to more than one function.
I've noticed AMS will not unbind keys. So if you change one, and previously had a function mapped to that button, you'll need to go unmap it as well.

Bit of annoyance sometimes because it's hard to keep track of it. Never notice until I push "pit limiter" or something and it's telling me "this car does not have push to pass"...and I'm like, "what the".... lol!
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 14:30

Richard Coxon wrote:
A test server has been launched.  :top:

Server IP : 51.77.116.8:34597
Server name: Historic Simracing Procar
Password: hso80
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 14:40

Steve Parker wrote:
Richard Coxon wrote:
A test server has been launched.  :top:

Server IP : 51.77.116.8:34597
Server name: Historic Simracing Procar
Password: hso80

..the hell did I miss that!?!

:hihi:

:hello:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 14:45

Jason Whited wrote:
Did you have Steam open?
Have to have Steam open already, so that the AMS launcher will launch correctly.
My Steam is always open when I am gaming (I have only SIMT and rFactor outside Steam)

Jason Whited wrote:
So the IP is up somewhere for us to see (so I can check) here at the site?
I missed that, if so, and if someone could point me to it, it'd be helpful.
I see Steve already respond you.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 14:46

You might have been looking for the old server, new one has obviously a different IP.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 14:52

Jason Whited wrote:

Make sure you don't have those same buttons mapped to more than one function.
I've noticed AMS will not unbind keys.  So if you change one, and previously had a function mapped to that button, you'll need to go unmap it as well.  

Bit of annoyance sometimes because it's hard to keep track of it.  Never notice until I push "pit limiter" or something and it's telling me "this car does not have push to pass"...and I'm like, "what the"....  lol!

:doh: :doh:
Holly buttons, Id never think of that!!?!?! Thanks, you just saved a lot of my nerves...
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 15:08

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
You might have been looking for the old server, new one has obviously a different IP.

Shouldn't have been, but it is possible.
Usually, one can go into a server, then back out to the menu, hit the + symbol, that brings up a window to add the IP...and generally, the IP of the last server you entered is the one that will be already in that box.

Now, whether or not going into the server via the live racers site had bearing on that, I don't know.
But I'll definitely write in the new IP and save that puppy for later use :top:

ETA: Is there trouble in getting the server to show in the matchmaker list?
I am fairly sure I glanced over some info about that not long ago..something about a league that moved to a new server and couldn't get it to show on the matchmaker list.
IIRC, it was some kind of setting(s) hindering it from showing on the list and once those were adjusted it worked as it should.

I don't know if I can find that thread again, can't even remember where it was, but I could try if there is interest and there is currently a problem getting it to show up.

Or it's hidden intentionally...and in that case, I saw nothing and was not even here :D
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 16:24

The team name of "Scuderia Basilea" is misspelled in the mod by the way.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 16:42

David Jundt wrote:
The team name of "Scuderia Basilea" is misspelled in the mod by the way.

Noted study
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 19:26

What you could do though is change the seating position in-game.

It should be available just like it is in rF.

If you set the buttons, you can move yourself to be more towards one side or the other in the car (I assume it's a way to help drivers that drive on one side or the other in the car in real life.

But either way, some good feedback guys, thanks a lot on behalf of the admin team Smile
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 19:28

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:

If you set the buttons, you can move yourself to be more towards one side or the other in the car (I assume it's a way to help drivers that drive on one side or the other in the car in real life.

But either way, some good feedback guys, thanks a lot on behalf of the admin team Smile

I think it only works up/down fwd/aft.. left/right is not an option.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 19:30

Raul Jereb wrote:

I think it only works up/down fwd/aft.. left/right is not an option.

If that's the case then pardon me, I want to remember that also sideways was an option.... :doh:

Another way though is to use the free-cam that you may have seen me use in broadcasts. You can set it to move the camera somewhere.

The side-effect will be that you need to keep the mouse seperated from the rest as to not move it as that will result in you not seeing where you're going.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 19:35

If that's the case then pardon me, I want to remember that also sideways was an option....  

Another way though is to use the free-cam that you may have seen me use in broadcasts. You can set it to move the camera somewhere.

The side-effect will be that you need to keep the mouse seperated from the rest as to not move it as that will result in you not seeing where you're going.

Well, again, I think the free-cam rotates around the axis, and in this case, the axis is moved towards the center of the car..
So, me, driving with on-screen wheel OFF, the wheel shaft comes to the left of my phisical wheel and gauges are moved to the left.. the drivers postition should slide a bit to the right...

But all of this its not such a big issue at all, it just catches the eye, barely..
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 19:49

You can edit this line in the cockpitinfo.ini file; it shouldn't cause mismatches online (I know in rFactor it doesn't).

Eyepoint=(0.333, 0.940, 0.310)        // Driver eyepoint (cockpit view only) ( LEFT/RIGHT, UP/DOWN, FORWARD/BACK)
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 19:50

Jukka Maattanen wrote:
You can edit this line in the cockpitinfo.ini file; it shouldn't cause mismatches online (I know in rFactor it doesn't).

Eyepoint=(0.333, 0.940, 0.310)        // Driver eyepoint (cockpit view only) ( LEFT/RIGHT, UP/DOWN, FORWARD/BACK)

I need a mechanic for that Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 19:54

I assume that is based on the (X, Y) axis kind of thing.

So possitive is Right or Up and Negative is Left or Down.

So pressumably 0.000 on the 1st one will mean straight in front of the wheel or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 20:00

Negative values move the camera right, down and forward.
0.0 on the first one usually means car centreline - unless the cockpit view has an additional offset defined in the .cam file :aie:
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 20:04

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Jukka Maattanen wrote:
It's interesting to throw these around the icy Buskerud :hihi:

There's a car with your name always here  :D

Unfortunately I've signed up on something over at RD in Jan & Feb but thanks anyway :hello:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 20:27

Jukka Maattanen wrote:

That's exactly what I have done, this is the fix you all will get in the patch.

The first value is now 0.30, after the patch it is 0.33, which is dead centre of the steering/tacho.

Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 20:53

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Jukka Maattanen wrote:

That's exactly what I have done, this is the fix you all will get in the patch.

The first value is now 0.30, after the patch it is 0.33, which is dead centre of the steering/tacho.

Ah ok thank you. It just feels so unnatural not being centered. You guys are fast. :top:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 20:58

Actually when sitting in an M1 you are NOT centered, but tilted to the right. Reason is, while the car is wide, the front wheel wells protrude so much to the inside (To make room for fat tires) that the pedals have to be moved rightwards, and are therefore not aligned with the steering wheel. Which is in turned slightly tilted rightwards to align your body better.

Crazy italian designs ... Laughing but Oh so beautiful .... The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 21:04

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Actually when sitting in an M1 you are NOT centered, but tilted to the right. Reason is, while the car is wide, the front wheel wells protrude so much to the inside (To make room for fat tires) that the pedals have to be moved rightwards, and are therefore not aligned with the steering wheel. Which is in turned slightly tilted rightwards to align your body better.

Crazy italian designs ... Laughing  but Oh so beautiful .... The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 3108518133  

Wow that's interesting! What size tires are on this beast damn.? And your telling me that the seat and the pedals were moved but not the wheel I'm so confused. That would be a terrible driving experience.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 21:14

Nuffin' unusual to sit kinda awkward in an italian designed car. It was like that in the Ferrari Daytona, in the Maserati Bora and Merak, and while we are looking at cars built in Sant' Agata Bolognese, one sat all over the place in a Miura as well... Wink
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 21:22

Michael Drechsler wrote:
Nuffin' unusual to sit kinda awkward in an italian designed car. It was like that in the Ferrari Daytona, in the Maserati Bora and Merak, and while we are looking at cars built in Sant' Agata Bolognese, one sat all over the place in a Miura as well... Wink

Never knew all this. Its interesting thats for sure. I have been looking for a in car shot of the M1 but haven't found one yet. I just would feel weird sitting at an angle, I have my real car set up so I'm as low as I can sit and cluster and wheel directly in front of me. I'm intregued I want to drive a real one now. Was it like this from the factory or was this car only produced for racing?
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 21:33

This shows the inside quite well.

Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The bugs, glitches and feedback thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next