Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Our favorite auto racing broadcasters

Go down 
+5
Michael Drechsler
Timo Vermeersch
Jason Fitch
Gianluca Desposito
Jason White
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Our favorite auto racing broadcasters Empty
PostSubject: Our favorite auto racing broadcasters   Our favorite auto racing broadcasters Icon_minitimeTue 4 Dec 2018 - 18:11

No surprise here, but my favorite broadcaster of all time is Paul Page.  His voice is synonymous with Indy car racing, just like Murray Walker's voice is synonymous with Formula 1.  

Our favorite auto racing broadcasters PaulPage

Here he is interviewing Jim Clark in the 60s.  And as Coxon would point out, this provides definitive evidence that Page actually had hair at one time Smile

My favorite video clip of Paul is the one below from 1979 (timecode 2:56), where he explains the launch of CART as an organization.  
He does it so effortlessly and with an underlying enthusiasm.  A complete professional. Of course, Paul's Delta Force Indy intro narrations are the stuff of legend.  Still gives me goosebumps every time I watch them.

So who are your favorite auto racing broadcasters?
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite auto racing broadcasters   Our favorite auto racing broadcasters Icon_minitimeWed 5 Dec 2018 - 14:09

Rai (Radio Televisione Italiana) is for me, and the all italian people is the only one broadcast for F1 and Moto races, but i remember ESPN racing world for NASCAR and Indy broadcast in italy, was very beautiful for me around 2000' years, very immersive atmosphere.
Until when I could follow the NASCAR in Italy, I was very happy! cheers

the RAI television was inside me and my daddy since Villeneuve era. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite auto racing broadcasters   Our favorite auto racing broadcasters Icon_minitimeWed 5 Dec 2018 - 14:15

IndyCar: for me it will always be Paul Page, Sam Posey, and Bobby Unser.

NASCAR: Bob Jenkins, Benny Parsons, Ned Jarret, and Buddy Baker

Thunder, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday: Dave Despain, Gary Lee, and Larry Rice.

Formula 1: Murray of course, but I never actually got to hear him call a race. So mine would be Bob Varsha, David Hobbs, and even Steve Matchett

Sports Cars: Varsha, Hobbs, Dorsey, even Calvin Fish.

Special Mention Bob Jenkins and Larry Nuber could call just about any race together and it would be good, might not be Great, but it would be good.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite auto racing broadcasters   Our favorite auto racing broadcasters Icon_minitimeWed 5 Dec 2018 - 16:33

There are a couple of guys over at a station called Historic Simcasting Org or something. Acerclinth, Ibanez and White they are called.

Lately, they did some broadcasts of 71 F1 races and 71 Can-Am races. Those guys simple rock when on air... Some of the best I ever heard. Equalled only by Radio Le Mans maybe.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite auto racing broadcasters   Our favorite auto racing broadcasters Icon_minitimeWed 5 Dec 2018 - 17:12

Peeps, who happen to be old enough and know the german language might have fond memories of old DTM and STW days with Rainer Braun and Burkard Bechtel. Knowledgable, on top of things happening (none of those peeps getting worked up about a replay), passionate and fair, and both with a voice you'd like to listen to (as much as I value John Hindaugh, but his voice can become a little annoying over time), and always good for a memorable line without sounding to intentional. Though they became a bit monsters of the past working as announcers for historic events in recent years. Christian Menzel as colour commentator is always a joy to listen to, In MotoGP, Dirk Raudies did an excellent job, too.
And then, theres the iconic Austrian, Heinz Prüller. Legend. In his own way :D
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite auto racing broadcasters   Our favorite auto racing broadcasters Icon_minitimeWed 5 Dec 2018 - 18:36

first ofcourse

Murray and James !
and James alone is always fun
there tonns of it

2nd Heinz Pruller from germany
very good in explaining with humor , its very odd for a german  :D  :D

Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite auto racing broadcasters   Our favorite auto racing broadcasters Icon_minitimeWed 5 Dec 2018 - 23:18

François Remmen wrote:
[...]2nd Heinz Pruller from germany
very good in explaining with humor , its very odd for a german  :D  :D

Prüller is Austrian. I insist on the difference.

Austrians insist even more! Wink
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite auto racing broadcasters   Our favorite auto racing broadcasters Icon_minitimeThu 6 Dec 2018 - 20:07

Swiss too Razz

Kinda #epicfail considering you correctly called him Austrian in the previous post! lol!

Heinz Prüller is a legend(his Grand Prix Story books are great, better than his commentary imo xD), probably also due his commentary, that reminds you of the "Murrayisms" of Murray Walker. Either because they're random, wrong or unintentionally funny:

At one stage in the video above(1:36):

Prüller (to Alexander Wurz): "Tell something about the tyres. About 900° C? In optimal conditions?"
Wurz (didn't quite understand the question): "Sorry, come again?"
Prüller: "Tyres. Surface temperature around 900° C?"
Wurz: "Ah no, that's the brakes."

Rolling Eyes

D'oh! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite auto racing broadcasters   Our favorite auto racing broadcasters Icon_minitimeThu 6 Dec 2018 - 23:40

I grew up listening to Heinz Prueller. I could barely understand anything, but that's how I've actually learnt German language. "The Uncle Heinz" is the same kind of a legend as Murray Walker, at least in my eyes. The same generation, the same enthusiasm, the same grass roots origin, the same "Murrayisms/Pruellerisms" which would be totally embarassing if anybody else said it, but these two guys were actually loved for it :hihi:

But if there's something that stands out, it's Ben Edwards and Jeremy Shaw commenting CART on Eurosport in late 90s. I loved them. And the series, too. That, in my book, is the definition of the golden years of motorsport.

Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite auto racing broadcasters   Our favorite auto racing broadcasters Icon_minitimeFri 7 Dec 2018 - 18:21

David Jundt wrote:
Swiss too Razz

Kinda #epicfail considering you correctly called him Austrian in the previous post! lol!

Heinz Prüller is a legend(his Grand Prix Story books are great, better than his commentary imo xD), probably also due his commentary, that reminds you of the "Murrayisms" of Murray Walker. Either because they're random, wrong or unintentionally funny:

At one stage in the video above(1:36):

Prüller (to Alexander Wurz): "Tell something about the tyres. About 900° C? In optimal conditions?"
Wurz (didn't quite understand the question): "Sorry, come again?"
Prüller: "Tyres. Surface temperature around 900° C?"
Wurz: "Ah no, that's the brakes."

Rolling Eyes

D'oh! lol!

A little bit off topic, as its not really racing related, but my fave piece of sports broadcast ever is Men's downhill at the Winter Olympics 2006, as broadcasted by the ORF. The scene: Austrian Michael Walchhofer is in the lead, and both guys in the booth are certain he won gold.The last competitor, frenchman Antoine Dénériaz never won something big, and its unlikely to change today. And then, this happens...

Legendary! lol!

One can translate it, but it just won't catch the utter beauty the austrian language can offer, the pictorality of many expressions. Armin Assinger on the left makes good use of it... Wink
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite auto racing broadcasters   Our favorite auto racing broadcasters Icon_minitimeFri 7 Dec 2018 - 18:28

I just love how they completely forget hochdeutsch and start yelling in özterrrijjschzz as the frenchman starts breaking sectors   lol!
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite auto racing broadcasters   Our favorite auto racing broadcasters Icon_minitimeFri 7 Dec 2018 - 18:34

I wouldn't expect hochdeutsch in austrian TV, anyways... :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite auto racing broadcasters   Our favorite auto racing broadcasters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our favorite auto racing broadcasters
Page 1 of 1