Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]

Go down 
+33
Jason White
David Jaques
Michal Janak
Florkin Marc
Mark Craggs
Raul Jereb
Alberto Ibañez
Martin Lacina
Richard Wilks
Dave Miller
Steve Parker
Michael Griffiths
Brian Janik
Thiago Canola
David Jundt
Gérard Ryon
Petr Hlavac
Grant Riddall
Raymond Riddall
Jason Whited
Yves Plaçais
Pascal Mikula
Bruno Chacon
Timo Vermeersch
Jason Fitch
Victor Montenegro
Mick Chapman
Juha Bos
David Sabre
Jan Kowalski
John Thim
Austin Johnson
Richard Coxon
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Dec 2018 - 22:54

Thiago Canola wrote:
Petr Hlavac wrote:
I started to have micro freezes. It was getting progressively worse (both frequency and duration of those freezes). I spun in T1 because one of those and then it became so bad, that the game got frozen completely. Not sure why it happened. I apologize if I caused any troubles, but I had no control over my car. What a shame, I was having a decent race Crying or Very sad

Had the same issues Petr. This isn't right. Me you and Jaques out of the race at exactly the same moment!! scratch

Petr, when did the micro freezes start?  Thiago?

i would say i had about 5 intermittently, starting after about lap 20 until the time we all left.  right before the total lock up, i had increasing frequency for about a lap before, then total freeze (requiring task manager to stop the application).

PS> what about mosport. i think thiago and i had similar there, how about you petr?
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Dec 2018 - 23:03

I was having the same problem. It started as soon as the flag went green.? I was just trying to hold on as long as I could then eventually it struck entering the carousel...i spun got suspension damage race over. :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Dec 2018 - 23:07

David Jaques wrote:

i would say i had about 5 intermittently, starting after about lap 20 until the time we all left.  right before the total lock up, i had increasing frequency for about a lap before, then total freeze (requiring task manager to stop the application).

PS> what about mosport.  i think thiago and i had similar there, how about you petr?

I'm not really sure. I noticed some issues some 5 laps before it crashed completely, but I guess it lasted longer than that. Those were approx 0.5s stutters which was long enough to cause my spin in T1. I had probably 10 of these in the penultimate lap and then it got frozen completely. I don't think it's related to performance of my computer, as I have a decent one (i5-7500, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070).

I had different issues during the race at Mosport due to birth of my child Wink
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Dec 2018 - 23:12

Congrats Grant, well done :top:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Dec 2018 - 23:15

Well, tbh, I did not expect to finish this one, but it happend. Boy I love north continent tracks.. there is something I cant explain in them..

however, no problems at all here (of the ones mentioned above), but my pace was more in the parade lap area..

again, finishing in top 10.. Ill drink one to that.

and now to the leftys!!!!

:yaa:
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Dec 2018 - 23:17

David Jaques wrote:
Thiago Canola wrote:
Petr Hlavac wrote:
I started to have micro freezes. It was getting progressively worse (both frequency and duration of those freezes). I spun in T1 because one of those and then it became so bad, that the game got frozen completely. Not sure why it happened. I apologize if I caused any troubles, but I had no control over my car. What a shame, I was having a decent race Crying or Very sad

Had the same issues Petr. This isn't right. Me you and Jaques out of the race at exactly the same moment!! scratch

PS> what about mosport.  i think thiago and i had similar there, how about you petr?

Mine started around lap 20 too. It was happening once every 3 or 4 laps and then became more frequent about 3 laps before it completely freeze.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Dec 2018 - 23:45

Congratulations Grant!   cheers   Anthem now

WINNING DRIVER AND CONSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Dec 2018 - 23:58

Sorry to hear about your disconnects guys but a third place finish to end the season with, I'll take that. Very Happy
Starting from 14th I didn't expect too much, maybe a point or two. Steady progress at the start and I was running in the top ten and then moving up to 7th.  A couple more retirements and I was in the points Smile . Then three car dropped out and I was third. Then it was just drive around to finish 3rd.
I had to back right off for the last two laps as I was running out of fuel, I started with a full tank and only had enough to do half a lap after the finish. affraid

Congratulations to Grant on the win and the championship. :top: :hello:
A good season for Richard finishing 2nd, I'm not sure what happen to you in this race. scratch  I'll watch the broadcast.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 0:20

Not much to say about this. My brake pedal started spiking after a dozen laps, lost a few places and my race didn't last much beyond that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 9:33

Well, went better than I thought it would go when I had no practice what so ever when there were 20 minutes left until Qualifying...
We're setting grades at school so time is limited. Been using this past week to set the grades so that I can have a calm few days Before the students comes shouting about their grades :hihi:

I gotta thank Grant for the base setup (used pretty much the same setup as I had used at Mosport) and David Jaques for helping me out with tweaking it to the track.
I'm really happy I caught myself in the act of making the same misstake I did in Austria. I were trying to induce more oversteer but were present enough to go back just a tad on the settings to allow for some early understeer. Had I not done so I would have ended my race in the esses about halfway into the race...

In Qualifying I were just trying to get the car to where I needed it to be. Managed to get it there with about 30 minutes left and were happy enough with where I was on the grid so just used the last few minutes to try out the fuel usage.

Was seating slap-bang in the middle of the grid but as the race got underway everyone was very well-behaved. Was able to survive the opening lap and remained in 17th, or there about, position.

Very soon was sat behind Brian with Jan and Ray in close persuit behind. They were quicker in a straight line but I somehow managed better runs out of Turn1 and were able to hold on and gain time in the esses as they were struggling with the dirty air.
I finally made a misstake a few laps in which allowed Jan to get by on the S/F straight and I were trying to stick to him but as we entered the Esses someone said something on TS, I can't remember exactly but I think it was in the area of Richard dropping back and unfortunately Jan lost it over the crest in the middle of the Esses.
I were able to make my way past but sadly Ray got caught up in the ensuing spin and both of them were out Sad

With all the battling that went on there Brian and Co had pulled away so me and Richard took up the chase. We seemed to be of similar pace so both of us were making inroads on the Group ahead fighting for 6th or 7th back where Pascal, I think, were at the head of the group but under heavy pressure from behind.

Once we caught up I gave it a go once but it didn't come off and another few laps later it came to nothing as I span coming off of Turn1. I took too much of the inside cerb, unsettled the car and it went around without so much as a second thought.
I didn't want to lock the brakes so me and Richard had a slightly close call. Pardon once again but thanks for respecting the smoke and flags.

Got going, a tad bit frustrated, and set a smoldering pace for a lap trying to make time on the fella's ahead but I were still loosing time to Richard so was about to back off when I were surprised to see a yellow flag in the Loop and had Brian rejoin just ahead of me, I had a think about diving up the inside at Chute but decided against it.

That was around lap 20 and from then on we were locked in a fight for position.
We exchanged quicker turns. For example I were really strong off Turn1 if I got the line right but Brian were quicker down the straight (I assume that's the V12 doing it's thing?) but then I would close up massively in Loop and sometimes have a run through and off Chute and often Brian would pull away coming through Toe but a few times I managed great exits (one of those were when Alberto got exited in the Booth) and then Brian would often have a slightly better run off Heel and then he would also be stronger at Rejoin to it then come back to me, if only just, in the 2nd to last turn to then be Brians turn to be quicker at the final turn.
The gap would fluctuate back and forth all the time while were fighting for what we had.
I don't know about Brian but I were going hell for leather from lap 20 onwards with a slight calm-down when we climbed into the top 6.

In the end I made a few too many misstakes but I gave it red hot go on the final two laps and clsoed in to within a couple tenths but I weren't close enough at Heel so tried a cut-back move in the last two turns but hit the wall in the last corner and 5th was Brians while I picked up a great 6th place :champ:

I'm a tad bit frustrated that I couldn't find a way past Brian but you did everything right mate. Placed the car where it needed to be placed and only defended when it was really nessecary. Sorry for the half-half dive I put on you at Heel once. It was a "let's see if he would leave me room if I dive". It was a bit too optimistic so my bad but I really enjoyed that fight with you and Richard when you were around us. :drink:
A really fun round. :clap:

Thanks for an interestign season and for allowing me to switch to the much nicer March. It was so fun to drive compared to the Tyrrell :aie:

See you all on track, I hope, next year :drink:
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 10:51

Connection lost for me after the warmup session
Back to top Go down
John Thim
Club Driver
John Thim

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 14:15

Had a very sloppy drive cause of all the stuttering wich contributed to my bad downshift blewing my engine (Lap 2).

Question: What was the settings for 'Race time scale' on the server?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thimbro23
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 14:17

Was set to real time. Why?
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 15:02

Unexpectedly, perhaps the best race of this series for me.

Didn't have a lot of practice time in, and wasn't expecting a whole lot other than an attempt to finish in one piece, especially after some initial laps. I pretty much expected most other cars to be able to blow me away in a straight line, so I planned for a lonely race.

However, during quali I realized that the car cornered decently enough to hang with others and after posting a time way back in the order, I decided to set my sights on finding a car that was slightly faster, yet one I could keep up with while cornering, and follow...try to gain what I could on the straights utilizing the draft.

Both Gerard and Mick got to be the unlucky recipients of that strategy. Mick here and there, but Gerard got the worst of it. I'm sure he cursed me quite often, I remained nearly glued to his rear for most of the race.
Eventually, I realized I actually had a bit faster pace, and as attrition started to take cars out of the race, I started trying to find a way around because I kept getting backed into battles with the car behind me (mostly Mick)....

It was all for nil, useless. Even with a massive run off a corner here and there, it was all I could do to cling to the rear of Gerard....getting around was not an option, the car simply was not strong enough.
It was frustrating, but I'd pretty much assumed it would be the case, so plan B was just be a pain in the ass, try to force a mistake or two, and go by.

Mick had gotten by me, and the 3 of us, having started way back in the grid had worked our way up to P7-9 due to the misfortune of others.
I was dead set on trying to be in a position to grab a lucky P6 if something happened nearer the front, so I wasn't taking it lightly.

Mick started having issues in the essess, seemed his car had become quite unstable, and a few laps in a row I had to back out about mid essess quite dramatically to keep from running over top of him.
We're down to 15 laps or less and time is running thin. Again he gets squirrly in the essess, this time I jump the opportunity and headed around him.
I think he was trying to give me room and locked the brakes and got twisted up, perhaps touched the wall.
Sorry Mick, I had to go on that one, I don't think we touched, but if we did I am sorry. Pretty sure we didn't though.

I lost some time to Gerard in that battle, but the superior cornering was now helping a lot. I quickly caught up and resumed being a pain in his ass.
A few laps later and flames are pouring from Gerard's car. I'd been hearing a lot of missed shifts, so it was no surprise. Damn shame such good fun ended [not so] dramatically, but I suppose an engine pouring flames is dramatic in it's own right. :rigol:

From then to the end it was just keep it in the road and don't kill it...hope for more troubles at the front (that never happened)...

I feel like my race was quite consistent, especially considering I felt like I spent much of it hotlapping in an attempt to even keep pace with anything else, and it was great fun. The car, while lacking any real power to make it competitive, was really fun to drive here and really stable (well, until the last few laps on low fuel...that was a bit sketchy)...and I was quite comfortable with it.

Now off to watch the broadcast.....didn't get to it yesterday.

Grats to Grant on the win and the championship!

This seasons has been a lot of fun....thanks to HSO for giving us their time, and this place, so that we can share this hobby we all love so much. :clap:

Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 17:16

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:

We exchanged quicker turns. For example I were really strong off Turn1 if I got the line right but Brian were quicker down the straight (I assume that's the V12 doing it's thing?) but then I would close up massively in Loop and sometimes have a run through and off Chute and often Brian would pull away coming through Toe but a few times I managed great exits (one of those were when Alberto got exited in the Booth) and then Brian would often have a slightly better run off Heel and then he would also be stronger at Rejoin to it then come back to me, if only just, in the 2nd to last turn to then be Brians turn to be quicker at the final turn.
The gap would fluctuate back and forth all the time while were fighting for what we had.
I don't know about Brian but I were going hell for leather from lap 20 onwards with a slight calm-down when we climbed into the top 6.

Thanks for the Stress Jonatan Smile  No, I dont have a V12, nor do I even have a top spec Cosworth. I even doubt the aero is very slippery on the Lobster face? But always seemed to gain a little thru the esses and even when you had a run on me, down the straight. 3/3 wings and perfect final gear ratio? I was shifting into top gear over the hump in the middle of esses, since I often had to lift there anyway.

I was really hoping to get back where I should have been before I had a massive save...save...save...spin in Loop. We pulled the gap down to Sabre and Janak while fighting from 13.5 to 8 seconds, until backing off towards the end. Janak just doesnt make many mistakes, and Sabre was in bulletproof top form.

Like an idiot I forget to put new tires on after Quali and warmup. Not sure it hurt much, but certainly didnt help. After experiencing many "unexpected" spins in Practice, I just didnt trust myself to push at maximum over all these mid corner crests and humps. Hoped to have a relaxing trouble free run and let the race fall into place for once. BUT Acerclinth had other ideas. He just wouldnt go away!!!  What a Face  Everytime I got a small cushion I would bobble it away, or he would nail a sequence to apparent perfection.

With all the retirements, its a slightly disappointing 5th place, but after throwing away points at Mosport and a likely podium in Germany, and many other missed opportunities this season, I'll smile and take it. Afterall, with Jonatan's tea tray knocking on my door the whole race I'm actually relieved! Where is the collapsed exhaustion emoji?

Congrats to Grant for Race and Championship!!!
I'm really really going to miss these cars!
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 17:33

Well what a season that was

Sad to know the most intense championship I've ever been apart of has finished Sad

This whole week I've kept my head down and practised every last detail of the track and car to find the best combination for the race. I knew the deal and what would happen in each position I was in and what it would require for me to win the championship.

So qualifying was mostly me using it to practise on full tanks. I knew I was going to suffer at the start. This whole season I've been using a different gear ratio that I feel has helped me in the race by mainly only ever using 3 gears. So using the last 20 minutes mainly for hotlapping I was pleased to get pole.

The start of the race was a bit daunting I have to admit. Slipping down to 6th!! St times in this championship I have been hit headed and "desperate" when it wasn't needed in the opening laps but I cooled my head and played it patiently by moving up the order one by one when the opportunity arose. Have to say thank you to Jundt and Austin for not putting up much of a fight.. even though they didn't have to as I fully expected them to defend there rightful position. After a around 8-9 laps I was back in the lead only to have Richard follow me all the way through the top 6 and become right on my tail. At this point I couldn't help smile thinking the final race will be decided by a scrap with us two for the championship. But it wasn't to be Sad only half a lap later down the back straight side by side our wheels rub and that was enough to send Richard into the barriers. I am still unsure of how it could have happened or why it even did but I felt more gutted than crashing out at Mosport thinking the championship was over.

After learning of Richards retirement I opened the gap a slight tad to Austin and Jaques to defend my lead. As the race progressed I had enough of a margin to take it careful, mainly with my engine as I was worried about engine life.

Crossed the line to take the championship with half a litre left of fuel.

Little note to back markers: every single person has been so courteous when lapping last night so I just wanted to say thank you :hello:

I am beyond surprised at this result. After spinning and losing my front wing in the opening laps of moss and crashing out of mosport not in my wildest dreams did I think I'd be able to take the championship. Richard and Jaques has pushed and pushed and pushed me and probably each other to new limits and he and Jaques have been some of the strongest competitors I've ever raced against. Can't fault them in any way. So thank you for that guys.

Thank you for everyone who has contributed to this championship and to Jason, Alberto, Jonathon and Pascal for the broadcasts. :top:

See you all on track in 2019 :flag:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 17:41

Brian Janik wrote:
Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:

Thanks for the Stress Jonatan Smile  No, I dont have a V12, nor do I even have a top spec Cosworth. I even doubt the aero is very slippery on the Lobster face? But always seemed to gain a little thru the esses and even when you had a run on me, down the straight. 3/3 wings and perfect final gear ratio? I was shifting into top gear over the hump in the middle of esses, since I often had to lift there anyway.

I was really hoping to get back where I should have been before I had a massive save...save...save...spin in Loop. We pulled the gap down to Sabre and Janak while fighting from 13.5 to 8 seconds, until backing off towards the end. Janak just doesnt make many mistakes, and Sabre was in bulletproof top form.

Like an idiot I forget to put new tires on after Quali and warmup. Not sure it hurt much, but certainly didnt help. After experiencing many "unexpected" spins in Practice, I just didnt trust myself to push at maximum over all these mid corner crests and humps. Hoped to have a relaxing trouble free run and let the race fall into place for once. BUT Acerclinth had other ideas. He just wouldnt go away!!!  What a Face  Everytime I got a small cushion I would bobble it away, or he would nail a sequence to apparent perfection.

With all the retirements, its a slightly disappointing 5th place, but after throwing away points at Mosport and a likely podium in Germany, and many other missed opportunities this season, I'll smile and take it. Afterall, with Jonatan's tea tray knocking on my door the whole race I'm actually relieved! Where is the collapsed exhaustion emoji?

Congrats to Grant for Race and Championship!!!
I'm really really going to miss these cars!

My gearing was far from perfect but my March doesn't seem to be very quick down the straight either way. I had perfect gearing at Mosport and just barely were able to hang with you lot down the straights especially :aie:

But yea, was a great exchange and a lot of fun :drink:
Back to top Go down
John Thim
Club Driver
John Thim

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 17:51

Richard Coxon wrote:
Was set to real time. Why?

Just this.

https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/stuttering-the-effects-of-time-scale-on-frame-time.2047/

I did i fast check and I have effectively no stutter running 28 cars offline.
My setting for Race Time Scale single player is at None.

However online we would be effected by the server setting.
Any chance we could just start a race full grid and check? :D

Last edited by John Thim on Mon 10 Dec 2018 - 19:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thimbro23
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 18:01

Something to think about. I will remember for next time.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 20:46

only few words, after Mosport i was thinking a lot about last race, but finaly i started, didn spent more then 30 minutes of testing, picked setup from Mosport where worked well, to Q i enter half hour to end , have no expectations and take it as it was. 15th on trhe start but again outpaced team mates in "works" cars. Start was much better than in other races where i usualy lost positions, instead of this scenario i gain something , then make some progres thru the race, in 1/3 i was around 8th, when nearly crash into armco but i did good save and lost only 2 places, in end i "drop" to 4th and in last laps find better feeling and made some laps in high 1:45 in last lap i get from 5 s from 3rd place to 0,7s , shame that there wasnt one lap (8l of fuel left in tank).

THX to admins and track an mod makers

it wasnt only last race of F1 71, but for me last race here, so time to say bye

wish to all good sesults and fun
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2018 - 2:03

Well that was a weird race with so many unexpected outcomes. First all congrats to Grant Riddall you kicked ass all season and it was a well deserved championship :champ: :first:

Sorry to Richard Coxon man that was a serious bummer. I let both of you go try and wreck each other so I can win  :jp: but it looked like you wrecked yourself?

Also sry to Mr. Donohue i was trying to get a win in your Mclaren but I'm not worthy of the locked diff..... pale .

It was so hard to race with the stutter I almost pulled over the first lap and just let everyone go...eventually it was to unpredictable to hang on and it just went around....

Hopefully I'll have a full ride during the duration of next years CART series season to give you guys a real run for your money...well at least on ovals :cowboy: :drink:

What's up Michal? Your leaving us...why? You ok buddy? Question
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2018 - 2:45

Very decent qualify, still 0.8s behind Grant but that was expected. Very Happy

I had a very strong setup for the race and the car would get better and better until the end.

My start wasn't bad but Grand didn't move!!! Come on Grant!! :yaa:

Again I saw can in both sides before turn 1, had to be careful and safe. Nice and clean, first lap was just fine.

My long gear ration didn't allow me to get good acceleration with full tank some car overtook me but it would pay off later in the race.
I had a good fight with Janac, Bos, Yves, Pascal and Hlavac. The car was getting faster and faster and I knew the last 15 laps would be in the 43's so maybe I would have a chance to fight for the podium with Jundt but none of us make til the end....Sad
The screen started to stutter lightly in lap 20 and I knew the worst would happen, it was a mater of time. I had to drop the pace because of it around lap 38 when it became worse. So finally in lap 41 it frozen completely in the end of the backstraight.
Very frustrating...

Anyway, congratulations to Grant for the championship!! You understood very well how to setup and drive this cars!! Incredible!!

Thanks HSO, see you next season!!!
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2018 - 12:49

Pascal Mikula wrote:

Saw Richard crash in lap 9, instantly shouted something along the lines of "Is that Coxon?!"

that was when i lost it and spun the car. But until then it was a nice race without any connection problems :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2018 - 21:53

Short race for me, before my last qualy run I was moved to a different garage thus resulting in driving the wrong way leaving and getting DQ. :grrr:

Fortunately I was allowed to start from near the back, but no grid box was shown and had trouble lining up, was put in my spot just before the green light,
made several places in the first few laps and was following Jonatan and Jan entering the esses when Jan span, so left or right, I choose right but Jans car rolled right to putting us both out.

So onto watch the broadcast only to find Richard out and Grant leading with 50 laps to go, then came a spot of discos and blown engines making it very tense right to the end.

I am very happy for Grant  wining the championship. He started the season well with his aggressive and sometimes over the limit driving steered him well in the opening races,
but with other drivers finding there feet with these cars and Richard swapping to Tyrrell the pressure was ramped up, and although Grant would probably disagree i believe it affected his driving, this was evident to me in a couple of races. Sometimes he thought the championship was slipping away and never have i seen him overdrive a car as much as this season.
But I know how thrilled and probably relieved he is as am I to have taken the title.

I would like to think I taught Grant everything he knows, but he as been whipping my arse ever since he could reach the pedels.

Have to say a big thankyou to every one involved in bringing this superb mod to us.
Well done hso for another great series and top notch broadcasting, long may it continue.
Back to top Go down
Mark Craggs
Club Driver

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2018-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2018 - 22:42

Richard Coxon wrote:
Absolutely gutted, yeah it's not over yet, but i know how good Grant is when he is on his own.

Thanks to everyone that has race, you've made this a fantastic championship, I hope that you all can join us again for our next Sunday championships.
Without you members, we wouldn't have HSO.

See you all next year, i'm going into hibernation for a short while.

Thanks Richard, it has been an honor. Many thanks to everybody involved here.

Again, many thanks to to Jason, Alberto, Jonatan and Pascal for the excellent race commentaries (watching round 11 now).

As far as the race goes, I was overtaken by everybody at the start for being overly cautious (again). After getting back some of those places I caught the back of what eventually looked like was a 2/3 car battle which I spent a long time attempting to join. Unfortunately the engine blew trying very hard to get there.

Congrats to Grant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]   Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 11 - United States Grand Prix [Dec 9th]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next