Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]

Go down 
+26
Martin Lacina
Grant Riddall
Thiago Canola
Mark Craggs
Mick Chapman
Brian Janik
Jonatan Acerclinth
Petr Hlavac
Richard Wilks
Yves Plaçais
Dave Miller
David Jundt
Jason Fitch
Austin Johnson
Steve Parker
Bruno Chacon
Gérard Ryon
David Jaques
David Sabre
Raymond Riddall
Timo Vermeersch
Juha Bos
Jason Whited
Michal Janak
Pascal Mikula
Richard Coxon
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2018 - 4:00

David Jaques wrote:
Dr. C. Berman got me some "duex duex duex's" before the race (thanks J.W. for the referral) 

lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2018 - 7:37

Grant Riddall wrote:
However, Pascal, your a great driver, quick and I actually enjoy racing against you. But you NEED to stop using people as barriers. You NEED to understand when to make a move and NEED to know when to back out of one. Your so quick to judge other people but maybe taking a step back and reviewing your own races may just be beneficial to you. I’m not perfect by any means what so ever... but after recent races with you I’m literally starting to avoid you at all costs during the race.

Take this as you want, like I said I’m far from perfect... this is just my opinion.
From what I've seen in the race, we went side-by-side through Vialone and suddenly you swerved into me. I didn't change my line, I was looking to the left to make sure you have enough room. Don't know if you oversteered into me suddenly, but the result was a bump in my left side and you losing your front wing.

As to the incident with Jundt, which wasn't really an incident at all, (Gotta love him saying "I just can't trust you Mikula"), he simply goes wide in Lesmo 1 and I keep my line. Didn't touch him at all, didn't even interfere with his driving before he went off. Seriously, how about those people blaming me all the time just take a look and say, Oh yeah I just braked too late there, my mistake? I mean, where was I supposed to go? Was I supposed to stop and wait for Jundt to come back in front? Sure not. 

Where I did mistakes and where I immediatly admitted them was when I misjudged Sabre's braking twice in a row into parabolica, once making contact with him. That was just surprising and I didn't react in time.

However, i'm glad i'm not going to be racing at Mosport simply because i'm not in the mood to have another dnf.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2018 - 10:17

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Unreal battle with both Riddals. Absolutely fantastic stuff. :top:

Grats to Bruno Chacon for the worst example of spoiling the last lap. Ever.

You arrived at me with a line of 3 cars, I had to pick one side. I was still hit by Ray Ridall. It is easy to speak when you do not put yourself in the situation of others.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2018 - 17:05

Austin Johnson wrote:
For some odd reason every time the server switches to race mode I lose my mirrors? I have them on a specific mapped button, works offline but not online. I seem to be the only one with this issue maybe its the graphics driver or something.

Here's a screenshot, no mirrors also the cockpit still loses its anti aliasing or something as it gets all blurry only in online sessions Question  :smil20:

Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 4 20181111

sorry guys for all the weird problems. I think I've tried just about everything to get the mirrors working. I don't want to keep quitting and joining the server as I know it causes lag, so I guess ill have to just sit this one out Sad

Austin, what OS? Win 10?

If so, I ran across some things last night regarding this very issue (I think) and I'm having a similar (yet slightly different issue in rF2, not sure if they are one in the same yet) but if you're on Win 10 and want to try something, I will send you the links I saved last night via DM.

The "fix" seems simple enough to test (just a few clicks away) but I'd rather just send the links if they are in relation to this, so you can go over the discussion before applying anything.

If not on Win 10, just disregard.
Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2018 - 18:52

Great racing with Grant and Petr, clean and fair.

Bruno, sorry for hitting you on the last lap, I thourght there was room to the right but there was'nt.

Well done to Podium and thanks for the broardcast.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018 - 2:54

Jason Whited wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:
For some odd reason every time the server switches to race mode I lose my mirrors? I have them on a specific mapped button, works offline but not online. I seem to be the only one with this issue maybe its the graphics driver or something.

Here's a screenshot, no mirrors also the cockpit still loses its anti aliasing or something as it gets all blurry only in online sessions Question  :smil20:

Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 4 20181111

sorry guys for all the weird problems. I think I've tried just about everything to get the mirrors working. I don't want to keep quitting and joining the server as I know it causes lag, so I guess ill have to just sit this one out Sad

Austin, what OS?  Win 10?

If so, I ran across some things last night regarding this very issue (I think) and I'm having a similar (yet slightly different issue in rF2, not sure if they are one in the same yet) but if you're on Win 10 and want to try something, I will send you the links I saved last night via DM.

The "fix" seems simple enough to test (just a few clicks away) but I'd rather just send the links if they are in relation to this, so you can go over the discussion before applying anything.

If not on Win 10, just disregard.

Yes I'm on windows 10.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018 - 2:55

Did you try pressing the "3" key to get the mirrors in game?
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018 - 11:29

There's one thing I want to say to all slower drivers who get lapped during the race. Please, don't try to move out of the way. Don't change lines. And most importantly, don't slow down. Ever. The best recipe is to keep doing what you're doing. Simply continue in your rythm, be predictable and the faster car will surely find a safe way around you. Obviously, this message goes to Bruno, who tried to move out of the way of faster cars, but his actions very nearly took out the leading duo (can be seen on TV broadcast) and ruined my very last exit from Lesmo2 which cost me the championship point. Slowing down in the racing line is the worst thing you can do, no matter how good your intentions are. Just keep going. It's easy. Please...
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018 - 11:34

Indeed Petr, we have covered that already several times:

http://historicsimracing.123.st/t3792-lapping-being-lapped-advice

Again, when being lapped, better than trying to do something, don't do anything AT ALL if you are unsure, just go racing as usual using your normal line. The quicker car(s) will find their way around you.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018 - 13:43

Austin Johnson wrote:
Yes I'm on windows 10.

I sent you a DM.

Maybe that can help.

Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2018 - 4:46

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Grant Riddall wrote:
However, Pascal, your a great driver, quick and I actually enjoy racing against you. But you NEED to stop using people as barriers. You NEED to understand when to make a move and NEED to know when to back out of one. Your so quick to judge other people but maybe taking a step back and reviewing your own races may just be beneficial to you. I’m not perfect by any means what so ever... but after recent races with you I’m literally starting to avoid you at all costs during the race.

Take this as you want, like I said I’m far from perfect... this is just my opinion.
From what I've seen in the race, we went side-by-side through Vialone and suddenly you swerved into me. I didn't change my line, I was looking to the left to make sure you have enough room. Don't know if you oversteered into me suddenly, but the result was a bump in my left side and you losing your front wing.

As to the incident with Jundt, which wasn't really an incident at all, (Gotta love him saying "I just can't trust you Mikula"), he simply goes wide in Lesmo 1 and I keep my line. Didn't touch him at all, didn't even interfere with his driving before he went off. Seriously, how about those people blaming me all the time just take a look and say, Oh yeah I just braked too late there, my mistake? I mean, where was I supposed to go? Was I supposed to stop and wait for Jundt to come back in front? Sure not. 

Where I did mistakes and where I immediatly admitted them was when I misjudged Sabre's braking twice in a row into parabolica, once making contact with him. That was just surprising and I didn't react in time.

However, i'm glad i'm not going to be racing at Mosport simply because i'm not in the mood to have another dnf.

Hello Pascal! How's going?

I just have few words, advice, I hope you don't take it wrong. Sad

You are really fast, but you just need to learn some racecraft. study
I was checking the replay, and honestly I couldn't find a single situation wheel to wheel battling for position that you didn't make contact with the other car. It compromised you car performance little by little and before you retire your car was reaching 297km/h max. Then you got frustrated, driving the best car, started to overdrive, etc....

Hey, no reason to be upset. That's normal.:top: I learned a lot through the many years racing and I'm still learning with you guys.
You will get there my friend :top:

This is a very good article about racecraft.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-good-racecraft-guide.183891/

Enjoy! Have a nice week!
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2019 - 21:27

Race report is up HERE.

Now up to some Riverside pics, which should complete the Can-Am season. And then on to Mosport and the Glen.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2019 - 22:08

Love it Timo :top:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jan 2019 - 22:13

Richard Coxon wrote:
Love it Timo :top:

Thanks Richard.

Some pics have been added to the Monza-report.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]   Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 9 - Gran Premio d’Italia [Nov 11th]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4