Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]

Go down 
+30
David Jaques
Dave Miller
François Remmen
Jonatan Acerclinth
Yves Plaçais
Guillaume Siebert
Gérard Ryon
Dana Schurer
Charlie Cone
Victor Montenegro
Brian Janik
Pascal Mikula
David Sabre
Alberto Iquino
Alan Forster2
David Jundt
John Thim
Mick Chapman
Adam Hackman
Bruno Chacon
Petr Hlavac
Jacob Fredriksson
Raymond Riddall
Greg DellaCella
Raul Jereb
Steve Parker
Jason Whited
Austin Johnson
Alberto Ibañez
Jason White
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Convidado

Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep 2018 - 18:25

Jason White wrote:
Philippe Henrique wrote:
I don't know why , when my track load after rest the server error appear ''Parn Red texture''

So I reinstall the mod and i comeback with mismath...

Did you start with the "V1.0 from May" link?

Yes I install first may version, after 1.1 and follow sequence Riley fix.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep 2018 - 18:29

If you are getting errors you did not install the mod correctly.  Start over with the links from the Pocono race thread only.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Convidado

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep 2018 - 18:32

Jason White wrote:
If you are getting errors you did not install the mod correctly.  Start over with the links from the Pocono race thread only.

Ok, I create another Rfactor i 'll try the install and comeback the server

Again DANM!!!!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Convidado

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep 2018 - 19:02

1.0 from may download ends in 4minutes, danm I think i'm out Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
John Thim
Club Driver
John Thim

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep 2018 - 19:13

cant rejoin. Join time out!

Go without me. Sry for delaying. Don't know the issue. pale
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thimbro23
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep 2018 - 19:20

oops
creature of habit?
missed start time
sry
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep 2018 - 19:42

Brian Janik wrote:
oops
creature of habit?
missed start time
sry

+1 !

I didn't see the early departure time ! :doh:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Iquino
Club Driver
Alberto Iquino

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2018-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep 2018 - 21:24

I had a very nice battle with you, Gerard, but I crashed at 3rd turn in lap 109.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep 2018 - 22:43

Must apologize to Petr;  I believe a moment I had caused an accordion effect, and when he checked up, someone hit him.   Embarassed  Racing incident, but still,  very sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep 2018 - 22:44

Brian Janik wrote:
oops
creature of habit?
missed start time
sry

Yves Plaçais wrote:

+1 !

I didn't see the early departure time ! :doh:

Got to read the race thread, guys.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep 2018 - 22:50

Looks like I was the only one that had to fuel save and basically give up all positions Sad

Well, at least I finished decently.

Thanks goes to David Jaques once more, he's a hero.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep 2018 - 23:00

I couldn't find any balance with the "Spiffy" new front wing therefore it was back to the old "Shovel" front wing. I managed to qualify in the midfield and thats where I though that my race would be.
I was up to 3rd by half distance and then by use of refuelling under yellow flags I was able to lead the race for a couple of laps. Very Happy Amazing. Very Happy
A lack of straight line speed was a big problem all of the race, I'm not sure if that was due to damage or too much wing. scratch If it was damage it didn't get fixed.
10th place finish, not bad, I was hoping that a few cars would need a splash and dash at the end but nobody did. Sad
An enjoyable race, thanks Jason  :top: , and now to watch the broadcast thanks Jonatan. :top:
Congrats to the top 3 and all of the finishers.
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2018 - 0:55

grats to austin, dominant win yet again! it was fun the couple laps we had dicing with each other, but i was pretty sure it would be short lived. austin "into the sunset" johnson ;P nice win.

shame for jacob, really great pace and just one mistake right at the end.

only thing i wish could be different are the restarts. the "spirit" of the rule is to not have an advantage on the car infront by being at a faster speed when the green comes out, all should be equal speed, go at the same time. i get that the way the pace car sped up and slowed down caused some confusion, but being passed by cars seemingly shot out of a cannon right at the green signal shouldn't be happening. lets race, not try to jump each other on restarts.

smaller potatoes, but just for what its worth... the way we currently do caution pit stops gives an advantage to people who have pit stalls close to the start of pit road. ie. someone with a stall at the far end of pit road has to maintain a slow speed to not pass the pace car for the whole pitlane, guy who is stalled at the start can gun it all the way out. i hate to recommend a pit limit under caution, so i won't, but maybe there is a better way to neutralize this discrepancy.

anyway, really fun, really intense, really long race! grats to all runners, especially the finishers, especially especially johnson and hackman.

best,
dave
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2018 - 5:07

That was a great race guys. I can't believe I won not joking It was no easy feat that is for sure. I had to maintain such a high pace my body is hurting no lie.

Early going the car felt great. I wasn't expecting such pace from everyone. I had to push the car a lot more than I would have liked to and almost ended my race a couple times.

Some weird glitch happend in the second caution where it placed David in first and me in Second. I was like OK right on hahaha.

I also had no damn pit strategy at all as you can see from the stream. I just kinda followed a bunch of others and hoped for the best.

From then I found myself at the back of the pack having to battle back to the front multiple times.

I was clearly going to have to make an off sequence pit stop under green as the rest of the field already had pitted and had tires. Then the most amazing thing ever happend on lap 166......... CAUTION.

The most laps i ran in practice was 30 so there was a glimmer of hope, if I could save a bit of fuel we might have a race here. While sitting in my pit stall I see Jacob fly by I was thinking did he just take 2? I was stunned because you were very strong all day in the pits and on the restarts so i was expecting 4.

Nevertheless the race got goin back green around lap 169 if I remember. I knew I had to save some fuel, how I was going to do that and keep pace I had no idea. Luckily David had a bad stop and was a couple of positions back so I just rode behind Jacob for a few laps to save fuel. David got back to third I knew I had to go all out again but then I was like oh no!

Jacob had a little faster pace than me I couldn't catch him like I thought I would. Trying my best to catch him he made a few mistakes bringing me closer and closer. I got a great run off turn 1 and made a pass down the straight. I knew I had to keep you behind me from there a couple laps later I see a slight bobble in the mirror and into the wall you went.

I was really disappointed that your race ended like that Jacob you were really strong all day keep your head up buddy that was some great driving.

Then I had to keep David behind me while trying to save fuel that seemed impossible. I was really conservative watching the split times as he creeps closer and closer...I was like time to Goo! If I run out of Fuel at least it will be at full speed lol. Got lucky and made it with 1 lap of fuel.  :first:

Lucky caution, Lucky sequence of event's this was anyone's race dont underrate yourselves, I've raced ovals for many years before HSO and for you guys to keep pace so well is a testament to your driving abilities.  

Congrats To David and Adam on the podium. :second:  :third:

Congrats to all the Competitors, Nice driving from everyone! it was a long day.  :flag:  :drink:  :aie:  :frank:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2018 - 8:02

Yep, that was a great race! Before practice, I thought a top 8 would do. After qualifying, I would be happy with a top 5. After half of the race was done, my eyes was all set in winning. A bit gready I know, but I had so much fun fighting with Austin and David, I really wanted to try every trick in the book to get this one. But a couple of wall tags meant I lost a couple of tenths of pace, and I tried a bit too hard. Strategy wise, the race went very well, at Indianapolis going for 2 tyres at every other stop worked well, and it worked well too. So that final caution really screwed me over.

But in the end, not unhappy with how this race ended. I gave it all I had, that's all I can do.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2018 - 8:18

Well, this was a wild ride. Due to lack of practice, I didn't fine tune the car to be decent throughout the whole stint. It was okay with full tank, but i had waaaay to much oversteer with an empty tank. The whole first half of the race was really cool, there was some nice and fair racing and i had a lot of fun. Sadly, shortly after the halfway point, i finally didn't manage to hold the rear end under control, brushed the wall, got a puncture and even got in the way of a faster car, which crashed into me. I'm sorry pale  Than it took three laps to dig myself out of the grass and do some repairs to my battered car. Since then, it was a survival. The car was badly beaten, not competetive anymore and that horrible oversteer got even worse. All I wanted was to bring it home. Eventually, I saw the checquered flag, which is a miracle. Congratulations to the winners :top:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2018 - 8:45

Austin Johnson wrote:

Then the most amazing thing ever happend on lap 166......... CAUTION.

Smile
Like someone was directing the race lol!

Petr, Im very sory I crashed into you, after you lost control and enter my line, I was nothin but passeneger in the car...

I lost speed dramaticly after somebody kicked me in my rear, and could not keep with front as much as I wanted, but P6 finaly is 2/3 of goals.

Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2018 - 8:55

Raul Jereb wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:

Then the most amazing thing ever happend on lap 166......... CAUTION.

Smile
Like someone was directing the race lol!

Petr, Im very sory I crashed into you, after you lost control and enter my line, I was nothin but passeneger in the car...

Oh, it was you. You don't need to apologize at all. The whole situation was caused by me, brushing the wall and causing damage & puncture. It was an unfortunate race incident which involved two cars out of control. If this is what they mean by autonomous cars, than we're in deep trouble 😀 I'm really glad you were able to continue and score a decent finish :top:
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2018 - 8:59

Great race. Great fun. Unfortunately made a mistake in first pitstop where i missed my stand and then did not change any tyres so in the second stint i was a lot slower because condition of the tyres went rapidly down. I losted a second and more per lap. I had to go for new tyres with 60L in the tank during green so i losted a lap and then i didnt get it back. Thanks HSO for organize this event. Congrats podium and especially to Austin.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2018 - 9:06

Petr Hlavac wrote:

Oh, it was you. You don't need to apologize at all. The whole situation was caused by me, brushing the wall and causing damage & puncture. It was an unfortunate race incident which involved two cars out of control. If this is what they mean by autonomous cars, than we're in deep trouble 😀 I'm really glad you were able to  continue and score a decent finish :top:

My fron wing flew to California 500, but the rest of the car remained in good shape. I was just too close behind you, aiming to overtake you since I noticed you were strugling in T2 a lot..

My car was acctualy suprisingly well setup. After mr. White told me with good setup this car should drive like on rails, I tryed to do my best not to look like a clown on the track.. Except hitting you, I was the one that was hit by others, not one mistake (few wall gentle kisses)..

wonderful mod and tracks.. It would be great if we could repeat CART98 again... brings up memories.. and now Im a little bit more confident :cowboy:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2018 - 12:00

Quote :
smaller potatoes, but just for what its worth... the way we currently do caution pit stops gives an advantage to people who have pit stalls close to the start of pit road. ie. someone with a stall at the far end of pit road has to maintain a slow speed to not pass the pace car for the whole pitlane, guy who is stalled at the start can gun it all the way out. i hate to recommend a pit limit under caution, so i won't, but maybe there is a better way to neutralize this discrepancy.

You have a point there, will have to think about a way to solve that though probably a pit speed limit is the only one :hum:

In standard rFactor tracks pit stall 1 is at the start of the pit lane, but we reversed the order so that it is at the end, hence the last pit stall is the first when you enter the pits. The reason we did that is because the SC will stop at pit stall #1 and teleport to its parking place, hence if pit stall #1 is at the beginning of the pit lane the SC will brake sudenly just when entering the pits and all leaders will overtake it before green and suffer a penalty. With pit stall #1 at the end of the pit lane the SC goes at full speed through the pitlane and brakes smoothly at the end, with the field getting the green flag at full speed meanwhile.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2018 - 14:56

I was hoping to finish, especially after such a great fight to try to get into and stay in the top 10. (Well, it was great except that time I came across White's nose...that wasn't cool. Sorry about that, had some rear wing damage after a faster car was apparently caught out by the fact I required less speed in some places. I too was caught out, didn't realize the rear was as affected as it was, car just wouldn't stick.

Tricky, having superior speed in a straight line, but suffering in the corners. I didn't expect that much straight line ability so I spent most of my time trying to cope with that. Probably annoying for some others, but that was the car I was handed and I really tried to give as much space as I could.

It was all for nil though. Ended up with a big fat DNF anyways Sad
The reason...well, Embarassed

Grandpa here decided not to limit his fluid intake prior to this long event. About lap 150 that started to haunt me. Eyes started floating and every lap I was counting the seconds until I could leave the rig and hit the head.

With only a few laps to go, I decided I could wait no longer, entered the pits (had some damage I was conveniently going to get the crew to repair in my away time)....by that time I was squirming like mad, overshot the pit box, backed up but pressing the brake nearly saw me piss myself, so I said hell with it and escaped out. Embarassed :smil20:

:papy:

Grats to Austin on a determined win...and to the podium and all finishers as well. Tough and long battle, but was good to get in some nice lengthy green flag runs this time round.

Had fun, just a damn shame that something so stupid put that big ugly DNF beside name. :bangry:
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2018 - 17:19

David Sabre wrote:
I'm not sure if that was due to damage or too much wing.
Désolé David,j'ai été surpris par ton ralentissement en début de courbe,j'ai percuté le mur,mon amortisseur abimé.Après réparation,je revenais a la 15 ème plaçe.133 ème tours,un tour de trop,panne d'essence :grrr: a 200 mètre du stand.Stupide.
Bravo au podium,et a tous les pilotes qui ont fanchi le :flag:
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2018 - 18:55

just a quicky for now of my recognition of some incidents mentioned......

The utter surprise of at some point finding myself at the pointy end of the field was not matched by me racecraft. First 35 laps was fine, perfect even, as I knew exactly where I was, who was around me....after 1st pitstop, I was all of a sudden in the dark...struggling to take the new names (of those around me, who got better stops, but lesser pace.

On reflection, Raul, I should have not raced you so hard. I think, from passing you easily in the 1st stint, I just had it in my head, if you got ahead again after pit stops, as you did, if I followed, I would loose time. Obviously, it was lost on me, despite my absolute focus, you had better pace relatively.

Anyway (there is a shrouded appology in ther somewhere.) I will address my less favourable moments (those Ihave touched on and others) at a later date, most probably by PM.

future Recipiants of PM.....Raul, Jason Whited, Bruno.......
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2018 - 19:06

......and great broadcast btw.....nicely done...up a level. and a big thanks to everyone who made this happen. (modders, admin, testers etc)

......And, an awsome drive lil' Al...looking for room, absolute spacial awareness, and pace. Like me, the different situations you found your self in after stops may have tested you, But, whatever...top job!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]   Pocono 500 [Sep 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pocono 500 [Sep 16th]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next