Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]

Go down 
+28
Jonatan Acerclinth
Jason White
Bruno Chacon
Karel Marciniszyn
Honza Mild
Alberto Ibañez
Timo Vermeersch
Guillaume Siebert
Grant Riddall
Jacob Fredriksson
Simon Wattman
Raul Jereb
Petr Hlavac
Jason Whited
Adam Hackman
Austin Johnson
Greg DellaCella
David Jaques
Michael Drechsler
Michal Janak
Steve Parker
David Jundt
Yves Plaçais
Brian Janik
Juha Bos
Mick Chapman
Raymond Riddall
Richard Coxon
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018 - 18:34

Thank you very much Jonathan! Smile
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018 - 20:57

pretty sad today, on start someone sleep (and long) so RR overtook me and then when i can go faster i stuck behind him with no room to safely overtake, some times i nearly hit him when brake too early or half spin, after tunel i ease throtle to not be right behind him and to see to chicane, then in half lap i was again behind , but as i try to preapare place to past him o overheat front left or what and in last turn lost left tyre Sad and i didn see mi pit box to take rapair so my 1st race at monaco ah HSO with DNF Sad
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018 - 21:48

Ah, dang it, not much luck for me lately, so again this went down the drain, too.

I surprised my self in qualifying, putting my car into 6th with a time of exactly 2.00.00, and the best ERA on the grid. Not exactly my plan, as with my expected race pace, I was looking at some people harassing me. Start was okay, a bit late on my side, but I lost one position, then another in the following lap, and the first four of five laps, there was really a lot of stuff going on around me, but soon, people started to drop out, and I found myself in a position where I could stick to my plan, which was to go my pace and don't give a thought about anything else. David Jundt in front of me was to fast, the guys behind me were to slow, so I went on and just did my thing, while one after another dropped out and the further the race went on, I found myself in 3rd. So far so good, but then, I did a Frentzen. You know, the guy who was in a promising position during the '00 race and thinking about taking a bit out of his pace, he lost his focus and put his Jordan in the barriers at St. Devote. I was also thinking about readjusting my pace, braked for some odd reason before the chicane, and was a couple of centrimetres to far to the right, hit that track bordering, and there it went. Well, it ain't over 'til its over. Rolling Eyes
I'm pretty annoyed about myself, because up to the point, it went just as planned. I need some kind of moral lift, or at least a hug... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018 - 22:19

Results and points are up.
See you at the Tricky Triangle...  Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018 - 22:31

I died lol!
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018 - 23:02

I had settled for second place when my leg went numb. I couldn't lift in time at the chicane and killed my Maserati. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018 - 23:59

Jam a week's worth of practice into a few chaotic hours this morning.
Get comfortable during quali, find my pace [finally]

Avoid slow car on start...white knuckle grip first few turns.
Feel that I've managed to survive tense action from the start.

Just wanting to get comfortable with traffic, content with following the traffic ahead...
And here we go into the chicane...couple of blips of the throttle to keep the rear in check. Been doing this flat out but can't do that with these cars all jammed together.

Spot exit....slightly touch left hand side barrier, bounce off, eat chicane barrier at right at speed, head on. :urgence:

Wow...didn't even make it a lap. :bangry: :aie:

Grats to those that managed to finish this one.
Thanks for the broadcast, Jonatan! :hello:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jul 2018 - 1:00

I hope you all enjoyed yourself despite the high attrition rate and that you enjoy the broadcast if you watch it, it can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz05BMJ3kak

And in terms of the example of British Humor, here is the one from the show QI if anyone wants to, hopefully, have a laugh :drink:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jul 2018 - 9:27

Lots of fun, but got frustrated that I lost a second in the middle sector on each lap, and eventually binned it. Bummer.
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jul 2018 - 9:55

Great cars, I really enjoy it. Unfortunately I did not have time for practice and I was on Sunday afternoon. Than I was finally to join, just 15 minutes before race ... no matter that, very funny event.

Thank you all who make it happened
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jul 2018 - 13:07

Thanks HSO for this race! Lots of fun with these cars, unfortunately i had bad luck and my engine blow up.

Then I continued watching live broadcast and again i must say great work!!!
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jul 2018 - 19:03

Nice Mick!!! :first:

Good result in the Thailand ERA Bruno!!!
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jul 2018 - 19:53

Happy to get :third: after losing 3 mins getting puncture and repairs fixed,was tough race just keeping concentration,Grats Mick and David and all finishers :top:
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2018 - 2:33

Austin Johnson wrote:
I died lol!

ha, me too man. that dang chicane! had a really fun race for the time it lasted, good racing with u austin and yves. grats mick, nice win!

dave
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2018 - 5:48

David Jaques wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:
I died lol!

ha, me too man.  that dang chicane!   had a really fun race for the time it lasted, good racing with u austin and yves.  grats mick, nice win!

dave

No Doubt! That was the most fun I've had on any sim in a long time. These cars are awesomely shitty :rigol:

Yves and David that was fun. :clap:

Great job Mick :champ:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2018 - 9:49

Unfortunately the races with these cars have abysmal results in terms of finish ratio, so it is unlikely we will be doing more pale I had toyed with the idea of porting this all to AMS for a full 1937 EU championship season next year (5 races: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1937_Grand_Prix_season ) but with 3 cars ending the Bremgarten GP and 5 this Monaco race, I don't want to go through the embarassment of having to cancel a race 25% into it because everyone has crashed. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2018 - 10:03

Austin Johnson wrote:
Yves and David that was fun. :clap:
David Jaques wrote:
good racing with u austin and yves.

Merci à vous, Austin et David, c'était très sympa !
Comme on ne voyait rien dans les rétros, pas facile de rouler en toute sécurité lorsque l'on était très proches !

Dommage, mon moteur n'a pas voulu aller au bout !  

Bravo Mick ! :clap:

et mention spéciale à Bruno pour son premier top 5 de l'année ! :top:
C'était pourtant mal parti :
rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Captur19
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2018 - 17:14

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Unfortunately the races with these cars have abysmal results in terms of finish ratio, so it is unlikely we will be doing more pale I had toyed with the idea of porting this all to AMS for a full 1937 EU championship season next year (5 races: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1937_Grand_Prix_season ) but with 3 cars ending the Bremgarten GP and 5 this Monaco race, I don't want to go through the embarassment of having to cancel a race 25% into it because everyone has crashed. Rolling Eyes

I would hope, that the guys and gals would take it a bit easier when it came to an actual season, as opposed to an open race like this, where not everyone is vying for the Gold Cup. The idea of a full season in these cars sounds VERY appealing.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2018 - 17:19

You mean with the small class or the GP ones? We had thought about the big guns :cowboy2:
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2018 - 17:29

Why not Both?

Either way, these cars are fun to drive and require a totally different mindset to be fast with.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2018 - 18:05

I think the issue is twofold: Tracks with a lot of butt clenchers and basically no room once you got a little astray, and  cars which are a real pleasure to drive as long as you keep it within their limits, but becoming pretty unforgivable once you put them a wee bit over the limit. I always found it very difficult to fetch a slipping wheel back to expected running order, once I had it spinning or locking up. No good idea when the next wall or tree is rapidly nearing your car. These cars need a complete different style of driving I suppose most of us are not used to. It took me a while to accept the car is not neccessarily getting faster with fuel being burned off.

Another thought that occured to me concerning the tight limits of the cars is whether the engine can actually accurately represent the physics. Road surfaces back then were a whole lot different, often also including gravel, and I have some doubts about the rF engine being able to take that into account.

I was considering trying to model an Amilcar and a Delage to enhance the voiturette field Wink
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2018 - 23:09

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

Luck must be on my side lol! i have finished both races Razz a season with both cars would be great :top:
Back to top Go down
Sam Smith
Rookie
Sam Smith

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2017-03-14

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2018 - 0:15

Please don't throw away that idea Alberto. I'm still planning on taking time off work to run these cars with you guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinshedracing.com
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2018 - 1:26

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

both of these races were at tracks that were very unforgiving, but that was the motto of the day back then. it would certainly require a bit of an adjustment for everyone to adapt to a style to get these to the finish. it is certainly a challenge to make the swap in mindset for a single event. Even that, i practiced a lot for monaco, pretty certain i could do the 50laps solo with no issues, it was the practice with others in close proximity that i was missing during the week. for a full season i think most would be able to adjust and pull it off. but, what about another possibility......

instead of races, what about a hillclimb/hotlap/timetrail season? could use it as an extra series and just let it run all week, people could put in runs when then have time. i dont know, just throwing out ideas.

i do like the older cars, would love to see them in some capacity.

best,
dave
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2018 - 1:40

Good point, if it hadn't spread out pretty quick, I'd probably also been gone by lap 10 or so. Early in the race, I was actually driving over my limit trying to keep up respectively not being in anyone's way. I attribute my brain fade that caused my crash to exhaustion due to the demanding nature of these cars.
Maybe some shorter 30 to 60 minutes races would also be a way to go. I also like the idea of hillclimbs Smile

I also miss the Wednesday events *hint hint* :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]   rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rFactor - I Coupe de Prince Rainier 1936 [July 15th]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next