Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jari Bruppacher
Club Driver

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 17:05

It says you cannot use more than 280 gallons of fuel, which is 1059.92 liters. In the garage, you can fuel up to 151 liters. 700 percent of that is 1057 liters. So is the limit 1057 or 1059.92 liters we can use?

2017 HSO 1988 Indianapolis 500 winner
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 14074
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 17:11

We will be going by 700% of onboard capacity.

Racing Legend

Number of posts : 14074
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 17:21

Jason White wrote:
Live stream link for today's race:

https://youtu.be/OJMTgQEiFjU

Also, live telemetry can be found here:

http://internationalsimracingorganisation.liveracers.com/Live/?server=Historic%20Simracing%20GStar

Bump

Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 17:25

Jason White wrote:
We will be going by 700% of onboard capacity.

Okay, yeah I just saw, that the car is actually filled to 151.4 liters in the garage, so it seems to be okay.

Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 19:35

I cannot join into the race

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 19:41

Another waste of time,grid starting moving then stopped again and my engine died all of 2 yards in race :grrr:

Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 19:43

Tenths hours of preparation and engine died imediatelly after the start when many dummies has to confuse everybody that they didn see anybody any finally they continued in race with no problem. I didnt know if its the race or joke or somethink else so that i forgot for shifting.

Last edited by Martin Lacina on Sun 20 May 2018 - 20:14; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 19:49

Half the field says there are no other cars on the Grid, so we keep rolling!??!

This entire month has had me questioning why I do this shit, it's not worth the stress it causes.....maybe I need to take a break...this is utterly ridiculous.

"You need to grab a hold of that line between Speed and Chaos and you need to wrestle it to the ground like a Demon Cobra!"
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 19:52

Jason Fitch wrote:
Half the field says there are no other cars on the Grid, so we keep rolling!??!

This entire month has had me questioning why I do this shit, it's not worth the stress it causes.....maybe I need to take a break...this is utterly ridiculous.

affraid :grrr: Really dont understand what was that?

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 20:05

Absolutely classic HSO/USAC/Indy cluster-fuck! The game WILL NOT do 3-wide starts, and that is the ONLY reason we can't have caution flags!

So, with warping, lag, contrived start procedures, "historical accuracy" and all the other shit, we totally shit-can the spirit of the race. The ONLY decent start we have had here was the postponed race last year in the '88s, when admins gave up on the 3-wide bullshit, left cautions on, and let rFactor do its thing.

For the Indy 500 being the "crown jewel" of the HSO Summer Season, this is the most poorly executed, fucked-up race HSO sanctions!

As he walked by, he whispered, "A hawk has really stiff lips." Right now, Revson has some pretty stiff lips, himself. -- Leon Mandel
Back to top Go down
Jari Bruppacher
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 20:24

Bit of chaos at the start but got through well, eventhogh I almost spun off when my car got suddenly loose out of the corner. The car wasn't really fast but it had good handling up until lap 40-something when without a warning the rear came around out of turn 3. Thought I had saved it but then lost the car again and came up the track, unfortunately taking out Thiago with me (my appologies man). Luckily the others could avoid me. Shame, but I guess at least I can now watch real life Indy qualifying. Hope I get another chance at winning next year.

Back to top Go down
Dana Schurer
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 20:33

Suspension damage on both outside corners from completely unnecessary car-on-car lateral contact had me half a second off the pace by quarter distance so I parked it.Mad  No fun wrestling the car for hours just to get a few Gold Star points. Sad

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 20:43

Jari Bruppacher wrote:
Bit of chaos at the start but got through well, eventhogh I almost spun off when my car got suddenly loose out of the corner. The car wasn't really fast but it had good handling up until lap 40-something when without a warning the rear came around out of turn 3. Thought I had saved it but then lost the car again and came up the track, unfortunately taking out Thiago with me (my appologies man). Luckily the others could avoid me. Shame, but I guess at least I can now watch real life Indy qualifying. Hope I get another chance at winning next year.

Hey Jari, no problems dude.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 854
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 21:03

Good luck guys.

Last edited by Timo Vermeersch on Sun 20 May 2018 - 21:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1285
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 21:05

I cant say anything about historical accuracy and problems that it could cause.. For me it was all ok at the start, though, when multiple reports for a problem occure, my thinking is that it is better to restart than to force an confused start, and complex like this one.. However, I beg for full course yellows next year, my mind is just not set to drive 200 laps with no break, however anoying those can be..

Thank you very much for organising this, its a pain in the ass, I surely hope you (admins) have any satisfaction with it..

my race went to hell after I kissed to wall. french way... too bad.. I had great dance with Bos and co..

thanks again, all

Last edited by Raul Jereb on Sun 20 May 2018 - 22:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 21:13

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:
when many dummies has to confuse everybody that they didn see anybody any finally they continued in race with no problem. I didnt know if its the race or joke or somethink else so that i forgot for shifting.

I think a good bunch of those dummies had the courtesy of waiting 30 minutes on a sunday evening, not so long ago, when you had some Zandvoort-issues. Just saying :chinois:

Timo

Heh. It was not mine issue Timo. Remember. It was an Automobilista bug. Just saying.

Number of posts : 854
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 21:33

Martin Lacina wrote:
Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:
when many dummies has to confuse everybody that they didn see anybody any finally they continued in race with no problem. I didnt know if its the race or joke or somethink else so that i forgot for shifting.

I think a good bunch of those dummies had the courtesy of waiting 30 minutes on a sunday evening, not so long ago, when you had some Zandvoort-issues. Just saying :chinois:

Timo

Heh. It was not mine issue Timo. Remember. It was an Automobilista bug. Just saying.

Apologies. You are 100% right. Sincere apologies.

Pro Driver

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 22:06

Dana Schurer wrote:
Suspension damage on both outside corners from completely unnecessary car-on-car lateral contact had me half a second off the pace by quarter distance so I parked it.Mad  No fun wrestling the car for hours just to get a few Gold Star points. Sad

You damaged my car too when running into me in turn 3. Not that it mattered much because I crashed it on lap 170.

Pro Driver

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 22:31

No F*cking comment on this race.

rFactor's oh so great repair system throws me into a 62s pit stop, practically making me lose all positions I had in the end. And yes, I turned damage repair off even though I touched the wall. Idk why it decided to screw me, but it did.

Next to that, I also second lots of things Scott said. It was a mess, but at least we got it going.

And the fact that I went into winner's circle at the end had a meaning. A strong one. 

Rage

2016 1000km of Kyalami Winner! 
2017 Grand Prix of Italy Winner! 
2018 Indianapolis 500 Pole Position Winner! 
2018 Indianapolis 500 "Most screwed driver in the field"  :top: Rage

Last edited by Pascal Mikula on Sun 20 May 2018 - 22:42; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/GrandPrixracer100
Jason Whited
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 22:31

:doh:

Took this underpowered pos all the way to P12 at one point.
Ran low wings, conservative gearing, still ended up having to do a 7th stop. Was guessing that the >1 gallon that was still in the tank each stop (just shy of making 1 additional lap each time) was the cause. Did some quick math, guessed at how much I needed, went with it.

..not that it mattered, botched that...slid past the pit box, reverse, throttle, BOOM, over revved and dead :bangry:

Too bad about the fact we can't seem to run cautions without it taking 5-6 hours. Car was a pos but I probably could have done some actual racing had there been something here and there to bunch us back up. Green to green runs this long on ovals feel weird.

No less, it was fun prepping for this..thanks for all the work involved in making it happen.

Grats up front (have to look at the results later, I Rage so it'll have to wait a few :hihi: )

Racing Legend

Number of posts : 2261
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 22:33

Other cars flash-disappeared and re-appeared, then it was fine when 3/4 of the first formation lap was completed, so I carefully re-took my starting position.

Ran as high as 6th before puncturing my rear right tyre while trying to keep up with Adam, then forgot to turn off damage repair twice :doh:

In the end, I finished where I started - P15.

I had fun, but I admit, not everything worked well tonight Sad

Martin: "That's a replay Murray, he's not even in the race anymore."

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jacob Fredriksson
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 22:35

Lots of strong feelings I see. That's Indy for ya.

I had my best Indy 500 on HSO.

Racing Legend

Number of posts : 14357
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 22:38

Scott Urick wrote:
Absolutely classic HSO/USAC/Indy cluster-fuck! The game WILL NOT do 3-wide starts, and that is the ONLY reason we can't have caution flags!

So, with warping, lag, contrived start procedures, "historical accuracy" and all the other shit, we totally shit-can the spirit of the race. The ONLY decent start we have had here was the postponed race last year in the '88s, when admins gave up on the 3-wide bullshit, left cautions on, and let rFactor do its thing.

For the Indy 500 being the "crown jewel" of the HSO Summer Season, this is the most poorly executed, fucked-up race HSO sanctions!

We dont have cautions because the 1970s pacer light system can't be replicated. The 2 wide vs 3 wide thing is different, but the problem is mostly with rfactor coping with 33 cars on the start.

Anyway, we will be having full course yellows and normal 2 wide starts at Pocono and Ontario, so let's move on. And then you will be able to bitch about the bugged rfactor yellows, weird penalties etc. Rolling Eyes

My own race was quite appaling, never had the pace this month (My mother in law being in hospital the last 1.5 weeks and us taking care of her in turns did not help at all either, as race prep was almost zero) then slightly bruised the wall and that cost me 69 seconds in repairs as I forgot to disable them. That threw me off the top 10 and the rest of the race was about crawling back to 10th position, mostly running alone and without the benefit of a tow.

Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 13585
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 22:39

Scott Urick wrote:

Cheers, there is the door, walk through it if you are that unhappy with the way we run things. Neutral

Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 4195
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   Sun 20 May 2018 - 22:45

Thanks to everyone involved in organising the race, it was top notch. :top:

Congratulations to Austin. :clap:

A great race and the driving standards seemed very good from my seat. :top:

I hit the pitwall at a pitstop and that caused me to have a 62 second stop. Rolling Eyes

I should have had a top 10 finish but I'm happy to finish 12th. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]   

Back to top Go down

Indianapolis 500 [May 20th]
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next