Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]

Go down 
+33
Brian Janik
Greg Hunt
Richard Wilks
Thiago Canola
Philippe Martinelli
Richard Coxon
Grant Riddall
Petr Hlavac
David Jundt
Peter Blom
Raymond Riddall
François Remmen
Yves Plaçais
Florkin Marc
Jan Kowalski
Jacob Fredriksson
Gérard Ryon
Martin Lacina
Juha Bos
Austin Johnson
Jason Fitch
Dana Schurer
Gabriel Sterr
Rossetti Paolo
Michal Janak
Jonatan Acerclinth
Steve Parker
David Sabre
Timo Vermeersch
Pascal Mikula
Raul Jereb
Alberto Ibañez
Jason White
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 7 May 2018 - 15:53

Martin Lacina wrote:
Yesterday i was surprised how many times i spent in the pit when the race started. I was waiting for the green but when the whole grid was in the middle of the track the red light was still there. Finally i started during the red light because it seems to me not normal. Is it normal than the driver who started from the pits waited so long?

Both rFactor and AMS work on the basis that when the last car had past through the end of the first sector, the light changes green I believe.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 7 May 2018 - 15:57

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:
Yesterday i was surprised how many times i spent in the pit when the race started. I was waiting for the green but when the whole grid was in the middle of the track the red light was still there. Finally i started during the red light because it seems to me not normal. Is it normal than the driver who started from the pits waited so long?

Yeah, usually the pit exit opens a minute or so after the race starts, idk how long you waited before you went though

Sent from Topic'it App

Hmm. In that case is generally nonsense to start the race. :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 7 May 2018 - 16:23

I should have given you the green flag right after the last car passed the pit exit Martin, since the race was run with no rules you would have not had any penalty. By the time I had decided to give you green flag you already were jumping the red light. Sorry, I also thought same as you the light would green quicker  :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 7 May 2018 - 17:22

:grrr: :doh: 45 ème tours,dans le Rob Slotemaker-bocht (https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Slotemaker),Je perd le controle de la Ferrari,je percute la cloture,roue avant droite arrachée.Terminer. J'étais confiant, j'espérais terminer. Sad
Thank you,the direct broadcast,HoooooooooooGod. :top:
Bravo au podium et aux finisseurs. :clap:
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 7 May 2018 - 23:03

Juha Bos wrote:
Business as usual, I crashed again. Rolling Eyes

Me too once again. I'll probably havo to wait until the Nordschleife in order to have enough speed to come to points. I am always good there Surprised

Also qualifying only 22nd is an all time low for me at HSO :champ:

My old Surtees feels outdated :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 8 May 2018 - 7:17

Qualified 4th, wasn't disappointed at all about that. I actually impressed myself with my lap there! :D
The race was quite a thing too, I got away better than the Surtees in front of me initially, but because of the lack of space I couldn't overtake him before turn 1 because I had to back off the throttle in order to not hit him.
Then a few laps of holding the field up with my careful driving, then Yves managed to divebomb me and he was past. 
Then, after a few spins at the same exact place, a nice little duel between me and Austin Johnson and yet another spin while trying to catch Petr Hlavac, I finally finished back where I started, and I'm not disappointed at all. However, I was kicking myself hard after my last spin because I was thinking to myself, "God dammit, you could've gotten that pesky McLaren!" lol! 

All in all, that was a worthy one-off for me!
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 8 May 2018 - 9:30

Peter Blom wrote:

You get the new TS9 in France in the Hands of Derek Bell. :top: No more excuses lol!
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 8 May 2018 - 10:17

Richard Coxon wrote:
Peter Blom wrote:

You get the new TS9 in France in the Hands of Derek Bell. :top: No more excuses lol!

Oiiiiiiiii didnt knew that!!!! Do I have the TS9 then for the rest of the season? cheers

I'll do more prep for France then :banane:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 8 May 2018 - 10:30

Peter Blom wrote:
Richard Coxon wrote:
Peter Blom wrote:

Oiiiiiiiii didnt knew that!!!! Do I have the TS9 then for the rest of the season? cheers

Yes, it is yours for the season now, John has been building it especially for you in the Paul Ricard pits.
Here is "Jenks" reporting on it in the 1971 August issue of Motorsport Magazine.

Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Surtee12
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 8 May 2018 - 11:06

The Matra will go well on the long straight Very Happy but the the twisty bits will be a challenge. A chance for Yves to get a home victory. I can't seem to find my Kyalami form. scratch
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 8 May 2018 - 11:13

Depends if Ford gives Jackie that secret engine :antoine:
Ferrari claims it is a 3.5L Razz

For the Matra's, you best hope they don't replicate real life where the struggled for power, speed and handling Neutral
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 8 May 2018 - 11:16

Richard Coxon wrote:
For the Matra's, you best hope they don't replicate real life where the struggled for power, speed and handling Neutral
I certainly struggled for power, speed and handling at Zandvoort.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 8 May 2018 - 11:21

David Sabre wrote:
The Matra will go well on the long straight Very Happy  but the the twisty bits will be a challenge. A chance for Yves to get a home victory. I can't seem to find my Kyalami form. scratch

Paul-Ricard, in all it's former glory, was about 80% straight line Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 8 May 2018 - 11:35

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Paul-Ricard, in all it's former glory, was about 80% straight line Laughing Laughing
Only the back straight can be classed as a straight, the start finish straight is preceded by a slow corner therefore the corner exit is more important than the straight. A lot of the track is slow corners. Mad
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 8 May 2018 - 12:11

Quote :
A lot of the track is slow corners

Well I guess that settles your strategy. Block everybody in the twisty section with the width of your car, and fly away at the straights with the power of the V12 :D
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 8 May 2018 - 13:18

David Sabre wrote:
Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Only the back straight can be classed as a straight, the start finish straight is preceded by a slow corner therefore the corner exit is more important than the straight. A lot of the track is slow corners. Mad

Now there is stuff for a nice debate in report-form :D
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 8 May 2018 - 17:58

that strategy would work but only if they took off that 100extra kg lump of bricks of my car :aie:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 8 May 2018 - 18:12

François Remmen wrote:
that strategy would work but only if they took off that 100extra kg lump of bricks of my car :aie:

A good workman never blames his tools Wink If Hlavac can, then you can.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 8 May 2018 - 19:42

David Sabre wrote:
A chance for Yves to get a home victory.

Hahahahahah  :D , c'est gentil, David, mais je pense aujourd'hui uniquement à ne pas rajouter quelques soupapes supplémentaires aux quelques dizaines qui trônent dans mon armoire de trophée virtuelle !

Finir une course sera déjà une réelle victoire !

et, pourtant à Zandvoort, j'y croyais : pas de surrégime, pas ou peu de vitesses ratées, mais ça n'a pas suffi.... en fait, je ne sais pas trop quoi faire... :hum:
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 8 May 2018 - 21:33

Richard Coxon wrote:
Peter Blom wrote:
Richard Coxon wrote:
Peter Blom wrote:

Yes, it is yours for the season now, John has been building it especially for you in the Paul Ricard pits.
Here is "Jenks" reporting on it in the 1971 August issue of Motorsport Magazine.

Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Surtee12

:clap:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 8 May 2018 - 21:45

One of them was the t-car then, I assume?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 9 May 2018 - 6:26

There is nothing that says it was a T car, the car was built but not raced or tested. Maybe it wasn't 100% ready I'm not sure. The car was ready for the British GP, where yes it was meant to be a T car, but Derek Bell, who was given the TS7 to drive originally, somehow convinced John to let him try it in practice. As a result John let him drive it in the race.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 9 May 2018 - 12:35

I meant Matra, not Surtees... as it says Matra brought three cars to Le Castellet, I am guessing one of them was the spare car.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 9 May 2018 - 20:07

Pascal Mikula wrote:
However, I was kicking myself hard after my last spin because I was thinking to myself, "God dammit, you could've gotten that pesky McLaren!" lol! 

I had to push REALLY hard for some 20 laps and trust me, I was determined to keep you behind, no matter what :cowboy2:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 9 May 2018 - 20:13

David Jundt wrote:
I meant Matra, not Surtees... as it says Matra brought three cars to Le Castellet, I am guessing one of them was the spare car.
It also says Surtees had 3, hence me thinking that, and the fact we was talking about them. But yes most of the teams took 3 cars. Usually 2 71 spec cars and a 70 spec car, but Matra was obviously lucky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]   Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Grote Prijs van Nederland [May 6th]
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next