HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 14357
Age : 45
Location : Valencia - Spain
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Wed 2 May 2018 - 22:06

Quote :
2mph faster than 2nd and 4mph faster than 3rd.

Offenhausers were qualifying with a hand tied on the back, i.e. only 80 inches of boost as per USAC rules in Qualy, limited by a sealed pop-off valve. On that boost the Foyt gave some 25 HP more - and it was a good chassis. Once in the race, boost was free and Offys could up it some more to be on par with the Foyt, though only as much as to be able to average 1.8 mpg because there was a total fuel cap of 280 litres for the whole race. Which we will be replicating also  drunken

I am sure that Austin or Dana would be well under 47 seconds with the Coyote, so keep digging Pascal  :D

_________________
"There are two kind of oval racers, those who have hit the wall and those who will hit it" - Mario Andretti

Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Pro Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 719
Age : 17
Location : Berlin
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Wed 2 May 2018 - 22:14

David Sabre wrote:
Pascal Mikula wrote:
David Sabre wrote:
https://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/events/indy500/history/historical-stats/race-stats/starting-grids/1974

I saw that qualifying speed too! I looked it up on Wikipedia and I'm completely baffled that I'm under 0.2 mph slower than AJ Foyt on the 10-mile run! :O  Shocked affraid
It is AJ though.
2mph faster than 2nd and 4mph faster than 3rd.

I had a real bad third lap where I basically missed my line in 3 out of 4 corners. Wonder how fast I'd have been if I had hit all my marks..  scratch scratch

Anyway, as requested by Mr. White, here's a lil video:



Alberto Ibanez wrote:
280 liters

LITERS? 
You sure you don't mean gallons? :D 
(280 gal @ 500 miles = 1.78 mpg)

_________________


2016 1000km of Kyalami Winner! 
2017 Grand Prix of Italy Winner! 
2018 Indianapolis 500 Pole Position Winner! 
2018 Indianapolis 500 "Most screwed driver in the field"  :top: Rage
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/GrandPrixracer100
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 14357
Age : 45
Location : Valencia - Spain
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Wed 2 May 2018 - 22:26

Gallons yes  :doh:

Liters only for the Coyote  :hihi:

_________________
"There are two kind of oval racers, those who have hit the wall and those who will hit it" - Mario Andretti

Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Pro Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 719
Age : 17
Location : Berlin
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Wed 2 May 2018 - 22:27

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Gallons yes  :doh:

Liters only for the Coyote  :hihi:


_________________


2016 1000km of Kyalami Winner! 
2017 Grand Prix of Italy Winner! 
2018 Indianapolis 500 Pole Position Winner! 
2018 Indianapolis 500 "Most screwed driver in the field"  :top: Rage
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/GrandPrixracer100
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 14357
Age : 45
Location : Valencia - Spain
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Wed 2 May 2018 - 22:32

lol!

A hint for everybody when developing the race setup ... be sure you average 1.8 mpg - or you will not make it  study Wink


That's 5,24 litres per lap unless I'm mistaken, and close to 29 laps per full tank.

_________________
"There are two kind of oval racers, those who have hit the wall and those who will hit it" - Mario Andretti

Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Pro Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 719
Age : 17
Location : Berlin
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Wed 2 May 2018 - 23:42

:jp:
Spoiler:
 

_________________


2016 1000km of Kyalami Winner! 
2017 Grand Prix of Italy Winner! 
2018 Indianapolis 500 Pole Position Winner! 
2018 Indianapolis 500 "Most screwed driver in the field"  :top: Rage
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/GrandPrixracer100
brunomiranda
Rookie


Number of posts : 4
Age : 28
Location : Rio de Janeiro
Registration date : 2017-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Thu 3 May 2018 - 0:12

Hello, everyone,



Hi friends of HSO, I would like to request the car RasCar Atlanta 74 for the Indy500 1974. Very good to see them again!
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 520
Age : 38
Location : Frankfort, IN Home of the Hot Dogs!
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Thu 3 May 2018 - 0:26


I was not aware it was possible to limit fuel in rFactor?

_________________


"You need to grab a hold of that line between Speed and Chaos and you need to wrestle it to the ground like a Demon Cobra!"
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 14357
Age : 45
Location : Valencia - Spain
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Thu 3 May 2018 - 8:03

Quote :
I was not aware it was possible to limit fuel in rFactor?

It is not, but you can limit pit stops and DQ those who take more fuel than allowed. Race will be limited to 6 fuel pit stops, and whoever does more than that we will check the export to see if he loaded fuel. So you can always stop to repair damage or for new tires, but you will only be able to refuel 6 times.

_________________
"There are two kind of oval racers, those who have hit the wall and those who will hit it" - Mario Andretti

Back to top Go down
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 228
Age : 52
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Thu 3 May 2018 - 12:23

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
lol!

A hint for everybody when developing the race setup ... be sure you average 1.8 mpg - or you will not make it  study Wink


That's 5,24 litres per lap unless I'm mistaken, and close to 29 laps per full tank.

Where's my Fiat Panda Diesel?

_________________
Elvis had a McLaren, too!

As he walked by, he whispered, "A hawk has really stiff lips." Right now, Revson has some pretty stiff lips, himself. -- Leon Mandel
Back to top Go down
Jari Bruppacher
Club Driver


Number of posts : 88
Age : 28
Location : Switzerland
Registration date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Thu 3 May 2018 - 14:58

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
I was not aware it was possible to limit fuel in rFactor?

It is not, but you can limit pit stops and DQ those who take more fuel than allowed. Race will be limited to 6 fuel pit stops, and whoever does more than that we will check the export to see if he loaded fuel. So you can always stop to repair damage or for new tires, but you will only be able to refuel 6 times.

What is the reason for this rule?

_________________


2017 HSO 1988 Indianapolis 500 winner
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 14074
Age : 41
Location : Ferndale, MI USA
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Thu 3 May 2018 - 15:00

Jari Bruppacher wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
I was not aware it was possible to limit fuel in rFactor?

It is not, but you can limit pit stops and DQ those who take more fuel than allowed. Race will be limited to 6 fuel pit stops, and whoever does more than that we will check the export to see if he loaded fuel. So you can always stop to repair damage or for new tires, but you will only be able to refuel 6 times.

What is the reason for this rule?

We are simulating the fuel limits that USAC imposed at the time.

_________________
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jari Bruppacher
Club Driver


Number of posts : 88
Age : 28
Location : Switzerland
Registration date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Thu 3 May 2018 - 15:02

Jason White wrote:
Jari Bruppacher wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
I was not aware it was possible to limit fuel in rFactor?

It is not, but you can limit pit stops and DQ those who take more fuel than allowed. Race will be limited to 6 fuel pit stops, and whoever does more than that we will check the export to see if he loaded fuel. So you can always stop to repair damage or for new tires, but you will only be able to refuel 6 times.

What is the reason for this rule?

We are simulating the fuel limits that USAC imposed at the time.

Ah okay, but wouldn't it be possible to calculate the entire fuel usage from the export files, not just the pitstops?

_________________


2017 HSO 1988 Indianapolis 500 winner
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 14074
Age : 41
Location : Ferndale, MI USA
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Thu 3 May 2018 - 15:03

Jari Bruppacher wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Jari Bruppacher wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
I was not aware it was possible to limit fuel in rFactor?

It is not, but you can limit pit stops and DQ those who take more fuel than allowed. Race will be limited to 6 fuel pit stops, and whoever does more than that we will check the export to see if he loaded fuel. So you can always stop to repair damage or for new tires, but you will only be able to refuel 6 times.

What is the reason for this rule?

We are simulating the fuel limits that USAC imposed at the time.

Ah okay, but wouldn't it be possible to calculate the entire fuel usage from the export files, not just the pitstops?

We will be checking export files post race.

_________________
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Philippe Henrique
Experienced Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 237
Age : 27
Location : Brazil
Registration date : 2015-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Thu 3 May 2018 - 17:32

I can change to Eagle 59? scratch

_________________
''Evil Phil''


Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 14074
Age : 41
Location : Ferndale, MI USA
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Thu 3 May 2018 - 17:35

Philippe Henrique wrote:
I can change to Eagle 59?  scratch

Sure  :top:

_________________
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 1794
Age : 59
Location : England uk
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Thu 3 May 2018 - 21:08

Can i switch to the #86

_________________


Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 14074
Age : 41
Location : Ferndale, MI USA
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Thu 3 May 2018 - 21:45

Steve Parker wrote:
Can i switch to the #86

Ok :top:

_________________
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 228
Age : 52
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Fri 4 May 2018 - 9:29

Jason White wrote:
Jari Bruppacher wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Jari Bruppacher wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
I was not aware it was possible to limit fuel in rFactor?

It is not, but you can limit pit stops and DQ those who take more fuel than allowed. Race will be limited to 6 fuel pit stops, and whoever does more than that we will check the export to see if he loaded fuel. So you can always stop to repair damage or for new tires, but you will only be able to refuel 6 times.

What is the reason for this rule?

We are simulating the fuel limits that USAC imposed at the time.

Ah okay, but wouldn't it be possible to calculate the entire fuel usage from the export files, not just the pitstops?

We will be checking export files post race.

Jari is onto what I was thinking about. So I repeat the question:

Ah okay, but wouldn't it be possible to calculate the entire fuel usage from the export files, not just the pitstops? As in someone short fuels a couple times for whatever reason. (Granted, not an advantage, but still . . . . )

I think what Jari would like to know: Are we merely counting number of times refueled or gallons taken?

_________________
Elvis had a McLaren, too!

As he walked by, he whispered, "A hawk has really stiff lips." Right now, Revson has some pretty stiff lips, himself. -- Leon Mandel
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 13585
Age : 31
Location : Sheffield, England
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Fri 4 May 2018 - 10:08

Number of times refuelled. That is the only way we can check through the XML's. It's basically the same method we used to calculate the WEC 82 series.

_________________

Back to top Go down
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 228
Age : 52
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Fri 4 May 2018 - 13:03

Richard Coxon wrote:
Number of times refuelled. That is the only way we can check through the XML's. It's basically the same method we used to calculate the WEC 82 series.

Then, since we can't reliably monitor fuel used, we should forego the limit. Just like we can't have cautions because we can't replicate the "pacer lights".

Likewise the 3-wide start! Or we'll be running this thing in July. Again.

_________________
Elvis had a McLaren, too!

As he walked by, he whispered, "A hawk has really stiff lips." Right now, Revson has some pretty stiff lips, himself. -- Leon Mandel
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 14074
Age : 41
Location : Ferndale, MI USA
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Fri 4 May 2018 - 14:02

Scott Urick wrote:
since we can't reliably monitor fuel used, we should forego the limit.

Not true.  The XML data includes fuel tank percentages, so one can monitor the amount of fuel taken on during a race.

BTW, as we have made clear several times now, the way the league is run is NOT up for debate in the public forum; if you have a point to raise in that regard, please do so via a PM.

_________________
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 228
Age : 52
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Fri 4 May 2018 - 15:08

Thank you for the former. That answers my question.

And I apologize for all else. Embarassed

_________________
Elvis had a McLaren, too!

As he walked by, he whispered, "A hawk has really stiff lips." Right now, Revson has some pretty stiff lips, himself. -- Leon Mandel
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Pro Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 728
Age : 31
Location : Belgium
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Fri 4 May 2018 - 18:52

Oh Pascaaaal... :hihi:

Pascal Mikula wrote:
:jp:
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

Thanks to David Jaques for his help and patience, couldn't have done it without him.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Pascal Mikula
Pro Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 719
Age : 17
Location : Berlin
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   Fri 4 May 2018 - 19:34

Juha Bos wrote:
Oh Pascaaaal... :hihi:

Pascal Mikula wrote:
:jp:
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

Thanks to David Jaques for his help and patience, couldn't have done it without him.

Since you needed help from like the best driver here (imo) to beat me by a whole 0.005s I don't see it as too much of a surprise Neutral

_________________


2016 1000km of Kyalami Winner! 
2017 Grand Prix of Italy Winner! 
2018 Indianapolis 500 Pole Position Winner! 
2018 Indianapolis 500 "Most screwed driver in the field"  :top: Rage
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/GrandPrixracer100
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]   

Back to top Go down
 
Indianapolis 500 Time Trials [May 13th]
Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Diane Schuler Was Drunk and High at the Time of the Crash That Killed 8
» Seeking one time donations or ongoing relationship for my twins!
» Dig a waste of time
» London is over ...and it's about time too!!
» 16 WEEKS TURN AROUND TIME - DISABILITY AWARD APPLICATION - QUESTION

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: HSO Open Events-
Jump to: