Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]

Go down 
+32
Jean-Marie Placais
Petr Hlavac
David Jundt
Brian Janik
Matthias Weber
Michal Janak
Christian Dauger
Scott Urick
Raymond Riddall
Bruno Chacon
Grant Riddall
Mick Chapman
Adam Hackman
Gérard Ryon
Pascal Mikula
Gabriel Sterr
Alberto Ibañez
Timo Vermeersch
Martin Lacina
Dana Schurer
Raul Jereb
Michael Drechsler
Jason Whited
Juha Bos
Jason Fitch
David Sabre
Steve Parker
Jonatan Acerclinth
Yves Plaçais
Dave Miller
Pascal Kalide
Jason White
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2018 - 14:28

Grant Riddall wrote:
That was crap for me

Pace lap my FFB decided to not work. Couldn't control the car without it so decided for everyone elses safety to pull over. Would of ended in tears otherwise

EDIT: Also apologies to Mazarri as I nearly collided with you down the back straight and then actually did collide with you a lap later, Wasn't expecting you to brake so hard but I should of been cautious, Sorry !

Grant you can assign a button to reset FFB,then it will work ok,i have had same as you but just press reset FFB and it comes back :top:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2018 - 14:36

Steve Parker wrote:
Grant Riddall wrote:
That was crap for me

Pace lap my FFB decided to not work. Couldn't control the car without it so decided for everyone elses safety to pull over. Would of ended in tears otherwise

EDIT: Also apologies to Mazarri as I nearly collided with you down the back straight and then actually did collide with you a lap later, Wasn't expecting you to brake so hard but I should of been cautious, Sorry !

Grant you can assign a button to reset FFB,then it will work ok,i have had same as you but just press reset FFB and it comes back :top:

I had the same problem with my wheel and Reset FFB doesn't cut it there as the whole wheel in my case just reset itself - that's why I had to restart my rFactor and my Logitech Profiler. Maybe that was Grant's Problem..maybe it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2018 - 15:23

Echoing the appreciation of the broadcast. Great job, as always, guys! Very enjoyable to watch while winding down after the race.

Good racing and a lot of courtesy from those being lapped yesterday. Thanks to all!

I struggled more prepping for this race than I had all season. Wasn't until Saturday night that I was able to finally find the pace of similar machines. Before that, I was all over the place and wondering how the heck I was going to manage to even finish.

Probably one of the toughest races I've ever done online, including long stint endurance races. Was absolutely brutal, physically. The car was a monster that did not want to be tamed and I wrestled it (literally) almost every single lap of the race. Never a moment of comfort.
Watch the broadcast and the car looks fairly stable on film...inside the car it was another story Shocked

Had a few troubles of my own, but mostly just mowing some grass. Managed to keep it nice and clean besides a slow T bone of a car that spun in front of me (nowhere to go, no time to go there)...slight front end damage but didn't seem to effect much (like I could tell...fighting the car was fighting the car, hard to say if it felt "off" after the damage, it was "off" the entire time!)

Amazed that I managed to hold on to P6, though if I'd had the car in line I think P5 was a realistic goal. (Good drive, Adam..very consistent in comparison to myself)

Grats to David on the win! Hell of a drive!
And to the podium as well.

Lot of fun and a good feeling of accomplishment in completing that one.
Looking forward to the next round, though I'm ready to park the car for a few before moving on with it. Not sure I could handle that beast at this time.

:yaa:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2018 - 16:15

Well..insane race for me. The Lola T163 is a shitbox in qualifying, but a dream in race!

First off, I must say, I should probably keep using the race setup for qualifying. It's completely baffling me but then again, less setup stuff to work on.

Then, qualifying itself.
I was very close behind Dana, so I was going out for another quick run and got the tires up really quick. On my fast lap though, shortly before the end, as I was about 2/10s faster than Dana, Grant in his Shadow decided he wanted to pass me and well.. ended in my car going off. So that was that. 16th isn't that bad a starting spot though.

Race.
Good start, race-long battle with Juha Bos and Brian Janik.
I only had a few incidents in the race, so I think I did quite well with the handling. However on one lap I braked too late and locked the rear when I shifted down and that ended in the big spin and crash at the end of the backstretch..
Then I had a few ones with Brian Janik, most notable the one in the Carousel, where I touched him slightly but his car just spun off wildly somehow. My sincere apologies for that, but I must say he's been damn aggressive after that. I mean honestly it could've done without me having had to fear a blue M6 going up my butt every other corner.
However, the incident I cursed most at was in the last lap. Juha and Brian behind me into T1, Brian hits my rear and I needed the best of my car control to keep it turning the way I wanted it to turn. (Not impressed by that move, tbh, but then again..)
Then, Juha came through and my car swerved to the left and pushed him into one of these concrete hay bales. He made it home on three wheels but damn, that was a bad one.. So I apologize for hitting Juha there, but I'd still say it started with Brian's very aggressive driving at that point.

All in all, I'm glad I finished 10th. Should've been 9th but whatever. Grats to DJ for the win and I'm looking forward to climbing into my beloved shitbox again! :conduit:
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2018 - 16:37

Very tough race for me yesterday. I didnt fight so much with to opponens around me but mainly with the pain in my back. It started in the middle of the race and continued toward the finish so i losted totally a concentration and i counldn't keep my pace with David and Yves. Finally im very happy with a podium. After a long time finally a bit satisfaction for me. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Adam Hackman
Club Driver
Adam Hackman

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2015-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2018 - 17:57

Jason Whited wrote:
Echoing the appreciation of the broadcast.  Great job, as always, guys!  Very enjoyable to watch while winding down after the race.

Good racing and a lot of courtesy from those being lapped yesterday.  Thanks to all!

I struggled more prepping for this race than I had all season.  Wasn't until Saturday night that I was able to finally find the pace of similar machines.  Before that, I was all over the place and wondering how the heck I was going to manage to even finish.  

Probably one of the toughest races I've ever done online, including long stint endurance races.  Was absolutely brutal, physically.  The car was a monster that did not want to be tamed and I wrestled it (literally) almost every single lap of the race.  Never a moment of comfort.
Watch the broadcast and the car looks fairly stable on film...inside the car it was another story Shocked

Had a few troubles of my own, but mostly just mowing some grass.  Managed to keep it nice and clean besides a slow T bone of a car that spun in front of me (nowhere to go, no time to go there)...slight front end damage but didn't seem to effect much (like I could tell...fighting the car was fighting the car, hard to say if it felt "off" after the damage, it was "off" the entire time!)

Amazed that I managed to hold on to P6, though if I'd had the car in line I think P5 was a realistic goal.  (Good drive, Adam..very consistent in comparison to myself)

Grats to David on the win!  Hell of a drive!
And to the podium as well.

Lot of fun and a good feeling of accomplishment in completing that one.
Looking forward to the next round, though I'm ready to park the car for a few before moving on with it.  Not sure I could handle that beast at this time.

:yaa:  

Hey thanks! I remember at least one instance where you sure did catch me in a hurry though!

Very glad to get a top 5 this Round after three blown engines in a row. I really worked on my driving/shifting style to make sure I would make it to the end this time.

On to the month of May...
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2018 - 19:15

Steve Parker wrote:
Grant Riddall wrote:
That was crap for me

Yeah I have that hot keyed. However my down fall was using a different FFB setting for this event and as soon I pressed the key I realised it wasn’t my usual ffb wheel config so knew I was screwed
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2018 - 19:42

Do you have the RealFeel-Plugin installed? If that one decides to quit, the FFB reset hotkey does nuffin. Ask me how I know... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sterr
Club Driver
Gabriel Sterr

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2018-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2018 - 19:43

Grats David, that must have been a wild drive!
I am watching the broadcast right now and I must say it's really entertaining as always. Thanks guys!

I knew from testing that my car is faster around this track with the additional aero package. Unfortunately said aero package adds downforce mainly in front, making the car unbalanced. Therefore I struggled quite a bit yesterday and only managed to find a rhythm half way through the race.

Until that happened, I was cutting some grass as well! Managed to keep it in one piece and bring home some points still. Thanks to all for a good race and good racecraft during all the lappings active and passive!

Well, onto the next one! I think Road America will suit me a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Filippo Marazzi
Club Driver
Filippo Marazzi

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2018 - 21:56

Good qualifying for me, at least one second better than I thought, obtained in a few laps. lol!
I had a good start and during the first laps I could stay close to Timo and in front of many "red cars".
Then I had a little spin so Bruno and Pascal K. passed me. A few laps battling with Jason F., then the worst part of my race, on lap 10 Grant reached me and Jason but he forgot that we were much slower than him and Yves...he spun. At lap 11 Grant is again on our tails...he forgot once again to overpass us slower, he tried to brake, but this time he hit my car, that got damaged on the rear. So no chances for me to return on Bruno or Pascal. The remainig part of my race was a long battle against Jason F. paying attention to the fastest cars lapping me many times. :flag: 15th place was not so bad Very Happy

I apologize to Juha for a spin I had on turn 1, and to Adam for a spin in the last laps, I had trying to avoid Bruno

Grats to all finisher!!

Amazing broadcast once again :clap:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2018 - 22:06

No problem Filippo. I had a lot more spins all by myself, one more didn't make much of a difference. :D

The final lap collision with Pascal was a sad end to a great evening, although I was lucky the car still had 3 wheels and an engine to drag it to the line.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2018 - 4:54

Pascal Mikula wrote:

Then I had a few ones with Brian Janik, most notable the one in the Carousel, where I touched him slightly but his car just spun off wildly somehow. My sincere apologies for that, but I must say he's been damn aggressive after that. I mean honestly it could've done without me having had to fear a blue M6 going up my butt every other corner.
However, the incident I cursed most at was in the last lap. Juha and Brian behind me into T1, Brian hits my rear and I needed the best of my car control to keep it turning the way I wanted it to turn. (Not impressed by that move, tbh, but then again..)

Pascal, you are aware that you punted me off the track not once, but twice? (Not impressed by either move, tbh, but then again..) Razz  I'm not too proud of my 4th and final pass on you, but you set a precedent which required me to re-calibrate what is acceptable. The "damn aggressive" driving up until that moment resulted in 2 love taps, just because i've missed you Laughing Shame it went down like that, but congrats on finishing, and in the points. Welcome back... Entertainment is never far away.

Sorry to see Juha get pinballed, you deserved a points finish.
Good patient drive by Mick Chapman, managed to stay out of trouble despite being in the middle of the tussle for many laps!
Mega congrats to D Jundt!!! Always in the hunt, this time, masterfully worked his back through the field to take the win. Epic comeback
Respect also to Yves, Martin and all that finished, this was a tough one.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2018 - 17:30

Report is up here.
Back to top Go down
Dave Miller
Experienced Driver
Dave Miller

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2018 - 23:31

Great Write Up and race Timo, Well done Very Happy

Though Mrs Dave is planning a trip to Belgium Shocked
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 8:12

Dave Miller wrote:

Thanks Dave.

If Mrs Dave needs tips on what is whorthwhile seeing Belgianside, or on restaurants or something, just ask.

Cheers,

Timo
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 20:42

The picture where I pass Yves says "Sabre" wrong David lol!

Nice read, it's a bit strange racing "Tony Dean" himself Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 20:43

Grant Riddall wrote:
Congrats David, that was some drive cheers

I am gonna call it "doing a Grant" :D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 23:01

David Jundt wrote:
The picture where I pass Yves says "Sabre" wrong David lol!

Fixed.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
Scott Urick

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 1 May 2018 - 11:33

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Dave Miller wrote:

Thanks Dave.

If Mrs Dave needs tips on what is whorthwhile seeing Belgianside, or on restaurants or something, just ask.

Cheers,

Timo

Don't do it, Dave! If he takes as much print to get to his recommendations as he did this race report, she'll miss her flight home. :langue:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 1 May 2018 - 12:33

Scott Urick wrote:
Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Dave Miller wrote:

Thanks Dave.

Cheers,

Timo

Don't do it, Dave! If he takes as much print to get to his recommendations as he did this race report, she'll miss her flight home. :langue:

Starting to catch on to the Belgian way of thinking Scott? :champ: :champ:
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 1 May 2018 - 12:40

Food-wise, you can't go wrong with the next fritture Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]   Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 5 - Mid-Ohio [Apr 22nd]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4