Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]

Go down 
+18
Brian Janik
Jacob Fredriksson
Michal Janak
Scott Urick
Jason Fitch
Mick Chapman
David Jaques
Juha Bos
Steve Parker
Raymond Riddall
Grant Riddall
Raul Jereb
Yves Plaçais
Dave Miller
Jason Whited
Alberto Ibañez
Austin Johnson
Jason White
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 19:21

Philippe Henrique wrote:
Can I use the #10?

ok
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Ryan Sampsell
Rookie
Ryan Sampsell

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2017-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 19:55

I can't run I'm all over the place
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 20:40

Apologies for the no show. I woke up this morning about 6 or 7 with a Massive Headache. Took some Ibuprofen and went back to bed, I finally rolled out of bed about 3:30.

Doubt I would've lasted very long anyways.
Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 20:43

Sorry guys, had to quit, did not enjoy driving these cars at all.

Very frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 21:18

Bummed!

Showed up an hour later than I thought. Pretty frazzled driving. annoyed about google interpretation of CET

Sorry about the rubbin' Dave, had a run thought I'd stick the nose in, and you left me room... my lack of comfort in the car showed, and could not stay left enough. Maybe I should have got on the gas to steer a bit, but instead I panicked into a over-corrected DNF.
Glad you kept it goin, last I saw you were 4th. :top:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 21:46

First time in the Jag, couldn't believe how slippery it was! Didn't get a groove in until the race, and then early on I was caught up in an unfortunate incident with Raymond. Very sorry about that. After that, the car was bent and I could only hang on for a lap or two more.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 21:53

hah, great result after i hardly thinking about give up and race on other league today, but finaly stay in Jaguar and after initial problems in opening laps i found some tempo and in 2nd half long battle for 5th place to finish line with Petr Hlavac, happy that i keep with him in same car, :banane:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 22:23

What a race! First, just as the last stone stopped on Czechoslovak Curling Open tournament in Bratislava, i left the team behind, run to my car and drove 120km to Brno rather quickly (i hope i wont get a speeding ticket). I arrived at 20:20, only to find out that we'll run the AMS version, not the old rFactor i knew. So it took 15 minutes to download the car and track and additional 10 minutes to upgrade AMS. That left me with 20 minutes to figure everything out. In the end, it wasn't enough and i started second to last. Those first laps in the race were bad, too, as i made several mistakes and found myself dead last. But then it all started to be hell of fun. I knew I was pushing too hard for those tyres, but it was paying off. Passed several cars, even thought I might fight for third. But that's when my left rear started to give up. Michal chased me down and the rest is history. There was absolutely nothing left of my LR tyre, i was basically hanging for the dear life, but somehow i kept Michal behind.

I'm really glad that the guys in commentary booth had a good time. Let's organize another race with these cars and we'll give you more fun Wink

Grats to podium finishers, thanks to Michal. And big Thank You to Jason who made me aware of the available car on Saturday evening :drink:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 23:02

only appology to Petr for hit, at end, i was left as possible, braked hardly but he moved from right to left just before my car nose, but then it was 1:1 lol! , he call me just after race and all is OK, one of the greatest battle for me here and with my old friend from my city :champ:
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 23:24

What a fun race. Im in love with these gentle beasts. Was able to find a rythem early on and hold it to the finish. Great job to all the finishers. The tires fall off so fast its a challenge that's for sure!
Thanks HSO for another one. Hope to see you guys next Sunday!
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 23:44

Got caught out with the locked setup after my first laps of quali, as did others. Of course, I just had to be playing Mr. Experimental about that time so I was slapping myself when I reentered the garage and realized that.

Spent the rest of quali and the warmup trying to adjust.
The car was well enough, until the tires overcooked a time or two and then it was slip slide city with a sprinkle of front end snapping on correction for good measure. Few laps like that and it was near uncontrollable trying to be fast.

Ran well enough for a while and managed to be gifted P3 for a while. Knew that wouldn't last, was nursing the tires. Steve caught me, I just let him go, no use trying to hold him off knowing what I knew about the tires.

Dave started to catch me as well...I started pushing, a bit too hard. Ended up overshooting a braking point, mowing some grass, nearly beaching the car on some curbing. Was happy when I came to a rest on the curbing, even more happy when I was able to pull away.
Not so happy when I realized I lost two more spots in the process and they were quickly pulling away.

Started seeing some red (the worst kind...just pissed at myself for the stupid mistake) so of course then it's mistake after mistake...not good on the overcooked tires. Found some wall eventually. :aie:

Could have probably nursed it home but figured it best to call it a day before I got in the way. Car was getting to that unpredictable, uncontrollable (especially with red in the eyes) point so I didn't risk it.

Well done to finishers, certainly a challenging combo today.
Grats to Austin on the commanding win.

And thanks to the broadcast team for another fun time after the race watching that recording. :clap:

Fun stuff watching Michal and Petr battle at the end there. Entertaining, for sure! :champ:

:hello:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 10:38

Great fun in these cars :clap: i had bad first lap of race spinning twice on cold tires and dropped to last place :doh: 2 slow laps before the start i could not get any heat into the tires,but once they got up to temp i set about making up lost time and places,this made the race more fun managed to get back into third and my tires were still ok at end unlike some others that were struggling with worn rears,Grats to Austin for great win :top:
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 15:18

these cars are very tough to drive, but so rewarding when you find the right balance between taking it easy and pushing. can only ask so much from them before they say "NO" ;P

was a lonely race for me, but really happy with the result. austin, great job, you were gone from the start, i knew i couldn't catch you on pace so i tried to to start saving tires early, but still didnt save enough and LR was completely dead by the end.

hopefully we get to race these again, they take a bit of getting used to, but some really good potential for great racing!

best,
dave
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 19:21

one thing i must say, the mirrors in AMS (mods we drive to this point) are totaly useles, side mirrors wrong distance, or very bad resolution or too dark (jaguar) that nothing saw in them, and wirtual mirror i laying too, in Jaguar cars looke like too far and then like under my bumper, i have mapped buttons for seat adjustmen which i RF works for mirrors too but here athey are not making anything, so in battles cant belive into them
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 1 May 2018 - 0:14

Brian Janik wrote:
annoyed about google interpretation of CET

i have had issue with this to, something to do with daylight saving vs. not. much better to convert to

PARIS time instead of CET to get an accurate time.

Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 1 May 2018 - 9:44

David Jaques wrote:
Brian Janik wrote:
annoyed about google interpretation of CET

i have had issue with this to, something to do with daylight saving vs. not.  much better to convert to

PARIS time instead of CET to get an accurate time.

you can add an extra timezone on your windows clock(bottom right of task bar) far easier way of doing it :top:
1 Right click the clock select Adjust date/time
2 then click add clocks for different time zones right side of settings
3 click the additional clocks tab and select what you want and tick the box with show this clock :D
then when you put mouse cursor over the clock it will show all the timezones you selected :top:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 1 May 2018 - 12:15

watched livecoverage, superb work :top: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 3108518133

i play final 5 laps repetedly 3 times, moments to remember Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 1 May 2018 - 12:40

Yep, an awesome coverage :top:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]   Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jaguar Silverstone [Apr 29th]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4