Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]

Go down 
+31
David Jaques
Jari Bruppacher
Brian Janik
Greg Hunt
Philippe Martinelli
Timo Vermeersch
Michal Janak
François Remmen
Richard Wilks
David Jundt
Raymond Riddall
Gérard Ryon
Florkin Marc
Yves Plaçais
Jason Whited
Grant Riddall
Raul Jereb
Jonatan Acerclinth
Alberto Ibañez
Petr Hlavac
Peter Blom
David Sabre
Juha Bos
Jan Kowalski
Jacob Fredriksson
Martin Lacina
Steve Parker
Jason Fitch
Mick Chapman
Austin Johnson
Jason White
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Apr 2018 - 19:19

System reinstalled. Tried different version of graphic drivers but the problem with dropping of FPS is still there. Finally i tried to set Vsync and i could drive with full field AI 5 lap race without any major problem. FPS sometimes drops from 60 to 50 but not to 1 so i hope that in online it will work the same.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 0:18

Pro tip: If you crash, like I just did, and fly off into the water, make sure you escape out asap.

Didn't realize the menu came up when I hit escape, was tumbling faster and faster and did not exit to monitor.

1226 kmh. :first:

:bangry: That's about the time my pc locked up and AMS froze. Couldn't get out, had to restart the pc. :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 2:16

Yes, if you go for a swim, you need to exit ASAP, you will be DQ'd if you hang out in the ether for too long.
Back to top Go down
Convidado

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 6:31

I decide to free the Siffert automobilies, because I have to study today. Other race I try again.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 9:03

Philippe Henrique wrote:
I decide to free the Siffert automobilies, because I have to study today. Other race I try again.

OK, the car is now available first come, first serve.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 9:44

track limits,

many times i got sign exceeded track limits, IMO on this track nobody can take any advantage on any place, only what is gain are some breakage to car when hit curbs or unintentionally went to the sidewalk and brush the wall, it will be hard race but i dont belive now i can finish more than 10 laps at all with such a unpredictable and lack of rear grip car like this
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 10:32

Thanks for the Surtees guys.

Will do my best to take good care of it.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 11:43

Can I take the #53 March`?
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 12:40

Hehe. I think today i have found out what cause my problem with the fps lag. Collision of other cars!! When somebody hardlz collide even on the opposite side of the track my fps drops down to 5 or less. Its the same lag when i crashed. And obviously im not alone who has this problem. So any chance to be without lag is to not hitting barriers so you all be carefully.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 13:01

Martin Lacina wrote:
Hehe. I think today i have found out what cause my problem with the fps lag. Collision of other cars!! When somebody hardlz collide even on the opposite side of the track my fps drops down to 5 or less. Its the same lag when i crashed. And obviously im not alone who has this problem. So any chance to be without lag is to not hitting barriers so you all be carefully.

Yeap.
There is definitely something wrong with the AMS collision detection system. It's not just this mod, or mod content in general either. Happens even with all base content.
Been having this same issue in the '74 Porsche RSR series that the league I and another operate hosted.
Two cars ahead would bump doors and literally everyone, no matter where they were on the track would have momentary lag. You could watch the ping of every single person in the server jump to crazy numbers, then it would all subside seconds later. Not just cars hitting each other either. It's anything they hit....another car, barrier, even the grass sometimes.
It became a pattern...and I chalked it up to the mod, or the skins we created for it, or that we altered the SRS file to include more cars than the mod originally allowed for.

However, after 50 or so AMS races at RD, many of them in all base content, I've found that it happens just about every race at some point, even in purely base content.

It's been pointed out at the Reiza forum.
Problem is, I'm not sure anyone has run a trace with only base content (AMS does not officially support modding, so running a trace without all base content is useless if one wants them to look into it) and even if they did, I'm not sure Reiza is interested in fixing it at this point as they are supposedly working on a new project.
That said, there is word a patch is coming soon. For what, I don't know. But fingers crossed it's got something to do with fixing that. It's really annoying and has caused me to reconsider highlighting AMS as the "featured sim" for that league.

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 13:09

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Can I take the #53 March`?

Ok
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 13:17

Martin Lacina wrote:
Does reducing the number of visible cars help?
I know that its not an ideal thing to do at Monaco but it could reduce the number of lags that you get.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 13:22

DAvid, it is not solution, it is something with debris or heavy smoke which is there in this mod present in every lap behind all cars, so reducing visible cars is not helpin , one or 2 visible after crash generate same problem
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 13:38

It's the collision detection. Reducing visible cars does nothing.
You actually don't even have to be near a car for it to happen.

For instance, the other night my league is racing...we're already spread out.
Two cars ahead of me bump and some rubberbanding occurs (cars looking like they are moving in weird ways across the track, off into the grass, then suddenly back on...sort of like a replay glitch will appear)

At literally the same moment someone that is on the other side of the track says they just had a huge stutter. Others in various places on track confirm it happened to them too...all at the same time.
I switch the vehicle labels on to look and everyone's ping is sky high. Stutter, flickering cars, rubberbanding...then suddenly all back to normal.
Happens time and time again and always the same pattern.

It's like it momentarily bottlenecks the server...that's what it seems like. I think the high ping is just what we are visibly seeing when that happens, a side effect of the "bottleneck" I guess.

If you hop over to Reiza you can see in the technical help section a thread titled "Disappearing cars on multiplayer" or something to that effect.
Reiza recommended dropping the max data per client to 64 (256 is default).....and though the thread creator says they "think" it helped, they admit they did not recreate the conditions fully because they didn't have enough drivers since the issue to do so properly.

For us, changing max data per client to 64 solved absolutely nothing.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 14:03

David Sabre wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:
Does reducing the number of visible cars help?
I know that its not an ideal thing to do at Monaco but it could reduce the number of lags that you get.

I have 18 visible cars but on server were is 5 drivers and someone crash somewhere brings lag for me even if the drivers is on the opposite side of the track. I cannot imagine how does this will looks with full grid at the evening.
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 14:49

was Just Austin and myself the other night,and we both had lag when there was a crash,i have tried every setting there is and nothing cures it,so race will be a lottery of where you are on the circuit when there is a crash,just pray your not entering the chicane at the time lol! :urgence:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 14:55

Steve Parker wrote:
was Just Austin and myself the other night,and we both had lag when there was a crash,i have tried every setting there is and nothing cures it,so race will be a lottery of where you are on the circuit when there is a crash,just pray your not entering the chicane at the time lol! :urgence:

Je ressort mon smiley spécial "Monaco" ! Laughing
Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Ko10
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 14:59

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Steve Parker wrote:

:D :clap:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 15:03

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Steve Parker wrote:

:clap:
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 15:04

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Steve Parker wrote:

:rigol:

Need that face attached to the smiley riding the horse, and all would be complete. :yaa:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 15:30

Does the lag happen even when its a small crash and all of the cars parts are contained within the race track.
Or does it happen when parts (wheels etc.) go flying over the barriers.

I'm thinking that it could be caused by parts or cars falling out of the drivable track and into space.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 15:35

Jason Whited wrote:
Need that face attached to the smiley riding the horse, and all would be complete.  :yaa:

Ask and ye shall receive

Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 L97BQ8
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 15:38

David Sabre wrote:
Does the lag happen even when its a small crash and all of the cars parts are contained within the race track.

I'm thinking that it could be caused by parts or cars falling out of the drivable track and into space.

To me it happens even if small parts, like the front of a car is ripped off or sometimes even when I just spin and touch the wall barely
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 15:45

David Sabre wrote:

We can test it but i think mainly it happen when crashed in the chicane. Smaller crash when wheels stays on track was ok i think.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2018 - 15:46

David Sabre wrote:

Parts don't have to fly off.
I'm certain that it's happened many times without any parts actually falling off the cars.  Even a car running off in the grass, kicking up dirt can cause it (and I don't mean because of the dirt flying..this "lag" will happen across the board, to everyone at the exact same moment, even if/when they are very far from said action)

No idea if this will help and I lack the technical abilities beyond putting 2 and 2 together on this issue, but a guy that races in my league sent me this...
Quote :

Checking AI stuff, I discovered the following:

AI to AI Collision Rate="60" // Detection rate per second (1-40) for AI-to-AI collisions

I know that is for the AI but what's interesting is that it's set to 60 while the legend says 1 to 40. I dropped mine to 40 as it is a know clock tick sucker... it's already heavy at 40. In rFactor it's at 20.

I'll be looking at what AMS uses for Collision Detection between live players.

That was the other day and he has not responded with a follow up yet.
Could be useless as it does deal with AI, like he said...but, perhaps someone here might make use of it.

Last edited by Jason Whited on Sun 8 Apr 2018 - 15:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next