Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.

Go down 
+13
Timo Vermeersch
David Jundt
Sky Willis
Michael Drechsler
Scott Urick
Austin Johnson
Jason White
Jason Fitch
David Sabre
Jason Whited
Juha Bos
Jukka Närhi
Alberto Ibañez
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Willis
Club Driver
Sky Willis

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2016-07-02

Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jan 2018 - 22:53

a minor thing i just noticed: my hotlaps have a different m6b down from the one i was using for the edmonton and riverside lap times. its saying barrett racing instead of midwest.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jan 2018 - 22:58

When you crash the front of the Siffert Porsche, the mirrors and the dashboard will hover in the air. Should the mirrors come off from the bodywork aswell or not?

As for the dash, I thought there'd be at least some piece of body left for it to stay on when you rip the nose off.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jan 2018 - 11:22

I added to the first post Austin's fantastic walk-through, so that it is easy to find Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jan 2018 - 18:30

The only glitch I found till now are the AI. They are erratic at every track I drove till now.

But I guess that's because the mod is aimed at online use?

Timo
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jan 2018 - 18:45

David Jundt wrote:
As for the dash, I thought there'd be at least some piece of body left for it to stay on when you rip the nose off.

If you lost the nose piece of any open cockpit space frame Porsche racecar, like the CanAm-917s, there wasn't much in front of the dashboard, which in itself was fastened to the tube frame...

Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 P917_10frame

...excuse the dodgy, distorted pic, I photographed it from a book. But is should illustrate the point.

Mirrors are a different matter, thoug.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jan 2018 - 18:58

Michael Drechsler wrote:
David Jundt wrote:

If you lost the nose piece of any open cockpit space frame Porsche racecar, like the CanAm-917s, there wasn't much in front of the dashboard, which in itself was fastened to the tube frame...

...excuse the dodgy, distorted pic, I photographed it from a book. But is should illustrate the point.

Mirrors are a different matter, thoug.

Sure, but the dashboard literally hovers mid-air, not being attached to anything, not even below it.

It looks a bit strange :hihi:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jan 2018 - 19:54

The Porsche dash touches the frame at each end although I think that there should be a support bar across underneath the dash as in the Porsche PA.
917/10
Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Image210

917PA
Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Image310

I don't know if there's time to fix it, or a real need to fix it. :hum:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jan 2018 - 20:55

Juha Bos wrote:
There is something wrong with the buttons for setting the mirrors up on the McLaren M8B, M8E, BRM P154 (I know we're not using it) and the Shadow.

You can add the P167 to the list. When driving in cockpit view, the rear view mirror only turns left downwards. If you want it to turn right, you're looking at the sky.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jan 2018 - 21:32

The March revcounter is not calibrated correctly.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2018 - 6:51

I just tried the mod for 4 hours and I had issues, mainly driving wise (the fella behind the wheel issues, I think) but I did run into one bug I believe.

I tried to load the Carl A Haas Racing Team (High downforce), can't remember which team it is now, but I had 3 textures failing to load and as such had a temporary car in the pits.

On another note, sorry if it has been replied with before, but does anyone have a good Rotation/Lock combo for these cars that I could try.

I've played around with it for the past 4 hours and only found the car to either understeer or snap oversteer when trying to do something about it.

I usually run 200-ish degrees of rotation and no FFB (Racing in RL makes FFB feel very awkward as it's never telling me anything about the car) and that is a massive no-no. Tried 460 rotation and it understeered even more. The best combo I found was 400 rotation with 15 lock. It still has the same issues driving whise but that's the best I could find...

Is the same issues happening to anyone else or am I doing something fatally wrong to have it happen to me every time I go out on track? Embarassed scratch
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2018 - 9:53

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:

On another note, sorry if it has been replied with before, but does anyone have a good Rotation/Lock combo for these cars that I could try.

I use 380° rotation and 15 lock. Slightly higher lock 17-18 on the Porsches.

Works ok for me.

Hope this helps.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2018 - 10:05

360º and 15º for me, gets cars around tight corners well and is precise enough at high speeds.

Your problem with understeer/snap oversteer seems to me related to your driving. Have a look at Austin's video, these cars are rigged for traction at corner exit so you have to release brakes earlier, allow the nose to go up and bite, and coast into the corner smoothly. If you give gas too soon they will understeer outwards until the front bites and then you get snap oversteer.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2018 - 10:42

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
I tried to load the Carl A Haas Racing Team (High downforce), can't remember which team it is now, but I had 3 textures failing to load and as such had a temporary car in the pits.
I've just tested the #1 Lola offline and I didn't have loading problems. scratch
If you test it again please note the exact error message that you get.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2018 - 10:44

Maybe it's a matter of the detail level?

That, or the mod is wrongly installed.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2018 - 12:08

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
360º and 15º for me, gets cars around tight corners well and is precise enough at high speeds.

Your problem with understeer/snap oversteer seems to me related to your driving. Have a look at Austin's video, these cars are rigged for traction at corner exit so you have to release brakes earlier, allow the nose to go up and bite, and coast into the corner smoothly. If you give gas too soon they will understeer outwards until the front bites and then you get snap oversteer.
Ah, that explains that I suppose...

I expect them to be looser so I expect myself to be able to turn them partly with the gas (see F178 style) but I see where you're coming from. Will try driving them like the FWD I drive IRL and see if I can come off any better.

In regards to the texture failure, I'll have a look at it and see if it could be related to either details level (set to otimal in the RF Config but will check the in-game settings.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2018 - 13:05

The Texture Failure is down to Own Detail settings.

I have to run it on Full to be able to load that particular car.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2018 - 13:26

Thanks I will look into it. What a Face

The Lola T260 currently has an issue when using low detail levels. I think that I have a fix for it but to save us from having lots of little update files I will group a bunch of updates together. In the meantime don't use Low details settings for cars.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2018 - 18:02

I've used 320° and 12-13 steering lock, but I did ask about suitable settings before, since I wasn't sure if my settings would recreate a "realistic feel" to handle these cars.

As rF1 has no in-game adjustment to steering rotation, setting it freely to max. 900° on my G27 probably wouldn't be a clever idea?

The in-game steering wheel rotation is also set to 320°, since it would feel awkward for me if it didn't turn like I do.

I also had to turn the movable arms off, because if you turn in very hard, it feels as if the driver himself moves into a 90° ("horizontally") position in relation to the car/track.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2018 - 20:20

The driver's arms remain visible in the Shadow, regardless which upgrade you choose.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2018 - 21:28

Juha Bos wrote:
The driver's arms remain visible in the Shadow, regardless which upgrade you choose.
It works ok for me. scratch
The steering wheel is still visible but no arms.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2018 - 21:36

The upgrades will only work if you buy the car first Juha, check that.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2018 - 21:49

Sorry David. I had bought the car, but it does help when I actually install the upgrade. :doh:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Jan 2018 - 0:15

I think the rollbar upgrade of the McLaren M8D is glitchy. All three models seem to flicker between chrome and black painted rollbars it seems.

EDIT: Same with the M8B.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Jan 2018 - 0:25

David Jundt wrote:
I think the rollbar upgrade of the McLaren M8D is glitchy. All three models seem to flicker between chrome and black painted rollbars it seems.

EDIT: Same with the M8B.

Does it happen in the spinner and on track, or just in the spinner?
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Jan 2018 - 1:36

Apparently it only happens on the spinner, so I guess it's not that much of an issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.   Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next