IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 14129
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 18:11

If you mean will there be a broadcast, then no.

Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 18:57

just a heads up, was doing some pitstop testing and at least the stall it gave me was in the center of pitlane. (like the dead center not left or right side)

if everyone is down the middle would it make sense to request entry on one side and exit on the other for a more orderly system? or just take it easy and be careful everyone?

best,
dave

Number of posts : 2272
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 19:01

Jason White wrote:
If you mean will there be a broadcast, then no.

Well, that's a shame I guess.

But who knows how many cars will be left by the halfway point Razz

Martin: "That's a replay Murray, he's not even in the race anymore."

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jason White
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 19:15

Quote :

• David Jaques

just a heads up, was doing some pitstop testing and at least the stall it gave me was in the center of pitlane.   (like the dead center not left or right side)

if everyone is down the middle would it make sense to request entry on one side and exit on the other for a more orderly system?  or just take it easy and be careful everyone?

best,
dave

Just take it easy

Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 19:22

Same for me, regarding the pit stall.

I was just testing a stop...sitting there thinking about how bad it will suck if/when someone comes blazing through pit lane and takes me out while I'm immobile.
Hope this doesn't happen!

Caution, caution, caution... :antoine:

Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 19:39

Want to wish everyone good luck.
I will be admining the start from my Montréal cafe perch, then it’s off to the airport.

Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 20:06

Qualy is underway

Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 20:27

Absent, sorry. Sad

Number of posts : 14426
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 20:31

Just got back home. I will take the Au 7 if nobody else wants, though will likely start from the back.

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 20:31

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Just got back home. I will take the Au 7 if nobody else wants, though will likely start from the back.

:top:

Racing Legend

Number of posts : 13760
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 21:26

Tapped a haybail with the front end and the engine blew scratch

It's in the back in the Auto Union but hey ho. Good luck to the rest, this race is a mammoth challenge, thanks to Alberto for the physics :top:

Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 21:28

Race and Gold Star title chances over on lap 1 because someone forgot it was lap 1. Hours of practice wasted, thanks very much!

Pro Driver

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 21:39

That Merc is probably the most difficult car to drive in any sim. Hugely immense, but tonight I didn't have the stamina to go beyond lap 4. Bummer.

Racing Legend

Number of posts : 14426
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 21:49

Dint think I would make the race, so little practice for me - and only in the Mercedes. Was out of place in the Au and not concentrated, so in the first lapse lost it. Better luck next time!

Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 21:57

quite unhappy with today, in Q one driver lost 2 of my attempts , then cant make clen lap at all, finaly when i had -1,3s on 1st sector, someone on outlap must me disturb my lap so 9th posision was best i can do, in race, the pack was litlle too slow, i wasnt able to drive on my learned pace and in 1st slow right hander i little bvruised the haibales car felt good but in final left corner i cand turn alhough my speed wasnt fast as in Q or before race test i hit fence and engine died and suspension killed Sad

Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 22:22

Ah, poo. Never got a decent rhythm tonight, couldn't go anywhere near the times I did yesterday, neither quali nor race. After some of the slower competition fell out, I found myself in last, slowest car out there. I tried to drive it home, but while I dodged the bullet once at the quarry, I swerved to the left after Paserelle and Jorden and found myself in the lake. Race over Sad

Nonetheless, it was quite a fun to chuck these things around the track, the Maserati almost fit me like a glove. Would love to see more in this vein and gotta congratulate you for creating those fine physics. I'm looking forward to test the cars missing so far (the ERA used to be my fave so far Smile )

Real men drive pink cars!
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 22:33

Couldn't match my fast time in Q's, but I didn't think i'd be able to anyways, with traffic.

Was surprised that we all made it through the Cutting without any incident. Was not surprised when I got to the hairpin to find total carnage. Made it through and settled down for the long haul. Tried to keep a quick speed up, until Dreschler passed me, then I just settled in and took it easy, just wanted to finish this one. Lap 7, I had a slight lapse of concentration. Bounced off a haybale and the engine was dead, no damage to the car, just a dead motor.

Was fun while it lasted. These cars are a blast to drive, would love to see a full season of them, would only be 5 races and could be run similar to the way we ran the WEC this past season.

"You need to grab a hold of that line between Speed and Chaos and you need to wrestle it to the ground like a Demon Cobra!"
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 22:58

Tout allait bien, la victoire se profilait.... déconcentration... paf, dans le mur !

Tant pis pour moi !

Bravo aux finisseurs, bravo Alberto !

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 23:09

GD MF SOB!!!!!! Rage Rage Rage

First, my GD vehicle labels key somehow decided to remap itself to default (nothing else is changed)...or overmapped it self with the labels, or some such BS...that cost me over 30 seconds...

Then, as I'm driving around seeing red, thinking..."hum...if it wasn't for that dumb ass move just so you could see who was about to go by, you'd be about 20 F'n seconds in the lead right now."

Ran up on an embankment...barely, but the car rolled anyways...complete barrel roll back on the wheel. Ok, I'm still good...
NOPE....GD suspension is destroyed and the car won't do anything but turn left.
I nursed it around, cautiously, trying to make it to the pits (don't think it would have mattered anyways, not sure it could be fixed or that service is even available for such a thing)....ended up finally meeting dead engine when I hit something...I don't know what, too pissed at my dumb ass self to give a damn!

GGRRRRRRRR.

Rage

Tonight, ALL buttons not in use are getting emptied out.
Why in the F would rFactor put me in the seat of another's car, WHILE I'M ON TRACK....really think I want to "ride along" while DRIVING THE F'N RACE!!!! Jesus.

...over and out before I really do throw this POS out the gd window!

Grats to finishers....was hoping to be one of them, then sitting in strong position for a possible charge at the front, even after the initial troubles...and screw it all up again.

Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1548
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 23:09

I ran right behind the two leading Alfas until lap 7 or so when the first pair of rear tyres shat themselves. Did my best to hang on but had to pit as I was clearly losing time on the track :smil20: I tried to save the tyres on my second stint, I was also on a lighter fuel load as my one-stop strategy was out the window at this point,  but still they were good for only a dozen laps or so :grrr:

A couple laps after Yves dropped out I tapped a haybale and punctured my left front, limped back to the pits for four new Continentals, dropped back to third place, spun into the forest and lost probably half a minute trying the get back because there's no traction and then went straight into the haybales in the last corner and a wheel flew off the car bounce

Nice mod but the tyres are shit! :D
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 23:23

@Jukka: Thanks for the puncture... but sadly also damaged some other parts apparently as the steering didn't feel straight anymore and my top speed seemed lower.

Somehow managed to pass David for the class lead, but then half-spun again.

Slightly misjudged the jump and touched the right-side objects, ripping my front-right wheel off and putting me upside down, which was my reason for retirement.

Too bad, could have been an overall podium if not even the class win Sad

Oh well...

Back to top Go down
Jukka Maattanen
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 23:37

David Jundt wrote:
@Jukka: Thanks for the puncture... but sadly also damaged some other parts apparently as the steering didn't feel straight anymore and my top speed seemed lower.

I went up the escape road, turned around and waited for you to get through and decided to pass you on the right. Unfortunately you spun into my path, not a lot I could do about it :smil20:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 23:39

Wish you had been on the left, surprise was big when I got hit on the right What a Face

Back to top Go down
Jukka Maattanen
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 23:44

In hindsight I should have :aie:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 23:47

Had some special strategy in mind, not replacing tyres while going to lap 43 and see if David did the same, but I buggered all even when I managed to briefly pass David after being a minute behind him.

<- Tool geek

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]   

Back to top Go down

IV. Grosser Preis der Schweiz [Nov 26th]
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next