Historic Simracing Organisation


 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share
 

 Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Victor Montenegro
Club Driver
Victor Montenegro

Number of posts : 63
Age : 24
Location : Natal, Brazil
Registration date : 2017-06-06

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Oct 2017 - 21:06

Cláudio Augusto wrote:
Can i withdraw my spot on the Porsche? I'll have a soccer game tomorrow (an college championship final, noticed yesterday) in the middle of the race, so i'm unsure if i can run in the gr. 5. I'll do my run on the proto.


Please, can you come here in the discord?

_________________
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 837

-When the track becomes hard, only the hard ones remain.
Back to top Go down
Convidado
Guest



Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Oct 2017 - 0:12

Line up change in the Porsche #4 Augusto and Mello

Me and Victor in the #60

The original ideia is 3 drivers in both cars, Augusto will haven't a time to drive both cars, he have a Football game tomorrow.  

Good Lucky for my friends in the #4 :drink: :hello: :top:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Age : 42
Location : Ferndale, MI USA
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Oct 2017 - 19:48

My apologies to Andre Lagunzad; you slowed a lot more than I anticipated you would in the last curve, and I just clipped you with my left front.  Mad

_________________
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Ik0uEqBjC0LKiLMueGfA
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16778
Age : 47
Location : International Simracing Organisation
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Oct 2017 - 20:46

Apologizes to everyone I'm not thanking with headlights when they help me lapping, but I forgot to map a button Embarassed You all did a great job, thank you  :chinois: :top:

_________________
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Ik0uEqBjC0LKiLMueGfA
Back to top Go down
Andre Lagunzad
Club Driver
Andre Lagunzad

Number of posts : 71
Age : 45
Location : Metro Manila, Philippines
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Oct 2017 - 22:56

Jason White wrote:
My apologies to Andre Lagunzad; you slowed a lot more than I anticipated you would in the last curve, and I just clipped you with my left front.  Mad

no problem, it's just racing... I was really iffy in that part of the track, it's right after a small jump and with that deadly yellow wall coming up, anyway I hope I did not compromise your race too much

_________________
YOU MUST CONQUER THE WILD COUNTRY TO WIN THE RACE FOREVER!
Back to top Go down
http://blog-of-alaster.blogspot.com/
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1007
Age : 47
Location : Brno, Czech Republic
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Oct 2017 - 23:08

oh my got, forgot switch off pit repair after minor small contact with wal, cost me 60s more and lost my possible 1st win in class Sad


after SF line only 1 l left in tank :D

_________________
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 228
Status: back from retirement
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 12_Villeneuve   :first:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16778
Age : 47
Location : International Simracing Organisation
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Oct 2017 - 23:12

Quite dissapointing race, the repairs in the pits cost us dearly and the fuel consumption we miscalculated badly. We did all race on boost 1 and we should have dne one more stop with more boost. As it was, I was catching up quickly on Bruno/Jason on my last stint, but I bruised the wall because of a stupid error when unable to see (Had not switched my lights on, apologizes anyone I scared coming out of nowhere  :doh:) but even without the shunt -which dropped my laptimes from 1.17 to 1.22- I discovered that I was going to run out of fuel affraid So the slower pace was a blessing in disguise, because otherwise I woul have had to pit and lost 120 seconds. I did my last 5 laps in full economy mode, and crossed the finish line with 2 liters on the tank  pale

_________________
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Ik0uEqBjC0LKiLMueGfA
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Age : 36
Location : Portugal
Registration date : 2015-01-07

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Oct 2017 - 23:12

Stand by for the offcial results, somethings might still change.

_________________
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 700

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Ik0uEqBjC0LKiLMueGfA

Join the current HSO team as we move to ISO in 2020!
http://historicsimracing.123.st/t4220-important-announcement-for-the-2020-season
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 398
Age : 60
Location : Brazil
Registration date : 2017-03-08

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Oct 2017 - 23:19

It was a hard race for us, regularity and low consumption were our trumps, we walked in the limit of our car all the time, keeping the care to not disturb the leaders and not to suffer accidents and thus was the whole race, without great damages in small accidents and at a rate between 1:20 and 1:22.
Congratulations Yves Plaçais by the beautiful solo race, it is not easy to last 6 hours.
Congratulations to the winners, they ran a lot!


finally we managed to finish a race in this series, always abandoning for connection problems what did not happen today.


Last edited by Bruno Chacon on Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 23:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2615
Age : 30
Location : Binningen, Switzerland
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Oct 2017 - 23:21

I'd like to apologise for the second start, it took unusually long(at least for me) for the time to come up, I started rolling just a tad too early :doh: Embarassed

Sorry about the pit speed limit rule too, I always seem to get a bit confused by this:

Quote :
- Drive Through : If a driver has to do a drive through, even if there is no pit lane speed limit, he has to drive through the pitlane at 100km/h max (60mph). If he doesn't respect this, he will get a 30s penalty at the end of the race.

And in the rules thread:

Quote :
- For this race, a pit speed limit of 100 km/h will be observed.  

Not an excuse though, but excuse my stupidity in this case Rolling Eyes

Anyway, thanks to everyone racing and being careful :top:

I'd especially like to thank David for bringing it home for his first(?) endurance series win here :clap: :first: :champ:

_________________
Murray: "JUNDT'S OFF-TRACK AGAIN!"

Martin: "That's a replay Murray, he's not even in the race anymore."

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 467
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Convidado
Guest



Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Oct 2017 - 23:47

So hard handling issues in the Gt, disappointed with myself.

My problems and difficulties almost costed Victor race. But I discovered interest things about the mod and the car.  

Flying Victor up the car again, he did bigger recover, descouting lap by lap and during the last laps he passed Marazzi and gain the position.  Shocked

I learned a lot during the race. Victor teached me a lot, about strategy, consitency, and the sppotter function too, an honor to have Victor in the same car. :hello:

Congratulations to him, he finished his first endurance race. :hello:

Big Big team work, :drink:


Last edited by Philippe Henrique on Mon 30 Oct 2017 - 0:29; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Age : 42
Location : Ferndale, MI USA
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Oct 2017 - 0:00

Results and points are up

_________________
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Ik0uEqBjC0LKiLMueGfA
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Age : 32
Location : Belgium
Registration date : 2016-05-11

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Oct 2017 - 0:03

Congratulations to the Davids on winning overall and Michal Janak for the Group 5 win. :clap:

I started the #7 Ford and after a week of repeating to my teammates they shouldn't crash, I put it in the gravel on lap 4. That put me half lap back. By the end of the first I was again in sixth and I gave the car to Scott Urick.

5 minutes later I took over Ford #6 from Richard Coxon. All went well, I even held the lead for a few laps, and then my steering wheel switched from a 360° to a 900° range which cost me half a minute. Ryan quickly took over, I recalculated the strategy and went back into Ford #7, now with 180° lock, but my microphone went mute so planning became quite entertaining. :D

3 hours into the race, I give the #7 back to Scott who crashed it a few laps into his stint so the back up car was out. I was back in #6 and no drama this time and Ryan took over to work his magic.

45 minutes rest and back at the wheel, now in the #42 Porsche 935. When I got the car I was leading Mick Chapman and eventual class winner Michal Janak, but I wore the tyres out too quickly and needed a refuel too so dropped behind Michal.

Thanks to my teammates for the nice evening. :top:

_________________
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Ik0uEqBjC0LKiLMueGfA

Join the current HSO team as we move to ISO in 2020!
http://historicsimracing.123.st/t4220-important-announcement-for-the-2020-season
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1007
Age : 47
Location : Brno, Czech Republic
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Oct 2017 - 0:23

Juha Bos wrote:
Congratulations to the Davids on winning overall and Michal Janak for the Group 5 win. :clap:



Thank you very, very much :top: , i cant still belive this, eventfull race at all, many THX to Mick for base setup, :top: :top: :top:

_________________
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 228
Status: back from retirement
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 12_Villeneuve   :first:
Back to top Go down
Victor Montenegro
Club Driver
Victor Montenegro

Number of posts : 63
Age : 24
Location : Natal, Brazil
Registration date : 2017-06-06

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Oct 2017 - 1:36

Philippe Henrique wrote:
So hard handling issues in the Gt, disappointed with myself.

My problems and difficulties almost costed Victor race. But I discovered interest things about the mod and the car.  

Flying Victor up the car again, he did bigger recover, descouting lap by lap and during the last laps he passed Marazzi and gain the position.  Shocked

I learned a lot during the race. Victor teached me a lot, about strategy, consitency, and the sppotter function too, an honor to have Victor in the same car. :hello:

Congratulations to him, he finished his first endurance race. :hello:

Big Big team work, :drink:

Cmon!You were my coach in this race! I owe you a beer later! :drink:  :champ:

I was excited for the race, The team was on the GP Pole Position, we had a fast car and I expected a lot from my first Endurance race, but we discovered that the car had problems in the race, serious problems Crying or Very sad , Philippe and I tried to solve this as soon as possible, we stopped several times to try to end the losses from 2 to 6 sec./lap!

We managed to "solve" the problem in the 4th hour scratch , but we were in the last (of those who were on the track), and knowing the others would be tired I tried to accelerate for real, I managed to take laps from the leaders, and even got a position on the last lap, for my first race it was good to have finished!


:champ:

_________________
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 837

-When the track becomes hard, only the hard ones remain.
Back to top Go down
Convidado
Guest



Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Oct 2017 - 3:31

Victor Montenegro wrote:
Philippe Henrique wrote:
So hard handling issues in the Gt, disappointed with myself.

My problems and difficulties almost costed Victor race. But I discovered interest things about the mod and the car.  

Flying Victor up the car again, he did bigger recover, descouting lap by lap and during the last laps he passed Marazzi and gain the position.  Shocked

I learned a lot during the race. Victor teached me a lot, about strategy, consitency, and the sppotter function too, an honor to have Victor in the same car. :hello:

Congratulations to him, he finished his first endurance race. :hello:

Big Big team work, :drink:

Cmon!You were my coach in this race! I owe you a beer later! :drink:  :champ:

I was excited for the race, The team was on the GP Pole Position, we had a fast car and I expected a lot from my first Endurance race, but we discovered that the car had problems in the race, serious problems Crying or Very sad , Philippe and I tried to solve this as soon as possible, we stopped several times to try to end the losses from 2 to 6 sec./lap!

We managed to "solve" the problem in the 4th hour scratch , but we were in the last (of those who were on the track), and knowing the others would be tired I tried to accelerate for real, I managed to take laps from the leaders, and even got a position on the last lap, for my first race it was good to have finished!


:champ:





Celebration dinner at the Camarões restaurant (RN), :champ: :drink:

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Cam_0011


Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Beer_d11
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Age : 30
Location : Sweden
Registration date : 2014-01-15

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Oct 2017 - 11:43

That was not an endurance race, that was 6 hour sprint. At least in my half of it! Did the first half of the race, had some very intense battles with Coxon in the first stint, and then with Hlavac in the second. Despite losing a lap in the first stint, due to a few off-track moments and damage repairs, I didn't want to give anyone an easy time. In my final two stints I gave it 10/10's all the time, and don't think I did any single mistake on track - very pleased with that. I really became with the Lancia and Fuji during that time.

But because I lost so much time in the first pit stop, Martin wasn't given a good chance of finishing on the podium - I'm sorry about that. But a 4th place finish is pretty good nontheless, and it was a nice experience sharing the car with him.

_________________
"I'm going for first!" "...the man's an animal..."
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 669
Happy and proud 1988 CART Champion! ~ 2017
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 578
Age : 35
Location : Virginia, USA
Registration date : 2017-03-08

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Oct 2017 - 14:39

Finally, the Rondeau team finishes under power! ...feels like a victory, in many ways.

We knew we couldn't run up front with the fastest cars. The Rondeau just seems to lack the cornering ability of some of the others. We were noticeably faster in the straights than almost all cars (except that pesky Group 5 Porsche :hihi:) but I suspect most of that boils down to those cars preserving fuel, etc etc.

During quali trials and race trim practice alike we thought we'd pretty much hit the threshold. This time, not so much a personal threshold as the threshold of the car. I took it into the very high 1:18s while practicing and during quali as well, but no matter what I did in terms of setup, that's all I could squeeze out of it. Tried a million different things, that's all she'd do. Perhaps it's my setup work, and I can concede that potential fact, but either way we found our threshold with the car.

Race was smooth and comfortable besides a few hairy moments with traffic and a couple of my own mistakes. Drifted off into the grass in the final corner allowing some traffic by. Got over off the race line and nearly bought the farm. Managed to slow it down and broadside the barrier which just dented the left side...nothing to worry about, no handling issues. That was, until I managed to touch the grass again and spun into the wall with far worse effects. Rear wing gone...but, it was fixed before the fuel was added and it was time to pit anyways (was flirting with a potential puncture as I put 56 or 57 laps on a single set of tires. Tires that we were having issues with anyway. Hadn't went beyond about 40 laps training so those last 15 or so were quite the ride as I adapted to the car on burnt rubbers)

And finally, some points on the board for the Rondeau team! :banane:
This car has come to hold a special place in my heart. I love this thing! And I love this mod. Absolutely brilliant in every respect. Just flat out addicting. "one more time" becomes "ah hell with it, I'm spending the next 4 hours trying to best my best lap just for fun!"
So, in that light, my worst enemy is impatience. Endurance racing rewards patience and it's something I've much room to improve on, but feel we did a better job pacing this time around.

A lot of fun and an enjoyable experience with my best racing buddy, Bruno Chacon...who put in most of our long stint testing, by the way. Hats off for the long hours spent assessing our car and bettering my understanding of what to do with the car in terms of setup. I didn't have the time, nor the inclination really (as I was still iffy about the swaps given all our previous problems)...and yep, the problem was my dinosaur 2gb locked machine that couldn't run the 4gb patch. New build that brought me up to current standards and the results speak for themselves. So, knowing this now makes me thirsty for more endurace stuff!
Of all racing, it's become my favorite discipline.

.........................................

Grats to the David's on the win. And to Michal on the Group 5 win.
Thanks to all the lapping cars for being reasonable and lapping safely, hope we managed to stay out of the way, though I do remember spinning off once somewhere along the line after some Group 5s let me by....right in front of them affraid Sorry about that, and just glad I didn't collect anyone. Lapping a few of those cars was a bit tricky as I'd think I had the speed, then they'd accelerate and nearly outrun me. So it got a bit dicey once or twice, but all is well that ends well and it appears it did.

Now...not long till Brands Hatch, time to get to testing :yaa: :rigol:

_________________
Proud 2017 Indy 500 Rookie of the Year  :first:
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 817
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 398
Age : 60
Location : Brazil
Registration date : 2017-03-08

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Oct 2017 - 15:25

Jason Whited wrote:
Finally, the Rondeau team finishes under power!  ...feels like a victory, in many ways.  

We knew we couldn't run up front with the fastest cars.  The Rondeau just seems to lack the cornering ability of some of the others.  We were noticeably faster in the straights than almost all cars (except that pesky Group 5 Porsche :hihi:) but I suspect most of that boils down to those cars preserving fuel, etc etc.  

During quali trials and race trim practice alike we thought we'd pretty much hit the threshold.  This time, not so much a personal threshold as the threshold of the car.  I took it into the very high 1:18s while practicing and during quali as well, but no matter what I did in terms of setup, that's all I could squeeze out of it.  Tried a million different things, that's all she'd do.  Perhaps it's my setup work, and I can concede that potential fact, but either way we found our threshold with the car.

Race was smooth and comfortable besides a few hairy moments with traffic and a couple of my own mistakes.  Drifted off into the grass in the final corner allowing some traffic by.  Got over off the race line and nearly bought the farm.  Managed to slow it down and broadside the barrier which just dented the left side...nothing to worry about, no handling issues.  That was, until I managed to touch the grass again and spun into the wall with far worse effects.  Rear wing gone...but, it was fixed before the fuel was added and it was time to pit anyways (was flirting with a potential puncture as I put 56 or 57 laps on a single set of tires.  Tires that we were having issues with anyway.  Hadn't went beyond about 40 laps training so those last 15 or so were quite the ride as I adapted to the car on burnt rubbers)

And finally, some points on the board for the Rondeau team!  :banane:
This car has come to hold a special place in my heart.  I love this thing!  And I love this mod.  Absolutely brilliant in every respect.  Just flat out addicting.  "one more time" becomes "ah hell with it, I'm spending the next 4 hours trying to best my best lap just for fun!"
So, in that light, my worst enemy is impatience.  Endurance racing rewards patience and it's something I've much room to improve on, but feel we did a better job pacing this time around.

A lot of fun and an enjoyable experience with my best racing buddy, Bruno Chacon...who put in most of our long stint testing, by the way.  Hats off for the long hours spent assessing our car and bettering my understanding of what to do with the car in terms of setup.  I didn't have the time, nor the inclination really (as I was still iffy about the swaps given all our previous problems)...and yep, the problem was my dinosaur 2gb locked machine that couldn't run the 4gb patch.  New build that brought me up to current standards and the results speak for themselves.  So, knowing this now makes me thirsty for more endurace stuff!  
Of all racing, it's become my favorite discipline.

.........................................

Grats to the David's on the win.  And to Michal on the Group 5 win.  
Thanks to all the lapping cars for being reasonable and lapping safely, hope we managed to stay out of the way, though I do remember spinning off once somewhere along the line after some Group 5s let me by....right in front of them affraid     Sorry about that, and just glad I didn't collect anyone.  Lapping a few of those cars was a bit tricky as I'd think I had the speed, then they'd accelerate and nearly outrun me.  So it got a bit dicey once or twice, but all is well that ends well and it appears it did.

Now...not long till Brands Hatch, time to get to testing  :yaa:  :rigol:

YEAH!
I AGREE 100%

Hold on, boys, now let's go!

Many thanks Jason Whited, we are very well matched and even with different styles, we got a fit that was comfortable for both of us.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Age : 38
Location : Czech Republic
Registration date : 2016-02-16

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Oct 2017 - 20:12

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:

But because I lost so much time in the first pit stop, Martin wasn't given a good chance of finishing on the podium - I'm sorry about that.

The chance to be the second was still alive when before my last pitstop i was a lap ahead of Pascal and Richard. But first fault was Stop & Go penalty after my first pitstop because a was speeding in the pits. The second was losted concentration during the lapping of the Group 5 Porsche 8 laps into my last pitstop. Spent 176s in the pit due to repairement. Anyway great race and not so bad result. Finally my first 10 points in this series. Thanks Jacob for setup development. You did a great job as usual. :top:

_________________
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 744
Back to top Go down
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
Scott Urick

Number of posts : 228
Age : 54
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2015-04-17

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Oct 2017 - 9:17

Congratulations to the two DJs on a great run! You guys didn't even bruise the wax on that car.

But I really wanted to say thank you to Juha for inviting me to run with his team. I had a great afternoon (albeit abbreviated), everyone was a joy to work with and Juha was epic with the professional preparation for everyone on the team!

I even had a ball in the pits! One of the big stories of the race was in the logistics side for the Ford boys. When Juha's wheel went wonky, Ryan Walker was ready to jump into the #6 ahead of schedule. That blew the strategy for the #6. Juha went to fix his wheel.

As I came to the end of my first stint, setting up to do tires and fuel and continue to my second, I let myself get caught out at the hairpin and spun. When I tried to right the car and barely glanced the wall and ALL the bodywork popped off. Immediate pit, but Juha let me know he was ready via whisper chat. He took #7 for my 2nd stint.

Now the driver schedules were off for both Fords. AND, in his scramble to reset his wheel, out team boss had forgotten to remap his PTT button on the wheel -- he could hear but could not tell us what he wanted. The driver rotation was out of whack, team boss was in the car with a radio problem, and the both cars are running completely off-script!

I can communicate both ways with Ryan. Juha can hear me but can't talk. I'm trying to figure out what Juha wants to do when both cars come in again. Totally on the fly, Juha and I hit on this new system of communication. I start asking options on what he wants to do and told him to flash the lights for "yes". And I'm careful to ask as he pops onto the main straight. He seizes on that and then, ingeniously, starts shaking the car back and forth for "no"! Everything got sorted before the end of that stint.

I thought that was pretty slick!

Yes, I eventually wrote off the #7, but the #6 went on to take 2nd. But it was an adventure all the way!
Back to top Go down
Sam Smith
Rookie
Sam Smith

Number of posts : 43
Age : 35
Location : Melbourne
Registration date : 2017-03-14

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Oct 2017 - 10:42

Great read.

_________________
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 869
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinshedracing.com
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Age : 46
Location : Rijeka, Croatia
Registration date : 2013-05-28

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Oct 2017 - 15:57

Scott, your stories make me read them in a breath without a blink!

great, really great, makes my eyes wet, but becose of big smile on my face!!

btw, great driving guys, and everybody else..

Sitting Ducks had a great car, maybe not so competitive, at least not in our hands, but we enjoyed it while it lasted!

This series are a real bingo, IMO!

see you soon all..

_________________
And Function
Function is the key
- Fugazi
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 685
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1007
Age : 47
Location : Brno, Czech Republic
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Nov 2017 - 17:22

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
That was not an endurance race, that was 6 hour sprint. At least in my half of it! Did the first half of the race, had some very intense battles with Coxon in the first stint, and then with Hlavac in the second. Despite losing a lap in the first stint, due to a few off-track moments and damage repairs, I didn't want to give anyone an easy time. In my final two stints I gave it 10/10's all the time, and don't think I did any single mistake on track - very pleased with that. I really became with the Lancia and Fuji during that time.

But because I lost so much time in the first pit stop, Martin wasn't given a good chance of finishing on the podium - I'm sorry about that. But a 4th place finish is pretty good nontheless, and it was a nice experience sharing the car with him.

yes, it wasn't endurance race but 6h long sprint, i pushed the car all time to catch car in gr5

_________________
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 228
Status: back from retirement
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 12_Villeneuve   :first:
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 877
Age : 39
Location : Netherlands
Registration date : 2012-12-22

Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]   Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Nov 2017 - 18:25

a question to the HSO admins

i saw in the GDB the Geometrie of the NorthDirection = 315 degree

the real geo of the Northdirection is 138
i dont understand why its set to 315 in rfactor


the Northdirection of Suzuka is in real life 136 which is close to Fuji


but testing suzuka now for the 1991 race and start time at 14.00 ( 2 PM ) and 53 laps will end in a sunset

did you guys ran fuji with sunset after 2 hours?
so i have to adjust it

_________________
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th] - Page 4 617
Back to top Go down
 
Round 6 - WEC in Japan [Oct 29th]
Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: Archives :: Archives :: 2017 :: 1982 WEC-
Jump to: