Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]

Go down 
+39
Konstantin Zubov
Matthew Hull
Simon Wattman
Dylan Canton
Mick Chapman
Gilles Lalonde
Gérard Ryon
Joe Miller
Victor Alcocer
Bruno Chacon
Axel Putra
Dave Simmons
Florkin Marc
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Pascal Kalide
Karel Marciniszyn
Raymond Riddall
Jason Fitch
Steve Parker
Raul Jereb
Martin Lacina
Richard Coxon
Timo Vermeersch
Alberto Ibañez
Oyvind Andersen
Pascal Mikula
Greg DellaCella
Adam Hackman
Mike Becnel
Jason Whited
Dana Schurer
Yves Plaçais
Jan Kowalski
David Jaques
Juha Bos
David Sabre
Michal Janak
David Jundt
Jason White
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Sep 2017 - 22:33

I've renewed my subscription for second place again. :rigol:

I wasn't the fastest out there but I had my car well sorted so I felt pretty confident. In the qualifying race I jumped from 8th to 4th, beating David Jundt by inches. For the main race I was lucky to see my 8th place converted to a starting position on the inside line so by the first turn I was already in 5th. The slipstream worked out great and suddenly I was in 2nd place, running away from the guys behind me who were too busy battling each other. All I had to do was cruise to the finish, but I locked up for the hairpin and David Jundt closed the gap. I drove away from him but now I had Gabriele Del Piccolo closing in fast. On the penultimate lap he overtook me and I settled in behind him planning to slipstream him on the final lap. My first attempt failed because he outbraked me so I went for a last ditch effort leading onto the Esses which worked out nicely. David Jundt tried to slipstream me to the line but again I won the drag race to claim second place behind David Jaques.

The cars my have been low powered but they were great fun to drive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Sep 2017 - 22:40

These cars would do nicely with a full season to be honest...

Lucked my way into 3rd after running out of said luck a few laps earlier.

Had my problems with the front brakes sometimes locking a bit too fast, thus ran a bit deep at times.

WD to "Jakes" and Juha(enjoyed being in the David sandwich?)! :top:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Gilles Lalonde
Rookie
Gilles Lalonde

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2017-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Sep 2017 - 23:35

Congrats to podium and all finishers.

I did not have enough practice here and it showed big time... blew the entry to the esses, tried to go by the outside of the bridge, caught the fence, lost a wheel.

NEXT!
Back to top Go down
https://cmsracing.com/champion/forums/member.php?5759-Gilles-Lal
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Sep 2017 - 11:40

This was a blast!!!!

Frankly, one of my best simrace experiences ever.

From the start of the practice server, I felt pretty confident. I managed to be part of the 1.38-club. Which meant I was amongt the fasters 50% of drivers. Very unusual as I'm normally way further back.

I did not manage to put a really fast time in during qual, but did not really worry as the semi-finals would determine the final grid.

In the semi-final I had a good getaway. Then spent a good deal of laps struggling to remain ahead of the two David and Dave, while at the same time trying to catch some drivers in front, running 5th or 6th. With two laps to go, some of the cars in front spun of at Sear. I managed to steer clear from the carnage, suddently finding myself running 3rd. With the second placed car within reach. That's when I lost control over my enthousiasme. Missed the braking point for the hairpin and spun. David and Dave were through and other car also passed me on the run to the Esses. Sixth was the end result.

Again a good start for the final. I think I immediatelly gained a place or three. Then spent a long time running inbetween two packs, chassing Dave Simmons and some other cars, while I had to drive really hard to keep a gap with Oyvind.

After a while some cars spun and I moved up. Then, on the very last lap, Dave, Simon and I went three side by side into Coram. I passed Simon but Dave remained in front.

Still sixth is better than what I had ever hoped for. Just a pity that only the first five get points :doh: .

Great mod and great racing.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Sep 2017 - 17:38

Embarassed Désolé,entièrement responsable dans l'incident au freinage ou j'ai percuté une voiture.Puis en effectuant une marche arrière causant de multiples dégâts. :grrr:
Bravo au podium,et a l'organisation. :top:
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Sep 2017 - 19:22

Dammit. Now I can't even be mad any longer. :jp:

Back to top Go down
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver
Oyvind Andersen

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Sep 2017 - 20:24

Qval: P8, okay.

Semi A: I think I started in route 3, do not know how I got there, but ok for me Smile
My speed was ok and kept p3 to the middle of the last round, I made a mistake, had to break the race and finally became the last 13. Someone who has reaplay of semi A?

Race: Started from Route 24, had a good start, but the car in front of me did not have it. I hit him and lost the front of my car, but much happened to other drivers, so I drove up in the field. I had some nice fighter with Timo and Riddal, but made a miss in harpin, after I had some nice fighter with Adam and Martin, I eventually became P10, it's okay after and started from Route 24.
This modd is really fun and run and I hope for a championship with this one.
This is my funniest race for many years.:conduit:
Congratulations to top 3 :drink:
Thanks to HSO and Jason for organization :top:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Sep 2017 - 8:14

Oyvind Andersen wrote:
Someone who has reaplay of semi A?

I will upload mine when I get home tonight.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Sep 2017 - 8:23

Thanks guys from HSO for orginising this race. It helped me to remember for my career in GPL. I love these cars without wings. Especially these one had a lack of power but all the more fun. Really great racing. Unfortunatelly the feeling from this race ruined Gabriele who shotted me out of the track and besides other thinks he couldnt apologize after the race.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Sep 2017 - 12:22

Clod knows that I am not hinting at anything with this post. But, that being said, it seems there was a European Formula Ford Championship in 1973.

The most usefull info I found to date, are posts 18 to 20 in the following thread:

Formula Ford Euro Champ 1973

The calendar even looks tempting with a good set of tracks of which most are available for rFactor, I think... Well still not hinting :clap: :clap: :rigol:

Timo
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Sep 2017 - 17:45

Replay from semi-final A here.
Back to top Go down
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver
Oyvind Andersen

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Sep 2017 - 19:01

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
thx Timo :hello:
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Club Driver
Gabriele Del Piccolo

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Sep 2017 - 22:39

Martin Lacina wrote:
...Unfortunatelly the feeling from this race ruined Gabriele who shotted me out of the track and besides other thinks he couldnt apologize after the race.

Sorry Martin for pushing you out off the track, i remember we were a couple of drivers very close to each other and often there was someone who push me out of the trajectory to take my position.. Probably i brake too late on second corner
Back to top Go down
Filippo Marazzi
Club Driver
Filippo Marazzi

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Sep 2017 - 23:48

Qualification: P10, 1.40.5 good near my best tn practice.

Semifinal A: Good start and first 3 laps, I was 10th and near the Group, then a couple of error and back to 13th; then my best lap 1.40.0 and I passed Florkin, Oyvind out, 11th position.

Race: P21, hit on the rear suspension from Oyvind at start, Kalide a Miller in front of me were still stand, I don't wanna took risk for overpass them. My car had damages going little left for the rest of the race. 
First lap, second turn, watching replay big risk to fly (me and Jason with cross wheels), we was lucky.
Lap 2 15th position, then 17 after a kamikaze Very Happy entry of Adam at the hairpin.
Lap 5 involved in Ryon accident (lost the front of my car) but up to 13th. Fighting with Pascal K.
Lap 6 me and PK spin at same turn....
Rage connection lost (2nd time, like in Spa 1000 km)

Pity, was a funny race
Thank Oyvind for setup help in practice
Congratulation to David, and all the guys fighting behind him for the podium
Thanks to HSO for organization, and David Sabre Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 652294
Back to top Go down
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver
Oyvind Andersen

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Sep 2017 - 6:40

Race: P21, hit on the rear suspension from Oyvind at start, Kalide a Miller in front of me were still stand, I don't wanna took risk for overpass them. My car had damages going little left for the rest of the race.

Ohh my god, sorry for that, did you stand still in front of me at the beginning, I had no chance and avoid you, I lost my front nose in that incident, sorry again
Back to top Go down
Filippo Marazzi
Club Driver
Filippo Marazzi

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Sep 2017 - 8:04

No problem Oyvind  Smile, thanks again for your help with setup, I used with minor modification for the races
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Sep 2017 - 8:49

Gabriele Del Piccolo wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:
...Unfortunatelly the feeling from this race ruined Gabriele who shotted me out of the track and besides other thinks he couldnt apologize after the race.

Sorry Martin for pushing you out off the track, i remember we were a couple of drivers very close to each other and often there was someone who push me out of the trajectory to take my position.. Probably i brake too late on second corner

Appologize accepted Gabriele. Now i have cooled down but imediatelly after the race i was pissed off a lot because it seemed to be a fun and thrilling race until the finish.
Back to top Go down
Doni Yourth
Rookie

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2014-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Sep 2017 - 13:20

NUTS!  Sad

Only just twigged to this thread and event.  I've been out of town the last month.

Is a replay of the race posted?  Love to see the action!  Smile

Doni

Edit...

Found the results and replay! WOOHOO! Old buddy, David Jaques, the winnah! Grats, amigo! Smile
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Sep 2017 - 15:43

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
There's a reply from semi final A above.
Back to top Go down
Doni Yourth
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Sep 2017 - 18:02

Thanks for that link, Dave, but it seems I can't access the site.  Might a firewall thingie.  Not to worry...  I secured the 25-lap main.  Great stuff from DJ.  Smile  Poor Mick.  Sad

Will there ever be any more FF events in future?  For sure, I'd look to enter.

Doni
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Sep 2017 - 18:41

Doni Yourth wrote:
We had a brief discussion about doing the 1973 European Championship as we have used British tracks a lot recently but nothing is decided yet. At the very least I would like to see a Formula Ford Festival each year.
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Oct 2017 - 6:18

David Sabre wrote:
Doni Yourth wrote:
We had a brief discussion about doing the 1973 European Championship as we have used British tracks a lot recently but nothing is decided yet. At the very least I would like to see a Formula Ford Festival each year.

+1
Back to top Go down
Doni Yourth
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Oct 2017 - 13:14

Hi, Mick! Smile

Geeezzz, man... I dl'd the replay of the final and... Tuff break, amigo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]   Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Formula Ford Festival [Sep 24th]
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6