Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th]

Go down 
+26
Peter Blom
Raymond Riddall
Steve Parker
Grant Riddall
Michael Drechsler
Mick Chapman
Martin Lacina
John Thim
Lee Simpson
Bruno Chacon
Jacob Fredriksson
Richard Coxon
Alberto Ibañez
Raul Jereb
Jason Whited
David Jundt
Dana Schurer
Adam Hackman
Yves Plaçais
Jan Kowalski
Bob Holada
David Sabre
Lewis Stephens
Scott Urick
Juha Bos
Jason White
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th]   Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Sep 2017 - 3:31

Screenies up.  They will also be going on the HSO "fee bee"

http://historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/1377
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
Scott Urick

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th]   Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Sep 2017 - 8:14

I absolutely loathe Spectrum Cable right now!

My deepest apologies for signing up for a car and not being there! I was so thrilled to get a decent car for Mid-Ohio, loved testing always finding more speed, knew I wasn't going to run with the rabid pack at the front, but just love driving this track. And who knows? A decent finish might not have been out of the question. But . . .

I was on in the morning with Jacob and Jan running a second faster than I had all week. Saw Jan running 1:20s and through a set at him. I take it he liked something in it, judging by his finish. But I smelt an ill wind blowing when my ISP crapped out momentarily and I had to rejoin.

Being happy with my Q-speed, I wished them luck and went off-line to work in my race set and tweak my race strategy. I had her dialed into a three-stop strategy with great speed in the last lap of each stint. Time for brunch.

Come back two hours before race time (one hour before qually) and get an internet connection. I keep warming up off-line and checking for internet access. Double check all my gear -- good on my end. Qually time comes and goes. Same with Warmup. Very heated words exchange with my local ISP office. Intern working Sunday. *&^#&%(*&^&*$$^%##(*^*&^*&$$#$@#!

I was finally log in as a spectator around Lap 10-12. I'm sorry Jonaton, I should have joined you in the booth. But right now, I'm grateful I still have a working computer.

As soon as the doctors say I can get out of the straight-jacket, I'll be ready for Road America (another favorite).

Congrats to the podium and everyone who finished! Mid-Ohio is a technical track and these are tricky cars. As Jason said on the broadcast, you have to work a little outside of the box to go fast.

Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th]   Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Sep 2017 - 8:57

Im very angry to myself because in this race i messed up everything except the qualification session. I gained very good position on the grid almost like pole position. I dont count Grant who is from another planet in this race. After the green i obviously overslept and lost 3 position but its not so bad compared to next failures. In the first ten laps i stayed in contact with the first group which was not so bad as i thought when i lost the positions. But when i was on the back of Jacob i missed the right traffic sign as the braking point on the end of backstretch so i went off the road up to the wall where i damaged my front wing and front right suspension. But fortunatelly not totally so i could continue but my pace was a second worse whan before. During the second and third stint i had very good battle with Lewis. On the track i didt able to overtake him so i hoped to gain his position in the pit. After second pitstop i really managed to beat him so i was 6th i think. During the third stint i increased my margin to Lewis to 15s and when 5th Dana exit the pit from her last piststop she was behind Lewis both 15s behind me. Then i calculated when i increase my margin a bit i will be able to leave the pit ahead of them so in 69 lap or so i made my last pistop but it was disaster. During entering of the pit i hit the wall a bit and i forgot to deactivate the rapairement so i spent in the pit instead of 12s 98s. The last stupid think was that i take only 60L of fuel which was too little for another 15laps so 2 laps into the finish i had to go into the pit for some fuel for 2 laps. Unfortunatelly another race to forget.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th]   Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Sep 2017 - 10:22

I had an off day. My racing was off form and the car was occasionally off track. Limited practice during the week meant I had to borrow a setup and I tried to get the most out of it. My qualifying pace wasn't great but I was In vulture mode just behind the top 15 hoping for some points when I spun into the wall at the same corner where Richard Coxon ended his race. After that I just drove for a finish and tried to get out of everybody's way.

This was my last race in the #22 car. I liked being Didier Theys, but I can't get along with the T87 I'm given for the next race so I've jumped ship to the #98 John Andretti car.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Bob Holada
Club Driver
Bob Holada

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2016-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th]   Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Sep 2017 - 12:50

My apologies to all for being in the way at Mid-Ohio pale
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th]   Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Sep 2017 - 13:13

Congrats on finishing Bob. :top:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th]   Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Sep 2017 - 18:42

Great race for me yesterday, downloaded track after 20:15 , all week i thought that it is oval, what a surprise when i join Qulification around 20:30 Very Happy

used setup from other track, destroyed 2 engines and finaly found some good settins to gain not last place on the grid, start was good and i lost only one place, car was OK, stable enough for me, no crash, so i gan some positions by the race , 10th place at finics is great result for me at all (without preparation for this race) i can be 9th but 2 times i was held for whole lap by 2 backmakers, lost 4s in 1st case so driver in front of me came out, then I swith from boost 1 to 2(sometimes3) to gain some time back, but only i lost some fuel and must go to pits for few litres and in finish Martin was only 10s ahead,
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th]   Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Sep 2017 - 22:05

Bob Holada wrote:
My apologies to all for being in the way at Mid-Ohio pale

Congratulations Bob, always steady and strong.
Finishing in Mid Ohio is already a win!
Back to top Go down
Adam Hackman
Club Driver
Adam Hackman

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2015-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th]   Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Sep 2017 - 2:15

Raul Jereb wrote:
Well, Mid Ohio curse continues for me...
Connection lost.

I wish to appologise to mr. Hackman for kiss.. I think it was a slight missunderstanding there, I was sure you are much faster than me, and you suprised me when showed in my mirros instead in front of me..  it was not on purpose, sorry again.

Otherwise, it was fun while it lastet, even a bit lonely though. But what a mod, what a track.. pure pleasure..
thank you all.

No worries Raul. Agreed, great track especially for this mod. Lots of fun! 

I did have an interesting race, as I lost my wheel's force feedback on the grid. I have experienced the issue a few times in practice, but simply exiting and restarting has always resolved it. Unfortunately, that isn't possible during the race. 

Still angry at myself for blowing 9th with 2 laps to go, but Martin would have probably caught me anyway. 

Fun race!
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th]   Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Sep 2017 - 8:48

You need to assign a button/key to "reset force feedback" Adam.

That should enable you to get it back without backing out.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th]   Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Sep 2017 - 16:45

Richard Coxon wrote:
You need to assign a button/key to "reset force feedback" Adam.

That should enable you to get it back without backing out.

once this happened to me in 1991 Canada race but resetting FF by the assigned button didn helped, i must then shut down Rfactor and run it again so whole race without FF
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th]   Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Sep 2017 - 20:16

I had a good race considering I am not particularly quick at Mid-Ohio.   If I had put less fuel in the car on my last stop, I may have gotten out ahead of Bruno and got the 1 point for 12th.  In the end the margin was only 3 seconds.  Did my best to pressure him towards the end, but he did an excellent job keeping poise.  As my tires wore down, my ability to close the gap waned, and I had to settle for 13th.  Did my very best along the way to make room for the leaders, with the one exception of piggy backing on a leading car to slip by Jason (a bit sneaky of me, I'll admit. Jonatan caught it on the broadcast and commented accordingly LOL  I don't think I held Jundt up too bad, he may have a different sentiment, but that's understandable). On to Pocono, where the bumps will be the great equalizer (hopefully).
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th]   Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Sep 2017 - 18:17

Jason White wrote:
Did my very best along the way to make room for the leaders, with the one exception of piggy backing on a leading car to slip by Jason (a bit sneaky of me, I'll admit. Jonatan caught it on the broadcast and commented accordingly LOL  I don't think I held Jundt up too bad, he may have a different sentiment, but that's understandable).

What?

No, not really. Be my guest. I'd have tried the same I'd say :hihi:

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
Had a race long battle with Jundt, which included one pass in the grass. I was very clear with him then that I was not going to be bullied off the track. I do not enjoy mirror driving, and I think I made myself clear on that. But we hade nice tug-o-war battle, in the end it came down to the last lap with me prevailing.

Ah, is that why you tried to get me to back out of the inside for the next turn? :langue:

Actually, my mirrors and the FOV of my cockpit cam tricked me. I thought I was much closer to the right edge of the track and you had been following much closer(and thus getting caught out).

My honest misjudgement and mistake, nothing about "bullying"(as always, I don't like to hear "assumptions" about my intentions when racing).

I was gonna pit at the end of the lap either way, why would I need to "bully" you off the track?

Sorry anyway though Jacob, wasn't my intention to run you off the track. My apologies.

Anyway, the race.

I probably spent more time than usual on practicing the track, but was astonished by the lap times, especially Grant's!

Speaking of Grant: Can I try your setup? I'd like to know why I was so much slower than you with the same car Smile

I qualified well, but the car didn't feel as planted as in practice.

Later on, thanks to Jacob and Jan, I found out the hard way just how much different our top speeds on the straights were as both were much faster there.

I actually had a thrilling battle with Jan aswell, only managed to shake him off towards the end with traffic. It also looks like these two(probably Richard aswell) were running boost 1 as their first stint took them much further than me, a strategic oversight by me that might have cost me more than I thought.

Late in the race, I started boosting on level 5, but couldn't quite make up the deficit, but I wasn't that bothered by it, 3rd place and thus a podium was fine, considering Martin, Richard and Jan looked faster than me over the whole race.

Looking forward to the next event at the tri-oval at Pocono.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th]   Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Sep 2017 - 13:25

It was great racing at this track and excellent broadcasting as usual!

Ive added my setup i used for qualifying to the archives on the website for any who wants to try Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th]   Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 9 - Mid-Ohio 200 [Sep 17th]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4