Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]

Go down 
+30
Pascal Mikula
Scott Urick
David Jundt
Steve Parker
Raymond Riddall
Grant Riddall
Petr Hlavac
Jonatan Acerclinth
Michal Janak
Richard Wilks
David Sabre
Karel Marciniszyn
Raul Jereb
Alberto Ibañez
Jan Kowalski
Jacob Fredriksson
Lee Simpson
Bob Holada
Bruno Chacon
Jason Whited
Lewis Stephens
Michael Drechsler
Adam Hackman
Peter Blom
Martin Lacina
Juha Bos
Jason Fitch
Richard Coxon
Dana Schurer
Jason White
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 19:21

Let's go for the Great Cleveland Airport Massacre! :cowboy2: :urgence:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 19:55

Michael Drechsler wrote:
Let's go for the Great Cleveland Airport Massacre! :cowboy2: :urgence:

pale
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 20:06

Not that I'd be sad if it becomes a clean race. I just got a bad feeling about tonight's race... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 20:15

Broadcast having technical issues? Hope it starts but if not, fully understood, it is a lot of work with no pay.
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 20:43

Well... I feel a bit like Max Verstappen..yet again my race was compromised way too early due to other peoples mistakes. Looking at the replay of lap 2 I think Grant was a bit too impatient in overtaking Jan, Grant spun around and David who was behind him went full on the brakes, I saw that too late and tapped David from behind and I connected with Grant. I pulled into the pits for a 121 second repair but I forgot to switch off the engine and it blew after 90 seconds...think I'm too used to BTCC were I had an indestructable Honda engine :D

Very sad ending, I think this track has great potential for close racing. On to the next one  :conduit:

Last edited by Peter Blom on Sun 9 Jul 2017 - 21:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 20:56

Worst start to the race I could have made.

First turn tapped Richard into a spin. Decided to wait for him and then slotted in behind Jan. Next lap like peter said, Far to impatient and collided with jan and connected with peter. After my stop I was 2 laps down and just lost focus and collided with the chicane.

Not sure what to even say. But an apology to Richard, Peter and Jan would be a start.

Fully accepting of any consequence coming my way
Back to top Go down
Dana Schurer
Experienced Driver
Dana Schurer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 21:23

Disco at half distance while running third. Mad Someday somehow I'll finish a road course race in this series... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Adam Hackman
Club Driver
Adam Hackman

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2015-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 21:48

I was having a good run, but I'm over rFactor's stop and go/yellow system. I was causing a huge bottle-up trying to figure out where I was supposed to be under yellow. I get a go-to-the-end of line penalty for going too slow, so I let cars by. Then it tells me to pass them. Rather than cause others penalties or even worse cause contact under yellow, I decided to take myself out of the equation and end my race. I already had a bogus black flag from the beginning of the race. I joined this series to get better at racing not driving behind the safety car.

That being said, I feel guilty having such a good car when I have only finished 1/6 races and don't seem to be skilled enough to figure out how to drive under yellow, so I am relinquishing my ride for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 21:54

Oh dear, what just happened was so stupid I just want to quit simracing altogether. Thanks to Alberto, I finally had a decent setup, and after the expected slow start, there was even some extended stretches of proper racing and things weren't as bad for me as I expected them. I was running well in the top 10, and not as helpless as I thought I would be. Then about 30 laps from the finish, there was a yellow, and after some considerations, I decided late to pull into the pits, as it would have been very close with fuel racing to the end. Still thinking if it was a smart move I missed the pit timer telling me I was ready to go, pulled out, saw something blue very close in my mirror, was confused for a moment and put the car right into the wall at pit exit. Game over. Things really don't go very well for me at the moment Neutral I just hope I didn't cause any damage to the guy who was right behind me at pit exit. I'm just so terribly devastated right now. I've been driving very restraint and careful for the whole race, and still can't finish anything...
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 22:09

Michael Drechsler wrote:
I'm just so terribly devastated right now. I've been driving very restraint and careful for the whole race, and still can't finish anything...

Keep your head up Michael, I think you are putting yourself under too much pressure to perform for these races. Stay positive and most of all have fun with this mod. Tip: do not expect to finish and have good results..just do your best and see where it will bring you..it helps :top:
Back to top Go down
Alan Forster
Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2017-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 22:14

Lost count of the amount of stupid and over aggressive incidents tonight, one of was bound to get me in the end, was just trying to finish in the points as the car was already damaged from being hit under yellow on more than one occasion (not for first time this season Rolling Eyes).

Was really proud of my qualifying result as was expecting to really struggle for pace, but race reminded me why its not fun and its not racing at the moment, really hope it improves soon.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 22:16

From my part i apologise to whited. Totally my fault, even though you were going slow, its me who should see it.

From an admin side, i am now saying to everybody to calm down. This yellow fest won't continue, if it's up to me. Don't quit your rides or demoralize just yet.
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 22:33

sry for that touch Alberto :doh: had to stay close cause we were pulling away on straights. Lost my concentration after that and crashed stupidy

Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 22:39

Well, with pace 5-6 seconds slower than the rest of the field, finishin 9th is like wining Smile :first:

And its without a scratch on the car too!

Even it was a pretty lonely race, I enjoyed it. I love this track, and this cars.. just pleasure..

And big thanks to mr. Blom for helping me with setup, its pitty you retired so soon..

I think YUGO is comming next Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 3108518133 Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 3108518133
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 22:39

Grant Riddall wrote:
But an apology to Richard, Peter and Jan would be a start.

I'd also like one here...

@Michael: I slammed on the brakes, but Juha lost his front wing on my rear and I had more steering damage.

Me having been furious would be an understatement.

Somehow I got 4th, holding off a rocket-fast Lacina in the last 3 laps.

I take that, but I am still disappointed by some of the stuff that happened, felt like I never had a healthy car.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 22:47

I'm glad I survived this race. I wasn't the fastest so I was counting on yellows to stay on the lead lap, and we had enough of those.

I managed to stay out of trouble until I Michael caused a pileup at the pit exit. After that I changed strategy which would have worked really well if there weren't even more yellows. Then I got run into by a car I'd just lapped which put my suspension out of line and made for bizarre handling. In the closing laps I had a nice fight to the line with Jason White but couldn't catch him.

Before the pit accident I was near Alberto so there was a lot more in it, but at least I finished.

Thanks to those who helped me setting the car up, I really needed it this time.

Last edited by Juha Bos on Sun 9 Jul 2017 - 22:49; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 22:48

Great race!
I thought I would not make it to the end of the race.
I had 2 accidents. At the first, Wilks hit me at the slowest corner and threw me off the track, that cost me 30 seconds in the stall.
In the second, Adam Hackman simply changed trajectory in the middle of the curve that precedes the curve that gives access to the straight from the box and I hit him bending my front suspension and went like this until the end. In addition, I rode alone once in the S before the start / finish line.
Aside from that, I was pretty regular, turning in 14 high and 15 low. I almost scored 1 point, because I came in 13th place.
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 22:52

Thrilled with a Top 10 in the 86c. That said, I had some moments.

Apologies to Alberto for rear ending you going into Turn 7, can't remember the circumstances of it.

A MASSIVE Apology to Juha, I don't know what the hell Yves was doing trying to dive bomb you into Turn 1, you checked up and I had nowhere to go.

Too many people were racing way to hard against cars that were laps ahead of them, and trying some very questionable moves.

But, I did see a lot more good racing than bad.
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 22:53

Grant Riddall wrote:

Not sure what to even say. But an apology to Richard, Peter and Jan would be a start.

Fully accepting of any consequence coming my way

No problem Grant. It was really unfortunate, i let Richard pass after he dropped back on Lap 1. I didnt noticed your car (i looked at the replay, i couldnt see your car in my mirrors, only a wheel from yours), so i was taking my normal line. I had no damage, so dont worry.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 22:55

No problem Grant  :top: Shame we couldn't battle again.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 22:59

Adam Hackman wrote:
That being said, I feel guilty having such a good car when I have only finished 1/6 races and don't seem to be skilled enough to figure out how to drive under yellow, so I am relinquishing my ride for the rest of the season.
Take a couple of days to cool down then make that kind of decision mate.

At HSO the cars are handed out in such a way that the field is more compressed and to allow everyone as good a chance as possible to take a win if they have a good day.

You shouldn't feel so down with not finishing, it's the way it goes sometimes, stick with it and I'm sure you'll score some great finishes come the end of the season when you've got more track time and familiarized yourself with everyone (it takes time to learn how people race in different situations).
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 22:59

Jason Fitch wrote:
A MASSIVE Apology to Juha, I don't know what the hell Yves was doing trying to dive bomb you into Turn 1, you checked up and I had nowhere to go.

Too many people were racing way to hard against cars that were laps ahead of them, and trying some very questionable moves.

I haven't seen the replay but I'm not blaming you Jason.

Yves should have done what the blue flag ordered and stop trying to take a lap back. I had to take some bad lines while he had the better line and overtook me again.

I'll look at the replay first because it happened very quickly and I had no idea what was going on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 23:06

Richard Wilks wrote:
From my part i apologise to whited. Totally my fault, even though you were going slow, its me who should see it.

I was collected too by Whited´s car. Lost FW and both front suspensions. Well thats racing.

Grats to whoever won Smile
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 23:12

Well, my apologies then to David and Juha for the pileup and damage.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 23:18

Results are up Smile

For those of you curious about why Alberto and Jan finished ahead of cars with the same lap count, it's because they ended their races ahead of those cars on the road. Alberto crashed on his 80th lap and Jan on his 79th.  The cars behind them in the results finished behind them on the road because they never started the laps Alberto and Jan did.  Hope that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]   Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - Grand Prix of Cleveland [Jul 9th]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next