Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]

Go down 
+38
Jan Kowalski
David Jaques
Richard Coxon
Florkin Marc
Raymond Riddall
Rossetti Paolo
Jason Whited
Matthew Hull
Raul Jereb
Grant Riddall
Yves Plaçais
Philippe Martinelli
Greg Hunt
Chris Stephens
Brian Janik
Petr Hlavac
Javier Pérez Mato
Didier Conjeaud
Steve Parker
Michal Janak
Rob Swindells
Cláudio Augusto
Emmanuel Haas
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Alex Riolo
Bruno Chacon
Martin Lacina
Jason Fitch
François Remmen
Mike Becnel
Gérard Ryon
Jonatan Acerclinth
David Jundt
Pascal Mikula
Karel Marciniszyn
Mick Chapman
Juha Bos
Jason White
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Club Driver
Gabriele Del Piccolo

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-12-06

Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Laggy race   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jun 2017 - 22:18

There was my own problem with lag (connection) or cars on server tonight were very laggy? In some overtake manouver I lost completely opposite reference caused by lag.. apologies if i hit someone.. sorry
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jun 2017 - 22:23

You were lagging badly Gabriele. I saw you go into the pitlane twice, only to reappear in the last turn, on track.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jun 2017 - 22:46

I was expecting a dull race. Like the one you usually get on TV where you're wondering which lap it is because you just lost interest for the 4th time in 10 minutes.

But this is HSO, no time for boredom here. :D

My qualifying was, as usual for slow tracks, not good. Mick managed to park his car on the second row, I was on row 6. The only viable strategy would be to avoid problems and keep it away from the grass and other cars. Another problem was the Benetton was designed with a fuel tank which didn't have this track in mind so I'd run out of fuel unless I back off. A twisty and narrow track, mid-grid start, and mid-race strategy thinking. We are my headache tablets? :urgence:

So I got off the line cleanly. No accidents. Nothing. And still in 12th. I opted to do my slower fuel saving laps first and settled in on the tail end of a group consisting of (correct me if I'm wrong...) François Remmen, Brian Janik, Rob Swindells and Raul Jereb. After a few laps they ditched the Benetton wagon from their train and I was became a target for the Italian Lola Divebomb Squad which had its target set on me in the first turn. I gave in and went two places backwards, but both cars disappeared from the race later.

A few people retired, I saw Brian Janik in the grass, Rob Swindells dropped behind me after his pit stop and I was catching Raul Jereb at a fast rate. Raul pitted, Pascal crashed and suddenly I was in 5th place. No time to relax though, as Janik was closing in, and Raul had his sights set on him. I could only hope Raul and Brian would keep each other busy, and they did for a while. It was enough until I lost time lapping another car and Brian found a way through. Raul tried too but I think he went to explore a gravel trap instead. There weren't many laps left so I had to pressure Brian, who finally spun at the penultimate hairpin. I managed to keep Raul at a distance and finished 5th, which is more than I could ask for.

Thanks Brian and Raul for the racing. Congratulations Grant on the win!

And now we return to a proper track. :banane:

Last edited by Juha Bos on Sun 4 Jun 2017 - 23:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jun 2017 - 22:46

ANTHEMS

WINNING DRIVER

WINNING CONSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jun 2017 - 22:56

Results and points are up, and the championship is still alive Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris Stephens
Club Driver

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2016-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jun 2017 - 22:58

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Well, another DNF.. Frustration station here..

PS: My deepest apologies to Chris Stephens for telling him to "fuck off" multiple times while overtaking him, it was race stress, I was chasing David and the spots where I caught up to you weren't the best either. But, if we're going to be honest, going through the last turn for example on the racing line wasn't the smartest thing to do. Still very sorry for having raised my voice against you.

PPS: @Francois Remmen: I have an attitude problem? Maybe. Simple stress during the race. But does calling me an arrogant prick make anything better? I don't think so. Your actions from for example Hockenheim when you were "defending" against me didn't make you seem like the least arrogant person either. But whatever, I realize I'm not particularly liked.

If we're going to be honest, lol. If you weren't such an aggressive driver you'd realize that in that instance I don't feel I did anything wrong. You were NOT close enough to me entering the corner for me to let you go. Why would I not be on the racing line?. if you waited 0.3s longer we would be on the straight and I'd have done the appropriate thing. You caught me at the exit of the turn, that is just bad luck on your part, not anything I did wrong. I do my best to concede spots its not easy being in an underpowered car but if I have to hit my brakes to give you a spot you just flat out aren't close enough. Why would you want to pass in that turn when there is a straight just on the exit of it? To be honest you were so close coming out of that turn I didn't really know what line to take as you were disappearing from view on my screen. You didn't have to chop in front of me either. There were several comments made towards me on your broadcast. Makes me feel welcome here. Sad
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jun 2017 - 23:00

Chris Stephens wrote:

There were several comments made towards me on your broadcast. Makes me feel welcome here. Sad

Chris, you are very much welcome here.  I can assure you that Pascal's immaturity is not representative of HSO as a whole.
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jun 2017 - 23:00

congratulations grant! nice strategy, and perfect execution. not to mention amazing pace! just flying! hope u enjoyed your last tier 1 car ;PPPPP

and yes, the champ is still in play.

best,
dave
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jun 2017 - 23:06

Chris Stephens wrote:
Makes me feel welcome here. Sad

Dont worry Chris, Pascal just overeacts too much.. I think all of us here got some "middle name" from him occasionally. As one of the slowest drivers arround, and a hard learner, I asure you, this community is place to be! This guys are more than friends, even most of us dont know eachother personaly..

And Pascal, well, he'll grow up someday.. Now he is just a nervous Padawan.. He must learn a lot. And Im sure he will.

Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jun 2017 - 23:12

Overall just really frustrated right now, I'm happy with the Top10 but I'm not happy with the pace that my setup allowed me to go at, I needed to go to softer tires just to keep up with Martin when he had 45+ lap worn tires Sad

Practicing for the event I felt like the car could do well here and Martin proved it. Sadly a tad bit of lack of practice and comparison of setups hurt me.

During Qually I struggled to get good laps in, only when Martin re-sent his Qually setup were I able to go quicker but I hated the feeling of the setup for some reason...

The race got underway and I had a good start but sadly I had way too much aero-wash and I understeered off, ending up 24th after Turn1...

Had some decent pace early but partly got stuck behind others and made misstakes of my own and then Martin found his pace and flew off along with Gerard and Yves.

Had a short and nice battle with Chris (you did a great job battling and later letting me lap you without any kind of issues what so ever, great job mate!) and Fabrice but I was later on able to outpace both.

Sadly the rest of the race was lonely with small misstakes here and there and frustration at the lack of pace with a close to same setup as Martin used, some small differences were there but somehow he was going a second a lap faster than me scratch

But oh well, onto Spa and hopefully a better result pace wise although I doubt the result placing wise will be better...

Cheers and thank you to everyone involved. Special thanks to Martin for trying to help me out with the car, great drive mate!
Back to top Go down
Chris Stephens
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jun 2017 - 23:23

Jason White wrote:
Chris Stephens wrote:

There were several comments made towards me on your broadcast. Makes me feel welcome here. Sad

Chris, you are very much welcome here.  I can assure you that Pascal's immaturity is not representative of HSO as a whole.

Oh I know Jason, everyone"s been very helpful in helping me get up to speed and I know Pascal doesn't mean anything personally against me (I hope at least lol) but I was feeling pretty good about that race until I came to the forum. I had a few moments, a couple at inopportune time (one right in front of Pascal) but all in all I thought I did well, for me. Kind of a downer knowing some of the drivers question my driving. I know I'm not the fastest and the car certainly doesn't help lol. I feel you earn your reputation on track for the way you drive and I try to have the reputation that my fellow competitors feel comfortable driving around me. I see I still have to work on that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris Stephens
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jun 2017 - 23:28

On a side note, had a little extra ambience listening to the Indycars lap around Belle Isle while I raced. Rather loud this year so wind must have been blowing just right. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jun 2017 - 23:43

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Florkin Marc wrote:
Désolé pour ma non participation de ce soir,

je suis rentré trop tard pour prendre le départ, j'étais a une réunion de famille qui a un peu duré !

Mille excuses à tous, j'espère que l'on a pu me remplacer

Marcus Embarassed
:papy:

Ne t'inquiète pas, Marc, tu as fait le bonheur de Bruno !

Oui, il était dommage que je n'ai pas fini la course parce que ma suspension a éclaté frapper le rail de garde pour céder la place à celui placé autour du bord.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jun 2017 - 13:43

Well, positives and negatives from this race (almost a non race on my part) for this one.

Positives.

Well, to be honest, I was apprehensive to come back to this series. Let's just say that the shunt at Hockenheim had me a bit gun shy about spending a lot of time prepping for this race. But, I did so anyways and put quite a bit of seat time in throughout the week.

Come race time, I was pleasantly surprised. Nice, clean, respectful racing by everyone from my seat (can't speak to the whole field but from my seat everyone was being cautious and just trying to filter out and find a comfortable spot)....it was a nice change from the aggression I saw at Hockenheim.
Refreshing and most certainly renews my interest in spending a lot of time with the racing here at HSO.

Negatives...well, me!
More or less a [non] race that I'd like to forget. Come race time my dog decided to need attention out of nowhere land. Starts bugging me right before the green drops, leaves, comes back in room, leaves, rinse and repeat.

Somewhere around start of lap 6 she's at it again....I take a glance at her (small dog) only to look up and in that moment I'm already starting onto some curbing...tried to get back in line....wall too close....car meet wall....right front destroyed...made it to pits but crew couldn't rectify. [non] race over. Embarassed

Grats to the winner and to the podium. Was really hoping for a strong finish here, but life had other plans I suppose.

(Though, not every day one gets to use the "my dog did it" excuse for racing...so, I do have that going for me....hehe)
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jun 2017 - 13:53

When you get older, "the dog ate my homework" becomes "the dog ruined my race." :D
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jun 2017 - 15:54

Juha Bos wrote:
When you get older, "the dog ate my homework" becomes "the dog ruined my race." :D

Pretty sure someone paid my dog to sabotage my race Mad
Traitor! lol!

.....seriously though. It's the one time my dog decides to bug me. I'm sat in the cockpit quite often. Very seldom does she even come to this room. Suddenly, yesterday, the opposite is the case.

...yeah, something is fishy. :grrr:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jun 2017 - 16:10

Juha Bos wrote:

Or your english cat :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jun 2017 - 16:21

Jason Whited wrote:
Juha Bos wrote:

Pretty sure someone paid my dog to sabotage my race Mad
Traitor!  lol!

.....seriously though.  It's the one time my dog decides to bug me.  I'm sat in the cockpit quite often.  Very seldom does she even come to this room.  Suddenly, yesterday, the opposite is the case.

...yeah, something is fishy.  :grrr:  

Without knowing the dog, my take is the food bowl was empty... :aie:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jun 2017 - 16:31

Cats and Dogs not too dissimilar when they need food or to go outside. :D
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jun 2017 - 16:54

Thanks to Raul and Juha for the clean fighting over last 20 laps or so.
First I taketh, then I throweth away
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jun 2017 - 17:19

David Sabre wrote:
Cats and Dogs not too dissimilar when they need food or to go outside. :D

Agreed.
That's the reason I suspect sabotage though.

Dog bowl is basically never empty at this house. If anything, damned dog is over fed as about 4 of us tend to feed her as we eat, throughout the day. Couple of bowls...selection....dog has it made.

...first time, after race had started, that dog enters room ("Maggie" is the dog in question. A mini dachshund) the girlfriend led her back down the stairs and went outside with her because that's what she thought was wanted/needed.
...wrong.
Dog literally sneaks back in while girlfriend's back is turned...big nosed dog knows how to open the sliding screen door.

Comes back up....and that is when the distraction occurred. Sabotage I tell ya!!! lol!

I'm laughing now, but it wasn't quite as funny yesterday. Though, dog in question has no idea how close she was to losing all that good food for a few days.....hehe. (I'm absolutely kidding, btw...I would never starve my dog because of a gd sim race....or for any other reason, for that matter)

Idk.....in hindsight, should have went with a round or 10 of fetch before race time to burn off the energy she apparently was full of yesterday.
Currently, I've sat a few hours this morning...and yet again (as is typical) Ms. Dog is yet to even come up and say hello. Ha...go figure.

:rigol:
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jun 2017 - 19:25

Another fantastic race for me! This one was also very interesting because whole race i have a nice battle with Yves and to be in the finish so close behind him is for me almost like victory. In the first part of the race i could keep him behind me but in the second part when the car with less fuel becomes a bit unstable i did a main mistake in turn nr. 6 where i had to solve a spin of the rear so he could go through easily. Than with increasing traffic i couldnt take the position back. Also congratulate to Jonatan for another top ten finish. Regarding the next round in the Spa i will see if i will be able to participate because on 30th of June i will come from our holiday in Croatia so for the practice i will have only 2 days so if i will qualify in the Saturday it would be a miracle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]   Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 10 - Magyar Nagydíj [Jun 4th]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5