Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Historic Karting

Go down 
+7
Philippe Martinelli
Greg Hunt
Alberto Ibañez
Frank Verplanken
Jukka Närhi
Ben Paulet
Antoine de Mautor
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Historic Karting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Historic Karting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jun 2017 - 11:34

Hey guys ! Here is a bit more Historic Karting, from Germany this time.

The Oppenrod Klassik Kart Pokal is the main old karts event in the country. It attracts many foreign drivers each year.

It is a regularity event, but the start of each round is given like a normal race, which adds extra adrenaline.  :conduit:  I finished 7th.  :frank: Historic Karting - Page 2 19401810

Here is the second run from on-board my DAP kart with cadet tyres, starting from P18 in the "fast group" and really struggling for grip on this tight track Smile

:hello:
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Historic Karting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jun 2017 - 12:05

Nice one :top: 

I have no idea about karts, but lifting the inside rear seems odd, maybe your chassis flexes too much at the front and you would get better traction reinforcing that part  Smile
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Historic Karting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jun 2017 - 12:54

No don't worry if anything it's a good sign :D

Historic Karting - Page 2 Ayrton-senna-kart-auction-6
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Historic Karting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jun 2017 - 16:10

Bravo Antoine et merci pour cette vidéo bien sympa Very Happy Very Happy

Dommage que le point de vue caméra soit un peu trop bas mais je suppose que tu ne peux placer celle-ci ailleurs... En revanche l'immersion est totale on est pleinement dans l'action avec toi. Moi qui suis un fan de "on-board" sur canal+ (c'est de la F1 moderne qui sent le dollar à plein nez...) j'adore ces images.

Merci encore et amuse-toi bien et nous avec! Ciao!  Wink
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Historic Karting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jun 2017 - 19:16

Merci Philou Wink

Oui c'est vrai j'aimerais bien que ce soit plus haut, mais malheureusement mon harnais (que l'on voit sur la photo) est déjà remonté au maximum. Plus haut et la caméra se cogne dans le menton. Une autre solution serait de fixer la caméra sur le casque, mais ça tremble beaucoup bounce et on perd un peu le côté "immersion" que j'aime bien avec la caméra au corps.

La saison de championnat de France va commencer bientôt, il y aura de nouvelles vidéos pour sur :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Historic Karting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jul 2017 - 18:38

Hey guys! Here I am, back with some more historic karting news :D

Last week-end was the first round of the French Historic Karting Trophy, an FFSA-sanctioned series that rewards regularity.

To put it simply, there are 4 "regularity" heats each week-end, they take your best time for each, and the five times immediatly over it. The addition of the deviations for the 5 laps makes your score, the smallest score wins. There are about 50 entrants and we will compete in three rounds over the season. The first round was at Varennes sur Allier, where Max Verstappen won the KZ world championships in 2013.

My seat broke in the first heat, so I scored no points (only 3 laps done), then I won the second heat, which is in the video below :

Sorry for the low view, even worse than last time, will really try to get this fixed for next time.

The cumulated deviation for 5 laps in this heat (my "score") was 0.719s, which is pretty consistent.

Then on Sunday, I finished sixth in the third heat and was in fourth overall before the last round, hoping for a podium finish. Unfortunately, I had engine trouble and had to retire without covering enough laps. Mad It was still good enough for 8th place overall.

Anyway, a great week-end of karting and yes, I managed to get number 69 for myself :D

Historic Karting - Page 2 20229510

More pics of the week-end on this amazing gallery : https://www.flickr.com/photos/karting58/ :chinois:
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Historic Karting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Oct 2017 - 11:26

Hi all ! Here is some more historic karting news for those who like it Smile

The season is now over, and I was fortunate enough to partake in the whole French Trophy. Second round was at Laval. I finished sixth with a few good showings, including the heat I've included in video below Smile

Then the last round was at my home track, Essay, which you might recognize from the first video of this topic Smile I had a pretty good start to the week-end but broke an engine on Sunday. The replacement unit never was quite convincing enough to stay in the running, I finished 9th. Here is a video from the first heat on Saturday. I think I finally (!) got the right camera angle this time  Very Happy

Overall, I finished 4th in the championship by a very tiny margin. (The third place finisher had the same point total as me but with more podium finishes  :grrr:) But Retrokart France, the governing body of this series, was nice enough to award trophies to the top 5 of the season  :D Hence the smile :

Historic Karting - Page 2 22528239_1978614385749036_1264035349360622004_n
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Historic Karting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Oct 2017 - 17:43

Simracing is fun, but I'd change it for real racing hands down. I envy you, congrats on what seems to have been a great season with lots of fun - and keeping alive those lovely classics :top:

Keep more coming next year, and put a big HSO logo on your helmet!!!  :D
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Historic Karting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jul 2018 - 23:28

Hey guys ! Some more historic karting from this year. New year and new setup ! Back to Germany first, where I was driving a bad-ass All-Kart from 1987 with a very powerful (more than 25hp !) Rotax engine.

Historic Karting - Page 2 35495610

With this new setup (and brand new tyres), I was about 4 seconds faster than last year.  Surprised Enough talking, let's dive into the action on this demanding, twisty track :

Had a hard time managing regular laptimes with this beast, and ended up only 12th against a strong international opposition. (Historic karting competitions are always regularity events)

Then, back to France, there was a non-championship regularity event in Ancenis last week-end. I chose to run a considerably smaller unit, but had great fun nonetheless on a lovely local track. I finished 3rd in the regularity event, which is good news with the regular season starting in 2 weeks !

Will keep you updated on the rest of the season, which will include three French Cup rounds and a demonstration at the KZ World Championship in Belgium where one (or maybe even more) former Formula One world champion will have a go on track with us :top:
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Historic Karting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2018 - 0:11

Hey guys, I told you I'd be back :D

I kept an eye on the season here at HSO and it looked like a great one. So happy for my man Yves winning the CAN AM Series :top: Bravo monsieur !

The historic karting season was pretty eventful and fun as well, mind you :conduit:

The first round of the French Trophy was in Laval in August, and I had great fun in the scorching heat. Unfortunately, my kart-engine combination was a bit too fast (or maybe I wasn't used to it yet) to make a good regularity showing, and I finished 11th. Here is a wee video of the event just below  Cool

Then, on to Genk, for the KZ world championship (pretty much the pinnacle of professionnal karting), where the Historic Cup was a support event. I had great fun driving a British Gillard chassis with a very rare Hewland kart engine from the late 70's (yes, the gearbox manufacturer !) And it was nice to have a bit of crowd in the stands for once  :hihi:

Historic Karting - Page 2 42495010

All generations of karting from 1956 to 1988 were represented, so it makes for a nice cocktail on track  :clap: Unfortunately, no F1 driver with us, as Jenson Button didn't come and Felipe Massa was too busy being the new boss of the CIK (International Karting Federation). Anyway, enjoy  geek

Back to competition for the second race of the French Trophy, for which I unfortunately have no video (new setup and I didn't realise I was just filming the sky  :hihi:)
I chose a significantly smaller chassis/engine combination (Birel T6-Parilla TG14, just like in the very first video of this topic) for this new track I didn't know, and it worked out quite well because I won :first: A few pictures though :

Historic Karting - Page 2 42648210

Historic Karting - Page 2 42568510

Then, the final event of the season at my hometrack, Essay, which has just been resurfaced. I was now third in the championship, and hoping to keep this place or maybe get something even better  :antoine: It was in late october, in the North of France, so we expected rain (maybe that's why Frank Verplanken, who was supposed to take part, eventually pussied out  lol!), but the weather was glorious. Cool I chose to drive the big All-Kart chassis I had in Germany and Laval, but this time my Rotax engine exploded in practice, so I had to settle for a more reliable Komet K55. Which was probably a good thing, considering we run regularity events :aie:

It went pretty well as well, I smashed my best laptimes overall by more than three seconds affraid and had a blast on track as you'll gather by this video :

If there is one to watch, it's this one ! The pace is fast, overtaking are numerous (and sometimes a bit risky :hihi:), and I'm catching up all the way on two friends I eventually overtook in the penultimate lap cheers

Overall, I finished 6th in this meeting, and held third place in the series ! :third: Very happy to end up on the box this time (last year I finished fourth), and looking forward to next year for what should be another fun season :conduit:

Historic Karting - Page 2 44815310

If you've read this far and still wonder who I am, well I created this league 10 years ago with a few friends and I'm the reason why this emoji : :antoine: is called what it's called :champ:

Keep rocking HSO :top:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Historic Karting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov 2018 - 11:10

Antoine de Mautor wrote:

I kept an eye on the season here at HSO and it looked like a great one. So happy for my man Yves winning the CAN AM Series :top: Bravo monsieur !

Merci Antoine, c'est sympa ! :chinois:

Tu me dis quand tu viens rouler du côté d'Ancenis, Laval ou Le Mans, histoire d'aller jeter un oeil ! :top:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Historic Karting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov 2018 - 11:23

Looks like you had great fun, trading virtual racing for real racing is a no brainer so no wonder you are not much around here (Though you know you are invited to come back and try to smoke some of the new talent we have around :D ). All those KARTs you drive are yours? Or are you invited to drive them from other people who own but not race them? Smile
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Historic Karting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov 2018 - 16:36

Though I never had much interest in karts, I feel a bit envious :top: Good thing about my underpaid 9 to 5 job is, I can't really afford something more ambitious, let alone RL racing (besides the occasional visit at a track) :D
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Historic Karting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov 2018 - 21:59

Complimenti Antoine! cheers :champ:
Guidare i Kart è l'esperienza più prossima alle competizioni con le monoposto, e guidare auto storiche è sempre   una grande esperienza ! :cowboy:
Bravo :clap:
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Historic Karting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2018 - 14:11

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Looks like you had great fun, trading virtual racing for real racing is a no brainer so no wonder you are not much around here (Though you know you are invited to come back and try to smoke some of the new talent we have around :D ). All those KARTs you drive are yours? Or are you invited to drive them from other people who own but not race them? Smile

Unfortunately I changed my desk setup two years ago, it is now more work-oriented and no longer a simracing station :D But who knows, I might run an endurance race with my fellows founders some day, that's something I think about from times to times :antoine:

None of those karts are mine, they're my dad's :regl: He owns (I think) 8 or 9 chassis, of which 6 are in running order, and around 20 engines, which leaves us with a nice choice before each meeting. :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Historic Karting - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Historic Karting
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2