View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner

Number of posts : 3606
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Fri 23 Jun 2017 - 11:34

Hey guys ! Here is a bit more Historic Karting, from Germany this time.

The Oppenrod Klassik Kart Pokal is the main old karts event in the country. It attracts many foreign drivers each year.

It is a regularity event, but the start of each round is given like a normal race, which adds extra adrenaline.  :conduit:  I finished 7th.  :frank:

Here is the second run from on-board my DAP kart with cadet tyres, starting from P18 in the "fast group" and really struggling for grip on this tight track Smile

:hello:

Racing Legend

Number of posts : 12489
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Fri 23 Jun 2017 - 12:05

Nice one :top: 

I have no idea about karts, but lifting the inside rear seems odd, maybe your chassis flexes too much at the front and you would get better traction reinforcing that part  Smile

Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Fri 23 Jun 2017 - 12:54

No don't worry if anything it's a good sign :D

Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1021
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Fri 23 Jun 2017 - 16:10

Bravo Antoine et merci pour cette vidéo bien sympa Very Happy Very Happy

Dommage que le point de vue caméra soit un peu trop bas mais je suppose que tu ne peux placer celle-ci ailleurs... En revanche l'immersion est totale on est pleinement dans l'action avec toi. Moi qui suis un fan de "on-board" sur canal+ (c'est de la F1 moderne qui sent le dollar à plein nez...) j'adore ces images.

Merci encore et amuse-toi bien et nous avec! Ciao!  Wink

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Fri 23 Jun 2017 - 19:16

Merci Philou Wink

Oui c'est vrai j'aimerais bien que ce soit plus haut, mais malheureusement mon harnais (que l'on voit sur la photo) est déjà remonté au maximum. Plus haut et la caméra se cogne dans le menton. Une autre solution serait de fixer la caméra sur le casque, mais ça tremble beaucoup bounce et on perd un peu le côté "immersion" que j'aime bien avec la caméra au corps.

La saison de championnat de France va commencer bientôt, il y aura de nouvelles vidéos pour sur :conduit:

League Owner

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   Thu 20 Jul 2017 - 18:38

Hey guys! Here I am, back with some more historic karting news :D

Last week-end was the first round of the French Historic Karting Trophy, an FFSA-sanctioned series that rewards regularity.

To put it simply, there are 4 "regularity" heats each week-end, they take your best time for each, and the five times immediatly over it. The addition of the deviations for the 5 laps makes your score, the smallest score wins. There are about 50 entrants and we will compete in three rounds over the season. The first round was at Varennes sur Allier, where Max Verstappen won the KZ world championships in 2013.

My seat broke in the first heat, so I scored no points (only 3 laps done), then I won the second heat, which is in the video below :

Sorry for the low view, even worse than last time, will really try to get this fixed for next time.

The cumulated deviation for 5 laps in this heat (my "score") was 0.719s, which is pretty consistent.

Then on Sunday, I finished sixth in the third heat and was in fourth overall before the last round, hoping for a podium finish. Unfortunately, I had engine trouble and had to retire without covering enough laps. Mad It was still good enough for 8th place overall.

Anyway, a great week-end of karting and yes, I managed to get number 69 for myself :D

More pics of the week-end on this amazing gallery : https://www.flickr.com/photos/karting58/ :chinois:

PostSubject: Re: Historic Karting   

Back to top Go down

Historic Karting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2