Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th]

Go down 
+37
Vincent Beretta
Petr Hlavac
Yves Plaçais
Philippe Martinelli
Richard Wilks
Greg Hunt
Ludovic Tiengou
Chris Stephens
Brian Janik
Florkin Marc
Rossetti Paolo
François Remmen
Mick Chapman
Jan Kowalski
Michael Drechsler
Bruno Chacon
Steve Parker
Alberto Ibañez
Jason Whited
Juha Bos
Didier Conjeaud
David Jaques
Raymond Riddall
Cláudio Augusto
Josh Noack
David Jundt
Rob Swindells
Richard Coxon
Michal Janak
Jonatan Acerclinth
Pascal Mikula
Karel Marciniszyn
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Martin Lacina
Jason Fitch
Alex Riolo
Jason White
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th] - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th]   Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 9 May 2017 - 0:12

Brian Janik wrote:
Pascal Mikula wrote:

True, but I was surprised by that Modena in the middle of the track too.. But I'm not gonna take that chance twice..

I saw that moment. Modena was already being lapped on the right. Didnt appear to do anything wrong?
It was surprising you stayed to the left. affraid
Were you expecting it to vanish at your convenience? lol!
BTW, good recovery drive for 3rd! :third:

Yes, no alternatives for me but to stay in the middle since each chose a side. Completely insane and without patience, my car barely reached 320km / h on the largest line
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th]   Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 9 May 2017 - 5:00

Bruno Chacon wrote:

Yes, no alternatives for me but to stay in the middle since each chose a side. Completely insane and without patience, my car barely reached 320km / h on the largest line

I understand, I drove this car for several races! it is a wild, heavy animal!! Just doesnt pay attention to any driver input!!
I feel I saw you many times during race, and you did well to gain a top ten, controlling the flying brick to the finish!!! it is like a victory! Congrats...
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th]   Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 9 May 2017 - 14:44

Brian Janik wrote:
Bruno Chacon wrote:

I understand, I drove this car for several races! it is a wild, heavy animal!! Just doesnt pay attention to any driver input!!
I feel I saw you many times during race, and you did well to gain a top ten, controlling the flying brick to the finish!!! it is like a victory! Congrats...

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th]   Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2017 - 13:54

I wish to appologise for my agressive driving to all that were affected with it.. At that moment I was sure Im just trying harder.. My mistake.
Thank you.

Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th]   Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2017 - 14:50

Well, now that I've got a bit of time and have calmed down after my stupid misstake it's time to write about the event...

Practice:
Coming into the event I knew that the AGS, with its Mader tuned Cosworth, would probably struggle to event qualify. Thankfully however, we weren't as far off the others as I had feared after comparing the cars at Hangar Straight of last round in Britain. This feeling was further amplified when I was able to, more or less, keep up with one of the Bike Engined Brabhams, can't remember who of the two Brabhams I were behind though, sorry...

Martin and myself worked on the car and we got a neat little Qualifying setup together, with Martin actually improving by over a second comared to his own setup, which was a pleasent surprise for both of us Smile
I was struggling a little bit however, I'm not a good qualifying driver which makes this kind of make-up for a championship a large challange for me.

During Qualifying I was further struggling, especially during Saturday, as I with a 43 setup'd car (Proven by Martin) was unable to find enough free space, getting borked on my 2 best runs by the same driver (bad places at wrong times to catch someone, into Ostkurve Chicane and in the Stadium) meaning that a 44 was the best I could manage, which was still much better than I could ever have hoped for...

The Race got underway and I, as per usual in the F1 races, dropped a couple of positions early on the 1st lap, just to gain them back with others struggling, part of the issue was the lack of grunt in the engine, meaning I was outdragged down the 1st mayor straight...

Fast-forward a few laps into the race I was sitting in the hight teens behind Ray a few seconds up the road and Karel right on my gearbox at the end of every straight with me pulling a small gap at the mid-speed turns of the circuit. In the end he tried a bit too hard to get a fast run through Ostkurve chicane, from what it looked like in the mirrors, and sadly he went out of the race Sad

What followed was a fairly calm race until Jordan duo of Jason and David slipped back and caught up respectively passing me and having incidents around me, with me myself closing on Ray and Martin who were fighting ahead of me.

Most of the last 3/5ths of the race was all about trying to keep up and swapping fastest lap times with Martin, was hoping to give him a nice little inter-team battle but about 7-8 laps from the end I came through Turn1 on fading tires (I went with Softs instead of Mediums, a misstake I paid for then) and went on the throttle when the car snapped right, I corrected with and then corrected again resulting in left wheels on the grass and me going across the track and into the barriers, thankfully I could keep going but I picked up steering damage and knocked the front wing off.

The gap to the car(s) behind was such that I could keep 9th place but I was really frustrated with that misstake, mainly the tire misstake, but also my misstake that I didn't take the tires into consideration later on in the race.

But another double top 10 finish for the AGS team, that is great to see :drink:

Thanks to everyone I had battles with, mine was at least fair the whole time from what I can remember Smile

Cheers and see you all at the next event :drink:
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Club Driver
Gabriele Del Piccolo

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th]   Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2017 - 19:29

This race really deserved also an HSO live coverage: overtakes, accidents, great battles..a great show indeed. Live by Pascal's was very good, but the funniest race of the year deserved more in my point of view. A Rob Swindell's German GP highlights could be very nice too.
Happy for my really unexpected 5th place in the low powered Larrousse-Hart, i started 16th with no expectations at all.. only keeping my head down with no pit strategy.....
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th]   Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2017 - 22:19

good Job with Larousse car Gabriele
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Club Driver
Gabriele Del Piccolo

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th]   Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2017 - 22:44

Greg Goissen wrote:
good Job with Larousse car Gabriele

Thank you Greg,in Germany i was very lucky to finish 5th, but surprisingly after the very first laps I had the same race pace as the leaders.. I hope me and Paolo Rossetti will be more competitive in Hungaroring, a karting track that is tailor made on Larrousse characteristics
Hope to see you on track next event, we miss you!
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th]   Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 11 May 2017 - 17:35

wasn't the top 10 on a non stop strategy ?

was on C compound , think most of us
but rumour that Mick had super softs
someone on mediums or even hards?

the soft tire will wear much less on highspeedtracks with low downforce
so monza should could be a non stopper aswell , we'll see
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th]   Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 12 May 2017 - 23:32

Just uploaded on the new YouTube channel of me and my girlfriend; the channel called "Motorsport Madness"! Tell me what you think and where I can improve my "reporter" skills :D
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Rob Swindells
Club Driver

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2017-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th]   Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 14 May 2017 - 11:05

Pascal Mikula wrote:

Just uploaded on the new YouTube channel of me and my girlfriend; the channel called "Motorsport Madness"! Tell me what you think and where I can improve my "reporter" skills :D

Very good! Your voice is a bit too quiet or the engines too loud. It's impossible to hear when the cars are at peak volume. Also the cameras are a bit jerky.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th]   Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 14 May 2017 - 11:36

Rob Swindells wrote:
Pascal Mikula wrote:

Very good! Your voice is a bit too quiet or the engines too loud. It's impossible to hear when the cars are at peak volume. Also the cameras are a bit jerky.
Yes, thank you. I've noticed the audio level mistakes too, and with the cameras: I don't really know how I can smoothen my camera movement with the mouse, maybe I should just keep that to the game. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th]   Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 14 May 2017 - 13:24

same like Rob said,

Also the shadows are off and the effect dds files i added to install in the location folder i  gave for phoenix your not using which belongs to the tracks i made for optimal immersion
like racing line fire, smoke etc etc

record with no gid plugins or any fps eating stuff like you use to drive
try driving with only xd pluging in races or even better only for testing so you know the fuel usage and let it all happen in the race   , nothing more you need like gballs or any other gid

so much stuff on your screen watching your onboard broadcasting is disturbing

myself was driving with shadows on also in the race and no gid xd
i delete it always when the race is on!
Back to top Go down
Eric Kruger
Rookie
Eric Kruger

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2017-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th]   Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 15 May 2017 - 11:50

My goodness, your levels looks insane!! When's your next race? I'd like to try this stuff out :-)
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th]   Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 16 May 2017 - 1:13

Eric Kruger wrote:
My goodness, your levels looks insane!! When's your next race? I'd like to try this stuff out :-)

http://historicsimracing.123.st/t3374-1991-fia-formula-one-world-championship-schedule
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th]   Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th] - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 9 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland [May 7th]
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8