Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]

Go down 
+18
Yves Plaçais
Raymond Riddall
Petr Hlavac
Mick Chapman
Juha Bos
Grant Riddall
Greg Hunt
David Jaques
Ben Paulet
Matthias Weber
Miroslav Havlík
Oyvind Andersen
Honza Mild
David Sabre
Peter Blom
Jacob Fredriksson
Dave Simmons
Richard Coxon
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 14:36

Event Broadcast has been created and can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRPnQOb1zpg

Cheers and see you all this evening Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 15:41

Sorry, finally I can't take part tonight, my car is free. Have a good time and fun to all present. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Matthew Hull
Club Driver
Matthew Hull

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2017-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 15:56

I've been pretty sick recently, but I'll hopefully make it.
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 18:20

Absent ce soir, désolé pour le retard... Bon amusement Wink
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 20:49

Server is up, qualifying 2 has begun.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Hull
Club Driver
Matthew Hull

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2017-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 20:54

Gonna have to pull out of Race 2 due to illness. pale
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 20:58

Matthew Hull wrote:
Gonna have to pull out of Race 2 due to illness. pale

No worries Matthew, thanks for informing us. Get well soon.  Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 21:27

Race 1-Punted after couple of laps giving me puncture and suspension damage, after pit stop was just about a lap down so quit.

Race 2-Got a stop-go penalty sat on grid for illegal overtake! Then distracted started when another car jumped the start and got a drive-thru penalty, went straight in to serve it and pulled up behind Oyvind at pit exit, when he left I left (no lights for me?) and both of us got disqualified.

Another night wasted.
Back to top Go down
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver
Oyvind Andersen

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 21:29

I thought it was very bad of you and did not restart the race
I thought you wanted to bring the most possible drivers to start
I'm very disappointed with this, but I understand why you did not
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 21:50

Not much preparation for this one. One hour of practice wasn't enough to find a good rhythm, but I got there near the end of an eventful but mistake free race 1. 4th was more than I expected!

I found something to make the car more predictable, especially at Stowe, for race 2. That I meant I was at least able to keep in touch with those battling ahead. It was one fun lap where everybody just moved aside for me, that was very courteous of you guys! 6th to 3rd in one lap.

But then I was taken out in a completely avoidable accident that easily could have taken out 3 more cars. That is just too much.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 22:02

Too cold into the first race as usual, i had to get my pace up slowly. Still good battles all around, even overtaking Petr on top of the line!

Race 2 was a disaster. Qualy was good, but then i jumped the start because i got a bit confused with the lack of lights and sounds, and when i went to serve the drive thru, i got a penalty for speeding in the pits...so i had to serve one again!

Was sad to see that i had the pace for a podium here, and it was a total washout... wednesdays are really hard for me lately... Sad
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 22:09

Oyvind Andersen wrote:

It was not bad of me Oyvind, you made a mistake on the formation lap and crashed. That is bad on you, and then you chose to ESC back to the pits, again that was your choice.

It is completely your own fault and i will not restart the race for mistakes like this.
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 22:15

Really weird evening for me!

First race Yves made a great start! I could not pass him for like 6 laps because he was not making any major mistakes. After I passed him I noticed I was losing power...looks like my gaspedal was not working properly..that problem endured until the end of the race..only came home 6th Mad

Second race I made sure I did not had any pedalproblems. I made a good start and stayed in the lead until the end of the race. Behind me I saw massive fights for 2nd place which made it easier for me to run away...that's how I like it Twisted Evil

Thx for broadcasting Jonathan and thx to the HSO admins for the organisation :top:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 22:34

The broadcast can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRPnQOb1zpg

Cheers and thanks for the show :drink:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 22:35

It seems I really have to spend less time practising to get points in this series. I hadn't done any testing and didn't go online before qualifying having done zero laps on this track, and still managed to finish 9th in both races after a nice fight with Miroslav each time. I can live with that. :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 23:32

Points and results are up  :flag:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Apr 2017 - 15:10

For the 1st race I just managed to pip Mick Chapman to pole for the Independents. I still can't get these cars moving off the grid very well and that with not seeing any start lights left me just about last going into Copse Corner. After some decent overtakes I moved into the lead of the Independents and then built up about a 10 second lead. With 3 laps to go I noticed that I was low on fuel and would need to make a pitstop. :doh: After the pitstop I chased Honza but there was no way past so a lowly 16th place overall and 4th Independant. It should have been much better, but all my own fault. Crying or Very sad
Race 2. Again pole position for the Independents. Another poor start saw me drop down the field a bit. Managed to battle my way back past the other Independents and onto the tail of some works cars and with Juha making a mistake on the final lap I was able to finish 8th overall and 1st Independent. Very Happy
Congrats all (I only saw clean racing) and thanks for the broadcast. :top:
Back to top Go down
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver
Oyvind Andersen

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 May 2017 - 22:31

Richard Coxon wrote:
Oyvind Andersen wrote:

It was not bad of me Oyvind, you made a mistake on the formation lap and crashed. That is bad on you, and then you chose to ESC back to the pits, again that was your choice.

It is completely your own fault and i will not restart the race for mistakes like this.

I'm sorry for my frustration from Silverstone, it's not fun that this happens, I'm an old man and have to train much more a kid for you and could keep the same speed as you do. I was forced to and ESC, when my front bumper fell off and the car was impossible and run. I would then start from pitlane, waiting for all cars passed, but when I started driving, I got DQ, I could not see any lights out of the pitlane.
The same thing happened to Alan, so I thought it should have been a restart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]   Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 8 -  Silverstone GP [Apr 26th]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2