Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum

Go down 
+4
Sky Willis
Michal Janak
Dave Simmons
Timo Vermeersch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Empty
PostSubject: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeSun 9 Apr 2017 - 12:19

It's that time of year again... Spring cleaning. So, as my personal contribution to the household, I decided to clean out my small private racesim hardware museum and sell off the stuff I'm not using anymore.

Still, would be nicer if some of this stuff ended up with people who I know may appreciate it. So before putting it up on e-Bay, I'll let you guys have a look. If anyone is interested, drop me a line. If no one is interested, it goes to e-Bay.

So, here comes the first one.

The VPP-steering wheel. VPP stands for Virtual Performance Parts and used to be a high end manufacturer of sim hard ware, who went bankrupt. Their wheel was kind off the first high end racesim wheel.

[img]Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum 33888667576_4cbde04de4_zIMG_0957 by Timo Vermeersch, on Flickr[/img]

It is made fully in steel (very solid) and has two engines for the force feedback (hence the two adapters). Each engine can be turned on or off individually. It has eight buttons on the steering wheel itself and some more on the metal casing (kind of like a dash-board). And has two paddles for shifting.

I bought it together with my rack and pedalset from VPP. Honestly, I loved the feel in the hand (real racing wheel) but never liked the force feed-back. It is however very solidly build and, if the pedals are anything to go by, indestructable.

Here you can find a short movie from someone else using the wheel.

That's it.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Dave Simmons
Club Driver

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeSun 9 Apr 2017 - 19:17

How much would you expect for this? and are there any pedals available?
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeSun 9 Apr 2017 - 21:05

what is wrong on FF on this wheel?
How much you ask?
Back to top Go down
Sky Willis
Club Driver
Sky Willis

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2016-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeSun 9 Apr 2017 - 21:36

bet a wheel like that would break my table
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeSun 9 Apr 2017 - 22:01

Rather your wallet ... :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeMon 10 Apr 2017 - 11:38

I'm not selling the pedals with the wheel, as the VPP-pedals are the one I currently use. And I'm so satisfied with them that I don't plan on swapping.

However, I still have a set of ECCI-pedals lying around somewhere that will be put up for sale as one of the next items.

As to the FFB, there is nothing wrong with it as such. It just that I didn't like it. At the time I got this wheel, I had been driving a Logitech Driving Force GT for quiet some time and got so used to the Logi-FF that I really only seem to like that now. I'm currently using a Thrustmaster T500 RS and after a year or three, still kinda of miss my old G25. So it's rather a personal feeling.

To compare it with a Logitech, the FF feels less smooth to me, more raw.

As to pricing, should there be no interest here, I kinda plan on putting it up at e-Bay at a starting price of 75,00 EUR. Then leave it two weeks and see where it ends. I'll consider anything half reasonable taking the above in consideration.

One thing though, as with e-Bay, I would expect the buyer to take shipping costs. Taking into account that this things ways in at easily 15 Kg's that may be something. I can ask the Begian postal services for an indication if that helps.

One last nice thing. On the pic, you can see that the actual steering wheel is bolted onto the button and paddle unit with three imbus-screws. You can actually screw it off, get whatever real life race wheel you would like and, provided you have three holes drilled into it at the right spot, bolt that on to the unit.

Hope that helps,

Timo
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeMon 10 Apr 2017 - 11:53

75 euros Shocked That's a bargain, will fly away long before this morning ...
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeMon 10 Apr 2017 - 12:00

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
75 euros Shocked That's a bargain, will fly away long before this morning ...

I'm not trying to make money on this thing. It's just silly to have it lying around there in the atic while someone else could enjoy it. And there's the shipping...

As to the shipping, for you, if you are patient till early July, I can even drop it off in Valencia. I will be passing through on our anual way to the El Gran Sur.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeMon 10 Apr 2017 - 19:55

15kg??? affraid affraid affraid
I think it would be cheaper for me to visit you than a shipping service!!!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeMon 10 Apr 2017 - 20:15

Quote :
As to the shipping, for you, if you are patient till early July, I can even drop it off in Valencia. I will be passing through on our anual way to the El Gran Sur.

Really? Well that sounds too tempting to reject, so if you want it sold, I will buy it from you and you can drop it here in July :top: My son is about to start needing a wheel, and I can't think of anything better under 100 euros Shocked
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeMon 10 Apr 2017 - 21:40

Hehe Ibanez Jr. joining us soon on track then ? That's great mate !
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeMon 10 Apr 2017 - 21:43

Maybe next year, as soon as I see him safe enough on track. He will just turn 12 next month, so still lots of time Smile
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeMon 10 Apr 2017 - 21:52

Nice Smile Some laps on the training server every now and again can't hurt in the meantime, although our current series are maybe not the easiest cars for a beginner.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeTue 11 Apr 2017 - 7:50

Raul wrote:
15kg??? affraid affraid affraid
I think it would be cheaper for me to visit you than a shipping service!!!

Well, I may have gone a bit over the top there. Put it on a scale last night. Without adapters it ways in at about 6.1 kg's. So adapters in at most 6.5 kg.

Alberto wrote:
Really? Well that sounds too tempting to reject, so if you want it sold, I will buy it from you and you can drop it here in July :top: My son is about to start needing a wheel, and I can't think of anything better under 100 euros Shocked

Is that 100.00 EUR bid then?

Timo
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeTue 11 Apr 2017 - 8:41

Quote :
Is that 100.00 EUR bid then?

LOL I said under 100  Laughing

I looked for some info or reviews and I'm not sure if the wheel works with Windows 7 and more modern systems, as the company dissapeared and the last drivers were for XP I think. And the quality of connections seems to be debatable. But the wheel and its pads and case are top quality, so even if I had to throw the internals and make of it a spring based wheel (Non FF) the OMP is already worth more than the 100 euros, so yeah, if you drop it here I will give you that sum and even invite you to a beer :top: 

So let's make this deal, if by summer you haven't sold the wheel and you come around, I buy it from you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeThu 13 Apr 2017 - 21:00

Alberto,

looks like your kid is gonna get a VPP-wheel as first wheel.

Juha came around tonight and had a look at it. He seemed to like it but the thing is too large to fit on his race rack.

Good thing is we hooked it up to his laptop under Windows 8. The laptop immediatelly recognised the wheel. He launched rFactor and could drive with the wheel with FF and all. Without having to install any driver.

So, if you still want it, I will bring it along to Valencia early July.

Cheers,

Timo
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeThu 13 Apr 2017 - 21:00

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
[I looked for some info or reviews and I'm not sure if the wheel works with Windows 7 and more modern systems, as the company dissapeared and the last drivers were for XP I think. And the quality of connections seems to be debatable. But the wheel and its pads and case are top quality, so even if I had to throw the internals and make of it a spring based wheel (Non FF) the OMP is already worth more than the 100 euros, so yeah, if you drop it here I will give you that sum and even invite you to a beer :top: 

The wheel works with Windows 8. No need to download drivers, it really is Plug & Play, everything works. If it it ends up on Spain, I'm sure your son will have a lot of fun with it. :top:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeThu 13 Apr 2017 - 23:27

Sure Timo, I will be here on those dates :top: 

In any case, if you want to sell it to someone else near you who picks it, don't hesitate. I take it as bargain, but no need for you to carry it here if you can give it someone there who will enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeFri 14 Apr 2017 - 13:43

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

In any case, if you want to sell it to someone else near you who picks it, don't hesitate. I take it as bargain, but no need for you to carry it here if you can give it someone there who will enjoy it.

That's the main thing really: that someone enjoys it somewhere... Worst thing that could happen is that I reinstall it and keep it after all. Otherwise, expect a pm late June to fix a drop point Very Happy .

Timo
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeFri 14 Apr 2017 - 19:26

:top:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeSun 7 May 2017 - 8:17

For some reason I don't succeed in sending you pm's Alberto.

Pedals are still here.

Cheers,

Timo
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitimeSun 7 May 2017 - 21:52

PM should be working now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum   Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spring cleaning - cleaning out private little sim hardware museum
Page 1 of 1