Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HSO Interviews

Go down 
+23
Lukáš Vydra
Juha Bos
Yves Plaçais
Raul Jereb
Jason Fitch
Pascal Mikula
Jukka Närhi
Mathieu Leclerc
Peter Blom
Greg Hunt
Jacob Fredriksson
Ludovic Tiengou
Guillaume Siebert
Honza Mild
Matthias Weber
Jonatan Acerclinth
Michal Janak
Sky Willis
Matthew Hull
Alberto Ibañez
Ricard Suanya
Karel Marciniszyn
Frank Verplanken
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

HSO Interviews - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr 2017 - 16:20

Interview #3 is up and is about one of our long-time French members, Yves Plaçais. As for all the future interviews of French speaking members, it is available both in French and in English, depending if you access the site via its French or English homepage.

Thanks to Yves for having taken the time to answer our questions :chinois: !

:flag:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Ricard Suanya
Experienced Driver
Ricard Suanya

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Apr 2017 - 0:13

Amazing interview!! :hello: :top:
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Apr 2017 - 0:34

:top:
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Apr 2017 - 9:11

Great one with true gentleman! As I have the experience of having only (!!!) 3 children I have to admire what Yves achieved in his simracing career knowing he has 4 Smile nothing short of pure admiration :hello:
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Apr 2017 - 9:44

One new interview :banane: :banane: :banane:
...and another way of seeing simracing.

And from one of french oldtimer legends :chinois: . I'm quite sure no frenchman had a longer and as good simracing career as Yves. One of the most regular pilots ever if I may
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Apr 2017 - 10:40

Very interesting and possitive reading :top:
Back to top Go down
Mathieu Leclerc
Club Driver
Mathieu Leclerc

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Apr 2017 - 21:37

Thanks for those interviews great stuff.

As a french guy, i was interested in Yves 's interview as i raced against during many seasons manly in GT class (FIA-GT1 and GT2) at LFGTR,

and i have a big respect for Yves, there he was my mark to know if i was not to bad.

(on my side cannot have the pics in the 3 intw)

edit: please to see the french version on intw thanks Frank
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffsca.org
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Apr 2017 - 20:32

Good to know you a bit more Yves Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Apr 2017 - 11:16

I am flattered to being mentioned by Yves as a driver he admires. :hello: Nice read, glad to get to know you better!

Quote :
Your ultimate simracing nightmare : That HSO would cease to exist. Also, a power outage in the last turn on my way to victory in the 1982 Nürburgring 1000 Kms of the WEC. Not to mention a full season of racing exclusively held at Magny-Cours.

Haha!
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Apr 2017 - 11:37

Can everybody see the pics in the interviews ? Which browser are you using Matthieu ?
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Apr 2017 - 12:55

Everything fine on my side.
Superb idea with the interviews!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Apr 2017 - 13:18

On my side the pictures are visible
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Apr 2017 - 14:56

ok for me, everything visible
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Apr 2017 - 15:00

Will any of the admins agree to be interviewed? :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Apr 2017 - 15:37

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Can everybody see the pics in the interviews ? Which browser are you using Matthieu ?
For me, i can't see the pics. I first have to click "Show image", then go back to the page and then the image will be loaded.

Using Mozilla Firefox 51.0.1 on Windows 8.1
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Apr 2017 - 18:43

I'm the same as Pascal, I have to show pics first then go back.

Also using Firefox but Win10.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Apr 2017 - 18:48

Jukka Maattanen wrote:

Yes and several already have answered :jp: ! One of them should be the next to be published I think Smile

Thanks for the feedback pics guys. The site is optimised for Google Chrome so that may be why some of you have troubles seeing them Neutral I'll see if I can do anything about it though Wink.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Apr 2017 - 19:23

Jukka Maattanen wrote:

We have some, but debateing wether to censor the section about past achievements, to prevent depression and suicides among the readers Suspect
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Apr 2017 - 22:12

Nice interview mr. Yves!!
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 7:38

The interview could be missing a question. Isn't (or wasn't) Yves a race marshall during the 24 hours Le Mans? I know some of our french "aliens" used to be.

Could also have been nice to ask if Karel, Jacob and the following fellows had ever had a true motor racing activities (driver, copilot, marshall or anything else related to racing). It could be nice to know that some of us are linking their simracing hobby to a true activity in motor racing. My two cent though

Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 9:23

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
The interview could be missing a question. Isn't (or wasn't) Yves a race marshall during the 24 hours Le Mans? I know some of our french "aliens" used to be.

Oui, c'est vrai, Ludo, merci de le souligner, cela fait effectivement 38 ans cette année que je suis commissaire, entre autres épreuves, aux 24H du Mans. Et cela fait 50 éditions auxquelles j'ai assisté sans en louper une seule.... sauf cette année où des activités artistiques et musicales plus que prenantes vont m'empêcher d'y assister, et c'est un vrai crève-coeur.
Alors, c'est peut-être inconsciemment que j'ai omis d'en parler dans l'interview.

D'un autre côté, étant responsable d'une équipe de commissaires, et totalement impliqué dans cette fonction (petit rouage, indispensable certes, d'une énorme organisation très complexe), si mon côté "bénévole" sortait de chaque édition satisfait du travail accompli, mon côté "fan" était totalement frustré car ne pouvant profiter comme je l'aurai souhaité de LA course. Je me console donc cette année en me disant que je pourrai profiter de la globalité du spectacle grâce aux retransmissions intégrales.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Apr 2017 - 10:43

Yves Plaçais wrote:

Oui, c'est vrai, Ludo, merci de le souligner, cela fait effectivement 38 ans cette année que je suis commissaire, entre autres épreuves, aux 24H du Mans. Et cela fait 50 éditions auxquelles j'ai assisté sans en louper une seule.... sauf cette année où des activités artistiques et musicales plus que prenantes vont m'empêcher d'y assister, et c'est un vrai crève-coeur.
Alors, c'est peut-être inconsciemment que j'ai omis d'en parler dans l'interview.

D'un autre côté, étant responsable d'une équipe de commissaires, et totalement impliqué dans cette fonction (petit rouage, indispensable certes, d'une énorme organisation très complexe), si mon côté "bénévole" sortait de chaque édition satisfait du travail accompli, mon côté "fan" était totalement frustré car ne pouvant profiter comme je l'aurai souhaité de LA course. Je me console donc cette année en me disant que je pourrai profiter de la globalité du spectacle grâce aux retransmissions intégrales.

Chef de poste c'est pas un petit rouage je trouve. Pour connaitre un peu l'envers du décor (mon père fait parti du staff en direction de course. Il va d'ailleurs honorer son 50eme depart des 24 Heures cette année en tant que médecin), je sais l'importance d'un bon chef de poste pour la pérénité de l'épreuve.

On a trop souvent tendance à oublier les commissaires de piste. Mais ils sont vitaux pour la bonne marche de l'épreuve. Quand on les voit déblayer la piste en course on a du mal à réaliser les risques que cela implique. Pour avoir pu assister à des courses depuis certains postes (Mulsanne, Indianapolis et le poste en milieu de la ligne droite des Hunaudières...désolé j'ai oublié les numéros qui sont utilisés en fait pour les désigner :D ), je sais très bien ce que cela implique quand un accident arrive.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jun 2017 - 21:14

Looking forward to the next one, irrespective of when it is posted Smile
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Feb 2019 - 13:56

After a very long break the HSO interviews are back ! This time the honour goes to Timo Vermeersch.

The interview is available on the HSO website.

Last edited by Juha Bos on Fri 22 Feb 2019 - 20:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Feb 2019 - 22:37

I love these interviews and I like it's continuing :top:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HSO Interviews   HSO Interviews - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HSO Interviews
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: Paddock-
Jump to: