Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion

Go down 
+7
Frank Verplanken
Timo Vermeersch
Jukka Närhi
Alberto Ibañez
Ben Paulet
David Jundt
Jason White
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Empty
PostSubject: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 17:22

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/general-motors/2017/03/06/gm-opel-psa-sale/98783864/
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 18:05

Oh là là!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 18:40

We have the confirmation, for sure french people like the ugly car design. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 19:44

I think you just did it as a revenge against the germans lol!
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 21:47

It's a great big fuck you to every mechanic in the world if they decide to use the French balljoints and oil-leaking clusterfuck motors on the Opels too.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 10:56

Ben Paulet wrote:
We have the confirmation, for sure french people like the ugly car design. Rolling Eyes

Frankly, I kinda liked this one...

Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion 2013-Opel-Adam-photos-2

They could rebrang it 2CV... One more in the line of new Mini, Beetle and Fiat 500.

Timo

Last edited by Timo Vermeersch on Tue 7 Mar 2017 - 11:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 10:59

Jukka Maattanen wrote:
It's a great big fuck you to every mechanic in the world if they decide to use the French balljoints and oil-leaking clusterfuck motors on the Opels too.

I think the reason behind buying Opel is improving their cars with german technology :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 11:04

Opel had some good ones in the past, the Opel GT was a neat little thing imho.

Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Opel-gt-62743-3163104

And of course Opel also is one of the oldest names in racing.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 11:13

This is a proper Opel 

Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Image19
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 11:16

Hehe yes Smile. Their 1914 Grand Prix car was beautiful too !
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 11:30

For sure, it's better to get german techno rather than their design. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 12:12

Ben Paulet wrote:
For sure, it's better to get german techno rather than their design. Twisted Evil

Haha well that's a matter of taste of course. To each his own, so you can keep your Clio and I will keep my BMW coupé :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 12:20

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Opel had some good ones in the past, the Opel GT was a neat little thing imho.

http://www.ewallpapers.eu/sites/default/files/opel-gt-62743-3163104.jpg

And of course Opel also is one of the oldest names in racing.

The GT looks a lot better in its original shape:

Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Opelgt10

My dad had a few of them, I don't know exactly how many. He imported them from California and Texas. The last one had the chrome bumpers, leather interior, auto gearbox, wooden steering wheel, and it was bright orange, which looked great. It certainly looked neater than the English/French/Italian rust buckets that followed, all of the same vintage but with a lot more holes in the floor. :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 12:26

Ben Paulet wrote:

Don't forget their build quality. We've owned about 30 cars in 25 years, but the French still produced the only model with removable door cards, door handles and inboard driver's feet washing equipment. The exhaust system had a "loud racing" mode and you could do your arm workout while driving when the power steering failed again. The only good thing about the car were its tyres, and they were Czech. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 12:30

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Ben Paulet wrote:

Haha well that's a matter of taste of course. To each his own, so you can keep your Clio and I will keep my BMW coupé :hihi:
It's well because I own a ugly french car that I said we like ugly design. And you can keep your bmw, I find that ugly too, as the almost mainstream cars made during lasts decades. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 12:32

You will never be able to beat the first Twingo. I was part of a group of friends who hated it so much, we wanted to collect money among ourselves to buy a 2nd hand one just to throw it from a cliff Laughing Unfortunately we would not be getting an environmental license to do that, and we were not willing to remove the remains so we had to abandon the idea.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 12:39

Juha Bos wrote:
The GT looks a lot better in its original shape:

My dad had a few of them, I don't know exactly how many. He imported them from California and Texas. The last one had the chrome bumpers, leather interior, auto gearbox, wooden steering wheel, and it was bright orange, which looked great. It certainly looked neater than the English/French/Italian rust buckets that followed, all of the same vintage but with a lot more holes in the floor. :D

Yes thanks for the picture :top: I see what you mean re the bright orange bodywork, a guy in my street had one for many years but apparently sold it a while back.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 12:53

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
You will never be able to beat the first Twingo. I was part of a group of friends who hated it so much, we wanted to collect money among ourselves to buy a 2nd hand one just to throw it from a cliff Laughing Unfortunately we would not be getting an environmental license to do that, and we were not willing to remove the remains so we had to abandon the idea.

It would probably have fallen apart before hitting the bottom. lol!
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 14:03

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Ben Paulet wrote:

I'm pretty sure Clio is better know as the History muse and the BMW Coupé as the favorite car for pimps around the world.
Well my choice is very quickly made then lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 14:03

I rendered the ass end of an Opel once  Smile

Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion OldSchool-Viscom-Opel-GT-Rendering-by-Jason-White-11
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 14:54

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Ben Paulet wrote:

I'm pretty sure Clio is better know as the History muse and the BMW Coupé as the favorite car for pimps around the world.
Well my choice is very quickly made then lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Ahhh the french national chauvisnism pride :D
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 16:22

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

Ahhh the french national chauvisnism pride :D

I'm not french. I'm briton. Breizh Atao :D :D :D :D :D
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 16:58

Same difference :langue:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 17:37

Jason White wrote:
I rendered the ass end of an Opel once  Smile

Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion OldSchool-Viscom-Opel-GT-Rendering-by-Jason-White-11

Beautiful, Jason :top: Do you sometimes sell your artwork ? Do you take commands ? Like could someone commission you a drawing of a given car ?
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitimeTue 7 Mar 2017 - 17:59

I'm biased. My first automobile memory is a red Opel Manta B with vinyl roof and a cascade rear window cover (bit difficult to describe, but they were pretty en vogue back then). I was fascinated by the rear vent window and its mechanism. At least until we got hit from behind and my head landed on that exact thingy.

Then, two years ago, my car rental company lent me an (coincidence!) red Opel Corsa (looking very rakish with black wheels), and gotta admit it was one of the best cars they ever gave me. Nice ergonomics, nice quality, the engine had a nice punch, yet was decently economic, the suspension made for a motivating ride, yet it offered a nice long-range comfort for a car of the size. And what I liked most: for a modern car, it really had an own character. Take one of the Polos the car rental usually gave me, they are certainly nice, near perfect cars, but they do nuffin to leave an impression. A nice, reliable and respectable ride, but its so bland, there's nothing in particular I could remember driving them. Unlike the Corsa, which made it on my virtual 'if I'd ever buy a factory-new car'-shortlist Smile

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Jukka Maattanen wrote:

I think the reason behind buying Opel is improving their cars with german technology :hihi:

That is actually an interesting issue I'd love to know how they sorted that out. All the the technology, patents and knowledge are not owned by Opel, but belong to GM in Detroit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion   Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Peugeot-Citroen buys Opel and Vauxhall for 2.2 billion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next