1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Bruno Chacon
Club Driver

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Tue 18 Apr 2017 - 1:48

Jason White wrote:
Frank Verplanken wrote:
Your enthusiasm is appreciated Bruno Smile. Be patient, you'll get a chance soon Wink.

If Bruno wants to be part of the Buick brigade at Indy, that could be fun. Shared setups and scheming to upset the thoroughbreds Smile

I'm persistent and I usually get to the end of the races.
If the Buick brigade will accept me, it will be my pleasure.
In fact, I want the peace of mind that I can count on an equipment, even if inferior, to be able to dedicate myself to work on it.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 11694
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Tue 18 Apr 2017 - 1:57

LOL if you want reliable equipment, the Buick V6 is the powerplant for you! :hihi:

Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Tue 18 Apr 2017 - 2:53

Jason White wrote:
LOL if you want reliable equipment, the Buick V6 is the powerplant for you! :hihi:

Was that...did your eye just twitch when you said that with a straight face? lol!

"But when he got behind the wheel, that was quite a different story. Emerson was no mouse, to us he was...a wolf! When he heard the sound of that engine revving it unleashed a wild beast within him. As soon as the flag went down...he became an animal. It was one of the sports deepest, darkest secrets"
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Tue 18 Apr 2017 - 7:00

Good morning guys lol!

#23 please :hihi:  :spy:

Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Tue 18 Apr 2017 - 7:00

#8 March please. With a few spare engines if possible. :D

2016 Jigger Award Winner :first:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be Online
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Tue 18 Apr 2017 - 12:29

Jan Kowalski wrote:
Good morning guys lol!

#23 please :hihi:  :spy:

Slept well?

Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Tue 18 Apr 2017 - 14:08

Since Jan has the 23, I'll take the 55 (since, if I'm not wrong, the 55 moves to Tier 2 and I'm in there, right?)
Ooooor all the others move to tier 1, same thing :D

What is Psychosis? - When everybody turns into tiny dolls and they have needles in their mouths and they hate you and you don't care because you have THE KNIFE! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! - Definition courtesy of Dr Lemuel Pillmeister (also known as Lemmy)
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/GrandPrixracer100
Juha Bos
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Tue 18 Apr 2017 - 14:21

Too early Pascal, it goes to Tier 1 at 16h52. lol!

2016 Jigger Award Winner :first:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be Online
Pascal Mikula
Pro Driver

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Tue 18 Apr 2017 - 14:24

Juha Bos wrote:
Too early Pascal, it goes to Tier 1 at 16h52. lol!
God dammit meeeeeeeee!!! ;_;

What is Psychosis? - When everybody turns into tiny dolls and they have needles in their mouths and they hate you and you don't care because you have THE KNIFE! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! - Definition courtesy of Dr Lemuel Pillmeister (also known as Lemmy)
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Tue 18 Apr 2017 - 15:52

March #55 is now open to to tier 1 of the waiting list
If it is still vacant 24 hours from now, it goes to tier 2.

Pro Driver

Number of posts : 601
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Tue 18 Apr 2017 - 16:47

when i am interested to be on waiting list, which tier ? how big chances are there for average car (with egine capable to fiish 3h races)?

and seriously
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Tue 18 Apr 2017 - 16:54

Michal Janak wrote:
when i am interested to be on waiting list, which tier ?  how big chances are there for average car (with egine capable to fiish 3h races)?

In answer to the first question, you are tier 1 so #55 is yours if you want it.

It's a Cosworth, so it's one of the more reliable engines.

Pro Driver

Number of posts : 601
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Tue 18 Apr 2017 - 16:59

Jason White wrote:
Michal Janak wrote:
when i am interested to be on waiting list, which tier ?  how big chances are there for average car (with egine capable to fiish 3h races)?

In answer to the first question, you are tier 1 so #55 is yours if you want it.

It's a Cosworth, so it's one of the more reliable engines.

so I will take it

and seriously
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Tue 18 Apr 2017 - 22:30

In answer to Raul's question, here is our plan for the Indy 500 one-off allocation and timing:

April 24 --> The day after the F1 race, we post the download link for the 1988 IMS track.  Drivers can test offiine at their leisure for one week.

May 1 --> The track officially opens (meaning the server is up), and the drivers on our Indy first-come first-serve priority list have one week to pick a one-off car.  After the one week, the remaining one-off cars will be open to anyone.

May 8 --> The remaining one-off cars are open to anyone.

Pro Driver

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Tue 18 Apr 2017 - 23:54

So you legit took me off the Indy 500 list.. Thank you very much. Thank you very f'ing much.. Pretty sure you're all feeling great now.

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 2:53

Pascal Mikula wrote:
So you legit took me off the Indy 500 list.. Thank you very much. Thank you very f'ing much.. Pretty sure you're all feeling great now.

No, actually we are bummed out.  We wish you could learn from past mistakes and drive better.  At some point, we have to say enough is enough.  You ruined two people's races in just a few short minutes on Sunday; these were people who had been practicing for two weeks while you just show up 20 minutes before the race.  These are not bots you are punting into tire barriers. These are real people who have real time invested in this hobby.  It is now up to you to convince us that you have made tangible improvement in your driving approach before we allow you to drive in this series again.

League Owner

Number of posts : 11663
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 3:43

OK Pascal, I'm going to say this just once so I really need you to read it carefully and to acknowledge you have fully understood all what I am saying.

- like Jason said, no we are not feeling great at all. You have forced us to take extreme actions which we have very seldom had to take in the 9 years of existence of the league. It's not something we even remotely enjoy doing, we hate it when it goes down to such extreme sanctions. But it's on you.

- HSO has never been and will never be a discriminating organisation : everybody is free to join, regardless of their origins, age, simracing level and experience. That means everybody is given a fair chance to fit into the group. Those who don't fit are out, period. Also, if you join a group of adults you are expected to act like one and should expect to be treated like one.

- you are on very thin ice as it is, and your tone in your last message and your public insults towards HSO on social networks do not bode well for your future here.

- there are two ways to behave at HSO : our way, or the highway. If being an HSO member and participating in our races is important to you then your only course of action is to apologize, improve your on-track behaviour and your off-track manners. Otherwise you're out. And out for good.

:hello:

Scott Urick
Club Driver

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 7:18

Jason White wrote:
In answer to Raul's question, here is our plan for the Indy 500 one-off allocation and timing:

April 24 --> The day after the F1 race, we post the download link for the 1988 IMS track.  Drivers can test offiine at their leisure for one week.

May 1 --> The track officially opens (meaning the server is up), and the drivers on our Indy first-come first-serve priority list have one week to pick a one-off car.  After the one week, the remaining one-off cars will be open to anyone.

May 8 --> The remaining one-off cars are open to anyone.

Moving right along . . . . . . .

For any of the Tier 1 guys trying to decide what ride to grab, you can get a jump on testing by grabbing the Indy Track Pack from the USAC73 series last year! There is a version of the 1988 Indy track in there. As I understand it, NO!, that is not the track we are going to run. But if you want to get a feel for the different cars that will be available as one-off rides, it is far more than adequate as a testing venue! If the demand for rides remains as great as it has been (as in evidence from the on-going trolling for any ride that opens up), you will want to have your mind made up before the registration opens! Otherwise, just lace up your roller-skates -- the good ones will be gone.

In addition, if there is anyone who hasn't run at Indianapolis before, she is a fickle old girl. If you would like a primer on driving the track or some help with setups, I can put a room up with the track I mentioned above and provide some tips. I have tested most of the engine/chassis combinations available and I'm willing to watch how your car behaves for you and suggest adjustments. I have some time to do that over the next couple weeks, so just PM me when you would like to meet. And since I'm not going to just pass out setups, all I ask is you are able to join HSO's TeamSpeak and have two-way communication. (I'm not going to type in chat all night.)

Let me know.

Thoughts and prayers for Bob Wilson!
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Pro Driver

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 8:13

Frank Verplanken wrote:
OK Pascal, I'm going to say this just once so I really need you to read it carefully and to acknowledge you have fully understood all what I am saying.

- like Jason said, no we are not feeling great at all. You have forced us to take extreme actions which we have very seldom had to take in the 9 years of existence of the league. It's not something we even remotely enjoy doing, we hate it when it goes down to such extreme sanctions. But it's on you.

- HSO has never been and will never be a discriminating organisation : everybody is free to join, regardless of their origins, age, simracing level and experience. That means everybody is given a fair chance to fit into the group. Those who don't fit are out, period. Also, if you join a group of adults you are expected to act like one and should expect to be treated like one.

- you are on very thin ice as it is, and your tone in your last message and your public insults towards HSO on social networks do not bode well for your future here.

- there are two ways to behave at HSO : our way, or the highway. If being an HSO member and participating in our races is important to you then your only course of action is to apologize, improve your on-track behaviour and your off-track manners. Otherwise you're out. And out for good.

:hello:

Okay, you know what? Since I'm honestly very frustrated by the obvious risk of me missing out on the Indy 500 again, I firstly apologize for my behavior yesterday since, obviously, I've been filled with anger because of that. Also, I admit to being a hard learner as far as my driving is concerned. Yes, I had 20 minutes of online practice on Sunday. I've driven way too aggressively in the beginning of the Long Beach race but I acknowledged that on the spot when the incidents happened (I know, too late, but I think better late than never) and the first thing I did in my post after the race was apologize to everyone I caused trouble to, obviously including Alberto and Dana. And since Jason only quoted the first part of the first sentence of my post, I assume(d) that he only read that part (which is unlikely but his response to that made me think so).
So, the next two races I attend are Silverstone in F191 and the Nordschleife in the WEC Series. You'll see if I can drive more carefully.

Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner

Number of posts : 13537

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 8:25

It's one thing to acknowledge and apologize, and it's the easiest thing. The other and harder thing is to learn from your mistakes, which you obviously haven't so far and that is what the admins have decided to sanction because you've been behaving like this for over a year now.

Number of posts : 11663

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 10:00

It's like Gui said : you've done the easy part Pascal, and it is a step in the right direction, but now it's up to you to translate that into facts on track and to attain, and most of all maintain, a higher standard of behaviour when you race with us, every time you race with us. Some of us admins think you can change for good, others think you can't. Prove the former group right and the latter one wrong, that's all we ask from you.

Now this conversation is over, this thread can go back to its initial purpose.

Scott Urick
Club Driver

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 18:51

Jason Fitch wrote:
Jason White wrote:

Was that...did your eye just twitch when you said that with a straight face? lol!

Boys and girls, this how to spot sleep deprivation in your colleagues. That and when you find them hunched over their favorite race car model, fondly stroking it and continually repeating, "My pretty, my pretty, my pretty . . . . .". Suspect
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Fri 21 Apr 2017 - 8:38

Out of respect for Bob Wilson, we will be setting aside the #2 Lola for the month of May.  
After round 3 is completed, we will make the drive available for reallocation.

Club Driver

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2015-02-28

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Mon 29 May 2017 - 20:30

Rest season waiting list Smile

Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   Tue 30 May 2017 - 21:20

Could I have it?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List   

Back to top Go down

1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Entry List
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next