Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th]

Go down 
+35
Mick Chapman
Frank Verplanken
Guillaume Siebert
Jan Kowalski
Porfirio Dias Santos
Ben Paulet
Matthias Weber
Jason Whited
Bruno Chacon
Michael Drechsler
Jonatan Acerclinth
Jon Maycock
Ryan Walker
Alberto Ibañez
Carl Larrad
Rob Swindells
Jon Hawkins
Roberto Mello
Filippo Marazzi
Thiago Canola
Jacob Fredriksson
Ludovic Tiengou
Dana Schurer
Yves Plaçais
Raul Jereb
David Jaques
James Knowles
David Jundt
Jukka Närhi
Pascal Mikula
Andre Lagunzad
Juha Bos
Jason White
Martin Lacina
Richard Coxon
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th] - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th]   Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 10:22

Filippo Marazzi wrote:
Thank you very much for this opportunity, I really enjoy the race. Great Championship.
Special thanks to Andre and Raul for the battle during the first hour.
It was very hard for me to keep my concentration for the following 5 hours.
It was the very first online race of my life...
I'm sorry in case I caused any problem to the gr.C driver,
I hope to improve my performances in the next race.

I think you drove the entire 6 hours alone, without a co-pilot. To top it off, I think you were the only Gr5 car to actually finish the race... In a 935 that has a rather specific way of handling, to say the least...

Impressive stuff. Well done.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th]   Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 10:25

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Filippo Marazzi wrote:
Thank you very much for this opportunity, I really enjoy the race. Great Championship.
Special thanks to Andre and Raul for the battle during the first hour.
It was very hard for me to keep my concentration for the following 5 hours.
It was the very first online race of my life...
I'm sorry in case I caused any problem to the gr.C driver,
I hope to improve my performances in the next race.

I think you drove the entire 6 hours alone, without a co-pilot. To top it off, I think you were the only Gr5 car to actually finish the race... In a 935 that has a rather specific way of handling, to say the least...

Impressive stuff. Well done.

Timo

+1 :top:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th]   Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 10:33

Filippo you ended the race driving much better than at the beginning, so that is a good thing. You say you have little practice in online racing, so it will only get better. What you need to learn is how to let the passing cars by better, there are some tips for that but the basic one: Don't do anything strange, just go on with your racing. If he has caught you, he can pass you. Brake at the same point as usual and stay on the outside edge of the track in the corner, doing a late apex. That should suffice. See you at the next one :top:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th]   Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 19:41

I just noticed that this race was my 100th race at HSO!!!
nice :top:
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th]   Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Mar 2017 - 14:25

Raul Jereb wrote:
I just noticed that this race was my 100th race at HSO!!!
nice :top:
cheers :clap: :clap: :drink:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th]   Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Mar 2017 - 14:35

Hehe Nice Raul :top:
Let me take this opportunity to remind you all our Hall of Fame which displays the top 25 in HSO career stats in eight different categories, with the possibility to see yearly stats for those categories as well Smile. All-time leader in career starts is Ben who should reach the rather mythical 500 mark very soon now affraid :clap: ! Philou well on his way to better JP for most races finished too :top:... unless Gérard and Yves beat him to it  :slurp:  !
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th]   Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Mar 2017 - 16:54

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Hehe Nice Raul :top:
Let me take this opportunity to remind you all our Hall of Fame which displays the top 25 in HSO career stats in eight different categories, with the possibility to see yearly stats for those categories as well Smile. All-time leader in career starts is Ben who should reach the rather mythical 500 mark very soon now affraid :clap: ! Philou well on his way to better JP for most races finished too :top:... unless Gérard and Yves beat him to it  :slurp:  !
Thanks Frank for bringing that one to my attention, hadn't seen that part of the HSO site before Embarassed

Nice to see that my finishing record is good, only 15 races (total) in my 170'something starts have I retired and in 2015, 33 finishes in 33 starts :hihi: :first: :champ: :drink:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th]   Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Mar 2017 - 17:17

Yes I'm sure you're not the only one who had not noticed our Hall of Fame Smile.

Your 91% finishing average is very impressive indeed, especially with so many starts Cool :top: I'm a long ways from that figure lol, but I am quite proud of my 2013 season in this respect : 90 races finished out of 94 starts. I would need many more seasons like that though to even get close to your finishing ratio !
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th]   Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Mar 2017 - 17:20

Nice one Jonatan, I retired a bit too often to stay above 90% finished races, some of them beign rather silly retirements Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th]   Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Mar 2017 - 17:24

The difference lies in the fact that while I'm profficient at finishing races, I rarely go fast enough (or drive cars good enough), to reliably getting wins or even top 5's, something which both of you are clearly far more profficient at Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th] - Page 8 3108518133

But my runs in the M23 and M26 McLaren's last year, especially at Long Beach and Zandvort, I consider some of my best drives to date, my best drives I had at another place where I finished 3rd and 6th over two events driving modern Mini's Embarassed

But again, thank you for your kind words Smile
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th]   Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Mar 2017 - 17:32

88% is still a nice enough ratio David, and you can easily enough be back in the 90s bracket before long Smile. Speaking of silly retirements I have my share of those too :aie: Quite a few discos and computer crashes in the early years, but mostly loads of races I attended without any preparation whatsoever and with little to no motivation :smil20: but that's on me so I guess that's fair !

Thanks Jonathan, I'm not too happy with my poor win ratio, but I do like my top 3 and top 5 ratios, especially considering the many retirements I have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th]   Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th] - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Pace Petroleum 6 Hours [Mar 12th]
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8