Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]

Go down 
+27
Alberto Ibañez
Frank Verplanken
Ben Paulet
Simon Wattman
Jonatan Acerclinth
David Jaques
Philippe Martinelli
Greg Hunt
Martin Lacina
Granata Gonzalo
Raymond Riddall
Karel Marciniszyn
Miroslav Havlík
Yves Plaçais
Petr Hlavac
Honza Mild
Matthias Weber
Dave Simmons
Mick Chapman
Juha Bos
Peter Blom
Michal Janak
Dylan Canton
Oyvind Andersen
Jacob Fredriksson
David Sabre
Richard Coxon
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 0:01

Richard Coxon wrote:
Greg Goissen wrote:
Box problèm . Wait me 5 min please

Ok,

what a shame , internet back only now , a lot of french people with same internet operator had this issue tonight Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 0:10

From hell to heaven in one go!

After going around practicing with the BMW to better gauge it's performance, it was really strange to get back to the Honda. It took me some time to get used to it, and i think my supreme cock up in the first lap of the first race had something to do with it. After that i was last in the race, and i climbed all the way to a top then finish when i ended up in the barrier after an encounter with Juha at bridge.

Second race, more used to the car again, i managed to get a honda lockdown of the front row! This time my start was better, and coming the first corner i was in the lead, by just a bit over Yves. It was a lucky break for me, because Yves slowed the rest of the guys down just enough for me to get a small advantage that i had a really hard time managing the whole race against a very quick Coxon behind me. Was hard to keep consistency trying to be quick and safe at the same time, but i managed to do it, and in the end i redeemed myself from the first race with a win in the second! :drink:

Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 0:42

Michal Janak wrote:
Sorry for push you off at end in chicane, later on SF line i let you by for this

Very sporting. :top:

I hope the next race will be as much fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 8:59

I had two entertaining races, mostly because of my bad starts...

Great fights with all you guys around, everything absolutely fair.

My pace was way worse than expected, hope i'm more competitive next time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 9:15

Great night absolutely not disturbed by opponents which were too fast for me.
Thx Richard for the setup. :frank:
Grats to all participants and see you next time. :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 9:25

So another frustrating race. My PC problems was solved but i had no time to practice. Nobody gave me tip with car setup at the warmup, so i must hurry made by myself, but there was not much time. Result was very slow time...my bad only my.

Race1
20th place at the start was not motivating. But i had good start and race rhytm with luck. After 20 laps it was 2nd place at the independent after Dave. I calmed down and was ready to fight at the second race.

Race2
21th place ..... Good start, but again guys at the front of field made crash and i again lost my rear wing...i think it is some tradition or something like this, because it was 3rd race which i must drive without rear wing...i dont like it and hope that was last time....so i agian circled like a vulture and was again trying to keep the car on track and reach finish. 4th place at independent....

Some champ points was made and i hope next race will be much better.

Thank you HSO for racing, thanks guys for broadcasting, grats to podium and good luck at the Oulton.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 9:33

I shouldn't have started. With fever, headache and dizziness, it was a bad idea. Easily my worst race(s) in years. Crashes, rollovers (three per race, seriously???), miserable driving overall.

Anyway, my affair with FWD has been a disaster right from the start. I just don't get the physics, don't understand why the car does one thing and then something completely different one lap later. There must be something about weight shifting or function of front diff that i simply can't work with.

I feel kind of guilty for occupying one of the best cars in the field. I was thinking... Would some of the BMW guys swap their ride with me? I might do better with RWD. If anyone is interested, pls let me know.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 9:34

Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Captur11

Richard, tu as eu de la chance sur ce coup là ! :aie:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 9:42

Satisfaction de la soirée : une BM en tête (pendant 10 mètres, et encore grâce à la perspective) pour la 1ère fois (et dernière ?) fois de l'année !

Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Captur12

Chaud, la BMW ! La plus difficile à piloter pour aller (très ?) vite depuis que je roule chez HSO !

Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Captur13
*l'effort du pilote pendant la course !
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 11:29

On the standings chart at the start of broadcast, there's a mistake with name's Greg, it's GoissEn not GoissAn. And second thing, I think it would be better xithout the wheelgun sound. Wink
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 11:49

If you get a bmw i might suply you with a setup Petr.
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 12:14

Ben Paulet wrote:
On the standings chart at the start of broadcast, there's a mistake with name's Greg, it's GoissEn not GoissAn. And second thing, I think it would be better xithout the wheelgun sound. Wink

yeah , thanks Benou, my darling cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 12:20

Petr Hlavac wrote:
I shouldn't have started. With fever, headache and dizziness, it was a bad idea. Easily my worst race(s) in years. Crashes, rollovers (three per race, seriously???), miserable driving overall.

Anyway, my affair with FWD has been a disaster right from the start. I just don't get the physics, don't understand why the car does one thing and then something completely different one lap later. There must be something about weight shifting or function of front diff that i simply can't work with.

I feel kind of guilty for occupying one of the best cars in the field. I was thinking... Would some of the BMW guys swap their ride with me? I might do better with RWD. If anyone is interested, pls let me know.  

Feel free to PM the BMW drivers Petr, if one can agrees to swap i will allow it under exceptional circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 12:39

My sincerest appologies for my misstake with your name Gregoire and for any other misstake that crept in. Embarassed

And yes, I agree on the wheelgun sounds, never noticed them before when driving myself but when looking back at the broadcast they are very clear to hear...
Will have all of this sorted for the next round.

And again, my sincerest appologies Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 12:44

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
My sincerest appologies for my misstake with your name Gregoire and for any other misstake that crept in.  Embarassed  :

Hey!! are you ok Mate ?? it was only Joke !! no problem .

believe me if I have to said your Name with my french accent for sure you will never Think that I speak about you :D :D :D :D :D :D

you made a great job and yours comments are great , no worries about my familly name

an advice , said just : Greg :hihi: everyone know me here :antoine: :langue:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 13:06

Greg Goissen wrote:
My sincerest appologies for my misstake with your name Gregoire and for any other misstake that crept in.  Embarassed  :

Hey!!  are you ok Mate ?? it was only Joke !! no problem .

believe me if I have to said your Name with my french accent for sure you will never Think that I speak about you :D :D :D :D :D :D  

you made a great job and yours comments are great , no worries about my familly name

an advice , said just : Greg :hihi:  everyone know me here :antoine: :langue:
I'm good mate, just me wanting to, when I do work for someone else, do the best I can with as few misstakes as possible and seeing that I made 2 with the graphics alone and then my internet dieing towards the end of the broadcast... It's just a tad bit frustrating for me :aie:

And ok, if you are ok with me/us saying Greg, then Greg it is, for the most part Smile
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 13:32

Don't worry Jonatan, you will not be burned for that, only a stage in the dark room. Laughing Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 14:38

Ben Paulet wrote:
Don't worry Jonatan, you will not be burned for that, only a stage in the dark room. Laughing Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389

oh yes oh yes ooooooohhhhh yyyyeeeessssssssss !!! Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 16:27

lol!
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 17:33

My sincerest appologies for my misstake with your name Gregoire and for any other misstake that crept in.  Embarassed  

And yes, I agree on the wheelgun sounds, never noticed them before when driving myself but when looking back at the broadcast they are very clear to hear...

just wathed R2 part of livestream, superb work Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 3108518133

only one point, who many times name me Martin Lacina?
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 17:36

Michal Janak wrote:
My sincerest appologies for my misstake with your name Gregoire and for any other misstake that crept in.  Embarassed  

just wathed R2 part of livestream, superb work Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 3108518133

Again, I'm appologies Embarassed

Realized with about 4-5 laps to go I think that it was you Michal and not Martin driving the Peugeot :aie:

But I'd say miss-identification of drivers/cars are part of what makes the broadcasts special :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 17:43

Michal Janak wrote:

Again, I'm appologies Embarassed

Realized with about 4-5 laps to go I think that it was you Michal and not Martin driving the Peugeot :aie:

But I'd say miss-identification of drivers/cars are part of what makes the broadcasts special :hihi:

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 18:16

I've linked the broadcast on my FB Simracing account, so I am torn between first and last name as there might be outsiders watching(and judging by the likes, there were some).

As there are two Richards, there's no going around using last names :hihi:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 22:30

Saw the replay race 1 those last 2 laps from the 4 leaders:

Jacob, Jacques, Jan and Greg oh my god almost pure comedy :urgence: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 :urgence: :aie: :hum:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 22:32

Peter Blom wrote:
Saw the replay race 1 those last 2 laps from the 4 leaders:

Jacob, Jacques, Jan and Greg oh my god almost pure comedy :urgence: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 1623587389 :urgence: :aie: :hum:

I don't dare watching that. :doh: Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]   Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 -  Silverstone International [Mar 1st]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next