Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]

Go down 
+26
Guillaume Siebert
Jonatan Acerclinth
Pascal Mikula
Greg Hunt
Philippe Martinelli
Petr Hlavac
Simon Wattman
Oyvind Andersen
Granata Gonzalo
Martin Lacina
Miroslav Havlík
Karel Marciniszyn
Dave Simmons
James Knowles
Peter Blom
Michal Janak
Mick Chapman
Jan Kowalski
Jacob Fredriksson
Dylan Canton
Juha Bos
Raymond Riddall
Yves Plaçais
Honza Mild
David Sabre
Richard Coxon
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2017 - 21:34

Who's commentating with Jonathan ? Good job guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2017 - 21:34

Server is back up. 5 mins until qualifying 2.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2017 - 21:58

Guillaume Siebert wrote:

David Jundt
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2017 - 22:27

Sorry to everyone who I caused trouble for, but really. Svenja, you got me out of both races. That wasn't really nice.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2017 - 22:37

Very entertaining race, and great broadcast :top: Grats to Greg, dominant win on your brithday :champ: fantastic come back from Richard Coxon and some knife in teeth scrapes around worth of the real thing :clap:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2017 - 22:38

Intense but uneventful races for me. Witnessed a lot of battles, but never really had the pace to shape the outcome of them. :smil20:

But points are points. Two solid top 5's is okay.
Back to top Go down
Svenja Titz
Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2014-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2017 - 22:47

Sorry Pascal, but in first race it wasn´t my fault. You get back on track to raceline and hit me. Second race you hidded me first to. Sorry that you couldn´t finish but my race was ruined too.

Look the Replay Sweetheart. :cowboy:
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2017 - 22:47

I think Jacob's report applies to me too. Lack of pace despite the power of the Honda. Not much time to practice this time. Still tried my best, hope for more speed next time! :drink:
Back to top Go down
Dave Simmons
Club Driver

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2017 - 22:53

Q1: PB but 2nd in TC as David just pipped me by hundredth of a second.

R1: Good start sneaking up the inside of one of the Honda's. Someone braked hard into Church causing a little chaos which i managed to survive... went into the barrier avoiding an upside down nissan and lost TC lead to Dylan... chased him down and managed to pass to take TC win and 9th Overall.

Q2: New PB but still behind David.

R2: Had a good start but slide into side of one of the Honda's and tipped into half spin. Couldnt break away from the pack and got swallowed up. Made a few personal mistakes and clipped Honza, slowed to let back past and found myself in 5th in TC... drove hard and had many tight battles mostly with David Sabre and the works Mondeos.. individual mistakes by others helped me into TC lead, which i nearly gave away on the last corner of the last lap by downshifting into 1st Ooops! held off for the win in TC and 10th Overall.

Thanks Admin, competitors and broadcast team..

ps apologies for speaking before others had finished, excitement got the better of me.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2017 - 23:19

Two good qualifyings that were ruined by two poor starts, I couldn't see any lights.
R1: I was bashed around for the first half a lap and the car was damaged which then on about lap3 just made the car slide through church and the car spun back onto the track in front of one of the Peugeots (soory).
R2: I managed to survive the first half a lap but I still got some damage. After that I was trying to fight back and had some good battles with the Mondeos and Dave Simmons Cavalier. I finished right on Dave's boot lid so I'm quite happy with that.
Hopefully I can keep the speed up next time.

Congrats to all, and well done Greg.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2017 - 23:27

Results and points are up  :flag:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2017 - 1:15

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
As Alberto said, it's David Jundt, it's nice to read that you seem to be enjoying the racing Smile

Here is the Broadcast Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQnPYCIheBQ

Cheers :drink:
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2017 - 7:32

I am not happy with the results of Thruxton. I had problems with my PC which i thought was solved.
Only 2 hours before race i can practise track and make setup.

Q1: PB, but still so slow...Dave so far away, Oyvind too and exchanged Dylan was quick too, and of course David Sabre was very fast.

R1: bad start, i have not seen the lights, many contacts...door to door, metal to metal. When it seemed that I caught the rhythm, and vision of championship points was very close, then from behind flown "torpedokamikazetaran" Oyvind who missed the braking point and thus decided that i cannot get any points. I was trying continue without rear wing, but it was hard and finaly i was flip my car on the roof. Thank you Michal for your efforts to help me!

Q2: some tweak with setup and PB, still Dave and David so far, but much more better feeling from driving this shopping car.

R2: Good start and i took some places, some very nice fights with Dylan and other drivers (thank you Dave for your gentleman move, I appreciate it) it was fun till ... problems with my PC which i thought was solved, was NOT solved. Again PC freeze for 1-2sec and then game leaves to the windows bar...i made speedoflight move with my mouse to restore game, but not enough these 3 sec was deadly and i was spinnig to the last esses Sad
4th place was weak solace for me.

Thank you HSO for racing, thank you guys for great broadcast (again friend told me it was very fun and he enjoyed race), next time will be better race...i hope scratch

Last edited by Honza Mild on Thu 16 Feb 2017 - 10:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2017 - 8:59

Connexion lost...Evil or Very Mad  C'est le résumé de la soirée d'hier pour moi.

Depuis plusieurs jours j'ai des soucis avec ma connexion internet, cela s'est confirmé malheureusement.

J'ai fait la moitié de la première course avant la coupure, puis la connexion coupait toutes les 5 mn, impossible de faire la deuxième course... Désolé pour mon absence forcée Rolling Eyes

J'espère, à la prochaine  Wink
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2017 - 9:40

One finish barely in top 10 and one landing on the roof. I guess it won't get any better for me with these cars, but it's fun Wink
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2017 - 10:58

2 great qualifications and races with correct rythm for once time with these cars .

some great battle with Jan , Richard and Paul Smile

:first:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2017 - 11:41

It wasn't as bad as Brands Hatch but the Mondeo proves to be very hard work as soon as there's a turn where the braking area isn't straight.

On both occasions I was faster than my teammate in qualifying, but that's about it. In the first race I went from 20th to 13th on lap 1, avoiding the carnage, and after a few laps I was inside the top 10. Then Martin spun at Church and with me right behind him in 6th gear I couldn't avoid him. No points this time. Race 2 wasn't much better. I ran between the independent entries and there was no way I could get in front of those Cavaliers. No points again.

I'll blame it on the car because I did finish first of the Mondeos in both races. :hihi:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2017 - 11:54

I also noticed that in the Mondeo when I tried it. You need more front brake bias and rear slow rebound than in other cars, that solves it to a big extent.
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2017 - 11:56

Greg Goissen wrote:
some great battle with Jan , Richard and Paul Smile

:first:  

Paul? who is that? Twisted Evil

I'll type my race review this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2017 - 12:20

Juha Bos wrote:
It wasn't as bad as Brands Hatch but the Mondeo proves to be very hard work as soon as there's a turn where the braking area isn't straight.

I'll blame it on the car because I did finish first of the Mondeos in both races. :hihi:

This is what happens when Reynard sticks their nose in and try's to build a Supertourer  :hihi: :aie:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2017 - 12:36

It didn't hurt Renault when they asked Williams to build something which doesn't look like a high downforce single seater. :D

Thanks for the advice Alberto. I'll give it a try for the next round.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2017 - 12:57

Juha Bos wrote:
. Then Martin spun at Church and with me right behind him in 6th gear I couldn't avoid him. No points this time.

Im so sorry Juha. As these cars are not oversteer under the throttle i was surprised what the car did yeasterday. I think there is some problem in the model of the track, some sharp edge on the curbs or something like that because it kick my front wheels to the right and i couldnt do anything. The similar problem is also in the church entry. The curbs on the right caused my long fly over the barrier. Fortunatelly whose modelled this track didnt forget to make a little hole in the fence so i was able to return on the track and finish the race. :clap:
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2017 - 13:03

My summary:

Q1: I could not find a good rhythm and was way off my PB...still enough for 3rd on the grid.
R1: In my current setup I'm driving a very long 1st gear so it's far easier to make a good start. In turn 2 I got a little nudge from (I think, still have to see the replay) Richard C and therefore I touched Greg but it was only minor. I fell back a few places because I was too conservative with my race setup and had low grip in the fast right hand corners. Still managed to finish 5th due to a late spin from Matthias Weber.

Q2: I had a coming together with my Honda teammate which blew both our laps...not good teamtactics Richard! Still, in Q2 I did my absolute best lap on this track. 1.13.799 but was still 4 tenths slower then Greg. Was your lap a legal one Greg? :hum:
R2: I made a perfect start, managed to overtake Greg before T1 but of course Jan's Audi came storming pass and he took the lead. I took a gamble and changed my race setup considerably. Happily I did because now I was fast enough to fight for the podium. Had some hairy moments with some aggressive driving from others but no real damage done. Greg was too fast but for quite some laps I was fighting with Jan for 2nd. His Audi was too wide for me to pass so I tried to hold 3rd. That worked until the last lap in the last corner...I was already seeing myself on the podium but I made a stupid error and lost about 1 second so Richard Coxon could slip by JUST before the finishline. Still, I was happy with my 2nd race..finaly I could fight again for the podium.

@Jacob nice to see you are so fast in the Vauxhall! The more diversity at front the better! :hello:

Thx to Jonathan and David for broadcasting this event :top:
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2017 - 18:17

Just watched the replay of the first race...very entertaining! Jacobs overtaking of Richard and Matthias on lap 2 turn 2 is the best I have seen so far this season, passing two cars under braking, cleanly! :top:

@Pascal I saw your incident on lap 1 with Svenja...not very good mate to get back on the racing line with such speed difference after a spin, better to stay on the right side until it's safe. I think Simon died in that crash...omg what a shunt! :urgence:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2017 - 19:38

Peter Blom wrote:
Just watched the replay of the first race...very entertaining! Jacobs overtaking of Richard and Matthias on lap 2 turn 2 is the best I have seen so far this season, passing two cars under braking, cleanly! :top:

I had forgotten about that one! Twisted Evil I guess "uneventful" is the wrong term to describe my races, it felt like I was punching above my weight class a bit! I like being the underdog, at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Thruxton [Feb 15th]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next