Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HSO Supertourers - Download

Go down 
+19
Oyvind Andersen
David Jundt
Raul Jereb
Richard Wilks
Jonatan Acerclinth
Dylan Canton
Alberto Ibañez
Abhishek Dalia
Greg Hunt
Jan Kowalski
Pascal Mikula
Jason White
Peter Blom
Sky Willis
Michal Janak
Steve Parker
Vadim Sadoshenko
François Remmen
Richard Coxon
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 16:43

Only time will tell. :smil20:

Michal, I'm not sure on your error, but no one else is suffering the same issues. Is the mod on a clean install?
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2011-12-18

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 17:11

Richard, I also have the problem of game crash. However, while I can't determine any consistent pattern.
Michal
The cause of game crash can be the smallest mistake for example in the records of the file of the physics of the car(any car, not necessarily the one you are using). Enough to leave a space between any symbols or not put the point. The file can work, but occasionally cause crashing the game. I'll be sure to work to determine the cause.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 19:20

We are going to switch to Silverstone for testing now... 

Here is the link for those of you who need it

ftp://91.121.135.76/rFactor/circuits/Silverstone%201991.rar
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 19:55

Vadim Sadoshenko wrote:
Richard, I also have the problem of game crash. However, while I can't determine any consistent pattern.
Michal
The cause of game crash can be the smallest mistake for example in the records of the file of the physics of the car(any car, not necessarily the one you are using). Enough to leave a space between any symbols or not put the point. The file can work, but occasionally cause crashing the game. I'll be sure to work to determine the cause.

I drowe Laguna, there was 2 other cars one i think was honda, 2nd BMW (dont know exactly)
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 19:58

We believe the track has some bug, Silverstone is now up. Test there if you want, it's working fine for now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2017 - 20:21

Jason White wrote:
We are going to switch to Silverstone for testing now... 

Here is the link for those of you who need it

ftp://91.121.135.76/rFactor/circuits/Silverstone%201991.rar

ok ill be online at 10 pm CET for some lapping Smile
Back to top Go down
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jan 2017 - 8:51

the FWD cars feel much less horrid then i remember FWD being Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017 - 16:06

ca donne quoi les temps sur silverstone ? any hotlap link ?

c'est abusé , je n arrive pas a prendre un virage avec ces voitures Shocked je me sors tout le temps .
l arriere qui passe devant à chaque freinage et entrée de courbe

pour sur ca doit etre du au fait que ce soit des tractions et non des propulsions study study study study
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017 - 16:12

There is no hotlap link as there was none when F1 testing was up.

These cars work best when braking in a straight line, they are designed to be on the power when going through the corner, many drivers commented they would power through the corner and it would pull the back end round.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017 - 16:34

For realisms sake when it comes to the gearboxes (as I've not taken the time to look at onboards, only drive the cars and remembering back to 1997 (I've got a few of the races that were recorded that year thanks to my parents...).

Is the X-trac gearboxes actual Sequentials like the gearboxes used in 97 (forward and backward to change gear) or race-prepared H-boxes like back in the early days of the 2-litre formula (IE 92 to 94)? Just wondering as the gearboxes is acting as H-shift gearboxes rather than more modern Sequentials (if that description makes sense).

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017 - 16:37

It was sequencial,  but auto throttle control was forbiden, so you have to lift and blip yourself.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017 - 18:00

Richard Coxon wrote:

These cars work best when braking in a straight line, they are designed to be on the power when going through the corner, many drivers commented they would power through the corner and it would pull the back end round.

This is what I just wanted to ask.. Im loosing my rear end in allmost every turn entry?? I figured it is better when braking before entering the turn, but again, there is no help if you start to loose the back.. my leg automaticly goes to braking, which make things even worse!

We drove a season of some touring cars (I dont remember the year, but there were Chevrolette Lacceti, and that other one, some BMW's, and I was driving Seat Leon) and I cant recall this much of "oversteering" when entering turns...
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017 - 18:13

Those are Super 2000 touring cars Raul that you mentioned, and they are of completely different spec to the Super Tourers era.

Another thing is if you are moving the brake bias way back, that will also not help the issue. I have it on 60:40 and i can turn and brake without much drama. Not heavy braking or heavy turning but i can certainly feather them to balance the car.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017 - 18:43

Richard Coxon wrote:
Those are Super 2000 touring cars Raul that you mentioned, and they are of completely different spec to the Super Tourers era.

Another thing is if you are moving the brake bias way back, that will also not help the issue. I have it on 60:40 and i can turn and brake without much drama. Not heavy braking or heavy turning but i can certainly feather them to balance the car.

Ok, just wanted to be sure..
And I noticed that some cars are more forgiving when it comes to in-turn-braking.. I think its all a matter of practice after all.. this fresh from F1 to this cars was quite shocking!! But after some laps you catch the feel for car behaviour..
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:03

After the sign in tonight let's all enjoy our car on the HSO server and do some lapping cheers
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:26

There was a car descrtiption of this mode somwhere here few days ago, I cant find it now!??!?!?
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:26

Peter Blom wrote:
After the sign in tonight let's all enjoy our car on the HSO server and do some lapping cheers

Hell yeah!
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:39

Here is the Donington we will be using for round one. It is also what the server is now loaded with.

Download

The race thread will go up after the entry list has been opened.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:43

Raul Jereb wrote:
There was a car descrtiption of this mode somwhere here few days ago, I cant find it now!??!?!?

Post #1 right in this topic maybe?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:44

Quote :
The Audi, Volvo and Renault are the leading cars, while the Ford and the Honda are easy to drive machines. The Vectra has a less precise chassis, while the Peugeot and semi-official Nissan have good handling but lack a bit on power. As the only RWD, the BMW is the most traditional to drive. The slightly lower power is compensated on it by the late braking ability and good traction from standing starts and corner exit. All cars are shod with tires of similar caracteristics, there being no distinct advantage for any of them and all capable of withstanding the short races as long as not excessively abused.

The private cars are slower and generally easier to drive than the official ones, though capable of overall wins in the hands of the best drivers. But they have their own sub-championship, the Total Cup, where they fight for honors.

A big effort was made to make the cars behave as close to their real life counterparts as possible, with many hours of research and the development of physics based on the real suspension layout of each car (Something you don't have even in Race 07).
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017 - 20:01

Boy, am I stupid sometimes..

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver
Oyvind Andersen

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017 - 20:57

where is the link to donington?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017 - 21:00

Oyvind Andersen wrote:
where is the link to donington?

http://historicsimracing.123.st/t3424-round-1-donington-park-gp-jan-18th
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017 - 21:24

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
We believe the track has some bug, Silverstone is now up. Test there if you want, it's working fine for now. Smile

so the problem is in the MOD definitely, same day, other mods OK, BTCC crashes after change Display Mode

on every tested track, so track is OK
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: HSO Supertourers - Download   HSO Supertourers - Download - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017 - 21:42

Michal Janak wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:

so the problem is in the MOD definitely, same day, other mods OK, BTCC crashes after change  Display Mode

on every tested track, so track is OK

and new info, i didnt need hit button on wheel, same crash when hit barrier and display mode have to switch itself to pit repair/tyre selection mode
Back to top Go down

HSO Supertourers - Download
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: Archives :: Archives :: 2017 :: 1996 BTCC-
Jump to: