Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]

Go down 
+36
Agustin Galetto
Oyvind Andersen
Abhishek Dalia
Alberto Ibañez
Timo Vermeersch
Bob Holada
Michael Drechsler
Vincent Beretta
Jean-louis Petillot
Warren Schembri
Greg Hunt
Jacob Fredriksson
Jukka Närhi
Simon Wattman
Raul Jereb
Jan Kowalski
Mick Chapman
Steve Parker
Pascal Mikula
Sky Willis
Ludovic Tiengou
Juha Bos
Raymond Riddall
David Sabre
Yves Plaçais
Richard Coxon
Michal Janak
Petr Hlavac
Martin Lacina
Vadim Sadoshenko
Axel Putra
Dana Schurer
Jason Fitch
David Jundt
Bob Wilson
Jason White
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2017 - 9:06

Dana Schurer wrote:
A bit of bad luck for Jacob promoted me to fifth

Not bad luck, just shortsightedness. Tried to beat Petr of the corner rather than over the race distance. Easy to forget about the big picture in those kind of heated situations though! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2017 - 10:27

Mon objectif était clairement de finir 3ème.

Alors :
- mon bon départ qui m'a permis de prendre à David la 2ème place,
- toute la belle bagarre à trois lorsque Petr s'en est mêlé,
- puis ne plus s'arsouiller avec David pour prendre le large sur Petr qui était, à mon sens, mon adversaire le plus sérieux,
- savoir que David resterait dans mes échappements jusqu'aux derniers tours pour tenter de me surprendre (avec succès) dans l'avant-dernier virage,

tout cela ne furent que des bonus qui m'ont fait passé une bonne soirée typique HSO !

Bravo Greg (je vous préviens : ce sera pareil en BTCC, il va vous enrhumer avec la Volvo! Laughing ), David pour cette belle course, Petr pour qui j'espère d'aussi bons résultats avec la Minardi, à tous les finisseurs (ou non!) et une mention spécial de pour Bob !  :top:

Merci HSO !
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2017 - 10:31

This was a strange race... For several reasons.

For starters, during the days up to the race, the water evacuation out of our main shower seemed unsattisfactory slow. No worries there, a tank of solid liquid plumber should do the trick.

So, on sunday afternoon, I unscrewed the protection cap covering the shower's drain and hit the drain with liquid plumber. Admittelly, I was not very stingy with the biting liquid... Better do it right from the start than have to redo it several times.

The liquid seemed to work perfectly. As of 17h 30 a stench invaded the house indicating that some serious purification was going on in the plumbery pipes. It reeked of decaying tree-leaves mixing with dog excrement and some rotten eggs added for good measure.

The odor got so bad that, by 19h 00, wife and kids decided that having dinner in such circumstances was unfeasible. And so, they made a reservation in a close-by restaurant where the pasta cacio e pepe is simply irrestible. I will admit that I came this close to getting lured into joining them...

But then, as a true warrior, I resisted and beat my way through the terribly heavy air filling the house. Opening some windows and finnaly sitting down in my race-rack to soldier onto Kyalami.

Anyway, the conditions were such that my concentration was not optimal.

Moreover, my car seemed to be easily 15 km/h down on top speed. Everyone shot by on the straight as the bloody Ralt seemed desperatelly slow. I think it was rather Ralf than Ralt... Like in Ralf vs Michael Schumacher.

The start was surprisingly good. I think I jumped 10 cars. Then the reek escaping from the house's pipes somewhat messed with my concentration. As the slower drivers in faster cars came up to lap me, solely because of having those faster cars, I tried to move over as good as possible. I think it went ok most of the times but an occassional misunderstanding was unavoidable. Still, contacts or spins were avoided, and I soldiered onto 17th. Then immediatelly reaching for a window to get a fresh nose of air.

This morning, the stench had gone. And the shower works like new...

Timo
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2017 - 10:44

Jason White wrote:
Screenies up

http://historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/1251

Great screenshots, nice to see the little FA back with 30 drivers ! Smile :top:
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2017 - 10:47

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Screenies up

http://historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/1251

Great screenshots, nice to see the little FA back with 30 drivers ! Smile :top:

la formula atlantic c est l un des plus fun et  meilleur mod au monde ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2017 - 10:53

Jason Fitch wrote:
In the end I managed to finish 21st, one position up from Qualifying. No doubt these cars are very fun to drive, but we need to try them on a different track. This track is just wrong. Whoever created it for GPL built it wrong and everyone else has just used it as a base since then. Be nice if someone opted to try and create the track correctly.

I had to think about that last night when I found a video of Prost at Kyalami in the early 80s. It may be the camera angle, but Barbeque Bend looks a lot faster in real life than in rFactor. On onboard videos it looks like a flat kink, rather than an almost 90° turn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2017 - 10:56

dommage Yves je suivais ta course sur le HUD  ( ecart temps  )

j etais content pour toi de te voir reprendre la 2 eme place dans le dernier tour,  et puis il y a eu ce dernier secteur ...  :smil20:

belle course en tout cas de ta part , ca fait plaisir de voir un francais performé chez HSO , ca devient de plus en plus rare Smile  ( mode chauvin off )

\"Yves Plaçais wrote:

Bravo Greg (je vous préviens : ce sera pareil en BTCC, il va vous enrhumer avec la Volvo! Laughing )

Evil or Very Mad  pour l instant j ai beaucoup de mal , je n ai jamais couru avec des FWD et c est totalement contraire à mon style de pilotage , je DETESTE le sous virage et ne pas pouvoir faire pivoter une voiture dans les virages avec le train arriere , faut bosser et changer totalement mon style study study
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2017 - 11:10

Greg Goissen wrote:
dommage Yves je suivais ta course sur le HUD  ( ecart temps  )

j etais content pour toi de te voir reprendre la 2 eme place dans le dernier tour,  et dans le dernier secteur ...  :smil20:
Merci Greg, mais on s'est tellement bien amusé avec David que peu importe la place (bon, je ne te cacherais d'avoir été un peu véxé de m'être fait avoir comme un bleu !  Laughing )
Greg Goissen wrote:

belle course en tout cas de ta part , ca fait plaisir de voir un francais performé chez HSO , ca devient de plus en plus rare Smile  ( mode chauvin off )  

Euh... je suis assez d'accord avec toi, on se fait bouffer par la terre entière, là !   Laughing
Blague à part, je suis un peu frustré de ne pas pouvoir participer plus à la vie de la communauté, de tisser des liens avec plein de gars très symps, du fait de mon niveau d'anglais assez déplorable !

Greg Goissen wrote:

\"Yves Plaçais wrote:

Bravo Greg (je vous préviens : ce sera pareil en BTCC, il va vous enrhumer avec la Volvo! Laughing )

Evil or Very Mad  pour l instant j ai beaucoup de mal , je n ai jamais couru avec des FWD et c est totalement contraire à mon style de pilotage , je DETESTE le sous virage et ne pas pouvoir faire pivoter une voiture dans les virages avec le train arriere , faut bosser et changer totalement mon style study study
Je ne sais aucun souci pour toi, j'ai eu la chance de tester toutes les caisses avant la sortie du mod, même si elle n'est pas pour moi la plus plaisante à piloter, la Volvo est très très efficace ! Et c'est tant mieux si tu te trouves confrontés à quelques problèmes d'adaptation (qui seront sans aucun doute vite surmontés!), cela ne peut être que bénéfique pour l'intérêt du champ à venir !
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2017 - 11:16

Il y a une BMW libre maintenant ... :antoine:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2017 - 11:28

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Il y a une BMW libre maintenant ... :antoine:
Merci de l'info, Alberto ! Wink
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2017 - 12:51

Une nouvelle fois une course "pas de bol".
Pour une fois que j'ai une bonne voiture et un bon set, tout part en vrille sans que j'y puisse grand chose.

Aux essais, pour ne pas changer, j'ai été incapable de hausser le rythme et d'aligner les bons partiels dans un même tour.
Bon je vais pas pleurer non plus. 13eme sur la grille ca fait un bail que ca m'est pas arrivé d'être aussi "bien" placé. What a Face
Pour la course je décide de partir en hard coté pneus. J'ai trop de mal à conserver les softs sur la durée.
Mon envol est pas top. Le pilote devant moi reste scotché sur la grille et je dois faire un écart pour ne pas l'emboutir. J'évite de justesse une toupie en le faisant. Mais bon pas d'accroc, pas trop de place de perdus....tout va bien.
Je roule hyper prudement dans les premiers tours car les hards ne permettent pas de faire des folies. En plus mon set était axé sur la vitesse de pointe. Du coup dans les virages c'était difficile de tenir un gros rythme. Pour ne rien arranger je suis très timoré sur les freins car j'ai l'avant qui bloque subitement. Malgré tout j'arrive à me maintenir dans le top 10 sans forcer.
Mais patatra Martin va me taper à l'arrière (no problem Martin. It's a "fait de course"). Je perds alors de suite le controle et part en toupie. Et là bam, Raul puis Michael me tapent. Résultat: aileron avant envolé, pneu avant droit crevé. hop passage par les stands pour changer tout çà.
Je repars à un tour pratiquement dernier. Là je me rends compte qu'en plus d'un souci d'aileron avant la suspension avant droite à morfler.
Du coup j'hérite d'une voiture atrocement sous vireuse. Elle glisse comme je ne sais quoi et mon pneu avant gauche est en ebulition permanente (entre 125 et 135°). Pour couronner le tout le moteur a du prendre un coup aussi car je plafonnais à 240 km/H. La motricité devait aussi en avoir pris un coup car je n'arrivais pas à la relancer comme je voulais. Bilan: entre 1 et 2 secondes plus lent au tour qu'au début.
Du coup j'ai fait une course monotone les yeux rivés sur ma température de pneu avant gauche Rolling Eyes

Je termine 19eme alors que je pouvais prétendre à un top 10. Frustant en diable
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2017 - 14:09

Congrats to Greg for his 70th win!

Had some battles over the race, and two spins. Nearly could catch Jacob and Dana in the end, but i lost too much during mistakes in my races.

Last edited by Jan Kowalski on Mon 16 Jan 2017 - 17:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2017 - 15:31

Juha Bos wrote:
Jason Fitch wrote:
In the end I managed to finish 21st, one position up from Qualifying. No doubt these cars are very fun to drive, but we need to try them on a different track. This track is just wrong. Whoever created it for GPL built it wrong and everyone else has just used it as a base since then. Be nice if someone opted to try and create the track correctly.

I had to think about that last night when I found a video of Prost at Kyalami in the early 80s. It may be the camera angle, but Barbeque Bend looks a lot faster in real life than in rFactor. On onboard videos it looks like a flat kink, rather than an almost 90° turn.

Automobilista, I think, has a much improved version of the classic Kyalami.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2017 - 15:34

Jukka Maattanen wrote:
Juha Bos wrote:
Jason Fitch wrote:

Automobilista, I think, has a much improved version of the classic Kyalami.

Yeah it does, a much better version.
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2017 - 15:38

Jan Kowalski wrote:
Congrats to Greg for his 70th win!

thanks Jan :top:  

ce fut un plaisir , pour " une fois " de pouvoir débarquer avec aucun entrainement ( 20 tours max )  juste avant la course , et de pouvoir bénéficier juste du plaisir de piloter une bonne voiture et d'essayer d aller chercher les limites de celle ci sans avoir a passer des heures et des heures de training pour essayer de trouver le meilleur set up possible d une " mauvaise " voiture dans l 'espoir de faire un résultat correct

so thanks to the admins , to have let me drive this car once time :chinois:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2017 - 15:51

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
Pour couronner le tout le moteur a du prendre un coup aussi car je plafonnais à 240 km/H.

Sans blagues... La Ralt en plein santé, avec l'aileron arrière sur 1, donc minimum de drag, ne dépasse pas les 235 km/h...

Timo
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2017 - 16:16

Quand ta voiture prend 247 km/h sans aspi au départ....240 ca fait une grosse différence.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2017 - 16:26

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
Quand ta voiture prend 247 km/h sans aspi au départ....240 ca fait une grosse différence.

Je ne pourrais pas être plus d'accord. Le point de mon premier message était plus tot que, dans la Ralt, j'avais donc un handicap d'entre 10 et 15 km/h.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Warren Schembri
Rookie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-10-05

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2017 - 20:16

Arpad Vincze wrote:
On lap 4 I spun off in turn 1 and then an other car spun off too and rekt the front on my car :aie: Anyway, it was fun and well organised so high five for HSO! :chinois:

Apologies Arpad, that was me who wrecked into you. Was day dreaming and missed my braking point.

Was good fun while it lasted. Just didn't last very long Smile
Back to top Go down
Arpad Vincze
Rookie
Arpad Vincze

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2017 - 23:32

Warren Schembri wrote:
Arpad Vincze wrote:
On lap 4 I spun off in turn 1 and then an other car spun off too and rekt the front on my car :aie: Anyway, it was fun and well organised so high five for HSO! :chinois:

Apologies Arpad, that was me who wrecked into you. Was day dreaming and missed my braking point.

Was good fun while it lasted. Just didn't last very long Smile

No problem mate. I'm glad I retired in such a special way lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]   SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SA Republic Day Trophy [Jan 15th]
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6