Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2011-12-18

The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10   The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 13:51

Hello guys. Unfortunately a new wheel such as Logitech G27, I can buy only a couple of months. I now run a fairly cheap wheel. But technically it is serviceable. However, in Windows 10 in conjunction with rFactor(rF2) and Assetto Corsa steering wheel is not working properly.
When connected to the steering wheel after starting rFactor hangs. However, after disconnecting the steering wheel from the PC, rFactor runs without problems. rFactor2 works correctly with the steering wheel, the problem only occurs when I try to exit the game. Then rFactor2, like rF1, it hangs. Close the game only allows disabling of the steering wheel.
In Assetto corsa the wheel works, but when I try to go off the track the game also hangs up to disconnect the steering.
Sorry, Assetto corsa steering wheel is working fine!
On Windows 7, at least with rFactor such problems do not arise.
Maybe someone faced with such problem on Windows 10 for the other brands of steering wheels.
I suspect the problem is the outdated and poorly compatible device driver. And unfortunately to upgrade them is not. Still maybe not enough of any .dll libraries.
I would be very grateful for help in solving the problem. If the decision in general can be found.
On the Internet about the compatibility of my steering wheel with Windows 10, while information was not found.  Sad
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10   The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2016 - 21:24

Have you tried running the steering wheel driver in windows 7 mode ?

Right click on exe/properties/compatibility/compatibility mode.check the box and select windows 7.

i run my rFactor on windows10, in windows 7 mode.
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

PostSubject: Re: The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10   The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2016 - 15:40

Yes, compatibility is the first thing that I tried to use to correct the problem. Unfortunately without a positive result.
To clarify the above I have written. rFactor1 absolutely refuses to work with the steering wheel. rFactor 2 works correctly with the steering wheel and only when exiting the game the problem occurs.
Interestingly, with assetto corsa, the steering wheel works without any problem. :hum:
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10   The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2016 - 9:10

I run with a g25 on windows 10, and all is working perfectly.
I took the driver here : support g27
I installed the drivers using "run as administrator".

Try to uninstall drivers and profiler logitech, unplug your wheel. Restart your pc, and launch the drivers install, and plug your wheel when the installation asks for it.
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

PostSubject: Re: The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10   The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2016 - 12:33

Well what can I say Ben.
Bravo Ben!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10 Giphy
Thank you so much!
I'm with you guys!!!
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10   The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2016 - 13:01

Happy it works. :frank:
When I install a software, I always use the option "run as administrator". It seems it solves a lot of problem who can occur.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10   The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2016 - 13:06

Nice GIF Vadim. Feels like the end of our broadcasts :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10   The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The problem with the old wheel on Windows 10
Page 1 of 1