HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
David Jundt
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 1984
Age : 28
Location : Binningen, Switzerland
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 19:07

Peter Blom wrote:


for a '88 Lola-Cosworth or a  '96 Honda Civic Accord Razz

Fixed that for you.

Too bad Peter Cox only joined late in the season with BMW...

_________________
Murray: "JUNDT'S OFF-TRACK AGAIN!"

Martin: "That's a replay Murray, he's not even in the race anymore."

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 11430
Age : 30
Location : Sheffield, England
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 19:09

Honda Accord Wink

Peter Kox will be present from round 1. He was BMW's test driver that year.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Online
David Jundt
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 1984
Age : 28
Location : Binningen, Switzerland
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 19:14

"Starring Peter Blom as Peter Cox"

Perfect fit.


I guessed he was test/reserve, but didn't know.

_________________
Murray: "JUNDT'S OFF-TRACK AGAIN!"

Martin: "That's a replay Murray, he's not even in the race anymore."

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Alberto Ibaņez
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 12443
Age : 45
Location : Valencia - Spain
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 19:38

Frank Penk wrote:
Alberto Ibaņez wrote:
You can be sure we have spiced up the VLM field ... :antoine:

You could've at least asked before using that car.

First of all, this is not a mod for public release everywhere, but an addon we will be using exclusivley for our private league and use. And second, the car's readme gives blank permission for use, which we credited in any case in our own readme.

_________________
"There are two kind of oval racers, those who have hit the wall and those who will hit it" - Mario Andretti

Back to top Go down
Frank Penk
Rookie


Number of posts : 20
Age : 24
Location : Italy
Registration date : 2015-01-26

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 21:30

Alberto Ibaņez wrote:
Frank Penk wrote:
Alberto Ibaņez wrote:
You can be sure we have spiced up the VLM field ... :antoine:

You could've at least asked before using that car.

First of all, this is not a mod for public release everywhere, but an addon we will be using exclusivley for our private league and use. And second, the car's readme gives blank permission for use, which we credited in any case in our own readme.
Same base, better results: https://mega.nz/#!Y8k10LQL!PPVQ2RLN_CQsKuHIMOLRG2SEEOsWRmrVu0mDInci4UA + https://mega.nz/#!9gVgxKSY!NyYdtaQsgL7prsW6Z4oUDI3S1aLqt2ghjnvfQOvlDFM
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 1288
Age : 34
Location : Portugal
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 21:36

How do you know the results are better...? You haven't even tried our converted one. Suspect

_________________
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 2986
Age : 49
Location : Grenoble far away from Brittany, France
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 21:49

FErrari BB 512...the missing car :D

_________________
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 11962
Age : 40
Location : Ferndale, MI USA
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 21:51

Frank Penk wrote:
Alberto Ibaņez wrote:
Frank Penk wrote:
Alberto Ibaņez wrote:
You can be sure we have spiced up the VLM field ... :antoine:

You could've at least asked before using that car.

First of all, this is not a mod for public release everywhere, but an addon we will be using exclusivley for our private league and use. And second, the car's readme gives blank permission for use, which we credited in any case in our own readme.
Same base, better results: https://mega.nz/#!Y8k10LQL!PPVQ2RLN_CQsKuHIMOLRG2SEEOsWRmrVu0mDInci4UA + https://mega.nz/#!9gVgxKSY!NyYdtaQsgL7prsW6Z4oUDI3S1aLqt2ghjnvfQOvlDFM

No offense, Frank, but if we need or want your help we will ask for it.

_________________
Back to top Go down
https://www.flickr.com/photos/134621756@N03/albums Online
Frank Penk
Rookie


Number of posts : 20
Age : 24
Location : Italy
Registration date : 2015-01-26

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 22:54

Richard Wilks wrote:
How do you know the results are better...? You haven't even tried our converted one. Suspect
Just by looking at that screen, the textures look all blurred and low res which means the liveries are the SCGT ones or, at best, no higher than 1024*1024, the exhausts are missing any sort of reflection, the body is not smoothed and lacks any sort of believable reflection/cubemap and the rear grille with the BB512 paint is most likely bugged and won't show anything it actually should on other liveries.

Jason White wrote:

No offense, Frank, but if we need or want your help we will ask for it.
Yeah, just like you did with the XJS, Starion and GTV6 in the TCL mod, not bothering at all to complete any of them and just throwing them out unfinished, right?
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 1288
Age : 34
Location : Portugal
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 22:58

Well Frank, you would make a better case for yourself if you weren't that aggressive. Notice that you started by accusing us of not getting permission, and now you are accusing us of doing botched jobs regarding the mods. Should i remind you that we did a lot of stuff from scratch even, and even regarding this Ferrari, i personally changed the physics and sounds?

We can't guess that there is a "better version" somewhere in the internet that we can't search, and regarding past work, sometimes our time isn't enough to just go around finishing everything to the highest degree.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibaņez
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 12443
Age : 45
Location : Valencia - Spain
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 23:06

Quote :
Just by looking at that screen, the textures look all blurred and low res which means the liveries are the SCGT ones or, at best, no higher than 1024*1024, the exhausts are missing any sort of reflection, the body is not smoothed and lacks any sort of believable reflection

The screenshot is low res Rolling Eyes

But I'm already tired of your comments anyway. As far as I remember, membership at HSO is not mandatory for anybody, so feel free to leave this league that is obviously not at your level of perfectionism.

As the spanish say goes: May you take with you as much peace as you leave behind.

_________________
"There are two kind of oval racers, those who have hit the wall and those who will hit it" - Mario Andretti

Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 1038
Age : 34
Location : Russia
Registration date : 2011-12-18

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Wed 21 Dec 2016 - 9:21

Frank Penk wrote:

Yeah, just like you did with the XJS, Starion and GTV6 in the TCL mod, not bothering at all to complete any of them and just throwing them out unfinished, right?
These cars are my first experience. And unfortunately at the time I lacked some basic knowledge. However, it should be recognized, that the original material was in very poor condition. And it is not suitable for use. After converting, the only really serious drawback was the rear view mirrors. And now we know, that the solution to this problem is ridiculously simple. In the new conversion we are again faced with this feature of the distortion texture mirrors. I felt it my duty to solve this problem. And I coped with this task. Now, my knowledge allows to successfully solve almost any problem associated with the conversion. In the future I hope to find time to study 3d modeling and begin to create their own models, which I gladly shared with my favorite HSO.
Important to note, that we are not professionals in the modding. Just a group of enthusiasts, lovers of classic Motorsport. So Frank getting in the way of criticism, you're absolutely not constructive.
By the way, let's look at your Ferrari 512. In general, the work is very good.
But I would advise you to change the position of the mirrors. At the maximum distance from the dashboard, the image is shifted down too.

There is an issue with the virtual mirrors:  :hum:

I'm not sure when the lighting rear lights turn signals should not be involved. Or should?

Finally found a photo. It seems like it's not:

And agree, Frank, your car is too much glitters. I think you need a little to adjust the settings of shaders.

No criticism, this is just my advice and recommendations.
Once again, your work I really like. :top:  Frank if you show some tact and patience, your work will be deservedly appreciated. Wink

_________________

Racing simulations are not games, they are a virtual Motorsport!
On the way to Le Mans!


Last edited by Vadim Sadoshenko on Wed 21 Dec 2016 - 19:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jukka Maattanen
Racing Legend


Number of posts : 1505
Age : 31
Location : Finland
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Wed 21 Dec 2016 - 15:12

I looked at Frank's link - didn't click it, just stared at it - and it blew my socks off!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibaņez
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 12443
Age : 45
Location : Valencia - Spain
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Wed 21 Dec 2016 - 15:18

Vadim Sadoshenko wrote:
Frank Penk wrote:

Yeah, just like you did with the XJS, Starion and GTV6 in the TCL mod, not bothering at all to complete any of them and just throwing them out unfinished, right?
These cars are my first experience. And unfortunately at the time I lacked some basic knowledge. However, it should be recognized, that the original material was in very poor condition. And it is not suitable for use. After converting, the only really serious drawback was the rear view mirrors. And now we know, that the solution to this problem is ridiculously simple. In the new conversion we are again faced with this feature of the distortion texture mirrors. I felt it my duty to solve this problem. And I coped with this task. Now, my knowledge allows to successfully solve almost any problem associated with the conversion. In the future I hope to find time to study 3d modeling and begin to create their own models, which I gladly shared with my favorite HSO.
Important to note, that we are not professionals in the modding. Just a group of enthusiasts, lovers of classic Motorsport. So Frank getting in the way of criticism, you're absolutely not constructive.
By the way, let's look at your Ferrari 512. In general, the work is very good.
But I would advise you to change the position of the mirrors. At the maximum distance from the dashboard, the image is shifted down too.

It is not the same car, Vadim. And better ignore the troll - oooppss, apologizes to the trolls Rolling Eyes

_________________
"There are two kind of oval racers, those who have hit the wall and those who will hit it" - Mario Andretti

Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 1038
Age : 34
Location : Russia
Registration date : 2011-12-18

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Wed 21 Dec 2016 - 18:31

Alberto Ibaņez wrote:

It is not the same car, Vadim. And better ignore the troll - oooppss, apologizes to the trolls Rolling Eyes
Yes, I know, that you are working over another car. Ferrari, which provided Frank, as I understand it, was to demonstrate his mastery of conversion. But as we see with the car is not going smoothly.
However, very sorry, if his intentions did not go further banal trolling.

_________________

Racing simulations are not games, they are a virtual Motorsport!
On the way to Le Mans!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibaņez
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 12443
Age : 45
Location : Valencia - Spain
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Wed 21 Dec 2016 - 23:20



Cool

_________________
"There are two kind of oval racers, those who have hit the wall and those who will hit it" - Mario Andretti

Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Pro Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 520
Age : 30
Location : Belgium
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Wed 21 Dec 2016 - 23:28

Bathurst 1000 with Super Tourers? :D

_________________


2016 Jigger Award Winner :first:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be Online
Michael Drechsler
Experienced Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 429
Age : 39
Location : Aachen, Germany
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Thu 22 Dec 2016 - 0:23

Juha Bos wrote:
Bathurst 1000 with Super Tourers? :D

What about the Guia Race? Macau, if you're not familiar with the name. Wink Shocked

_________________
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Pro Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 520
Age : 30
Location : Belgium
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Thu 22 Dec 2016 - 8:35

I know the name and I love that track, the only time I've ever held the lead on outright speed in an online rFactor race was at Macau in a WTCC mod.

These BMW's from the Spa 24 Hours looked great too:



In 1995 BMW went all out with Piquet/Duez/Ravaglia, Tassin/Müller/Albacete, Kox/Soper/Winkelhock and Hoffmann/Muller/Burgstaller.

Smoking Jo and Co won from Piquet. Hoffmann retired with engine failure whereas Tassin had a more spectacular problem when the car set itself on fire in the pitlane.


_________________


2016 Jigger Award Winner :first:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be Online
Sky Willis
Club Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 130
Age : 30
Location : Wales
Registration date : 2016-07-02

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Thu 22 Dec 2016 - 9:44

I want clellands vauxhall. He was my favorite driver back in the day bounce
Back to top Go down
Steven Klein
Rookie
avatar

Number of posts : 43
Age : 41
Location : Hunsrück, Germany
Registration date : 2016-12-07

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Thu 22 Dec 2016 - 16:09

Is there any release date yet? I am soooo excited about the CART...I want to test so bad :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.vonisenburg.de
Alberto Ibaņez
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 12443
Age : 45
Location : Valencia - Spain
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Thu 22 Dec 2016 - 16:10

CART will appear later in 2017, the season will start in march so the mod will likely be available some weeks before.

_________________
"There are two kind of oval racers, those who have hit the wall and those who will hit it" - Mario Andretti

Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
avatar

Number of posts : 707
Age : 35
Location : Amsterdam
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Thu 22 Dec 2016 - 20:40

David Jundt wrote:
"Starring Peter Blom as Peter Cox"

Perfect fit.

I guessed he was test/reserve, but didn't know.

Thx for the 'Accord' fix...I totaly forgot that one even though I have watched the 1996 BTCC review lately Rolling Eyes
But I will not be applying for a BMW drive...for the rest I'm leaving my options open until the BTCC Christmas present arrives on Christmas morning :hihi:


_________________
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 11430
Age : 30
Location : Sheffield, England
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Thu 22 Dec 2016 - 20:59

Don't get your hopes up Peter, my computer has blew up and died Neutral Razz

_________________
Back to top Go down
Online
Dave Simmons
Club Driver


Number of posts : 116
Age : 28
Location : Cheltenham
Registration date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   Thu 22 Dec 2016 - 22:52

John Cleland once nearly run me over with a golf buggy in the paddock at donnington. He was stopping for noone Razz My claim to fame Hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: *** 2017 HSO SEASON ***   

Back to top Go down
 
*** 2017 HSO SEASON ***
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Reason for Earthquake Season Revealed...
» It's silly season again in The Sun
» Monthly LTD payments starting in January 2017
» Direct Deposit Dates for Veterans Benefits for 2017
» Walking Dead new season 8 central

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: Paddock-
Jump to: