Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]

Go down 
+27
Petr Hlavac
Gianluca Desposito
Juha Bos
Chris Tarboton
Philippe Martinelli
Mick Chapman
David Sabre
Konstantin Zubov
Michal Janak
Raymond Riddall
Patrice Gibelin
Corentin Legrand
Steve Parker
Jason White
Matthias Weber
Michael Drechsler
Sky Willis
Martin Lacina
Oyvind Andersen
Jonatan Acerclinth
Jacob Fredriksson
Ben Paulet
Yves Plaçais
Ludovic Tiengou
Jan Kowalski
Dylan Canton
Richard Coxon
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2016 - 7:46

In total it was a great race for me finishing 3rd :champ:

This time, my quali performance was not so bad with 11th without a real quali set. I made some progress in the first two laps, but was hit in the last chicane which cracked my right rear suspension. Sometimes it feels like bumper car to drive in this series. These cars are too fragile to overshoot the braking point and lean on another car or divebomb into a corner. Hope we all (me too) can improve for Round 5.

From then on it was a difficult race with a loose rear end, but i could climb up to 3rd and was looking then on the laptimes behind (Jacob, Petr) and drove constantly same laptimes to be safe and not risk a spin. In the end David Sabre spun, so i was very close to 2nd. I made a move after the long backstraight, but i cut the track too much under braking so i hand back the place to David.

Well done all finishers:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2016 - 9:03

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
...but I know that my car has quite different characteristics than most other cars, so i understand that stuff like that happens in tight situations...

Yeah, Rondeau feels like an elephant riding a unicycle. Horrible on brakes, tail heavy like Kardashians and it just won't turn. Richard was able to chase down 1,5s in the last sector and pull an incredible outside pass around the long right hander. Anyway, hats off to you. Maybe you found the sweetspot and set it up properly, maybe you're simply a better driver Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 3108518133

Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Depositphotos_23750445-Elephant-riding-a-unicycle

Mick Chapman wrote:
Yep, bloody stupid......again..... Knowing I would not be able to see a brake marker, I did not have the presence of mind to keep my distance.....I had no intention of "making up places".

No worries, shit happens. But it's actually easier with these cars, as you can see brake lights of the guys ahead.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2016 - 12:27

Hi guys...

Im sorry I did not show on the race.. I had a long meeting in my company, I came home five minutes after start Sad

Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2016 - 12:31

David Jundt wrote:
@Steve Parker: Got the secondary pack aswell? Seems to be missing from my PC:

http://simhqmotorsports.com/index.php?/topic/8295-plugins-xd-gidtrackmap-rfdynhud-motec-etc/ wrote:
DirectX 9.0c

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...;displaylang=en

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...;displaylang=en

So I did finish this race.

Too bad I received a Stop&Go for avoiding Patrick Gibelin, even though I handed the position back Sad

Looks like I could have put my Harrier ahead of him and Konstantin.

Thanks David will look into that. :top: On the race side,i had a good qualy,then the problems started,as soon as i got on the grid the engine would stall and the engine starter button would not work,after a restart of race sorry for that,the same happened again soon as i went on grid engine stalled and could not restart it scratch grats to all the podiums :clap:
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2016 - 14:23

P6 is ok for me. I simply struggle to control my car under braking. Suspect
First Lap mistake again, because i had to avoid contact with Yves, then my URD just freaked out again.

Sorry for making your Battle for P1 in Class B more difficult @Yves+Richard :smil20:

But at least 1 Point on my 100th race here. :flag:

Amazing Grid with a funny first start Laughing
Thanks again to Pascal for covering this race.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2016 - 14:48

Jason White wrote:
My apologies to Philippe  Embarassed   

Je n'ai pas pu éviter l'accrochage, tu m'as surpris... Dommage pour nous deux... Crying or Very sad

Je me suis arrêté quelques tours après car la voiture ne tournait plus très bien, mais je n'avais pas anticipé de ne pas mettre d'essence et pas changer les pneus... Il y en avait pour 3 minutes aux stands, j'ai préféré abandonner...

A la prochaine  Wink
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2016 - 14:48

Well... That could have gone a bit better...

During Qualifying I took the fuel out of the car and made a few small tweaks, PB'd by almost 3 seconds...
Still got to start outside of the top 20 scratch

Oh well, was confident in my race setup, it had worked well during the few practice laps I did run...

The Race got underway and I took it very easy. After the backstraight I found my way up the inside of Michal after he ran into trouble in the following turns but then I felt like I was the reason he ended up on the grass coming out of Bomb Hole so I backed off and in the end took to straight lining the ending chicane to redress the position...

Came back on track in last position and after that I tried to make my way up the field without impeeding anyone elses race too much.

Overall succeeded in that but unfortunately the time lost redressing the position and getting back up the field those who got through the opening laps without too many issues was far up the road.

Did what I could and on the 3rd to last lap made my way up to Juha's gearbox after he had a moment in Turn2. I followed him for a full lap and came to the conclusion that The Esses was where I had my best shot at getting by and dove to the inside of the left under the bridge and somehow managed to stay to the left and then I hope I left enough room on the inside for the right hander and I was up in 11th.

Managed to stay ahead for the final lap and came home, a slightly dissapointing, 11th place Overall, not sure what that is in Class...

Thanks to those I had a battle with and thank you also to Ray who opened the inside nicely for me in Riches when I want to get by to get closer to Juha late in the race, not many drivers in any series I've race in, would do that even if they were having fuel and car issues :drink:

Another race down, on a circuit I don't enjoy (though the old Snetterton is miles and miles better than the new layout), and had some fun in battles but mainly a frustrating race as I could have been fighting for 4th had not the opening lap gone as it did...

Cheers and see you all at our next venue and this weekend for the 500 where I'll be in the comms booth yet again.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2016 - 14:51

Yup, great coverage by Pascal! :top:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2016 - 9:46

Please, need solution, after my PC upgrade al races and test after upgrade was technicaly OK, FPS 60 (Vertical synchro ON) on NVIDIA control panel set the adaptive option )

In quaLli was all OK FPS rock solid all the time, on first race start before reset OK but then in final race start something weird happened , FPS counter showed 64 but there was big stutter so driving was n so good , i waited for end of some opening laps if it will better after cars spread but no bettering here, so i went to pits , hit alt TAB , look in CPU , it was on 2% swithed back and all was OK now, game runs superbly , but when after some laps there was leader lapping me the situation repeated, stutters again, so on straight with o cars around quickly ALT TAB to WIN and back and all was OK againn but some laps later again,

what is wrong ? what to solve?

temperatures was OK
Back to top Go down
Corentin Legrand
Rookie

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2016 - 10:29

Silly question, maybe, but have you install the 4GB patch ?
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2016 - 10:58

Corentin Legrand wrote:

is it needed when i have W7 32b 4GB RAM on MB but only 3GB in WIN?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2016 - 19:26

rFactor is designed to only use 2gb, since it is an old game and specs were much less then.

It will enable rFactor to use more of your computing power.

So yeah, I'd give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Corentin Legrand
Rookie

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2016 - 19:30

Furthermore, it could help in the option menu to allowed the game to make only 15 to 20 cars appearing. With more than that, lagging could be a real problem specialy for the start or when everybody is in the same part of the track.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2016 - 11:43

Michal Janak wrote:
Corentin Legrand wrote:

is it needed when i have W7 32b 4GB RAM on MB  but only 3GB in WIN?
Indeed, the 32 bits app can adressed a maximum of 3Go in the RAM.
About your stutter problem, try to disable the vertical sync.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2016 - 11:56

Ben Paulet wrote:
Michal Janak wrote:
Corentin Legrand wrote:

is it needed when i have W7 32b 4GB RAM on MB  but only 3GB in WIN?
Indeed, the 32 bits app can adressed a maximum of 3Go in the RAM.
About your stutter problem, try to disable the vertical sync.

on one guide i read that it is good to set this this way so the comp dont waste time to calculate more screens and there is time for CPU to othe tasks and the display shows only the 60 FPS, Nvidia have option Adaptive sync when in situations where the system cannot calc 60 FPS it is working in lowered rate without stutters, in Assetto corsa it works OK and i night test for 1000km kyalami it worked well too, Snetterton was 1st case of this proble, the RAM is probably the cause

I plan to switch to 64 bits W7 but i am afraid of drivers for the red MOMO and other aplications (nostromo pad, DXtweak atc)
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2016 - 12:20

It's only my case, but I never had problem to run 32 bits app (software, drivers) on my win 7 64 bits.
It always managed well the app 32 bits. There's no problem to run 32 bits on a system 64 bits.
Altough there are 2 ways to install the softwares in windows 64 bits:
- c:/program files (x86)/ --> for the 32 bits app.
- c:/program/ --> for the 64 bits app.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2016 - 17:33

hard night and only W7, drivers and wheel profiler installed, Rfactor activated, before 4GB patch game crashed with 33 BRDC cars on grid at Snetterton circiut, after patch all OK, on start from end FPS at 50FPS after 2 turs at 60, so only shrt test (10 laps) but lookes promising atm

still a lot of work making Assetto corsa ands some other apps o work again
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2016 - 18:01

Michal Janak wrote:
hard night and only W7, drivers and wheel profiler installed, Rfactor activated, before 4GB patch game crashed with 33 BRDC cars on grid at Snetterton circiut, after patch all OK, on start from end FPS at 50FPS after 2 turs at 60, so only shrt test (10 laps) but lookes promising atm

Where i can find this patch?
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2016 - 18:06

Martin Lacina wrote:
Michal Janak wrote:

Where i can find this patch?

4 GB Patch
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2016 - 18:12

It's also already included in the gtpc download. You just need to extract it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]   Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - BRDC Sports Car Championship - Snetterton [Oct 19th]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4