Round 3 - MG Race Day - Donington Park [Oct 12th]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - MG Race Day - Donington Park [Oct 12th]   Wed 12 Oct - 17:42

Well i spun again in the first corner, but this time it was my fault when i failed to anticipate Yves coming across, so i want to apologize to him and Andersern.

After doing what i could with my limited qualy time, this promised to be a good race, and despite my early mishap, i was able to climb all the way back to 4th overall and second in class, which has to be considered a good result. Still i reckon i could have fought for class win Sad

Big thank you once again to Pascal to provide the broadcast, and to all the racers, it's nice to race in such a big grid!

Number of posts : 3218
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - MG Race Day - Donington Park [Oct 12th]   Wed 12 Oct - 17:54

Richard Wilks wrote:
Big thank you once again to Pascal to provide the broadcast, and to all the racers, it's nice to race in such a big grid!
Agreed. :top:

I've just watched the early part of the race. lol!
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - MG Race Day - Donington Park [Oct 12th]   Wed 12 Oct - 18:09

The good thing: I tied my best HSO result so far.
The bad thing: too numerous to count. Rolling Eyes

Started in qualifying when I already had 6/10s together but overshot the last chicane. Hmkay, its just qualifying.

Did an educated guess on my race setup, added some more camber and roll bar, and went into the race like that more or less untested, but it turned out okay. The start into the race was alright, untill T1, someone spun right in the middle of the track, I had to take the scenic route and lost a couple of positions. Got relatively quick into the Top 10, thanks to some other mishaps, was behind a small group of cars and got closer to them, got parallel to someone on Starkey's straight, but lost it on the brakes - braking on the inside is something else to the usual line Sad I spun and someone hit me while being stationary, thankfully not fatal. So I rejoined, started the chase again, overtook Jan with a bit of side contact - sorry for that, and gained a few more positions with the help of others. After a while, I found myself behind Raul, who was all over the place with an ill-handling car. Unfortunately for me, he was to fast for me where it counted, and where I was clearly faster, I wasn't close enough. I lost some time in traffic, made that up again, had two opportunities at McLeans, but couldn't really pull it off, and then spun accelerating out of the chicane. To add insult to injury, Raul soon finally lost his car and took another one with him. Awesome. From there, I tried to get closer to Jonathan and Dylan, was about the same speed for most of the time, later on, I could gain some time, lost some in a half spin, basically because I was pushing to hard, got closer, lost over five seconds again when trying to lap another car, with the second in race trying to do the same to me - not cool, not cool at all, because the was all solo. Then Jonathan and Dylan had their fight and I could half the arrears within a few laps, then I felt I was pushing the car to much and lost quite some time, backed off a notch and then the car was fine again. I couldn't go any faster, but with careful pacing, I was always within a few tenths of my PB. I finished about 12 seconds behind the car in front of me in seventh. Frustrating considering what I lost during the race and looking at the speed I could go.
At least I was generally happy with my car tonight. About the rest, it'll work one day Smile

Number of posts : 11850
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - MG Race Day - Donington Park [Oct 12th]   Wed 12 Oct - 18:17

Results and points are up  :flag:

A big big thanks to everyone that shows up. These grid's have been amazing.

Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - MG Race Day - Donington Park [Oct 12th]   Wed 12 Oct - 19:21

Bad race for me, got a good start but then lost it while trying to follow Jacob with too much throttle.
Bad luck for Chris, who had nowhere to go crashing into my car.

Repair stop would only have been 40 seconds, but somehow my pit crew decided to put in 100 L of fuel with a watering can...

Sorry for contact with Philippe and another spin. Mick was the next unlucky guy crashing into my stranded car.

Way too much mistakes, car was way better than the result may seem.

Thanks for the good youtube-coverage. Your getting much better every time Pascal!

Pro Driver

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - MG Race Day - Donington Park [Oct 12th]   Wed 12 Oct - 20:58

Matthias Weber wrote:
Your getting much better every time Pascal!

Thank you :hello: I'm glad my commentating skills are improving :D

What is Psychosis? - When everybody turns into tiny dolls and they have needles in their mouths and they hate you and you don't care because you have THE KNIFE! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! - Definition courtesy of Dr Lemuel Pillmeister (also known as Lemmy)
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/GrandPrixracer100 Online
Jacob Fredriksson
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 776
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - MG Race Day - Donington Park [Oct 12th]   Thu 13 Oct - 5:51

Beating a reliable Alba seems to be an impossibility. I can't get the Rondeau to go any better, so I'm very happy with another 2nd place. Had a good clean race going, but did one major mistake where I had to reverse at the chicane. I lost maybe 15 seconds there, and if I hadn't, I might had been able to challenge Ray the last few laps when he lost a lot of pace (fuel related?). If I had been able to stay within 10 seconds it might have been interesting, but I have to qually and start better.

Most lapping situations were just as I like them, very predictable an safe, no dumb slowing down on the racing line stuff, thanks! There was just one thing, that POS Ada did some fucked up shit on the main straight late in the race, WTF was that? Not okay.

Club Driver

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - MG Race Day - Donington Park [Oct 12th]   Thu 13 Oct - 14:16

I dunno what I am doing wrong, I have never had this many DNF's - 2 out of 2.

Qualified mid pack, first lap T1 mess avoided and allowed me to leapfrog to 9th behind Mattias until he got a wriggle on exit to a corner. I went in front of him which was STUPID of me and got T boned as I went past him. Sorry Mattias, I just chose the wrong line at the wrong moment. I hope I did not mess up your race.

I pitted for 64 seconds which put me with the leaders when I exited the pits and with a car that was very different. I was well off pace and getting in the way so decided to bin it.

Thanks for the racing otherwise guys, catch you all at Snetterton.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - MG Race Day - Donington Park [Oct 12th]   Thu 13 Oct - 14:31

Don't get discouraged Chris, the races have been a bit hectic, but i think you did fine until the accident Smile

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - MG Race Day - Donington Park [Oct 12th]   Thu 13 Oct - 14:34

The first part of the race was great fun following David, our pace was such that we pulled quite a gap to third place, but when he span and dropped back I just managed the gap till the end.

Thanks again to Pascal and HSO.

See you at Snetterton.

Number of posts : 3218
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - MG Race Day - Donington Park [Oct 12th]   Thu 13 Oct - 14:59

Raymond Riddall wrote:
The first part of the race was great fun following David, our pace was such that we pulled quite a gap to third place, but when he span and dropped back I just managed the gap till the end.

Thanks again to Pascal and HSO.

See you at Snetterton.
The first part of the race was great Ray, after my half spin at the chicane allowed you to take the lead I should have taken that as a warning and slowed down a bit and tried to finish second :doh: . The braking  problems later spun me off at Redgate causing a lot of damage to the car. I need to find a way to make the car brake better and safer. scratch study
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - MG Race Day - Donington Park [Oct 12th]   Thu 13 Oct - 15:59

Chris Tarboton wrote:

I went in front of him which was STUPID of me and got T boned as I went past him.  Sorry Mattias, I just chose the wrong line at the wrong moment.  I hope I did not mess up your race.

Ah, no chance for you, completely my mistake. My race was over because of +160 seconds of fuel at the repair stop xD

Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - MG Race Day - Donington Park [Oct 12th]   Fri 14 Oct - 12:52

Arrivé sur le serveur un peu trop tard pour faire un meilleur temps, je suis 15ème sur la grille de départ.

Je monte en 10ème position à la fin du 1er tour, après les erreurs de certains pilotes dans les premiers virages.

Au 2ème tour, je n'arrive pas à éviter la voiture de Matthias qui vient de s'accrocher et qui dérive lentement là où je voulais passer pour ne pas la toucher... Je passe entre sa voiture et le rail j'abime un peu la carrosserie mais les organes-vitaux n'ont rien. affraid  
En revanche je me retrouve 22ème... Il vaut mieux que cela arrive au 2ème tour qu'à l'avant dernier...

Remonté en 10ème position après de multiples bagarres avec Frank, Jan Tits ou Simon, je bute sur Juha que je n'arrive pas à dépasser. Je parts à la faute en tentant de le surprendre à la sortie de la chicane, je tape légèrement les pneus de l'entrée des stands sans dommage mais je me retrouve 11ème après la manœuvre pour me remettre en piste.

Dans les derniers tours j'ai pu dépasser Simon et Jan pour prendre la 9ème place du général.

Une course bien animée (22ème 9ème c'est pas mal) et très plaisante avec des bagarres très correctes Very Happy

Bravo à Ray et Yves et aux podium ainsi qu'à tous les participants :top:

Merci Richard, HSO et Pascal pour la vidéo :top:

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - MG Race Day - Donington Park [Oct 12th]   

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - MG Race Day - Donington Park [Oct 12th]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3