Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibaņez
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 14255
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Milwaukee (Sep 25th)   Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 19:18

So I watched the replay and found the following, with special attention to comparing Scott Urick and Alan Forster, who pitted at the same time:

- Raul Jereb crashed on his lap 15, and because he bounced back to the track and stopped there, a yellow was thrown (No yellow if crashed cars do not reenter/stay at the track).

- At that exact moment, the leader Richard was also in lap 15, same as Scott Urick and Alan Forster.

- Scott passes the start line and is in lap 16, the SC has still not moved, while Alan is still at turn 3/4

- Alan crosses the line and is in lap 16 when the SC starts moving. The race leader is in lap 16 also, but half a track in front and starts lap 17, meeting the SC after turn 2

- Meanwhile both Alan and Scott complete the lap and cross the start line to be in lap 17. When Alan crosses, the SC is at turn 3, with the leader already behind him.

- Both Alan and Scott enter the pits next time around. Both cross the start line in the pits when heading for their pit slot and are in lap 18, same as the leader, who had already crossed behind the SC.

- Scott comes out of the pits and joins the qeue in position 20 in lap 18, crossing the line for lap 19. Alan does the same some seconds later and is in position 21.

- For some reason, Scott accelerates and keeps advancing till the SC and stays there till the green flag is given at the end of lap 21. Before turns 3/4 of lap 20 the game momentarily scores him as P1 when behind the SC, as all his moves have meant going one position up each time.  Then all of the sudden, when going past turns 3 and 4, his position drops quickly in the score to P20 and once he crosses the start line, jumps again to P1. From then one he is scored at the top and starts losing position when being overtaken by the quicker cars at the top.

- Alan entered to serve the penalty still in lap 20.

So my conclussions:

- Scott was the last to go by the SC before it started moving. I guess he got lucky and the game somehow allowed him to move up to regain a lap he had actually not lost. While Alan was counted as overtaking the SC.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Milwaukee (Sep 25th)   Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 23:21

Thanks for that Alberto, so was just bad luck I got that penalty then. Any ideas as to why the penalty wouldn't clear? I tried to do it 3 or 4 times.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 978
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Milwaukee (Sep 25th)   Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 23:54

There is a small difference in the penalty icon.

If it has a small arrow beside/in the icon it's a drive through, if it doesn't it's a StopGo.

I've rarely been given penalties by rFactor so I can't give you a better description but my guess is that you were given one or the other but you might not have realized which one it was?

If you are scared entering a corner, you are pushing to hard,
if you are bored entering a corner, you aren't pushing enough,
if you hit it perfectly, it will be better than love
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibaņez
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Milwaukee (Sep 25th)   Wed 28 Sep 2016 - 8:08

Alan Forster wrote:
Thanks for that Alberto, so was just bad luck I got that penalty then. Any ideas as to why the penalty wouldn't clear? I tried to do it 3 or 4 times.

I believe the first time you entered you had not yet done a full lap behind the SC (cross the line twice), but it could well be what Jonathan said, and you were trying to serve the wrong one. Has happened to me in the past (CART98).

Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Milwaukee (Sep 25th)   Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 9:33

Are there the same amount of one-offs for Ontario than for Indianapolis?

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Milwaukee (Sep 25th)   Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 9:45

Some cars will appear again as one offs, like the Smokey Yunnick Eagle 72 and the Penske Eagle 72 (Donohue), but there will be different (and less) cars available as one-offs. Plus those that are currently free in the championship list, and those of people who can't attend the race.

Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Milwaukee (Sep 25th)   Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 17:46

Alberto Ibaņez wrote:
Some cars will appear again as one offs, like the Smokey Yunnick Eagle 72 and the Penske Eagle 72 (Donohue), but there will be different (and less) cars available as one-offs. Plus those that are currently free in the championship list, and those of people who can't attend the race.

Will be #73 here again?

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 13925
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Milwaukee (Sep 25th)   Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 18:02

Michal Janak wrote:
Alberto Ibaņez wrote:

Will be  #73 here again?

Yes

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Milwaukee (Sep 25th)   

Back to top Go down

Round 8 - Milwaukee (Sep 25th)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6