Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)

Go down 
+29
Florkin Marc
Konstantin Zubov
Miroslav Havlík
Philippe Martinelli
Jacob Fredriksson
Michal Janak
Simon Wattman
Greg Hunt
Mick Chapman
Gianluca Desposito
Petr Hlavac
Raymond Riddall
Didier Conjeaud
Matthias Weber
David Sabre
Vincent Beretta
Martin Lacina
Gérard Ryon
Yves Plaçais
Pascal Mikula
Michael Drechsler
Raul Jereb
Emmanuel Haas
James Knowles
Jonatan Acerclinth
Jan Kowalski
Juha Bos
Richard Coxon
Jason White
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:00

Is there a link for live stream, please? Can't find it on HSO YouTube channel
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:07

It will pop up when it is live
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:11

Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:11

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:27

Surpris par le freinage (précoce, ou je n'ai pas vu le repère,) je pars en travers, j'arrive à éviter Ray et j'emplafonne Jan à qui je détruit l'aileron arrière.... Vraiment désolé, Jan, fait ch... d'avoir détruit ta course.
Fichue saison, vivement qu'elle se termine.
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:36

I hate it when I sim race and ir feels like the car is driving me..

I don't this it is the car I had or the mod, and I tried a few tricks with my DFGT-but it is just ridiculous when it feels like the car is driving me, and me not the car....

I drove my Nissan Versa at an HPDE yesterday, and it is communicates more and is more responsive than my car today

I must be doing something very very wrong...
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:42

I hope I made a show while I was on track at least! Fun fight with Didier, Ray and David. I knew I couldn't keep the pace up for long, so went at it from the drop of the green. What else what I supposed to do, run 10th, and then go to sleep?

Love Zandvoort, too bad the track looks like Sports Car GT, graphically.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:46

Another retirement, and quite a bizarre one. I turn into the first hairpin, I see Konstantin's car on the grass, and it just gets teleported onto the track into my path. I hit it hard enough to lose the wing and bend the suspension. I pit, get a new wing and start with the steering at a slight angle. I then cause Martin to go off as he tries to avoid me, upon which I then to crash myself out on purpose to avoid ruining someone else's race.

My apologies to Martin for getting in his way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:57

Crap, lost the rear braking for Tarzan, landed on the curb, got to a bad rest there, got stuck and was unable to get away from there without assistence - which is usually not the case in simracing.

Until then, it was a really pleasent weekend, set a new personal best with the car (and still had 2/10s in the car), missing the 19th grid spot by 0.067 seconds. And finally managed to go under 1.18. An amicable start. My race setup felt quite fine, maybe a bit aggressive on acceleration, but generally well balanced and controllable. The only unknown was how long the tires will last. The race started pretty well, gained a position on the start, two more in the second lap, as two guys were spinning off, lost a position again, had a fun battle with Emanuelle Haas and Claudio Augusto, including a lil' dab in my rear. But then, lap 4, I had to brake on the inside, and my unfortunate incident ended my race. Barnacles.

Well, let's see what other rides are gonna be available for the rest of the season. I guess, I'll have to find another bucket now Wink
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 20:58

0/20 sur toute la ligne pour moi ce soir , et j ai la HAINE !!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 21:01

I must apologize profusely to Jonatan.  Embarassed  I was trying to make room for him to lap me, and I got all crossed up.  He had nowhere to go and took his wing off on my car,  hopefully with the attrition rate he can make a stop for repairs and still finish decent...
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 21:01

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
Love Zandvoort, too bad the track looks like Sports Car GT, graphically.

The track sure needs a little makeover, it still a lot of GPL flavour to it. Including the extremely bumpy, because low poly surface...
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 22:02

Very tough race! Good job all finishers :top:

WINNING DRIVER

WINNING CONSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2016-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 22:05

Good Race..Very good broadcast!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 22:28

My race was over on turn 1 of lap 2. Crying or Very sad

Had a good start again and was chasing Jacob, i hit the brakes a little bit too late, would have made the corner, but not without hitting the ATS.

So i decided to avoid the contact, so i ended up in the barrier. :doh:

Great i thought, bent suspension and tried to go on, not recognizing i also had a flat tire...

Result: 2 laps behind the leader after 3 Laps... With a bent left rear i almost wanted to quit the race, but i made it to the end. What a shame, points would have been possible.

Whole race felt like an Oval Race, turning my wheel only right in the first two hairpins. :slurp:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 22:39

best race for me after loooong time, best Q position as i know, very afraid after 2 CTD in pre race practice and Q.

Start one of the better ones for me, didn want to crash so 2 positions only lost but this race i finaly keep the pace with cars in front and finaly only once ovetrooked in whole race.

Zandvoort in this layout is my favorite from GPL era

I am very happy for 2 points here :champ:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 22:40

Just got to get this out of me to begin with...

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :champ: :banane: :D :drink: :aie: :drink:

As you all know I'm not fond of the M26 and really didn't feel that it would be anything worthwhile around the circuit, the bumpy-nes really killed the McLaren...

In Qualifying I got within 3 tenths of my PB and at that point I was happy with it and left it at that and just did a few laps with my race setup and tweaked it just a weany, tiny bit. That did help, surprisingly Smile

The Race got under way and I took it very cautiously, didn't push at all for the opening 2 laps just standing ready to throw the car out of the way of possible cars being on the racing surface.

Survived it and cruised, pretty much, for the opening 12-13 laps and then began to push as, with the fuel burning away, the car became lighter and more "nimble", or well, more managable.

Began closing in, a bit, on Martin who were ahead but then the incident described by Juha occured and I settled down for a moment to see where I was in the field and decided to stay put and keep the car on the road.

To my surprise I soon began closing in on Richard, except the odd scary lapping (no worries, it was me being more out of control while lapping more than anything else), which made me interested in getting by his beautiful M23.

Around lap 23 I was behind Jason and he had a moment. I should have forseen it and not attacked the turn like I usually do but I did and contact occured, sadly ending Jasons' race and damaging my own car.
No worries Jason, I'm more dissapointed with myself not taking into account the possability of you loosing the car while trying to make room.

Managed to limp back to the pits and get the wing replaced. Got back out and the mechanics hadn't even as much as looked at the left front suspension, I was ready to shout at them for it but immedietly found that the car was damaged so had my hands full.
After a few laps I understood the way the car handled with the damage (about 1/5 steering to the right damage as well as quite mahoosive understeer).

Began to fight back after I spun in T1 (sorry to those affected, tried to be very predictable and I think it worked out...

1st I managed to get by Emmanuel who I think decided to not put up too much of a fight as he didn't defend the inside, thank you for making the pass nice and easy for me to pull off.

And then I think others in front had some issues, Richard pitted and I, all of a sudden, found myself in 7th with 39 or so seconds to get up to Martin in his Renault.

So, since I had nothing to save for as I was, again, in 7th, I went for it. I blasted my race pace PB out of the water with a 18.8 or 18.7 in the end while driving with a damaged car (my previous race PB was a 20.1) so you damn well can't blame me for not trying :hihi:

I managed to stay somewhat consistent, had a few moments, especially in Turn3 where I wanted to take just a bit too much speed with me...

In the end I began to feel like Martin was uncachable but, as I saw that Richard was really close behind me, I didn't slow down my pace but instead managed to speed up even more setting that RaceLap PB on lap 57 or a few laps later, but around that time in the race.

And then, to my amazement, Martins' rear wing was laying in the middle of Turn4 and coming out of the turn I made my way by and up into 6th position.

What then came to be is the 2nd best ever drive I've put in in my entire SimRacing Life. I don't think I made a single misstake for the last 15 or so laps which isn't easy when going all out around this Zandvort circuit Twisted Evil

I am very happy to finally get a points paying position in the championship, it feels like it's been a long way coming.

Thank you to the organisation and all fellow racers for a nice event. Not a fan of the track still but really, really chuffed with 6th tonight Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 22:41

Results and points are up
Screenies to follow

EDIT: Screenies up

http://historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/1144
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2016 - 7:10

Race
One good start again (from 8th to 3rd) and in the first laps a battle between Greg, Gerard and me. The race was starting good, i could go the pace in the beginning and even climp up to 1st. I overestimate the grip of my rear inside tyre and did a halfspin which cost me my frontwing and in total 110 seconds. A little bit unfortunate, but with new tyres and still damage in the front my pace were between 1:17.5 - 1:18.4 on 100L fuel. I chase down the field, but it was a risky way because the front end grip weren´t there, so i had to compensate it all the time with throttle and more steering. In the full throttle section i went too wide to the left which send me in a spin under braking. So it was all over Lap 34. However, with the beginning of the race it was an little achievement to be in front.
With the damaged car 5th or 6th would have been possible. Without my spins perhaps 3rd or 4th to be realistic. There were no chance to challenge Gerard i guess.

Congrats to the podium, all finishers and the amazing grid :hello:
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2016 - 9:47

Thx all for your participation. :frank:
Grats to podium and survivors of the kerbs. :D
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2016 - 16:04

Grats to Gerard and all finishers!

Jan you are a rocket ship, major props, i dont know how you do it in that blue tank ;P

Special thanks to Dana and Gerard who helped me get up to speed with my new ride, i was lost without the help.

Once the early battle of the race settled down, i thought i was in real trouble with tire wear, and double that with ray riddel not far behind (who has beat me in the past with his excellent tire management), and didier right there too in the lotus. from lap 15 on it was mostly trying my best to save the tires, fingers crossed the whole time the 2 behind would battle with each other. at no point was i sure if i was going to make the tires reach the finish, so it was tense the whole time, not to mention i had a couple solo errors that had me off on the grass or sideways and my nails dug in the wheel ;P Final phase it looked like ray came into some difficulty, tires?, and didier was on a tear. i sorta decided what will be will be with the tires and re-focused on the track ahead and just drove. so happy to make it across the line! with so much attrition, big grats to all finishers, and Jonatan for getting in the points!

dave
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2016 - 16:36

:champ: Lotus carton plein :top: Bravo David,Didier.
Départ moyen comme d'habitude,mais je devais ménagé le pneu avant gauche,donc j'ai décidé de suivre Greg,avec Jan(super départ) dans mes échappements.Jan passe deuxième.Greg puis Jan font une erreur et Super Mario Very Happy passe premier. :conduit:
Bravo a tous les participants. :flag:
A big congratulations for the broadcast. :chinois:

Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2016 - 21:03

Really very sad race for me. In the qualification i did my best and with my PB i had a 13th position. After the start i lost a several position as usual. With Renault is a bit different to start. The car is very unstable during the wheelspin and if you lost the revolution you lost also the power because the Renault is died in lower revolution. Another important moment was in 9lap where i had to avoid the collision with spunned Juha and one of the curb catched me. Fortunatelly i got out and could continue but i lost a several position. Before the end ouf the race i hoped to keep my good position and point into the championship because Jonathan was very quick and my tyres was in bad conditions. All the time during the race i fight with overheated front left tyre so in the corners the car was very understeer. 15 laps into the end when i calculationg how many seconds i can lost in last laps to Jonathan who was 15s behind me i did my worst mistake where i lost the concentration and hited the wall in the slowest part of the track. It was the reason why i lost the rear wing and then the car was undrivable so i lost the front wing as well on the corner exit. Congratulation to all the Lotus cars on the podium and also to Jonathan to the point for championship.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2016 - 21:45

Gérard Ryon wrote:
:champ: Lotus carton plein :top: Bravo David,Didier.
+1 :top:
Back to top Go down
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2016 - 22:25

Bravo Gérard pour cette nouvelle victoire,
pour ma part je suis comme Greg, 0/20 sur ce coup !
Pas pu m'entraîner la semaine, j'ai hésité a faire la course, mais paradoxalement j'avais le créneau horaire pour y participer !
Donc hotlap le samedi en soirée, et 1'19 en qualif pour la course (pas brillant, mais bon....!)
Départ très correct avec le set-up course avec lequel je ne m'étais pas entraîné, 1 ier tour satisfaisant, et puis à la fin des virages de Tarzan, une voiture sur ma trajectoire, je l'évite, puis je me fais surprendre par un sur-virage inattendu, et hops la barrière plus d'ailerons avant et abandon...!
Déçu, j'aurai voulu aller plus loin en plus j'étais déterminé !
:doh:
Marcus
:cowboy:
PS: je ne comprend toujours pas comment je roule aussi lentement (1'19 pour 1'13 pour les meilleurs), et je suis à fond tout le temps?
Y a t'il des réglages spéciaux sur le mod ou sur l'ordinateur?? je ne comprend pas! scratch study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)   Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 13 - Zandvoort (Sep 18th)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next