Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Matthias Weber
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Wed 7 Sep 2016 - 22:00

if those cars were really that bad under braking those days, the drivers of those beasts have my biggest respect!

Had a good startan avoided any contacts, but after some laps "my brakes became cheese and mushrooms" and my car half-spun after the long straight.
Standing there in the way of Petr who hit me and putting my in the right direction again, sadly he spun because of that, sorry.

Car felt great, damage didn't affect my laptimes, and i could drive a little bit faster than Raul and Jacob. Had big luck when Juha decided to test the strengh of the tire barriers when i've been directly behind him.

When driving on my own car was really good and had the potential for the podium, because of Raul's retirement it was realistic. When lapping cars my car went mad on the brakes, makin it really dangerous for me and the other drivers. Luckily everything went well.

In the last quarter of the race i nearly reached Jacob, but my car got a little wheelspin when shifting from 2nd to 3rd before the last chicane and suddenly it decided to steer 90 degrees to the right and i slammed into the right tire barriers. I've been very lucky that i could drive to the end, but damage was to big. Petr slipped through during that crash. Evil or Very Mad
From then on my car was 2/3 seconds slower per lap than before, so it would have been very close with Jonatan to the end, but i think he had the same problems like me.
Very frustating to throw away the podium, had no tire problems at all, because i think they are made from wood instead of rubber. :jp:

Looking forward to Brands Hatch, and getting nightmares when i think of the braking zone in Snetterton...

Club Driver

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Wed 7 Sep 2016 - 22:16

Richard Coxon wrote:
Results and points are up  :flag:
Where can I find the results?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 11850
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Wed 7 Sep 2016 - 22:17

Oyvind Andersen wrote:
Richard Coxon wrote:
Results and points are up  :flag:
Where can I find the results?
http://historicsimracing.org/en/resultats/73

Club Driver

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Wed 7 Sep 2016 - 22:22

Really happy with that, car felt great to drive, was able to push when I needed to, but the tyres were shot towards the end. Had a few scary moments lapping , but so pleased with my first win here at hso and can't wait for the next race.

Thanks Ray.

Number of posts : 12770
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Wed 7 Sep 2016 - 22:26

Matthias Weber wrote:
if those cars were really that bad under braking those days, the drivers of those beasts have my biggest respect!

Not sure about your car, but the URD feels good enough. Maybe its a matter of settings. But yes, any ground effects car will be quite squirrely under braking when the underbody starts moving up and down (You lose downforce when the front end lowers and reduces the amount of air that goes into the tunnels)

Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Wed 7 Sep 2016 - 22:30

Frankly, I don't like this car (see the notes from Matthias) and this version of Silverstone is just awful. But the full grid and intense fighting made it a good race :top: Similar to F1 78, there are better cars on the grid, so my starting position will never be good and I'll have to make it up in the race. This time I was lucky to be on podium, only thanks to Matthias' crash towards the end. The only thing that bothers me is Jacob's speed. How he can drive this thing so fast is a mystery to me. Grats to all finishers :top: Enjoy the next race, I won't be there, as I'll be enjoying my vacation.

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Thu 8 Sep 2016 - 5:20

Awesome race last night Chaps although my result belies the fun I had.

Well done to the winner and podiums and finishers.

First time racing with this mod and I like the tweaks done for this series.

Quali did a PB by 2 or 3 tenths so was happy to be in 13th for the start.

Being such a full grid I was worried of issues at the start but it was all good until the T4 melee. I managed to get through but came out in 18th I think it was with at least no damage.

Finally got up to around my starting position and had just overtaken a wayward Richard Coxon and he came back with a vengeance. We tussled really closely for a few laps until we got too close at the hairpin. Boom, into the barrier, no splitter and no front end grip. Pitted for 70 seconds and a lap down in 22nd, tried to get back my lap but around the L38 mark came through the last sweep, saw smoke mid corner, nothing to do but hope the cars are out the way and too late, BOOM, on my roof, car wrecked and race over.

No problems Richard re the contact, its the danger of close racing sadly. Whoever I hit in the smoke at the last corner I apologise to but there was nothing, absolutely nothing I could do about it.

Looking forward to the next one. I hope I can at least finish.

Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 8005
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Thu 8 Sep 2016 - 8:16

Interesting race from my side. I discovered the car during the qualy and the race. Just before start, I changed my gearbox, putting a longer first gear. Great idea, because I will gain 8tenth on my qualy PB from qualy.
Started 22th, I avoid the crash in the first lap at turn 4, gaining some precious positions. I could finish 8th chased by Simon but only 1liter was missing in the tank, so 12th position finally. So unlucky. :D
Thx Martin Lacina for your absence, it was a nice occasion to test that car. :conduit:
Thx Richard for event. :chinois:
Grats podium, and all participants. cheers
Thx Pascal for the coverage. :frank:

Raul Jereb
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Thu 8 Sep 2016 - 8:36

Once again, thank you Richard for this event and champ.. its a beauty!
and thanks Pascal for great coverage.. its exciting to listen to you as much as participating!! you are a natural (as Jason and Richard!!)

great fun overall!!!

Back to top Go down
Sky Willis
Club Driver

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Thu 8 Sep 2016 - 9:13

i only got to lap 9, but i had a lot of fun.

as fiddly corners didn't suit the WM, i was using a lot of rear brake to get it to turn which i think eventually did me in. in spite of that its a really fun car to drive and (to me) the best sounding. (whoever was following me at one point was making a right waspy racket Razz ).

might have to do some setup fiddling for brands. theres going to be some equally tricky tracks before the ones that might suit the car a bit more.

also, broadcast was awesome!
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Thu 8 Sep 2016 - 9:24

Mick Chapman wrote:
Thank you for waiting Ludvic......Sorry, I was a pain in the but to follow...So nervous under braking....

That was the least I can do as I was responsible for your spin.
You weren't a pain at all. You were just defending your position under pressure. I've got quite a few scuffles during the race and you weren't the worst by far.

I've to apologize to the leader. The first time he overlapped me I was in an intense battle and I don't realise who was in the car chasing me. I was too focused on the car ahead. Made a mistake and bump the leader as he overtaked me. Sorry for that.

A very intense race for me.
In qualifications I beat my PB by 1.5 seconds. Again I did my best lap with a car in hard tyres and fuel for the race. I never be able to cope with the qualy tyres and low fuel tanks. A new back row start. But it doesn't matter in this serie as I've just one goal: have fun in a car mythic for me (the scream of the engine was emblematic during the 24H Le Mans. I woke up at night saying..hey the Mazda's gone :D )

The race was a perpetual fight. I never had a pause. It was scuffle after scuffle all along. For many it will be great. To be honest ,well it was also for me for 30 laps. Starting with the 30-32th lap, I started to accumulate the mistakes on brakes and gear changes. During the last ten laps I just collapsed mentally. My autistic mind wasn't able to cope with all that kind of pressure for a so long period.

Nonetheless it was one of those race to be remembered for sure. Can't wait for the next one.

Number of posts : 776
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Thu 8 Sep 2016 - 13:24

A few quick snapshots of lap 1:

Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Thu 8 Sep 2016 - 22:22

Great pictures Jacob :top:

Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Fri 9 Sep 2016 - 10:57

QVALE P11 was perfectly fine for me.
was long on P8, but had a spin in the last turn of lap 28, was barely touched bettong wall. 368 seconds and repair a small damage, there is a bug in modders? affraid
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Fri 9 Sep 2016 - 11:00

@Öyvind There actually isn't. It's to make it realistic, back in the day a repair to fix something that was damaged wasn't exactly quick.

I had a crash when we raced this mod on German tracks (DRM 84 or something, you can find the series in the Archive area of the forum) and had a punture, busted suspension and so on, was stationary for 751 seconds in the pits, was 15 or so laps down by that time Smile

If you are scared entering a corner, you are pushing to hard,
if you are bored entering a corner, you aren't pushing enough,
if you hit it perfectly, it will be better than love
Back to top Go down
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Fri 9 Sep 2016 - 12:03

I think it is too long repair times in relation to the length of the race
And this is Simracing, I also got an error on the controller when you were away in me, and it was not big bang Smile
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 776
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Fri 9 Sep 2016 - 13:27

Avoid the pits at all costs with this mod. Also, refueling takes forever in this mod (which is historically accurate), so make sure you don't add any fuel at all if you have to pit in these races. Aren't there options on what kind of repairs you want?

Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Fri 9 Sep 2016 - 14:11

You can select to "repair all" damage which will include suspension and so on, or "repair body" which will just repair the bodywork but leave any suspension damage etc.

Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Fri 9 Sep 2016 - 14:41

Yes, I know, but I did not know what that was damaged in addition to steering the car.
my point is that the repair time was too long in relation to the crash, if you understand me
google translation is not so good Smile
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Sun 11 Sep 2016 - 10:32

In my opinion we should keep it (realistic) as it is now. Repair times are very long for those short races, but if someone made a mistake those times with those aluminium chassis, race was over.

I hope we have less casualties in the next races :rigol:

Club Driver

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Mon 12 Sep 2016 - 6:29

Just wanted to say sorry i missed this round. I just moved into a new house and the internet was supposed to be connected before the race but it was delayed and has just been connected now. I'll see you all at the next round though. Really looking forward to it :banane:

Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 11:18

Alex Thomas wrote:
Just wanted to say sorry i missed this round. I just moved into a new house and the internet was supposed to be connected before the race but it was delayed and has just been connected now. I'll see you all at the next round though. Really looking forward to it :banane:

No problem Alex. See you on track at Brands.

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone   

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - BRDC Euro Race Day - Silverstone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4