Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th)

Go down 
+27
Matthias Weber
Petr Hlavac
David Jaques
Alberto Ibañez
Martin Lacina
Greg Hunt
Ben Paulet
Rubén Fernández
Steve Parker
Cláudio Augusto
Raymond Riddall
Pascal Mikula
Michael Drechsler
Sky Willis
Raul Jereb
Jan Kowalski
Florkin Marc
Gérard Ryon
Jason Fitch
Abat Hernaez
Juha Bos
Michal Janak
François Remmen
Jonatan Acerclinth
Richard Coxon
Mike Becnel
Jason White
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th)   1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul 2016 - 12:36

Je ne sais pas trop quelle est la raison exacte. Je pense que ça doit être le serveur qui perd ta connexion quelques dixièmes de seconde.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th)   1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul 2016 - 12:39

It seems very similar to what happened to me at my pitstop at Pocono, a slightly lag (glitch) on the connection.
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th)   1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul 2016 - 12:48

Mike Becnel wrote:
Greg didn't you say you lost the screen? Wheels go straight and you hit the wall. 1 second later and you probably would have survived.

game blocked and quickly black screem and game return , and of course in the worst corner ! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

had the same thing in the practice session before the race but in the straight line
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th)   1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul 2016 - 12:51

Do you have a windows update waiting to be installed? Several years ago I had this issue when practicing. I ran the update and the issue went away. Could also be a graphics update or virus software update.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th)   1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul 2016 - 12:54

After my issue I added +fullproc +highprio to my rFactor shortcut. I don't know if it makes any difference but I didn't have any issues at Portugal.

"rFactor\rFactor.exe" +fullproc +highprio
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th)   1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul 2016 - 18:32

Greg Goissen wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:
Greg didn't you say you lost the screen? Wheels go straight and you hit the wall. 1 second later and you probably would have survived.

game blocked and quickly black screem and game return , and of course in the worst corner ! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

had the same thing in the practice session before the race but in the straight line

The same thing happened to me in 78 season during the British race. Before the turn 3 my screen dissapear and appeared again after 40 seconds so all the field was away. Fortunatelly i appeared on the grass when i got to the game so no collision. I thought that it is the problem with the fan on my graphic card because there is some fault with automatic regulation of the fan revolution so i always have to increase the fan speed manually. But in this race was something strange because the fan speed was on 80% so almost the maximum power (temperature of the GPU was around 50°) but anyway the problem appeared again.
Now is a long time without this problem so i dont know what is the cause. Maybe next time i will try the Davids tip. Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th)   1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul 2016 - 18:56

Anyway 1991 mod is very nice so i hope that in next years will be the whole season with this mod again. For this race i choose a very fast car. Maybe i didn know how fast these cars are because i registered from my cell phone on our holiday so without any testing. I spend a lot of time of testing either for qualy run or with the race setup so i choose one pit strategy for the race so i choose the medium tyres on the front and soft on the rear and calculated the pitstop around the half of the race. When i saw GREG as he lost any second on second position i thought that he went to the pit. In next round i did also the pitstop and after that i found out that he was out (unfortunatelly). To have Greg behind the back is very frustrated but my car was a rocket so with a little of discipline was no problem to drive away. Anyway with any other car i will not have such an opportunity to win the race. I admire the other drivers with manuall gearbox whose had more difficulty race.
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th)   1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jul 2016 - 9:26

:clap: Bravo Martin :first: .Encore heureux qu'il y a eu un 2ème départ.Je suis parti avec le pari de ne pas changer les pneus,soft av,ar et j'ai réussi.La 3ème place était assuré,en suivant Jan.Je l'ai vu disparaitre,dommage.
Après la course,je me suis excusé en privé,suite a l'incident avec François R. :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th)   1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jul 2016 - 15:12

Well, the race could very much have been better for me.. Thought I'd had a good setup, yet I kind of screwed that up with my choice of tyres i guess... Francois being very very aggressive in the fight for I think 4th position, he kept pushing me almost off track in Turn 1, yet I could counterattack every time until he ragequit in mid-race, leaving his message behind etc. etc...
Anyways, lap 27, I barely hit the grass with my right rear right after Curva VIP and I spin out, knocking my left front off... So yeah.. disappointment and honestly, also the frustration very high... But still.. good race, and congrats Martin to your win.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th)   1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Aug 2016 - 11:00

Jason White wrote:

Raul, look at lap 2 at the interior parabolica.  You definitely did not try to join when you were sure no one is near.  You had to know cars were baring down on you because it was only lap 2.

Jason, I just had a look on the replay.
I am very sorry. I was not sure what you were talking about, since I was not aware it was YOU who hit me in that moment. All I know is that when I spun, my first reaction was to get out of the racing (outer) line. I heard cars comming and I was shure someone will hit me if I stay on that line. I was shure someone hit my rear and proceded, and I remember that it crossed my mind it was good I moved, or else it would be a bigger accident.... well, acctually it was...
My mistake, totally bad judgment, and I didnt take a look on my left to check.. I was just trying to get out of the way asap.... It was allmost instant reaction...
Road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Im really sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th)   1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th) - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1991 Grande Premio de Portugal (Jul 24th)
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9